LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Running out of diapers

I'm sitting here in my cloth diapers and plastic pants even though I would normally be in a disposable diaper at this time of the afternoon. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my diapers and plastic pants, they are very comfy. My complaint is that through my own catastrophic error, I only have 5 disposable diapers left in my size so I'm losing my ability to choose what diaper I wear.

I have been a Confidry girl since I went full time. They work and are cost effective. My wife wears diapers too, but she isn't 24/7 like me she wears strategically like on long car rides and when she doesn't want to get up during the night. She wears a large which in Confidry is color banded at the bottom of the package in red while my mediums are color coded in green. Makes it easy to know when to order because you can see each time you remove a bag to restock my diaper drawer. Confidry has gone downhill in quality so we decided to buy cases of Better Drys and see how they feel and function.

I use more diapers than my wife so we really need to keep a close eye on my supply. Unfortunately for me, I never realized that the packaging on the bags of Better Drys up on a high cupboard were the same for both medium and large. Yesterday my diaper drawer ran out and I pulled down a new bag and refilled my drawer. Later, when I went to change I realized the diaper was bigger than it should be. I stopped to examine the empty bag in the trash, sure enough Large. I was confused at this point so I went up and pulled the other 2 bags down and both were large. I was looking at the bags thinking they were mediums when they were larges she bought with my case of mediums. I'm out of disposable diapers. Priority one, order diapers, check. Priority two, try out a large and see if it works. It didn't leak but it adds even more bulk between my legs and as it get wetter it sags much worse than a medium would. Priority three, what do I have in medium. One diaper always in my handbag, two diapers in my diaper bag and a couple Confidrys in my cupboard. Five diapers will have to be used for out of the home occasions. Fortunately I have all my cloth night diapers and enough pairs of plastic pants to stay 24/7 at home here. I have about 100 feet of clothesline behind the house and a good washer. I'll wash diapers every other day as I normally do but the loads will be larger because my day diapers will be in there too.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Yikes, nightmare! I don't know what I'd do if I ran out of disposable diapers - I have cloth diapers and plastic pants, but I find them too bulky to wear anywhere but around the house, and even at home, I'm strangely and inexplicably bashful about wearing cloth diapers in front of my wife, even though I've been parading around in occasionally-absurd disposables for years. I'd have to cancel all social outings and most errands until my disposables came back into stock. 

At least you have your wife's large-sized supply to raid; it's sub-optimal but it would suffice in a pinch. How long will it take for you to get more mediums in stock? Godspeed, Freta!

• Like 1

@Little SherriMy diapers are on order and won't be delivered until 7/10 so six more days. The wife and I were just talking and decided maybe a stop at a medical supply store was in order. One bag of their best diapers would get me through. The part that sucks is I'll probably end up in cloth backed disposables because they probably don't carry anything plastic backed. For me it's a toss up risk wise between wearing and using a cloth backed diaper under my clothes or cloth diapers with plastic pants. On the one hand there's the risk of the disposables leaking or wicking when I'm out in public while on the other hand the risk that comes from wearing diapers that will not leak but will be visually more obvious under clothes. When I'm home there's no problems no matter what diapers I wear. We're planning on going out to the movies in a nearby city today which will mean being away from home for 4 hours or more so I'll have to decide whether to use one of my 5 disposables left or stay in pin on diapers and plastic pants. This reminds me of a soap opera 😀.  Stay tuned later kids and find out whether whether Freta's cloth like disposable diaper leaked or whether she goes waddling out with thick cloth diapers with her noisy 7 mil plastic pants. Maybe I should start a poll lol.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just an FYI, speaking of running out of diapers... When I checked my email today, I saw one from LL Medico. They are having a July 4th sale today, 10 percent off today with the coupon code JULY4

I've been using them for years, always got my ConfiDry 24/7 diapers there, until ConfiDry went out of biz... Now I get my BetterDry diapers there, and I actually like them better.

• Like 1