LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It looks like Lil-Comforts is stealing art from Disney

Its harder with such a small and simple image, about the only thing I can really see them getting dinged on would be the outfits, as they do seem to be very simular. To be honest, the pictures on the diaps look like they where built from clipart, they might have used the same clipart that disney did for insperation. Heck, they could have built it out of legally sourced clipart.  There is a rather huge database of free usable clipart. In part, because some creators got tired of the bs some pull over copywrites.

It is quite likely the artwork is legit.   ALso helps with how simple to artwork on the diaper is. The bear faces also are very like some childrens art from 20-30 years ago. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 11:47 PM, diaprbayb said:

I get a Disney dinning email.

One of their biggest story is that copyright has run out for Mickey Mouse

That the copyright has run out for Mickey Mouse, people might suspect that the world would be flooded with Mickey Mouse copies, but the market really is not there. All it has done is made it legal for a lot of companies to use the image. Mickey Mouse is already in the market so there is no comercial gain to add more. It is all about demand - creating one and supplying same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 3:11 AM, babykeiff said:

To quote - 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' - but the misunderstood meaning of that phrase is not that copying another is flattery, more like that what you realised is the best for the demographic that you and I are aiming for is similar to what I created means that either both of us got it right or both of us got it wrong.I

That’s an Oscar Wilde quote, but it’s not the whole quote which is why people often misunderstand or misquote it out of context.

”imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness”

what he was implying was that imitation is not at all an art form but a tool of the ignorant and unimaginative people who lack insight or creativity to create anything themselves.

57 minutes ago, Babyqtboy said:

That’s an Oscar Wilde quote, but it’s not the whole quote which is why people often misunderstand or misquote it out of context.

”imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness”

what he was implying was that imitation is not at all an art form but a tool of the ignorant and unimaginative people who lack insight or creativity to create anything themselves.

You are correct that in the full meaning of that quote, but not of the author. Oscar Wilde, born in Westland Row, Dublin, Ireland in 1854 never said that phrase, however many attribute it to him. Oscar Wilde wrote in Irish, with some English translation, and that phrase does not translate from Irish to English. It would be more correct to state that Oscar Wilde would have said "Is é aithris an maidhm a thugann meánmhéid" which translates as "It is the imitation of the compliment that gives mediocrity". Wilde was bilingual being of Irish and English parents, and his first works were published in London. He also published work in Ireland in Irish, and was known for openly commenting in Irish against the then Government in Ireland. Upon his frequent visits to France and USA, he added to his work, and published some works in USA and France. His brash nature was more accepted in USA than London.

It comes from an Englishman - Charles Caleb Cotton (1780) and a book 'Many Things in a Few Words' where the phrase is 'Imitation is a kind of artless flattery', which is a copy of an earlier 1708 phrase "You should consider that Imitation is the most acceptable part of Worship, and that the Gods had much rather Mankind should Resemble, than Flatter them." by Emperor Marcus Antonius.

It is likely, though I do not have proof, that a media source of the era would have 'polished' the phrase in its publication to be ”imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness” as being from Oscar Wilde as he was respected for his work in USA before he gained the respect from both the Church and hierachy in Ireland.

P.S. Oscar Wilde, being an Irishman and similar to all Irish writers, we study in school in Ireland.

Secondly, I was using the quote of the phase as agreement to the artwork, and not as the derogatory act. Even the original author, Emperor Marcus Antonius, the intention was to accept the imitation, but not to accept flattery.

54 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

You are correct that in the full meaning of that quote, but not of the author. Oscar Wilde, born in Westland Row, Dublin, Ireland in 1854 never said that phrase, however many attribute it to him. Oscar Wilde wrote in Irish, with some English translation, and that phrase does not translate from Irish to English. It would be more correct to state that Oscar Wilde would have said "Is é aithris an maidhm a thugann meánmhéid" which translates as "It is the imitation of the compliment that gives mediocrity". Wilde was bilingual being of Irish and English parents, and his first works were published in London. He also published work in Ireland in Irish, and was known for openly commenting in Irish against the then Government in Ireland. Upon his frequent visits to France and USA, he added to his work, and published some works in USA and France. His brash nature was more accepted in USA than London.

It comes from an Englishman - Charles Caleb Cotton (1780) and a book 'Many Things in a Few Words' where the phrase is 'Imitation is a kind of artless flattery', which is a copy of an earlier 1708 phrase "You should consider that Imitation is the most acceptable part of Worship, and that the Gods had much rather Mankind should Resemble, than Flatter them." by Emperor Marcus Antonius.

It is likely, though I do not have proof, that a media source of the era would have 'polished' the phrase in its publication to be ”imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness” as being from Oscar Wilde as he was respected for his work in USA before he gained the respect from both the Church and hierachy in Ireland.

P.S. Oscar Wilde, being an Irishman and similar to all Irish writers, we study in school in Ireland.

Secondly, I was using the quote of the phase as agreement to the artwork, and not as the derogatory act. Even the original author, Emperor Marcus Antonius, the intention was to accept the imitation, but not to accept flattery.

So first, not to nitpick but Oscar Wilde was an Irish-English aristocrat who grew up speaking English and learned French and German as a child. If he spoke Irish Gaelic, (which there is no proof of) he definitely didn’t write in it. By the end of the Famine there were less than 300,000 people fluent in Irish Gaelic, a number that would drop to around 17,000 by 1911. Furthermore, I have a small collection of of early Wilde books, first prints, first press, all in English. Yes you are correct about the origins of the phrase but Wilde was the one who put his dramatic flair to,  so in short, yes Oscar Wilde was in fact quoted as saying “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness”. I am not trying to be argumentative but Oscar Wilde is near and dear to my heart, I wrote my thesis paper on him in graduate school. Also, my family is from Ireland and I spent every summer there with my aunt, which is how I was turned on to Wilde to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Babyqtboy said:

So first, not to nitpick but Oscar Wilde was an Irish-English aristocrat who grew up speaking English and learned French and German as a child. If he spoke Irish Gaelic, (which there is no proof of) he definitely didn’t write in it. By the end of the Famine there were less than 300,000 people fluent in Irish Gaelic, a number that would drop to around 17,000 by 1911. Furthermore, I have a small collection of of early Wilde books, first prints, first press, all in English. Yes you are correct about the origins of the phrase but Wilde was the one who put his dramatic flair to,  so in short, yes Oscar Wilde was in fact quoted as saying “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness”. I am not trying to be argumentative but Oscar Wilde is near and dear to my heart, I wrote my thesis paper on him in graduate school. Also, my family is from Ireland and I spent every summer there with my aunt, which is how I was turned on to Wilde to begin with. 

That there was less that 300,000 speaking Irish in Ireland at the end of the famine is incorrect. 99% of Irish citizen in Ireland were fluent Irish, and it has slowly dropped to 35-40% today. The language was kept behind closed doors in Ireland, where most of the political and social uprising was conducted in Irish even as late as 1916. It is how the Irish people kept ownership of property and land despite the English occupation. It is also how the Irish communicated with each other to organise the 1916 rising, bring the English to their knees, and to regain Irish independence. It is also why our political parties are Irish named - Fianna Fail, Fianna Gael, Sine Fein... and no, I am not translating them to English.

Oscar Wilde's parents - mother, of english descent, and father of Irish descent. He grew up in Westland Row, which was around the corner from the exclusive Georgian estate, but Westland Row was usually the homes of servants and staff, as was the less affulent areas of Boyne Street. Westland Row at that time also included a GWR railway station (named Westland Row station, and later renamed to Staistun na bPiarsach (or in English, Pearse Station after Padraig Pearse) to serve the Georgian estate of Merrion Square. Westland Row was part of Westlands, a tenanment area owned by William Westland - and the properties were build by William Westland in 1770s. It is unique in Ireland as never having an Irish name to be anglisied and then re-translated to be Irish. The streets of Westland Row also included multiple cross city tram lines in the times of Oscar Wilde. It was not an affulent area, it was a cross city tram and train junction.

He, nor his parents were as affulent, and he learnt Irish from his father, while learnt English from his mother. His father was medically trained, but in 1864, being a Doctor was not that profitable. Him being knighted didn't occur in Ireland, as at that time Ireland was under English occupation where no English King set foot on Irish soil. They were too scared to do so - and it took until 2011 until a English Royal did that, and in 2011, it was 100 years since any English Royal had set foot anywhere on Irish soil (yes a few princes / princesses visited Northern Ireland, but were never left their aircraft) - last to do it when King George V, July 1911 for two days, visited Queenstown, now Dun Laoire.

Yes, you are correct that he published a lot of his first work in English, from a base in London, but these manuscripst of plays that he tried out first on the working class Dubliners in the Abbey Theatre in Irish. Most, he destroyed when he rewrote them in England. As a result, the first editions that you have are duplicates of original work that Wilde destroyed as at that time, it was more profitable to be seen as an English citizen and not an Irish citizen.

Ask your Aunt about how the Irish mislead the English for centuries, even today, in relation to property ownership etc by mispronuciation of a civil book of property titles - if she is of Irish decent, she should know. I, am of Irish decent, as is my family and can trace linage back to 7000bc when the first settlers came to Ireland. They were the Celts (pronounced Kelts) and spoke a Celtic (pronounced Kel-tic) language called Gaeilge.     

You, being a son of an Irish emigrant is as common as grass, since the Irish have been slowly taking over the world since 7000bc by emigration. As a result, by pure mathematics, every citizen of the world is of Irish decent. Even Barrack Obahama is supposed to have roots in Offaly - but all he and every other US`President past, present and future is looking for - a way to have a US base on Irish soil - and as long as an Irish person has breath, that will NEVER happen.

Most US citizens presume Ireland is backwards and full of little green men with pots of gold at the end of the rainbow that go diddle eye, diddle dee as they dance down the road. The reality of Ireland is a lot wierder than that, and most people in the world can't understand it, but it doesn't bother us. The truth, culture and history in Ireland is older than most coutries worldwide, something that we are proud of as a nation. The language is diverse, where we have different languages in areas smaller than most US states. To know the Irish / Ireland, one has to live here, but as soon as most people do that, they stay for the rest of their lives. Ireland is not a country to visit - 'cause all we will show you is the tourist traps - the Guiness, the Leprachaun, the fairy stories - i.e. we were running a theme park before Walt Disney's parents were born.

I am sorry, but your source information is heavily anglised and incorrect, as is a lot of published Irish History. The true Irish history has been passed father to son, mother to daughter over generations. We are not a people that wash our dirty laundry in public. We deal with issues internally and have done that for centuries. If you wish to find out about any Irish citizen, you need to travel Ireland and get it first hand from the Irish, and not from the lies that are published. It also might be a good idea for you to also learn the language of the country you are visiting - i.e. Irish NOT Gaelic. In Ireland, the language is Irish and English. It is the Scottish that speak Gaelic, also a derivitive of Celtic language, as is German, or more correctly Germanic.

It is the Irish that speak Gaeilge NOT Gaelic.

Slán leat.

"I said what?!?" - Oscar Wilde

"90 percent of Oscar Wilde quotes are not Oscar Wilde quotes." - Albert Einstein

"Most Einstein quotes aren't Einstein quotes." - Ernest Hemingway

"And you thought Hemingway said THAT?!?" - Jesus

People are going to attribute quotes to famous persons to make them seem more relevant or valid, or just to give the impression that they're well read.  Also, in this case, the argument whether something is or isn't an Oscar Wilde quote is a little beside the point, so to quote the turtle in Finding Nemo: "Focus, dude."

Oh, and before anybody gets their knickers in a bunch, I'm fully aware of the fact that none of the non-turtle "quotes" I used are real.  I used them to illustrate a point.

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Gummybear said:

"90 percent of Oscar Wilde quotes are not Oscar Wilde quotes." - Albert Einstein

People are going to attribute quotes to famous persons to make them seem more relevant or valid, or just to give the impression that they're well read.  Also, in this case, the argument whether something is or isn't an Oscar Wilde quote is a little beside the point, so to quote the turtle in Finding Nemo: "Focus, dude."

Oh, and before anybody gets their knickers in a bunch, I'm fully aware of the fact that none of the non-turtle "quotes" I used are real.  I used them to illustrate a point.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:34 PM, babykeiff said:

Thank you for your support.

It amuses me, in a mischievous way, when some people rush in with what they percieve to be factual based on what they have read about Irish history.

The Irish are a wierd race of people (and I am one of them, so I can say that) that, due to English occupation, do not talk openly about anything in case ears are listening. Some countries follow the axiom 'loose lips, sink ships'  but we Irish are even cuter than that - we tell no-one nothing. We have, within our genes, mastered the way to talk for hours yet tell you nothing. This is how we got the name of great story tellers. Even the Irish language has multiple layers where most Irish can pass information to another by a simple phrase as Dia duit - in english, Hello and/or a look or, what most would see as a facial expression etc.

We, in our own way, have suceeded where thousands of years of invasion has failed, and done it without the cost of rebuilding an infrastructure. Today, in every corner of the world no matter where you look, there is people of Irish descent. Also, in most countries worldwide is an Irish bar. We Irish have taken over the world quietly without anyone knowing it, and suceeded where from Romans to Russia and USA have failed. This, from an Island Country smaller than most US states with a population of 4 million people!

I told you that we were wierd and cuter than most people in the world - however, that can't be true as by simple maths, there is not a person worldwide that can't trace their linage back to being Irish 😝

... so hi cousins, or in our native tounge, Mo chol ceathrareach, dia duit

8 hours ago, Gummybear said:

87.3% of all statistics are made up.

• Haha 1