LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How much of a kink is this, really?

One thing I hear mentioned from this community a lot (and other places), is that wanting to go full 24/7 with complete untraining is, "You just wanting to make your kink into your whole life.", and while that is true in some aspects, I really don't think bluntly slapping the label of "kink" on it describes it well enough. 

In my case, I'm mostly just a DL. I'm not interested in having a mommy, or baby clothes/furniture, acting like a baby, being in littlespace, pascifiers, or anything like that. Nor do I want to be an exhibitionist about it or make it my identity. I just enjoy wearing them, the feeling of them, and the feeling of using them, and incorporating them into what I do. I might want to try some AB stuff, with the right hypnotist, under the right circumstances, someday, but not intentionally on my own.

So, for me, engaging with my kink is mostly just putting them on and going about my day. That's the fun of it for me! And at this point in my life, I've already worn diapers out and about in a bunch of situations: riding my bike, going shopping, getting gas, going to restaruants, going on walks, all both with and without my girlfriend being present. The only times I haven't worn yet are: around friends, at work, in front of my parents, and on long several-day trips.

So then... if this is a kink for me... then on those occasions where I do wear for long stretches of time... then shouldn't I be a lot more horned-up / randy / turned-on on a more regular basis? But the thing is, it's usually the exact opposite effect. Once I'm wearing diapers, its a lot easier for me to stop thinking about them. The bulk reminds me subtly throughout the day that they are still on me, but I spend less time thinking about them overall. I generally become a lot more productive on days I wear. If we're talking about self-pleasuring, I actually do a lot less of that while wearing, and a lot less random touching in general. And as for actual sex, I don't ask my girlfriend to wear, and I don't ask her to engage with them during sex in any way. I keep my diaper thing and our sex lives seperate. I only ask that someday (if I do go full 24/7) she'll be able to get to the point where she can "see past them" and still find me sexy enough to rip them off of me for some action every once in a while (edgy, non-baby prints help a lot with her).

And also consider what those who have gone 24/7 say... which is usually something along the lines of, "your kink for this will almost entirely vanish once you cross the line and the reality of it all sets in."

So... could it be that us wanting to go full 24/7, with untraining and all, is a subconscious attempt for us to try and "defeat" our desires?  

What I'm doing with my DL thing now is pretty much about as far as I can possibly go with it without going full 24/7 and untraining. I can wear 3-4 days a week without issue. I'm not a bedwetter, but, I've effectively trained myself that if I go to bed diapered, I will wake up soaked. I've got a good balance right now, so why I would desire to engage with it so much that it would ruin my interest in it is something that I don't fully understand about myself. Maybe it's just my brain's way of trying to "get over it".

My one theory is that, right now, if I want to engage with lustful energy (so to speak), diapers are more accessible than sex. I can put one on anytime, but sex requires the right mood and timing. I might be used to the easy fulfillment of dopamine from actual wearing and online diaper content, but if diapers would become routine, mundane, bothersome, uncomfortable, ect., then they would no longer fulfill that need for me, and I would suddenly be craving a lot more regular sex than I have in recent years. 

.... which is why I asked in the title how much of a "kink" it is to want to go 24/7, because it seems like it would achieve the exact opposite effect of most other kink-lifestyles, and almost force you to life healthier and less sexually active in a lot of ways. (OK, brain dump over let me know your thoughts!)

Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has them. If people have the opinion that just going 27/7 is a kink don't worry about it. You can't argue it out of them, you are unlikely to be able to "reason" it out of them so it's either you change your life to please them or live your life to please you.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, FreeFlowin said:

One thing I hear mentioned from this community a lot (and other places), is that wanting to go full 24/7 with complete untraining is, "You just wanting to make your kink into your whole life.", and while that is true in some aspects, I really don't think bluntly slapping the label of "kink" on it describes it well enough. 

In my case, I'm mostly just a DL. I'm not interested in having a mommy, or baby clothes/furniture, acting like a baby, being in littlespace, pascifiers, or anything like that. Nor do I want to be an exhibitionist about it or make it my identity. I just enjoy wearing them, the feeling of them, and the feeling of using them, and incorporating them into what I do. I might want to try some AB stuff, with the right hypnotist, under the right circumstances, someday, but not intentionally on my own.

So, for me, engaging with my kink is mostly just putting them on and going about my day. That's the fun of it for me! And at this point in my life, I've already worn diapers out and about in a bunch of situations: riding my bike, going shopping, getting gas, going to restaruants, going on walks, all both with and without my girlfriend being present. The only times I haven't worn yet are: around friends, at work, in front of my parents, and on long several-day trips.

So then... if this is a kink for me... then on those occasions where I do wear for long stretches of time... then shouldn't I be a lot more horned-up / randy / turned-on on a more regular basis? But the thing is, it's usually the exact opposite effect. Once I'm wearing diapers, its a lot easier for me to stop thinking about them. The bulk reminds me subtly throughout the day that they are still on me, but I spend less time thinking about them overall. I generally become a lot more productive on days I wear. If we're talking about self-pleasuring, I actually do a lot less of that while wearing, and a lot less random touching in general. And as for actual sex, I don't ask my girlfriend to wear, and I don't ask her to engage with them during sex in any way. I keep my diaper thing and our sex lives seperate. I only ask that someday (if I do go full 24/7) she'll be able to get to the point where she can "see past them" and still find me sexy enough to rip them off of me for some action every once in a while (edgy, non-baby prints help a lot with her).

And also consider what those who have gone 24/7 say... which is usually something along the lines of, "your kink for this will almost entirely vanish once you cross the line and the reality of it all sets in."

So... could it be that us wanting to go full 24/7, with untraining and all, is a subconscious attempt for us to try and "defeat" our desires?  

What I'm doing with my DL thing now is pretty much about as far as I can possibly go with it without going full 24/7 and untraining. I can wear 3-4 days a week without issue. I'm not a bedwetter, but, I've effectively trained myself that if I go to bed diapered, I will wake up soaked. I've got a good balance right now, so why I would desire to engage with it so much that it would ruin my interest in it is something that I don't fully understand about myself. Maybe it's just my brain's way of trying to "get over it".

My one theory is that, right now, if I want to engage with lustful energy (so to speak), diapers are more accessible than sex. I can put one on anytime, but sex requires the right mood and timing. I might be used to the easy fulfillment of dopamine from actual wearing and online diaper content, but if diapers would become routine, mundane, bothersome, uncomfortable, ect., then they would no longer fulfill that need for me, and I would suddenly be craving a lot more regular sex than I have in recent years. 

.... which is why I asked in the title how much of a "kink" it is to want to go 24/7, because it seems like it would achieve the exact opposite effect of most other kink-lifestyles, and almost force you to life healthier and less sexually active in a lot of ways. (OK, brain dump over let me know your thoughts!)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and agree to a point with what you're saying.

Consider something here.

1) You're on the Incontinence Desires subforum.

Whether your like it or not, you have a deep seeded need or desire to go 24/7 and untrain. That's why we're all here. This is a situation, much like just being ABDL, where you don't have much control over.

2) Consider the idea that your relationship with diapers will evolve over time while untraining.

To some it may become "routine, mundane, bothersome, uncomfortable, ect." but for those of us on this subforum it tends to be somewhat of the opposite. Living the lifestyle of an incontinent person tends to be exciting. Your mileage may vary though. The most frustrating part of untraining in my opinion is the amount of time it takes, which from my experience is way longer than 12 months.

In other words, just do it. Try it out. You can quit at any time. Rather than trying to plan ahead about how you'll feel about being 24/7 and what it entails, I think you just need to do it. Then let the experience of it dictate your response to how you feel.

I've been wearing diapers 18/7 for the better part of 10 years and 24/7 going on 2.5 years. You will know if you're suited to the 24/7 and untraining lifestyle after you do it. "Do, or do not, there is no try." You'll either figure out that you don't want to spend all that money and have the freedom to be diaper free, or continue to teeter totter on 24/7, or you'll love it and keep doing it. You want to do it, so do it. You will have PLENTY of time to figure out if it's right for you or not.

To clarify my answer to your question: No, I don't think wanting to go 24/7 and untrain is propelled by an impetus to defeat our desires. Rather, I think it's the outlet we NEED to fulfill our desires. Consider someone who is trans. They transition to fulfill their identity and who they are. We wear diapers 24/7 and untrain because that's who we are. People who aren't like this don't ask these questions and struggle with the ideas herein. I'd venture to say we're doing more to fulfill more of who we are rather than trying to deny our desires. The road of denial leads to madness, and I'm sure you'll agree.

We're doing what we can to make our mental health better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1