LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Speech Impediments

Rue Rue

Question

Hey, everyone. I like talking but as I've grown older I noticed that I whistle my "S" and noticed when I played back a voice message I sent. 

Does anyone here have a speech impediment that they try to hide like I do? Sometimes I just chose to not say words like "something, skin, sometimes, single, simple, "if you 'say'". 

I'd love to have feedback. I listened to myself tonight and am feeling kinda self conscious. 

I'm usually good about it, but when I am passionate about what I am saying it happens, which makes me sound stupid. Anytime I stop thinking about skipping words I say something like "stop yelling at me" and I whistle my S which makes me feel like I am gopher from Winnie the pooh. 

I'm embarrassed and don't feel like I can be taken seriously!

2 answers to this question

Growing up I had a bad stutter. I still stutter to this day but it is rare when it comes out. I used to be very self continuous about it. I remedied that by just practising, putting myself into situations that made me uncomfortable and learning to just accept it. If you have confidence people will take you seriously. If you are good at your job and believe in yourself than others will believe in you. 

I grew up with an embarrassing speech impediment as well that I sometimes slip back into; mostly when I'm scared or angry or deep into Littlespace. I have trouble saying my "Rs"; they end up coming out sounding like "Os." "Ls," or "Ws." 😕

Here's an example: The wed wangah was dwiving his jeep into the fowest. (The red ranger was driving his jeep into the forest.)
(Totally random made-up sentence.) 😅

I've got better at Rs at the front of a word, (like Red and Ranger), but I struggle when the R is at the end of or the middle of a word, (Ranger, and Forest.) 
Years of speech therapy has helped a bit, but I'm still super self-conscious about it. 🫣

I've been asked if I'm British or if I'm from New Jahsey. (Jersey) lol. 🤭
I'm told my impediment sounds super cute, but it still bugs me cos I've heard me talk and I sound retarded; "wetahded" as I can't help but say LOL. 😅

PS: No offense towards individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities; I'm one of them; it's okay for me to use that word. 😝

• Like 1