LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Long flight 12+ hrs and right diaper to use

This autumn I am going on a 12 hour flight.  I have been trying several diapers to see what might work.  This is a similar question to rusty pin regarding the trest which I just tried this weekend.  It might hold up however trying to avoid a mid trip change in the planes toilets.  One other thing I get dehydrated so tend to try to keep drinking water however it goes right through me.  Has anyone taken a trip this long? If you did do you have any suggestions for me?

• Like 1

Done this many times. I will trade out my diaper in the lavatory and stuff the wet one in the bin. For this reason I use thinner diapers, usually the Seni Super Plus. They absorb very well, and will roll into a small enough blob to fit in the bin. Also, I use another lav for each change. Usually do 2-3 changes in the air, and another in the terminal.

I have never been on a flight this long but I would not recommend a diaper like the Trest. The reason why I say this is I have worn a diaper that had close to a gallon of pee in it and it is really heavy. Do you really want to be getting off the flight at your destination wearing 10 or more pounds of diaper?

I've done the trans-pacific flight (BNE-LAX) in nappies.  Also BNE-SGP-BKK (although I did change myself at Changi airport on that one).  A BetterDry with some high quality waterproof pants (I use the Garywear PUL) generally does it as for me, I'm usually slightly dehydrated on the flight anyway. 

Take a few spare nappies as hand luggage.

Yes.  The Australian body scanners will ping if you're wearing a nappy even if it's dry 😒  Apparently the US ones are more forgiving and if you're not super-wet, nothing happens (I've been dry when using those - no drama).

I stopped flying when the plague cameth about but I doubt things are wildly different.

I did it from OAK-CDG-OSL, an then from OSL-DOH-SGN.   I also did SIN-SFO.  I did my usual thing, which was go through security in a Pull-Up, and then put on a diaper once through.  My diaper was damp in Paris, but I made it through security.  I think the agent knew, because we made eye contact, but she waved me through.   I was flagged in Doha, and inspected.  I was taken for additional screening, which I think was more uncomfortable for the agents than me.   The poor guy looked like he was about pee himself when I told him, and it looked like it was his first day on the job.   

Singapore is unique, because screening takes place at the gates, which means I had to change  prior to being screened.  My diaper was bone dry, and nothing happened.  On that flight, I was so sick that I couldn't get anything out of my body.  I drank water, but I couldn't pee, I couldn't poop, and didn't throw up.  I got home in San Francisco with the same diaper I had on when I boarded, and as far as I remember it was still fine.

When I fly, I generally try not to flood my diaper.  I'll pee short burst, and then I'll use the bathroom and try to do a full void to economize my diaper use.   Remember- you should get up at least once on a flight over 8 hours, so either make use of that to change a diaper, or empty your bladder.

Thank you for all your suggestions they are great ideas.  Greeting OZNL from VIC.  Yes I am flying similar to you MEL - Vancouver BC.  Normally we fly into LAX however our end point is Seattle about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Vancouver.  Yes Spark that is good not to flood it and take the opportunity to get up when you can.  As Fiji Airways screwed up my seating I don’t know where I will be (separated from my wife likely). I might not want to disturb the person next to me getting up every hour (that was the way it was for me generally on other flights before discovering diapers/nappies).