LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sizing help.

So I normally don't order diapers online but I'd like to start,  

I was thinking about some Northshore megamax, 

I'm a bigger guy so I'm trying to get an idea of what is out there that is sized bigger, Seems like everything is sized different that sometimes even if it's in my waist size range it's on the small side,  Embarrassingly enough I'll admit I'm looking for something in the 48" range that might give me some extra room so I'm not making it so tight that the tapes won't stay stuck, 

Can anyone possibly recommend a diaper that is maybe naturally fits on the larger side with strong tapes?.

Well, you'll likely get a "million" answers.   I'm a 44 waist and usually go with XL in anything I get.   However, I can "squeeze" into some brands large size without issue.  One of those is BetterDry/Crinklz.  I just like that the XLs fit higher up the waist.   You'll even find that different styles from the same brand will fit differently.  That goes for pretty much every brand out there whether ABDL or medical.   So, you can't necessarily rely on assuming that "L" in one brand will fit just as well as another.  (which is also one reason I usually go with the XL -- less chance that it WON'T fit). 

Best advice --- get some samples.   Wearingclouds, Changing Times, or even e(vil)-Bay.   Maybe even Amazon.   I've said this before, but it's still good advice.  Go for the size product that your waist/hip will fall as close to the middle as possible.  Size ranges are usually over exaggerated, they'll say fits 36-50in, but that 50 inch is based on the fact the diaper is 25" wide!   Yeah, that means the tapes are barely attached at all.  That's not "fitting"!   Rearz is the only brand I'm aware of that has "recommended" size ranges (along with those absurd extreme ranges) that are far more realistic. 

Oddly enough I find the rearz sizing to be more accurate than most. I would still have to agree, sizing is super flaky. I am also rather on the larger size, 56 inch waist if I am being honest, thank goodness I am very slowly starting to loose it. I was up to a 60 before.

Waist size can be extreamly deceptive, even using a sizing chart it can mess you up. I do tend to favor going bigger than smaller myself, sizing up once tends to help it fit better, for me, and higher up the waist, wich gives a better fit at the momant. When I have less gut that will probably be less of a concern, but, for now it is. Still, ultimatly what yuour going to have to do is get some diapers and try them on, to see how they fit for you. Everyone is a little diferent in exactly how there body is shaped, things fit diferently for diferent people, thats also why sizing can be so very flaky. Heck, just having a bigger butt than average can force you to size up your diaper.

8 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

Oddly enough I find the rearz sizing to be more accurate than most. I would still have to agree, sizing is super flaky. I am also rather on the larger size, 56 inch waist if I am being honest, thank goodness I am very slowly starting to loose it. I was up to a 60 before.

Waist size can be extreamly deceptive, even using a sizing chart it can mess you up. I do tend to favor going bigger than smaller myself, sizing up once tends to help it fit better, for me, and higher up the waist, wich gives a better fit at the momant. When I have less gut that will probably be less of a concern, but, for now it is. Still, ultimatly what yuour going to have to do is get some diapers and try them on, to see how they fit for you. Everyone is a little diferent in exactly how there body is shaped, things fit diferently for diferent people, thats also why sizing can be so very flaky. Heck, just having a bigger butt than average can force you to size up your diaper.

So what brands and sizes have you. Found that work the best for you? 

• Like 1

Hey Drummerboy27....I'm a big guy too tipping the scales at over 370 lbs.  I can wear most XL diapers out there.  That said...I wear the Abena L4's a lot of the time.  Now this is going to sound silly....but it works for me.  I can't put a diaper on in the usual way by lying down and taping it on.  I have to pre-assemble the diaper and then pull it on like a pull up.  Sounds weird but it works for me....and no...the tapes don't pop off when I'm pulling it on.  The trick is that the diaper has to stay BELOW the belly.

Anyway....one diaper that has the strongest tapes are NorthShore Megamax.  Those tapes hold on tight.  To the point that I find them difficult to take off.  Another brand that holds on great is InControl Original and InControl Essentials.  These are medical type diapers but they perform very well.

The only diapers that I struggle with are the ones with the hook and loop type fasteners.  they just don't stay attached when I'm pulling them up and my big ol belly gets in the way if I try to re-tape them.

As far as ABDL diapers I've tried.....most diapers from Rearz that have tapes.  Most diapers from ABU with tapes.  Two tape diapers from both Rearz and ABU work well.  In fact....I've yet to find a plastic backed diaper with tapes that I cannot make fit.

As Crinklz mentioned it's best to get samples to see what really works for you.  I recommend trying my method.  Just go slow when you pull them up and have some fun.

• Like 1

@drynotThat's a really interesting way to do it,  Definitely going to try it. 

The megamax is Definitely what I was gonna go for,  Currently I have Tena's, They are cloth backed but moderately thick, I'm just finding its very difficult to get a diaper to fit properly on my bigger frame,  I can't ever remember finding a plastic backed diaper with tapes that didn't pop off when I was wearing it, 

Definitely going to try some samples,  Thanks so much for the feedback! 

• Like 1

I'm about 220 lbs currently (thanks, Covid) and wear a size 40-ish - I oversize my pants and shorts a bit so they fit loosely over diapers. The MegaMax is the only medium-sized diaper I can fit in these days - I used to wear more products in medium, back when I was around 170-180 lbs. Maybe someday. The large MegaMax is really big on me, and the XL is huge. MegaMax's are cut more generously than most of the products out there. I'd try a sample of the large, unless bulkiness is not a factor for you, in which case, the XL will work for sure, albeit, not discretely. The medium is my diaper of choice because I can wear it under clothes and it's not visible from space. Good luck!

9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

The large MegaMax is really big on me, and the XL is huge. MegaMax's are cut more generously than most of the products out there. 

The Megamax XL size does not fit me well at all.  Its too big.  I actually had to drop down to larges in order to get a proper fit....

They are great diapers.  I'm really impressed by how well they are put together...

• Like 1

I wear MegaMax all the time, and no one has ever said anything. 

BTW if you order from NorthShore, use the link in Mikey's posts so he gets a commission. Also ask for a sample of the next closest size. Let them know you aren't completely sure on which size you need.

10 hours ago, drynot said:

They are great diapers.  I'm really impressed by how well they are put together...

I agree entirely. A great product. The price has become a bit shocking, however - a case is now $180 CAD from my supplier in Ontario. When Rearz has a sale, I can get cases of a number of their models for $100 or so, with delivery included. That said, there will always be a place for the MegaMax in my diaper drawer. 

9 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I agree entirely. A great product. The price has become a bit shocking, however - a case is now $180 CAD from my supplier in Ontario. When Rearz has a sale, I can get cases of a number of their models for $100 or so, with delivery included. That said, there will always be a place for the MegaMax in my diaper drawer. 

I hear you Sherri.  I was fortunate enough to grab a couple of cases of Megamax when they were more reasonably priced.  180 a case puts them well out of my price range when I can get Rearz and InControl diapers for much cheaper.  Heck...even the Abena L4's have gone up in price.

Sign of the time's we're living in I suppose....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, drynot said:

I hear you Sherri.  I was fortunate enough to grab a couple of cases of Megamax when they were more reasonably priced.  180 a case puts them well out of my price range when I can get Rearz and InControl diapers for much cheaper.  Heck...even the Abena L4's have gone up in price.

Sign of the time's we're living in I suppose....

Even for someone who just wears for comfort like myself I feel like it's worth the price you pay.