LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

TYME is on your side 1-7

Les Lea your writing is great. Your stories are interesting

and imaginable.

His being a good boy so he gets out of this E4 section

and put into the proper one for his age.

• Like 1

Hello everyone... glad you're enjoying Jamie's adventure.

I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him or think he's being a bit of a pratt... but it does seem that his situation is slowly beginning to sink in.

However, will his family, especially his mother, compromise or will she insist that E4 is the place best suited to his temperament?

Hugs to each and all... as well as a big THANKS

Les

• Like 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to TYME is on your side 1-5

Part 5

Just after 3pm the main door opened and I saw parents begin to come and collect their children. One or two looked my way and obviously enquired about my presence. Miss Sylvia chatted to them and I saw them nod as if they now understood. I have no idea what was said but suspect, like everything else in this place, my personal information was shared by everyone.

I was trying to hide away as I was still only wearing a t-shirt (as distinctive as it was) and thick childish padding but there were few places to completely disappear. I didn’t dare go up to the carers because they were talking with parents and reporting on their kid’s antics so kept as far away as possible. I also didn’t, on the off chance I was asked, want to engage with any of the parents so tried to look like I was busy.

“MONKEEEE,” I heard being shouted across the room and I saw Joshy charging over to greet me. Strangely I was both surprised and pleased to see him as he rushed into my unexpectedly welcoming arms. “Monkee, monkee, monkee...” he excitedly outlined the shape of the image on my shirt.

OK so he wasn’t calling my name but I suppose, under the circumstances, the fewer people knew who I was the better. It was also embarrassing because I was dressed like an incontinent toddler and he was in his blue and yellow school uniform and had blue shorts covering his diaper.

“Yes Josh and what sound do monkeys make?” I grinned and started pretending we were two monkeys playing together.

After a few minutes the nursery had thinned out and there was only a couple of other kids sat on little chairs giggling waiting for a parent whilst Josh and me were being daft as I’d engaged him with more monkey tales.

“Boys,” I recognised the voice immediately and so did Josh as he got up and ran over. “Mommeee.”

I hadn’t even thought about either of us being picked up I just assumed I’d be sent to get dressed at some point and catch the bus home. So this was a surprise.

“Yes sweetie-pie I’ve come to take you and Jamie home... are you ready and have you got everything?”

He went over and grabbed a piece of paper he’d left with one of the carers and ran back to show mom. She said how impressed she was that he’d done such a wonderful painting.

She looked over to me. “Come on you,” and I saw Miss Tracy hand her a bag.

“Erm, I don’t have my uniform...erm...” I tried to reason.

“No matter... Jamie... I’ve brought the car and I’ll be taking you home.”

“But I can’t go like this, what about some shorts or something...”

“Not for you today sweetie...” this was Miss Sylvia intervening, “only what you’re wearing... for now.”

“But, but...” I was trying again not to lose my temper or create a scene as there were still a couple of parents chatting away.

“Jamie, I hope we won’t have to call the Prefect again,” she whispered but despite mom’s look of alarm I’m sure she already knew about that incident.

I saw I was defeated and the quickest way out of this situation was just to get on with it and go with mom and Josh.

“Good boy,” Miss Sylvia said, “Now be good for mommy and daddy and we’ll all look forward to seeing you tomorrow...” She patted my padded bum. “I hope the cream has worked OK.”

Resentfully, I left the room but had to agree the cream and fresh diaper had certainly eased the pain of the vicious attack... one that my parents had sanctioned... but how was I going to get my own back?

#

I didn’t like the fact I was still dressed as a toddler and mom had not protested about it at all. Mind you, she’d been on my case since our move was first spoken of and I’d started my campaign of non-cooperation. At the same time, she started a campaign not to give in to my demands.

Josh was sat in his car seat in the back and I was just about to get in the passenger side when mom indicated I was to get in the back with him. The inference was obvious... I was just a little kid.

There was so much buzzing around in my head I wanted to give voice to - the anger about how this place was and how that prim and proper woman in the front seat had said it was OK for me to be beaten by the enforcers at this school. I was fuming with hardly disguised disgust and vitriol. However, she said nothing just indicated where I should sit and waited for me to do as I was told. It took a moment as we looked at each other, my eyes full of hate, hers of supreme indifference knowing she was totally in charge of the situation.

“Come on Jamie, jump to it, unless you want more people to see your lovely new outfit... and see just what a little monkey you are.” The last bit was delivered with such condescension but I knew that, as we were still on school property, she could call on the services of the Prefect if I didn’t get in the back seat with Josh.

I did.

“There’s a good boy doing what mommy says... you’re learning... and not before time.”

I slammed the door shut but it was hardly the great comeback I wanted.

#

On the way home I was seething with anger and indignation but of course Josh wanted to keep the monkey game going. I didn’t want to play; I thought mom’s response to my situation was at best indifferent but for the moment I’d have to seethe internally.

The way from school to home was normally through town, past shops and the park but this time she drove to the top of the hill where we looked out across the town and bay and out to sea. In the distance were a few boats coming and going with a couple out on the horizon. The sun was shining brightly and despite myself I had to let my attitude drop as it was quite a beautiful scene.

When we first arrived here in TYME and mom and dad were showing us around getting excited about the prospects of living in this ‘paradise’ I couldn’t, and didn’t, share their enthusiasm. Despite the fact that they tried to encourage and cajole me into surrender and accept what had happened I still maintained, in my head at least, that if I fought hard enough they would have to let me return to my friends. Those days, before school was intended to start, were terrible because of me. I’d be planning and plotting my escape though really had no idea how I’d achieve any of it. Still it didn’t stop me making everyone else’s life as wretched as my own.

However, this vantage point was my parent’s favourite spot. We’d all been up here on a few occasions and it’s where mom and dad would hold hands and look out and sigh a happy contented sigh. Dad would pick Josh up point things out to him and he’d excitedly repeat their names as dad said them. Meanwhile, they’d turn to me and I’d be looking miserable and they’d sigh again but not in the same way and we’d return home. It was at these times when I thought I’d scored a little victory.

Mom was talking to Josh about the boats and promised him that soon, if the weather was fine, that we’d all go out on a pleasure boat trip. He got all excited and grabbed my hand whilst jumping up and down. Despite myself, his enthusiasm was catching and I excitedly jumped up and down with him. Mom looked surprised that at least something had changed in my demeanour. Unexpectedly, even away from school; I was interacting with my little brother. I suddenly caught myself and quickly calmed down not realising that my day of play with all those toddlers had had an effect.

This was stupid. I wanted mom to know how angry I was but daren’t let it all out in case of reprisals and the dreaded move to E10 – I had no idea what that entailed but didn’t want to chance it. Mom seemed content that I was now wearing little more than a diaper and plastic pants and, as I’d been doing so for the best part of the day, I’d somehow got used to it. Well, not used to it but, well you know what I mean...?

Wearing a diaper because I’d pissed or shit myself at various points in the day had been a hit to my confidence. To get me to this compliant stage various little (and not so little) events had been sneakily deployed to sap that self-confidence. I simply hadn’t predicted this was how my actions would end up and now, well, I had no choice. I had somehow steered myself into my current outfit. The fact that I was already wetting my night time diaper had made it so much easier for them to arrange things and get me to comply “... let’s get you all cleaned up and into something dry shall we?”.

All very sneaky.

#

No one at school mentioned it, of course some looked and from some kids there were smiles but oddly, for a school its size, not one jeer or delivered ‘clever’ put down. I didn’t know if it was because everyone knew what had happened and were in complete agreement with what had gone on, or, they were just too polite to comment. To me everything about TYME was weird but the general consensus about the place was of joy and happiness... with everyone apart from me very content with what the town offered.

As we drove home I began to remember thinking how weird that was. I mean there wasn’t a piece of rubbish on the streets, huge areas of white walls were left unblemished (or artistically reinterpreted) by graffiti. Nothing was out of place or rundown and most people seemed to be enjoying their jobs and where they lived. The shops were full and bustling with people, I didn’t see one little bit of dissension anywhere, which I found weird. Where was the teenage rebellion, the loners, the... the... the... well they were either nowhere to be seen (E10?) or simply didn’t exist. 

However bizarre I thought that was, I suddenly realised that the warming at the front of my diaper meant, without warning, I was wetting myself again. This shifted what anger I had towards mom, to trying to keep it a secret so I went very quiet and guilt ridden except for the occasional encouraging word to Josh.

As we got out of the car at home mom asked Josh if he was wet. He nodded and she simply looked at me and said without asking. “OK boys, let’s get you both changed and then I’ll start making us a nice meal for when daddy comes home.”

“Yea,” Josh beamed and ran through the open front door and straight up to his room.

“I think you’d better join him.” Mom’s look was another one of those ‘don’t test me’ challenges so I wandered up after him.

#

When I got to Josh’s bedroom he was already pulling off his shorts and at the same time reaching for one of his cartoon pull-ups.

“I can do it mommy...” he said as he tried to take his full diaper off but was having trouble with the fasteners.

“I’m sure you can sweetheart but let me help with those tricky things first and then...”

“But mommy I’m a big boy I can...” but he was still struggling with it so in the end let her pull it apart for him. Once that was free he tried to step into the pull-up but mom told him to wipe himself first. It was a very cursory dab down so she grabbed the cloth and wiped him down better. He didn’t say anything as she then dried him off with a towel before a sprinkling of powder.

“OK, I’ll leave the rest to you while I get your older brother’s diaper ready.” She said older in such a way there was no doubt about her dismay at the level to which the eldest had sunk. “But he needs...”

“Mom I don’t need anything... and why am I still dressed like this?” There was more bravado in my voice than intensity because I really had no idea in which direction any argument from me would go.

“OK love,” she was watching Josh as he completed putting on his own pull-up and shorts, “what a clever boy you can go down and watch TV now.”

Once he’d gone she turned to me

I was about to find out just the direction of thoughts and deeds... and I didn’t like it.

#

“So,” she said with what I took as quite a long-suffering look, “you think you’re old enough to sort out your own diaper do you?”

I should have known this wasn’t a good move on my part but I’d started and the rebel in me wanted to be heard.

“I don’t need a fucking diaper,” which was really stupid thing to say as I was standing in front of her in a sagging wet diaper held in place by a rather juvenile pair of vinyl pants.

I saw her eyes flare with anger at the swear word and it made me swallow hard even though I had nothing to swallow. Then her eyes flicked to the silky bulge that my freshly engorged diaper now presented to her but still I needed to try and speak...

“I shouldn’t be put in this situation and, AAAAND, it shouldn’t be allowed that one of these ‘so called Prefects’ can beat me up whenever they want.”

She looked into my eyes and I could see her debating whether to say something or let me continue. There was an awful lot going on in her features and it troubled me enough to stop talking right away.

Her stare made me wonder if she was about to take a swing but instead she used her calm but creepy voice to berate me.

“Right, first things first – you wear a diaper because you need one.” I was about to complain but she beat me to it. “You’ve been changed several times today already and just look at you now... an eleven year old and still pissing your pants.”

I’d not heard her use such a swear word before, she was always careful about any bad language around Josh. However, her synopsis of my day was not inaccurate and I was only glad she didn’t...

“And, since you arrived at school this morning I’ve had reports back, which aren’t very encouraging, on any level. You have been disrespectful, foul mouthed and generally been a pain to everyone who has tried to help you.”

I wanted to say all kind of things in denial but... she obviously knew everything that happened.

“That is... until you were sent to E4... and it appears there you eventually found your level.”

“Yes and that’s where I was severely beaten by that fucking lunatic who, on your say so...” but I only thought that I didn’t say it because I knew where this conversation was leading.

All the way through this time in Josh’s bedroom she’d been holding the bag given to her by Miss Sylvia, or Tracy, well someone in E4 and she was emptying it onto the bed.

I saw that it was a school yellow, blue and white t-shirt and thought it was part of my school uniform but mom said.

“This is now going to be your new school uniform. Your teachers, the carers, the entire school authority and your father and I all agree that you need more time in E4. It’s the place where those who, for one reason or another, don’t quite understand...” she shrugged as if resigned to this awful truth, “are encouraged in other ways to play and have fun whilst they learn the basics.”

She held up the t-shirt but it was obvious from the two flaps and row of little metal studs that it was a onesie not unlike the one I’d been wearing earlier in the day.

“I’m not going to school ever again so that,” I said pointing at the offending piece of fabric, “can go back to where it came from.”

“The thing is Jamie...”

“James.” I insisted.

“The thing is Jamie that you no longer have a say in, well, anything. Your attitude will not be tolerated either here at home or in school. And, just so you know it, and to your father’s and my total embarrassment, the Prefect you speak of will be on duty to discipline you for any transgression of the new rules by which you will, for the foreseeable future, live by.”

That took the wind out of my belligerent sails because I was horror-struck by what that meant.

“You probably don’t know it but you’re the only person in the history of TYME that has needed spanking...” She thought that would shame me and I suppose in some ways it had but this had already been explained to me so I just shrugged, which I saw infuriated her more than a little. “You don’t know what shame is do you?”

She then went on, as she changed my wet diaper and replaced it with an ultra-thick new one, just what those rules were. They were intense, non-negotiable and stripped me of any illusion I might have had of being a ‘rebel’.

I was not going back to our home town because that was now TYME...

I wasn’t allowed to call my friends there because those conversations only made me want to return...

I was to stop whining and start appreciating what opportunities this place offered but, most of all, I had to accept that because of my constant childish self-centred attitude (and constant messing my diaper), I would be regarded as just that... a little toddler who needed guidance... so the thick, thick diaper and onesie was that starting point.

“Your Big Boy, Big Attitude days are over because we will just not put up with it any longer... so... you can get on-board or stay in E4... or maybe E10... for the rest of the time here.

Through this barrage of criticism I tried to hide my tears but I wailed at the hopelessness of my situation. If I didn’t do as I was told then my behind was in for regular thrashings and it was made perfectly clear that I’d only get out of E4 when they detected a sincere change in my attitude. If I didn’t... there was always E10 to consider.

I DIDN’T WANT TO THINK WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN THERE.

# tbc #

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Excellent chapter. I think they should take him to see what happens at E10 then he might just prefer E4.

But really i am curious about E10 lol.

Thanks.

Maly.

• Like 1

Well that made it pretty clear that he failed to accept the easy way out. Thinking he was going to bully mom into accepting his way was just a huge mistake.  At this point he would be well advised to simple go to his room and hope the world forgets he is alive. 
awesome new chapter. I can’t wait for more. 

• Like 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to TYME is on your side 1-6

Part 6

It had been a terrible day and as I lay in bed I just couldn’t get to sleep because my mind was turning over every aspect of it. Mom, the school and even I had quite a lot to say and I needed to digest all of it.

As I was mulling things over I felt my diaper warming and wondered why, when wide awake, I’d just peed myself. This was fast becoming even more of a problem I couldn’t fathom but knew I hated the fact I was in soaked padding.

I looked at the clock and it was 22:05 and thought I’d try and do something I hadn’t yet tried and that was get to the bathroom and change myself. I got there as quietly as I could, stripped down and chucked the soaked material in the bin and was just about to clean up when dad came in.

“Ah, Jamie, thought I heard movement...”

I guiltily looked at him but wasn’t sure of my next move so grabbed a towel and tried to hide my privates.

“Another wet diaper?” He queried but seeing the evidence hanging precariously on the edge of the bin there was no point in denying it.

I nodded.

“Your mom thinks you’re doing it on purpose... are you?”

“NO,” I said with more force than I expected.

Dad just put up his palm as if to say he understood so need not get upset about the suggestion.

“Look son,” his voice was calm and measured, “your mother’s hard on you because you haven’t given this place a chance.”

I looked down at my feet and wriggled my toes because it was true I hadn’t because I didn’t want to.

He lifted my chin to look directly into his eyes.

“I, no, we both understand it’s been quite a wrench for you... and we understand your resentment,” he tipped his head to one side... it was an odd way of showing he was being both a friend and a dad, “to an extent.” He then frowned but continued.

“However, you are eleven years old and as such we, your parents, make all the decision on your behalf.” He paused a moment, “We know the trauma of leaving a place you’ve known all your life can be a scary experience and that was one of the reasons we were so pleased to move here. The crime rate is low, the education system is high, the job prospects for both mom and me were completely out of our reach back home... this was to be our new start. A place where we’d be able to bring up you and Josh and give you the benefits you wouldn’t have had had we stayed where we were.”

He saw that I was shaking because I was on the verge of tears again.

“Jamie,” he pulled me in for a hug and my towel fell away, he patted my bare bum as he tried to comfort my distress. I wriggled thinking about the way I’d been spanked and he must have caught that movement. “Oh yes, the spanking.”

Now my tears did fall as I wondered, with my bare bum being available if I was about to receive the same thing again.

“That did not go as planned,” he confessed. “We forgot that we had already given permission for that to happen but hoped that the threat alone would keep you in check. Alas, you pushed too many wrong buttons and the Prefect responded to that consent.” He looked up at me with sorrowful eyes. “Sorry, but that wasn’t supposed to actually happen... and it’s to your mom and my shame that it did. It won’t happen again.”

He grabbed a fresh diaper from off the shelf and fluffed it out (they were very soft even if they were in company colours), fed it between my legs and fastened me tightly in then guided me back to bed.

This was a little strange because he didn’t make me wear any plastic pants and I was just too astonished about what he’d said to comment but, like everyone does after every change, he patted my bottom in a very caring way.

“Jamie, you have to know that we love you and everything we’ve done is for the benefit of us all.  There was nothing left for us back at the old place, the work was about to dry up and your mates and you were heading in the wrong direction. TYME offered us a new start and if we hadn’t grabbed it we would’ve been doing you and Josh a great dis-service.”

He tucked me in and kissed my forehead... it was nice. The fact that I’d been battling with dad had taken its toll because I really missed things as they used to be between us. Even the soft fluffy diaper felt weirdly nice. I was totally relaxed... oh hell I was enjoying this attention.

“Jamie, your school is in charge of what happens there and for the moment I think they are giving you a lesson in accountability; act a certain way, and you’ll be treated in that way. It’s up to you how you change that judgement.”

I think I understood what he was saying and felt a lot better, despite what he’d said about the spanking, that I’d be in E4 until they saw improvement in my attitude. They all knew I wasn’t a little kid but, if I was going to act like one, then they thought it only fair on me, to treat me as one. Well, at least that’s what I got from our conversation. The spanking – well no toddler would have been put through that but I’d chipped away at the bounds just a little too much.

However, the other thing I got was that there would be no more spanking, although I did wonder if that could be repealed at any time, it was good to know. At that moment I wriggled happily in the delicate comfort of my diaper.

#

The chat with dad was nice. I mean, for the first time since we arrived here it was like being back home. Dad rarely raised his voice and the stroking of my hair and tucking me in was really... well... I hate to say it but as it used to be. It was like being back in our old apartment and I liked that... could it be the same here?

I still wasn’t sure about mom but at least slept pretty well for the rest of the night and surprise-surprise, woke up dry. Mom came in carrying a few items just as I’d planted my feet on the floor.  I looked up at her and noticed that the hard features I’d been subjected to last night had softened somewhat.

“Morning love,” yes definitely softened, “how did you sleep, OK, hmmm?”

“Fine thanks... and I’m dry.” I said rubbing the front of my still soft diaper. Now this was something a little strange because, the mornings I’ve woken up wet the plastic pants held the fabric but it was still pretty icky. Now, it suddenly occurred to me that since I’d been put into one by mom, I may well have resented it but I’d never really kicked up a rumpus about having to wear it. Weird or what?

“Well that’s wonderful love, why not get washed and I’ll be in to get you ready for school.”

I resigned myself to still having to wear an E4 diaper but also added something that dad and I talked about last night.

“I don’t wet on purpose... I don’t know why it’s happening but it is getting worse... but honestly mom, I’m not doing it on purpose.” I thought I’d better make sure mom knew I wasn’t doing it intentionally by making sure she knew of that fact. I wondered if I should repeat myself again.

“OK, OK,” she held up her hands as if in surrender. “I believe you and I have to say Mimi was worried and wanted me to take you to the doctors for a check-up. We’ll be going after school today.”

“What do you mean Mimi was worried?” I didn’t understand.

“Well, we feed all our daily data into Mimi’s computer banks and it’s collated, put through various personal algorithms and, well, erm, and it came back, and has done a couple of times now, that this can’t be right for an otherwise healthy eleven year old boy.”

I looked at her wondering what else she’d fed into the computer but mom was looking guilty.

“Yes, well, I kept telling Mimi that I was sure it was down to the trauma of leaving, hormones... or... you were doing it on purpose to make a point.” She confessed.

What!

“I kept saying you’d be over it soon when you saw that peeing the bed made no difference to us leaving here. Nonetheless, Mimi thought, despite my insisting on the latter being the case, I should take you to a doctor.” She shrugged guiltily.

MOM!”

She looked a little flustered.

“You can’t tell me I got all that wrong. You have been acting up in the hope we might change our minds and as we got more and more entrenched, I thought you were doing the same by... turning up the waterworks and using your padding.”

MOM!”

“Sorry love, but that’s the way it seemed to me but, after your chat with dad last night we’ve talked about it and our conclusion is... to see if Mimi is correct and I should give you the benefit of the doubt.” She took a deep breath. “Look, you’ve been a little sod, erm, so excuse me if I got it wrong.” She fluffed out a fresh TYME compliant yellow diaper, checked the new pale yellow cartoon plastic pants and unfolded the school yellow onesie. “However, you still have school first so... off you go, get cleaned up and then I’ll get you ready for nursery.”

I pointed at the onesie. “Mom, can’t we change that?”

“Not today but a lot will depend on what the doctor says... but for now...” and she waggled the fresh diaper in the air, “Mimi has decided E4 is the place for you.”

#

Mom and dad, the deputies, the teachers, Miss Sylvia and now Mimi (an inanimate blue box) have all made it perfectly clear that it is my inflexibility, rudeness and foul mouth that has led me to be sentenced to E4... the nursery. Personally, I didn’t understand how being angry and foul-mouthed is regarded as being childish, to me  it is the complete opposite but I suppose the wet diaper might have some baring on that decision. However, TYME, or Mimi or whatever algorithm is in charge means my school uniform is whatever the kids in E4 are wearing because that’s where I’ll be spending my days for now.

As I stood under the shower I recapped on what mom and dad had said. Everything is fed into Mimi so if I wanted things to change, I’d have to make sure what was fed into it/her/it (or whatever) next had to be something in my favour. After the success with being a monkey and entertaining not only Josh with my fun antics, would I be able to use that to my advantage? Perhaps I’d been going at this all wrong, and although it was against my better judgement, maybe I should be the sweetest ‘toddler’ in E4?

I could try it at least. However there were other things going on in my head like – where were all the others like me who had a problem with this kind of authority? I was the only boy my age in E4, surely they must be others? Despite the shower’s warmth a sudden cold shiver ran up my spine and I had a very definite image in my head of an operating room where row after row of young people were undergoing surgery and getting implants in their brain to ‘change their ways’.

This sudden vision shocked me so much that I let loose a stream of pee. Thankfully I was in the right place for it not to matter but I was quite jolted by such a thought. Surely E10 wouldn’t be that blatant?

So, when I returned to the bedroom and mom was there waiting to get me sorted with all the oils, powder and a thick fleecy diaper, I didn’t create I simply said “Thanks Mom” and let her get on with organising my uniform for the day. E4 was a better option than E10 that was for sure. With diapers - mine, Josh’s and everyone else who still wore one – being washed and replaced by TYME Diaper Services I had to admit they did a great job in making sure they were ultra-soft to wear. Maybe that’s why I hadn’t argued too much about having to wear one because, apart from the bulk, they felt OK.

I might have looked stupid for an eleven year old still in diapers but I had a plan so everyone else could SUCK IT.

The only thing that pulled me up was the sight of my little brother Josh in his blue school shorts. How I wished I had a pair to cover the obvious bulge that the onesie did a poor job of concealing.

“Mom, could I not wear shorts until we get to school?”

She looked at me as if to say... ‘Now you’re asking to wear shorts?’ but instead said that the supervisor on the bus would be scanning my badge and what I wore and where I should be was already in the system, so, sorry but no change. 

That was the next thing to pull me up. It never occurred to me that I’d have to travel on the school bus dressed as I was. This was all too much but I had to stay strong to make sure my plan worked.

“OK, never mind.” I can’t believe those ‘understanding’ words came out of my mouth, and to be honest, ‘the plan’ hadn’t exactly jumped into my head yet.

#

I was beginning to think that TYME had its own climate because since we’d been here there hadn’t been one grotty day. As Josh and I clambered aboard the bus a new, different younger bus Deputy/Prefect (or whatever their title was) scanned us both and we made our way to a couple of empty seats. I was expecting a roar of offensive comments from the rest of the passengers about what I was wearing but the bus seemed to respect I was dressed this way for a reason and no one said a thing or even sniggered at my appearance. Some looked and smiled but it wasn’t a mocking smile just one of acknowledgement. They were all deep in their own conversations and interests and I appeared not to be one of them. I couldn’t believe it, at my old school the ridicule would have lasted a lifetime. Mmmm!

Although, we sat and chatted together, Joshy had a friend on the bus he kept turning round to talk to. The little lad asked if I liked to wear a onesie but said it in such a way that despite my initial worry about this whole ‘kids uniform thing’ I didn’t get mad because he said he wished he could wear one to school. He was dressed just like Josh so that meant blue shorts over his diaper, if in fact he was wearing one, which I suspected he was.

Another thought struck me – was the reason no one said anything down to manners or just that I was so well-known to the townsfolk that they all knew my history and why exactly I was wearing this juvenile outfit? Those little tags on our shirts certainly contained all our info so it wasn’t a silly notion. However, by the time the bus arrived at the Academy I was able to shrug off my suspicions because there was absolutely nothing I could do whatever the reason.

Once we’d all disembarked and I’d been shuffled over to my E4 line I was greeted by Miss Tracy who together with all the other ‘teachers’ welcomed our noisy little group with big hugs and huge smiles.

“We’re really happy to see our little monkey again today,” she beamed as once again my badge was scanned, “we’ve got some lovely games for our wonderful E4ers to enjoy... yeahhhh.”

I joined in “Yeahhhhhhhhh” I could play along.

She patted my padded bum and I’m sure it was to check whether I needed a change yet but thankfully the bus journey had turned out to be totally un-traumatic, so I was OK.

#

The day passed off just like the bus journey, un-traumatically. I was the life and soul of our little group and kept everyone entertained even receiving a gold star, which Miss Tracy stuck on to the front of my onesie. I didn’t make a fuss when I was led to the changing area and my diaper was changed because once again, I’d wet it without realising. Still it was all praise from the girl (I think it was Miss Helen) as she wiped me down and affixed a different, yet thicker blue and yellow diaper in place before slipping up a fresh pair of plastic pants and refastening the onesie.

I know I should have been mortified being changed by a girl not that much older than me but realised that's what they wanted me to feel. If I wanted to get out of E4 then had to play the game. So, I thanked her and rushed off to join the others. Strangely, because I was playing a part I could actually enjoy myself. I’d had plenty of practice playing silly games with a little brother so was able to adapt to my fellow E4ers and the time simply flew by. It was a bit of a surprise how quickly time past and parents came to pick up their little ones but this time I didn’t care or try to hide myself away. I carried on ‘chatting’ with my new found ‘playmates’ even when their mom or dad was around. I got plenty of hugs and bye-bye waves from the kids as they left and a huge cuddle from Josh when he came to join me.

Mom arrived shortly after, and once she’d received a report from Miss Sylvia smiled her encouragement for us both to accompany her... I’d forgotten we had to visit the doctor.

“A gold star eh?” Mom looked proudly at my badge.

“Oh yer, I organised a little game everyone enjoyed.” I reached to pull it off my onesie.

“Oh Jamie, don’t just pull it off, it’s a good thing to wear with pride... I bet your brother’s impressed?” She looked at Josh who was tracing his finger across its golden points. “Yes, a very good sign.” Mom mumbled under her breath as we began to meander from the building.

I felt good but wasn’t sure if it was because I was proud or that I was fooling everyone.

“OK sweethearts,” she hugged both of us, “a trip to the doctors for a quick check-up and then we’re meeting dad down on the beach for a bit of a treat.”

#

The doctor’s office was nothing like our old one, there it was all cramped and you had to wait ages but this, your name was on the board as you arrived, as was the doctor and room you’d be seen in, so no long queues or groups of sick people sitting around coughing.

My doctor was Dr Sandra Sulliman and we had precisely two minutes to wait. Meanwhile, a brief scan of the place showed it was clean, efficient and well run. Even the nurses looked professional in their pale blue scrubs and smiling faces. It was a very welcoming place and whereas Josh had been scared of going to see our old doctor, here he seemed at ease, especially when one of the nurses asked if he wanted to play with some toys in the kid’s room. She looked at me and smiled, “You can go too if you like... I think that gold star gives you a VIP pass.”

I wasn’t sure if that was a compliment or a subtle put down but at that moment Dr Sulliman’s door opened and we were greeted with an encouraging smile and invited in. Josh had disappeared off with the nurse to the play area so I guess it was just me having the check-up.

She introduced herself as Doctor Susan and obviously knew all about me but after the initial ‘Hello’s’ spoke to me and not mom about my problem. This wasn’t what I expected, I thought, because of the way I was dressed that she’d treat me as a little kid but it wasn’t the case. Even mom seemed taken aback by the way the conversation was going but she took her cue from the doctor and let me speak.

“Well James, it seems that since you’ve arrived here at TYME you’ve been having trouble with your waterworks... is that how you see it?”

“Erm, um, eeerrrrrmmm,” This was not my finest hour.

Mom piped up that was the case but the doctor asked if she’d let James speak... she used my name and not Jamie, which I was quite impressed by. Mom raised her hands as if she was only trying to help and the doctor thanked her but she was conducting this examination and it would be done her way. I sort of liked my new doctor.

#

Throughout our conversation she never once talked down to me. She even apologised for asking me to strip down to my diaper so she could examine my body but said that she’d be as quick as possible to avoid too much embarrassment. She was as good as her word.

The exam was mainly done by moving pads around my body which she said were taking readings as they scanned for any ‘peculiarities’, all of which were then being fed into the main frame diagnostic computer and we’d have the read outs almost immediately. I wasn’t asked to give a urine sample as somehow she already had that information stacked in my file. I wondered if they used my discarded wet diapers to check, which strangely made sense.

“And finally James, we need to take a small sample of your blood... so, if you could follow Nurse Jelly, she’ll draw that whilst I have a quick word with your mom and then we should be done.”

I stood up to follow the nurse and suddenly felt myself filling my diaper. “Oh mom...” I cried in frustration and embarrassment.

Doctor Susan tried to placate my total humiliation. “Don’t worry James that can often happen when visiting a doctor... for some it can be a very nerve wracking experience. The nurse will see to that as well and I’ll speak to you in a little while OK... nothing to worry about.”

With legs apart I waddled after the nurse to another room where she sat me down, suggested she took the blood first and then change my diaper. I was far too embarrassed to argue and just let her do her job. She was sweet and encouraging and didn’t once say that it was ridiculous an eleven year old boy should still be in diapers and using them. I was grateful for the care she took in drawing blood because I hardly noticed. After the sweet way she cleaned me up, powdered me down and fitted a fresh clean (though quite thick) diaper, fresh pair of plastic pants and helped me back into my onesie, I was more grateful than embarrassed... and the dry fresh diaper felt great hugging my not so very private privates.

Thankfully, I didn’t receive a second gold star as that would have been just too much.

#

Despite the fact that I was back wearing a diaper this was the first time I felt I’d been treated fairly. There was no talking down or ordering me to do something, I was simply asked and I did it voluntarily. I was led back to the doctor’s office where they were looking at some results on screen.

“Ah there you are James, all done?” She looked me up and down and smiled that encouraging smile again. “Now then,” she called me over to see the screen better, “these are the results of today’s examination as well as your health and civic reports since you arrived in town.”

Civic?” I queried.

“Yes James, firstly, you’re very healthy and I can see no cause for alarm.” She paused for that to sink in and then continued, “Here in TYME we continually check on our entire population’s health. By using the finest medical, psychological and social data we can build a proper insight into each and every person who lives here. We see how each of us is different but that in some ways we’re all the same and by being able to assess such a diverse range of personalities, can make better decision for everyone.”

She was saying it as if I should be impressed. I could see mom was and had that look of someone who approved of it all. I didn’t I thought it was invasive.

“So you know everything?” I felt an argument coming on which I just knew mom wouldn’t want to hear. She was about to admonish me for daring to say such a thing but the doctor intervened before she could.

“I see what you’re getting at James. You think this is too intrusive and is invading your privacy and possibly your personality and trying to make you something you’re not?”

She got it in one. I nodded, much to mom’s annoyance.

#

“Well James, I see your point, and I’m sure there have been many people here who have wondered about the same thing.” I could see she was thinking and then that smile again, “However, it’s not normally eleven year olds that have such thoughts.”

Was she having a go or actually surprised at my reasoning?

“Are they sent to E10?” I ventured and still seeing in my minds-eye that huge and busy surgery.

She looked at me and then across at mom. “Mmmm, I’ll let you into a little secret.” She lent closer into me. “There’s no such place as E10.”

WHAT?”

“No, it’s just a ruse to hopefully get people to comply.”

“Comply, that sounds...”

“Yes, it does sound a bit authoritarian doesn’t it? Let me explain it this way. TYME was, and is, set up as an experimental town. The motto - TYME is on your side – isn’t meant as just a cute phrase (I’d heard this before) it really does try to make things better for everyone... and the reason there is no E10 is because everyone is of the same opinion – and that is, TYME is right for them.”

No E10, what? Are they trying to backtrack? Is this place just playing mind games?

I saw mom shuffle nervously in her seat. “I’ve tried to explain this to him doctor but he just isn’t interested.”

She looked at mom, “No he doesn’t want to fit in because he feels he’s been betrayed by you and your husband.”

I wasn’t expecting this attack on mom but she’d hit the nail on the head.

Mom also wasn’t expecting this either. “We wanted what’s best for the family...” she was almost in tears and I knew it was because my attitude continued to pain her.

Doctor Susan reached out and touched mom’s arm, “And you found the ideal place but we still have one very unhappy guy here. James still sees this move as cruel and undeserved. Is that correct James?”

I was overawed by the way this doctor’s appointment was going. Not only that but I was impressed that she was taking time out to see things my way.

Meanwhile, mom added her bit to the conversation. “But he’s eleven; we have to make choices for all the family’s benefit not just his.”

“Indeed you do AND that brings me back to you James.” She looked me in the eye and asked outright if I enjoyed wetting my diapers.

“No, no, NOOO.” I couldn’t emphasise this enough. However, at the same time my palm automatically stroked the bulge in the front of my onesie and it felt more of a comfort than an intrusion.

#

She pointed to a red graph on the monitor we’d been looking at.

“This tells me that you have a psychosomatic block...”

“You mean I’m stupid?”

“No one thinks you’re stupid and although you’re wearing the E4 nursery outfit it’s not because anyone thinks that’s the case. That is to make a visual point about the way you behave... that you’re being treated no differently than any toddler because you act like one.”

Ouch! I wanted to point out I wasn’t a toddler but it seemed a stupid thing to say. She said there was no E10 but I could still see the place in my head and that was pretty scary.

“No, it’s an emotional block,” she continued, “one that only you can deal with. We are here if you need help but all we can do is point out the benefits of the town and hope you can see them for yourself.”

“I’ve told him all this.” Mom was trying to make sure that she hadn’t been kidding me or missing out on my ‘TYME education’. “He just doesn’t want to be part of all this...as wonderful as it is.”

The doctor looked at me. “It’s difficult, but you need to know something. You are very unlikely to get over wetting your diapers unless you can get over not wanting to be here.”

I shrugged because somehow I’d had that thought already. Again I found my hand unconsciously reaching down to stroke the padding for reassurance.

“Look James you started to wet yourself when you first arrived here. Your mom put you into diapers on a night to help you over this initial problem but instead of relieving you of the panic or frustration, you’ve been getting worse. So much so that not only do you wet at night but also during the day. You’ve driven yourself to this point and there’s a mental block that equates with you wetting and hating this place. You have to let that hate go.”

I felt guilty, annoyed and wanted to blame mom, dad, TYME for this undeniable truth but all I could do was glow red and feel stupid.

Doctor Susan continued.

“TYME is for you and your family’s good. Your parents have done a great job in seeing this opportunity and seizing it to make all your lives better. You need to start believing in what your parents have been trying to tell you and...”

“But I hate all of this...” I pulled at my onesie, “the uniforms, the badges that tell anyone and everyone about me and...”

“But TYME is built on that style of social inclusion. It keeps track on everyone but it’s for the good of everyone. Because of all the data Mimi collects it means that we can be ahead of the game should a virus be about to sweep into town. We can plan for shortages and medical supplies. We can predict and prevent any problems before they happen and deal with them better if they do. TYME is...”

“I know – on my side?” I said glibly.

“Yes it is, but, you’re not convinced that you can still be... well, you.”

“And my friends aren’t here.”

“Mmmm,” the doctor noted, “we can do nothing about your friends but you have had loads of opportunities to make new ones.”

“But I don’t want to.”

“Well, that’s not strictly true is it?”

“What do you mean?” I wondered if I was being tricked.

“Well, I don’t want to bring too much attention to it but that,” she pointed to my gold star stuck on my onesie, “means more than you think.”

“In what way?”

“It means that’s just what you have done... you’ve made friends and what’s more appeared to enjoy doing so.”

“But that was just a bunch of toddlers.”

“It’s a start James. For perhaps the first time since you’ve been here, today, in E4, you really didn’t think of anything but having fun. In so doing... you made plenty of friends which means, even if you don’t think you like them, they like you.” She smiled a hopeful smile - she had a lot of them to give away. “I think James, if you give it a chance you might find that not only do you make friends easily but that you’ll be out of wearing a diaper pretty soon after as well.”

That jolted my thoughts of escape and screwed up my plan to hitch-hike out of this place because I had to think ‘where would I go’ and realised for the first time I didn’t have any options.

#

Doctor Susan accompanied mom and me to the play area to collect Joshy who was deep in a game with a couple of other toddlers. She spent a bit of time chatting to him and at the same time doing an inconspicuous examination as he played.

Eventually, we said our goodbyes and left the surgery. I had a lot to think about but both mom and Josh were in a very happy and talkative mood.

“Is it beach now mommy?”

“Yes sweetheart,” she checked her watch, “and daddy should already be there...”

“Mommy, can I paddle and build sand castles?”

“Of course, that’s what we’re going for and daddy will have set up lovely picnic... are you two hungry?”

Joshy excitedly squealed “Yeaahhh.” But I was deep in thought. According to the doctor, all this wetting was down to me and the only way to stop it was to accept my parent’s view of TYME.

The other thing was... I had enjoyed making friends and playing with the toddlers so now I had another worry. Could I only make friends with kids Josh’s age?

# tbc #

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I hope that was just the thing Jamie needed.  Note I still used Jamie instead of James because even after his successful day and the talk with Doctor Susan I still think he is going to fight being in TYME. This was a wonderful chapter and I am so looking forward to reading more of the story. 

• Like 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to TYME is on your side 1-7

Part 7

The drive to the beach wasn’t far but the car was alive with the screech of excitement from Josh. He asked if he could go in the sea, eat ice-cream, play in the sand and with each affirmation from mom he squealed his happiness again. Despite the fact that I was still wearing my E4 uniform and thick diaper, his enthusiasm began to rub off and I was equally excited at what would happen once we got there. After all, I’d just been playing with kids his age all day so it was easy to get caught up in his childish anticipation.

The beach was busy with happy noisy families, couples and groups relaxing and playing games but not too packed that there wasn’t space to enjoy the setting. Dad was easy to find because, out of the sea of white, yellow and blue sun umbrellas, ours was the only pink one. I had no idea where it came from but dad had also set out a huge pink beach blanket on the soft golden sand with an assortment of colourful cool-bags which promised a fantastic picnic.

When we got there mom kissed dad, who was wearing a dandy looking pair of red shorts with a pale pink and blue striped open-necked shirt, and whispered in his ear whilst looking in my direction. I guess she was giving him a quick synopsis of my doctor’s appointment. He smiled and called me over.

“I’m proud of you son,” and hugged me tightly, “but suspect you’d be a lot happier to be out of your school clothes, eh?”

I’d never seen dad dressed this way, looking happy and relaxed and a good deal younger than he looked at our old place. There, he always looked tired and drab but I suppose that was down to the awful work he had to do and the little time he had for us as he was working so hard. So, where had all the lines and furrowed brow gone?

Bizarrely, I’d all but forgotten about what I was wearing being caught up in just how many people were out enjoying the seashore. However, dad’s words suddenly made me think and became conscious of my thick diaper and onesie.

I nodded and from behind his back he waved my favourite orange swim shorts.

“Well why not put these on and then we can all feel a little more relaxed.”

My eyes grew at the sight and the thought of wearing shorts again and even happier that dad had decided to bring something for me to change into.

Mom was already stripping Josh out of his blue and white school uniform and had his favourite little nylon trunks with fish all over them ready to climb into. He’d already spotted some mates and was eager to be off and play with them. So, after a few quick words of caution he ran off to join them down by the water's edge. I wondered how I was going to do this. Did I just pull off all my clothes out in the open like Josh and step into my shorts or try and hide the fact I was wearing a diaper.

Dad had already decided.

“OK Jamie, just lie out and I’ll get you ready.”

“Dad, I can do it myself.” I tried to sound mature.

“I have no doubt son but, if you just lie out, no one will be able to see you and I’m sure we can get you out of those,” he pointed to my diaper, “and into these,” he held up my brightly coloured shorts, “without drawing attention to...”

“Dad, I think that’s unlikely. We’re the only ones with pink all around and these orange shorts are like a flag.” We both scanned our neighbours. Without doubt we were attracting some attention because of our colourful surroundings.

“Well, I suppose you’re right but it’s up to you...”

So I simply let dad help me off with the onesie, he pulled down the yellow plastic pants and helped undo the large (and still dry) yellow diaper, whilst I quickly skipped my naked butt into my large baggie shorts. I was incredibly pleased to not have padding but oddly, in not doing so, it felt peculiar. However, not wearing was a first for some time and made me feel oddly nervous of this sudden freedom. I was the only one sporting such a vivid colour and I was surprised to see so many people looking. In fact, I caught the eye of a group of kids around my age kicking a ball around and they called me over.

“Can I go dad?” All the other kids were in shorts. In fact I noticed that even away from the beach kids stuck to the school rule of ‘no long trousers until teenage years’, and even then a few older teens didn’t seem that bothered.

“There’s nothing to stop you doing whatever you want... if you can, just keep an eye on your brother and come back when you’re hungry. We have plenty of goodies and plan on being here until about eight so... off you go.”

The late afternoon sun still had plenty of heat in it and the clear blue sky showed no signs of that changing. The idea there was still hours of fun left of the day made me smile. In the past I’d been less than enthusiastic about showing any pleasure at being on the beach but now, I suppose because I’d got used to play in E4, I was just as keen as all the others to have fun.

I looked over at mom who was shooing me away and I saw her sit next to dad and slip on sunglasses.

“Have fun,” she shouted as I made my way apprehensively over to the group of lads who, all smiles, were waiting to see if I’d join them.

#

Most of the other guys wore white, blue, yellow or a combination of TYME’s colours as trunks or shorts so I suppose I created a splash of the unusual to the proceedings. More than one asked where I got them from and I just mentioned I’d brought them with me when we moved here.

There was a quick round of introductions and “Hi’s” and I recognised one or two and supposed it must have been from school but, as I’d never really taken much notice of anyone it was like meeting people for the first time.

One or two shook their heads as they pointed to the pinkness that surrounded mom and dad. “Your family must be rebels” and cheekily grinned as we launched into our game.

This wasn’t quite what I expected as once again no one mentioned the fact that they had just seen me step out of a onesie and diaper. Perhaps it wasn’t so strange an event as I thought or maybe there were a lot of us about and I just didn’t know it? However, I couldn’t help but check all the other boy’s shorts to see if there were any hidden bulges but it appeared I would have been alone.

However, before long I was engrossed in a game of five-a-side footie and didn’t realise just how much I’d missed such communal games. At my old place this type of thing, or shoot some hoops, were a daily occurrence and I’d missed it but avoided such diversions once we arrived here. However, now I was playing and having a really good kick about, like in the E4 classroom; I forgot to think and simply enjoyed the game.

Occasionally, I’d look over to mom and dad and they’d be chatting to some people who I suspect were work colleagues but, as I’d avoided as much contact as possible with their friends, I might be wrong. However, the pink umbrella was certainly attracting attention and both my parents seemed happy with whatever comments were being made. It’s weird  that I’d never thought of my parents as ‘rebels’ yet here they were, flaunting convention, and apparently enjoying it. There seemed to be a lot of laughter and jokiness going on, which for the first time in ages made me proud of my parents.

After about twenty minutes of charging around I noticed that Josh and a couple of his mates had returned to the blanket and were tucking into some food so, realising I was quite hungry, excused myself and headed in that direction. The teams seemed to take this opportunity to do the same and return to their families.

When I got there mom said that if I wanted to invite any of my friends over that was OK as we had hampers full of stuff. I thought it might be too soon but mom waved a couple over who were there together but looked on ravenously. So then, before I knew it, there was quite a bunch of us tucking into chicken wings, subs and pastries. There were loads of cartons of juice and cans of cola and how dad had kept them all so chilled I do not know but, after such a sweaty run about in the late afternoon sun, I think we all appreciated his efforts.

It was strange how mom and dad appeared to know the kid’s names and who their parents were. I was the only one who had no idea that the two lads who’d come to join us lived just down the road from us. Even Josh seemed to know who they were and they knew him; they were all chatting away like old friends, whilst I was occasionally drawn into conversation about people I had no idea about. There was a lot of laughter, from them, and the food went down very well with... I suppose... my new friends?

#

Eventually, and quite unintentionally, I seemed to get absorbed into the group and we were talking about the music we liked. Dad was having a go at current trends, whilst I and my new friends, Ken and Terry, had to defend just how great our choices were. Dad had to admit that he hated sounding like grandad because he’d hated the music dad liked. We derided him for being an old fogey... he’s thirty-four.

Meanwhile, Joshy and his mates had grabbed mom and were making sandcastles.

“Old Fogey am I?” Dad suddenly got up off the blanket, “OK race you to the sea and last one in is the old...”

It wasn’t fair because he was on his way before we all knew what the challenge was but even Josh and his mates were up and following dad in a race to the sea. He won of course, but we all plunged in and were refreshed by the warm waves as they lapped around us.

Josh and his friends were nervous about coming in too deep because they couldn’t swim so dad began to teach the youngsters and we all got involved in that. Hence, from nowhere he’d got us all to cooperate, involving us teens in the needs of toddlers. It was only later when we got home that I realised what a great picnic and evening out it had been. I also realised that I hadn’t laughed as much since I’d arrived here.

When it was bed time, and after I’d watched a very tired Joshy being put into his night time diaper, dad indicated for me to follow him upstairs. I was still wearing just my orange shorts and a t-shirt. He was going to get me ready for bed and as we entered my room the stuff was prepared so knew it was back to diapers for me. I’d enjoyed my freedom in my swimwear but they were taking no chances yet so my nightly protection stayed, for the time being at least.

Regardless of the fact that I still wanted to rebel and not enjoy living in TYME, today had proved the best day by far and dad promised if I let go of my hang ups, it would only get better. The fact that mom and dad had been seen as rebels by some because of the ‘pink’ interlude had also added to my general opinion, not of TYME but of them. Perhaps they weren’t quite such ‘selfish bastards’ as I thought. On top of that I’d received several invites from my new mates to join them in future outings... it was very tempting.

#

The reason I was having doubts was simply because I thought I was abandoning my friends back home, my old home, and I thought that was some kind of betrayal. Dad seemed to get that because as he finished pinning me in the thick yellow and blue fabric and slipping up the blue plastic pants, he said.

“We’re proud of you son. Today you’ve made a real effort and I think that’s not only a good thing for us as a family, it’s good for you to know that you can have friends wherever you are.”

“But dad, I don’t want to forget my mates back home.” I said quietly.

Dad looked down and sighed. “Son, nobody is asking you to but it’s called change. You’ve moved on and they will have as well. They know you’ve moved away and probably miss you but, they have each other and you need to find new friends because being alone is not good for anyone.” He stroked my brow and I wriggled under his loving touch. “Your mates back home, as they get older, might well decide to move to pastures new themselves. It’s what people do to try and find a better place for the next part of their lives. When that opportunity arrives you must grab it with both hands.”  

Dad was being serious but not laying down the law, a bit like Doctor Susan, and I appreciated his gentle and understanding manner.  

“We never once got to the seaside before we moved.” Dad was in a sombre mood. “We never had the chance for picnics simply because we were too busy holding down two crappy jobs each just to get by. Son, this is paradise compared with where we were and we want you to love it, and the opportunities on offer, as much as we have embraced...”

“But dad," I interrupted his flow, "why do they have to know everything... isn’t that a bit weird and frightening?”

“James,” he was using my grown-up name and not the usual Jamie, “If we thought it was too intrusive and not for our benefit we wouldn’t have come. I know we sound like converts to a cult but believe me when you get a little older you’ll be glad of a system that looks out for you... and be thankful of that degree of intrusion.”

He was patting my arm and I could feel just how sincere he was about what he’d just said.

“I’m not sure you understand yet son but they are trying things here that are new and exciting, especially to people of my generation. We’ve seen big government fail us, we’ve seen social inclusion fail us... in fact the only success has been the rich getting richer and the poor, well, nothing ever gets better for them. To us James, this is Utopia and we need to try it. If that means a little bit of intrusion... or social accountability... so be it.”

I was impressed with dad’s passion and although I’m sure he’d said all this before, or at least a version of it, I’d only just opened my ears to listen to what was being said.

“OK dad, thanks... but dad... there’s something else?”

He paused at the door and I could feel the comfort of my diaper dragging me towards sleep.

“Yes, what is it?”

“PINK... what were you thinking?”

He swaggered a little. “You’re not the only one who can buck the system.”

I fell asleep thinking of my parents as starting a revolution in TYME but come the morning and some things hadn’t changed...  I woke up soaking wet.

#

As I’d been wearing a diaper to bed now for quite some time, and I’d normally be standing at the window or lying waiting for one of my parents to come and change me, I was feeling a little grateful to the fact that my diaper, even wet, was very comfy. How the diaper cleaning company managed to get them not only perfectly clean but so soft, I’ll never know. However, after not having to wear one at the beach I had hoped I might not have to wear one to school.

The thing was that, well, OK, as much as I hated to admit it, I’d really enjoyed myself at the beach. Because of that one experience, where I let go of all my hang ups, I was coming round to mom and dad’s argument about this place and hoping that I wouldn’t have to return to E4. Alas, when mom came in, she was carrying a fresh diaper, white shiny pants and the obvious yellow and blue onesie.

“Mom, can’t I just go to my normal class?”

“Well love, as great as that sounds, you haven’t yet showed the school itself that you are ready to advance.” She paused to let that bit of bad news filter into my head, but didn’t make any comment on the simple fact I was sopping wet - so what did I expect? “Just remember that you were rude, you swore and have been generally unpleasant to everyone, so you were spanked. That means your civic file has you down as boy who has yet to grow up.”

“My civic file, what am I supposed to do to change that?” I was annoyed that I even had such a thing.

“This is the problem you have Jamie, you get upset or annoyed at everything when there is no need. We all have a civic file because this place has robust civic values. Flout them at your peril because they are there for the good of everyone and not just you.”

I grumbled to myself but for the first time I was torn. Had mom got a point - am I just reacting for the sake of it when there’s no need, or am I a campaigner for my rights?

“What can I do then to change this file?”

Mom helped me out of my soaked padding and ushered me towards the bathroom.

“I’m not sure... but think that might be something you’ll just have to work out for yourself. Loads of people have given you chances and you’ve just thrown them in their faces. Yesterday was the first time I think YOU actually made an effort... and look what happened.... you enjoyed it and made friends.”

I closed the bathroom door and stepped under the shower. She was right I was still buzzing from having friends to have fun with, the only time since I’d been here at TYME. Actually, that’s not quite true. I’d had fun all day playing with the rest of my little E4 buddies and although I was a good deal older than any of them, it didn’t seem to matter. There had been times when I’d completely forgotten about being dressed as a toddler and weirdly just let myself go and be part of a group of kids that had no hang ups. The thick diaper seemed more of a comfort than something to stop me leaving a trail of pee around the school and I wondered if it was the same for the rest of the E4ers?

How come Doctor Susan treated me differently? I mean I was wearing the ‘nursery’ outfit but I didn’t feel like a little kid with her and she hadn’t treated me as such either. And then, after last night’s chat with dad, things seemed different again... and I wanted more of it. So, it made sense to abandon my thoughts of freedom with a return to my old stomping ground and accept what is on offer here.

As I soaped my privates, determined to make sure any remnants of pee were flushed down the plughole, I began to think about ways to get back to my original class. Although in some ways I was enjoying playing the silly little kid with the rest in the nursery, it was time to take responsibility for getting into this situation in the first place.

#

As I arrived back at my bedroom still drying my hair I noticed everything laid out and ready for another day in E4. The diaper was mainly blue with yellow edging and blue diaper-grips to hold it in place. The plastic pants appeared a bit thicker than the usual vinyl ones and looked glossier with a blue waistband and yellow leg cuffs. I had to hand it to whoever was in charge of the purchasing department at TYME Diaper Services was doing a fantastic job.  Mom wasn’t there but I could hear her getting Josh ready in his room so wondered if she expected me to start by myself.

“Mom, mom, do you want me to get myself ready?” I called.

She appeared round the door with my little brother looking as smart and happy as usual in his little blue and yellow uniform.

“You don’t have to shout love I was just down the hall.”

“No, sorry.” Josh came over and looked at all my babyish stuff laid out and touched the plastic pants.

“Mommy, do I ‘ave some wike wese?” He looked up at her eagerly.

“Sweetheart, you have plenty of lovely plastic covers.”

“But wese are nice...”

“Well, perhaps the next delivery will bring some for you... we can always ask can’t we?”

“Yeaaaaa,” he squealed and ran off to get breakfast.

“Well there’s a fan of your latest uniform.” She smiled and indicated for me to lie out as she removed the towel I was clutching and reached for the anti-rash cream.

“You know, they had these specially made for you... you being a bit larger than the usual E4 intake.” Mom was admiring the pristine look and shiny newness of the pants. “Yes, these are very nice...  so soft and... well... I hope you appreciate them.”

Once I was all kitted out and the onesie had been fastened under my crotch I had to agree that, although this was all very juvenile, it did feel particularly comfy to wear.  And I had to agree with Josh, the plastic pants were tight and held me in such a way as to feel like I was in a permanent hug.

#

Once at the nursery I apologised to all the staff for my bad behaviour and who I’d been rude to. Despite never wanting to see him again I sought out the Prefect and apologised for swearing. He seemed surprised to see me but offered his hand to shake, which surprised me.

He ruffled my hair, which in the past would have angrily set me off, but this time he smiled and said that it takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong. It was nice because as I walked away it seemed like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and felt really positive about myself.

Later in the afternoon, when I got home from the nursery I asked Mimi what I could do to let everyone know I was sorry.

She asked me what I was ‘Sorry’ for.

So I listed all the things I could remember since I got here that were not very nice.

At the end of it she simply said “Thank you James, your apology has been recorded.”

I was pleased to note that some of Mimi’s parental controls were also lifted and could slowly begin to access certain things like TV programmes and games I’d been restricted from before.

#

However, for the next ten days, when it was a school day, the onesie became my daily uniform. The nursery was my place of education and though I resented it at times I had to acknowledge that they were teaching me a lesson. Not only that but I had to admit that I grew to like my uniform simply because it was so comfortable. I had absolutely nothing to do except enjoy myself with all the other toddlers... so I did. The fasteners on my onesie made for easy access when it came time for a change and I learned very quickly that being coy or trying to resist a change when I was wet was  stupid. The girls where very efficient and thorough so, despite my age was treated no differently than any of the other little soakers. 

At home and on the weekend I was allowed out of the onesie and back into shorts, which wasn’t a problem as I said most kids my age were also wearing them. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), my diaper stayed with me because I was still wetting fairly regularly. I couldn’t work out if it was just that I was comfortable doing so or, still had this emotional block about being here. As it was, those who knew about it (most people) said nothing and I was accepting it as something to put up with until my mental barrier lifted.

Mom and dad were encouraging and neither made a point about the wet diapers. I suppose because I was actually more amenable these days and Josh and I had settled into a pretty good relationship. With all that my little brother has had to put up with from me since we’ve been here, he never stopped being positive. Also he never commented on me having to wear a diaper, I suppose it never occurred to him that at my age I should have been past all that. He loved to hug and our mutual padding made that an even nicer experience... or was that just what I thought?

I was allowed to call Boogy my best friend who was in the next apartment to us back where we used to live but he wasn’t there. His mother said he was out with the girl who moved into our old apartment and didn’t see much of the other lads these days. At fourteen, he was the oldest of our little group so I suppose...

Actually, the idea of someone else in our old apartment hit me for six. I mean, I don’t know why but it never occurred to me that someone else would move in AND my best mate would team up with someone who usurped my position.

Apparently, Boogy’s mom didn’t think much of the new neighbours; she thought the girl was a bit ‘loose’ for her age, and the father was a noisy drunk. Anyway, she brought me up to speed on what was happening there though it sounded like I wasn’t missing much and life continued its normal drudge. Strange how I thought I’d be missed but life went on quite well without me.

#

So it’s another Monday morning and I’m looking out of my bedroom window in my usual soaked diaper, plastic pants slightly sagging under the weight but knew mom or dad would be in to check soon. Although the view is the same as when we arrived, it is something I can now appreciate rather than resent. What is also something I can appreciate is that this seaside town has its own micro-climate so we can enjoy both the coast and countryside most of the time. After school I’m socialising a lot more but have yet to experience a change in season though my new friends say winters are very mild.

Unfortunately for me, since we arrived in TYME I’d developed this wetting problem and though we all hoped it would disappear it hasn’t. However, my attitude to the town has changed and so the family tension is no longer there, which I’m told is a relief to everyone.

“Morning love, sleep well?” Mom always starts the day with this simple question and although I’m wearing a droopy night time diaper can’t complain because these days I sleep very well indeed.

“Let’s get you out of that and you into the shower shall we... and Jamie... don’t dawdle we’re running a little late.”

So, once she’d released me from my nightly ‘baggage’ I nip to the bathroom and take a quick shower. As always, on my return the old diaper has vanished but she’s waiting. However, there’s a change, for the first time in a while, I can see that I’m being restored to the uniform of an A5 student. I’d never been so happy to see that I’d be wearing shorts and not the babyish (though very comforting) onesie.

“Yes love, it’s back to proper school from now on. The Academy has decided that your improvement warrants giving you a second chance and hopes that they are proved correct in this verdict. I have every confidence in you James...” she left the rest unsaid but I got the inference... ‘don’t mess up.’

It was very unlikely because since that day at the beach I’d made friends so after school had a group of lads my age I could pal around with. They all knew about my wetting because mom said I should be open about it and if I wasn’t embarrassed by it then no one could say anything. The other reason for telling everyone was because the bulge under my shorts had become more permanent and was pretty obvious so would have been pretty stupid to try and deny its existence. Even though it was a little embarrassing I took mom’s words and did just that and was surprised to find to be offered friendship and support from a group of kids who back home would have bullied me mercilessly.

TYME really was different from anywhere else.  

#

I’m going through a bit of a crisis at the moment. Josh is all but potty trained and doesn’t wear diapers except at night. Even then, he appears to have learnt to control his little bladder and has woken up more often than not to a dry diaper; I on the other hand have not.

It appears that Doctor Susan was wrong about me losing the need for them once I accepted that TYME was an okay place to be. I can’t say I was getting any worse because I’m already peeing without knowing and filling my much needed padding regularly. Thankfully, they didn’t regard this as an indication I should return to E4.

Another trip to the doctor’s and another set of tests but the diagnosis - I was 100% healthy physically but there was still obviously some kind of psychosomatic block. I kept telling everyone who asked that I was now happy and content living in TYME and didn’t know why I was still wetting so much. What I didn’t tell them, because I wasn’t sure how it would be interpreted, I liked wearing the special thick and comforting diapers.

You’d think after these last few months of having to wear them I’d have been more than keen to be rid, instead I was worried about losing their padded cuddle. Since mom put me in them when we first arrived, and although I didn’t want them, the fact that I had to wear them and they helped in not waking up to a soaked bed, I came to rely on their cushiony presence.

Perhaps perversely, having to wear a diaper since arriving here had more effect on me than I knew. I don’t know if it was a subconscious thing but had the thick diaper become the only thing I found comfort in? Had my diaper become a substitute for Boogy, Sam, Tess, Adele, Smiffy, Amin and the others without knowing it? I was really attached to its continuing comforting company.

Because this didn’t make sense I didn’t tell anyone about this particular emotion so my diapers stay because I do still unintentionally wet my padding. I suppose the rest of the family just regard me as incontinent, which may, in time (if you’ll pardon the pun) pass.

Something else that crossed my mind was, if I’d been a toddler and brought up wearing these particularly comfy, soft and thick diapers, would I have ever wanted to be potty trained? I’m not sure I would but Josh is keen to be a big boy so I suppose they haven’t affected him like they have me.

I’ve even got to appreciate the town’s colour scheme and the yellow, or blue, or white thick diapers that cuddle my groin are simply an absolute pleasure to wear, although, you’re not going to find ‘pink’ anywhere in their colour palate.  I’m not sure if there are any other kids that have learned to love them as I do but who knows, I might meet others who share that interests.

I know I’m almost twelve so tell mom and dad as seriously as possible that I’ll be glad when I don’t need them any longer. Nevertheless, as you can surmise... I hope I’m not made to give them up any time soon.

Thankfully, Mimi, nor anyone else for that matter, has pushed for that so, I suppose – TYME really is on my side.

#### The End ####

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Very nice story. When his father showed up first at the beach I thought for sure

they were going to tell them Mom was pregnant and having a girl but I'm happy

their Dad was a rebel. LOL

The whole story was great I liked the ending because that is the way I think about

my diaper wearing. Great job and thank you. 🙂

• Like 1

A HUGE thanks to you all for your wonderful and supportive comments I really appreciate them as they make me incredibly happy 😊 . Sorry but they do.

I always like the idea of a young guy suddenly realising that a diaper can be his best friend - some thing there to give him a cuddle when there's no one else around and something to offer protection and security for those moments when the pressure can just get too much.

We've all found our own way to enjoy their padded comfort but for some it just takes a little nudge in the right direction... I wonder if his mom already knew?

Hugs and thanks

Les

• Like 2