LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nursing Home

Hi everyone. I would never want to be in a nursing home cause I'm afraid how restrictive an environment it may be. But one thing I found appealing was when my morning aide told me they change your diapers every two hours! Assuming that you are wet, of course. This has been creating fantasies in my head the past couple of days.

yeahhh... not true.

Why do you think there are so many commercials from lawyers asking you for your nursing home settlement case?

It's time consuming, EXPENSIVE and mostly disgusting for the aides at nursing homes to be expected to change diapers every two hours. It doesn't happen that way. Maybe your friend works for one of the good high-priced nursing homes, but I've toured one when my ex's mother worked at one. The diapers aren't even good diapers, they're cheap. And they're not changed as lovingly as you would expect, and they're certainly not changed often, mostly due to staffing concerns.

You won't receive that kind of care here in the US unless you hire a dedicated caregiver, which is why that niche market is currently booming.

Yea that's why I wouldn't want to be in one. Unless I could afford a good facility, I'd be worried about what care I would recieve.

BUT it would be really nice to be cared for like that if surrounded by caregivers who want to help. Hence - fantasy.

Fantasy is right!

Trust me. A nursing home is no place you want to live in. Years ago, I worked in maintenance at one and what goes on when it's not visiting hours is far different than when it is.

Even if you get good care, a large majority of the people working there do not care about the patients. They just want to do their job then go home. I've seen cattle treated better.

I finally left for the main reason that I found myself starting to become like them (not caring). The staff forgets far too often that those people there are human beings. It's not just at the one I worked at either, pretty much the majority of them.

The kind of care you are wanting I fear only exists in fantasies or if you have a LOT of money to pay for it.

I wish you luck though. Just stay out of nursing homes.

Trust me!

Regards,

I worked in a nursing home for a few months, doing exactly that--changing diapers/beds. It was part of a misguided attempt at making myself hate diapers. Obviously it didn't work (My mind is great at compartmentalizing things, I guess).

The pay was iffy, the staff turnover was HIGH and most shifts were understaffed. We'd work our way up and down the hallway of patients, changing those who were wet or dirty and taking some to the bathroom. The diapers were extremely thin due to the two-hour rule. There's no point in paying for padding that mostly will never get used. The diapers also absorbed next to nothing so more often than not we'd be changing the entire bed as well. The mobile residents would often have accidents out in the common areas and it had to be humiliating. I really ached for them and the way they were being treated, and that had a lot to do with quitting.

The diapers at that job were so horrible that I never even contemplated taking one home to try out. Anyway, I'm sure no one really wants to be in such a place. Sometimes the family has no choice (Or there is no family around) so I wouldn't judge anyone for that. I would still never fantasize about being in one.

Diapergirl80, it's funny that you mention how you started working at a home. Years ago my mother suggested I do just that, to see "just how fun it really is" (sarcastic tone). It's strange, the wisdom of those who see a diaper fetish as a passing fancy --a fad of sorts-- when they attempt to belittle you for your dreams and desires. I'm sorry to hear you chose to beat yourself up that way, but glad to hear you have the innate ability to compartmentalize, something more people should be able to do!

I'v never worked in a nursing facility for elderly people but have visited plently in the past and have to agree they are not very nice places to be. I remember not so long back when I was visiting a friends relative and walked past the toilets on the way out and noticed a pack of really cheap adult nappies, went and had a look and they was really cheap and flimsy. And I presume you would not get much attention in a elderly nursing homes because most are large facilities with over 30 beds in the UK anyway.

I have worked in care facilities for people with learning disabilities and thats a different environment all together, they use the same incontinence pads that the NHS use which differ from county to county but generally are expensive ones. Where I live they use Tena Slips Supers. The facilities are small 4-6 bed units with the same amont of care staff. At night you have one sleep in the unit and one awake. Care staff generally build a close relationship with the clients and it feels like a homely environment because basically its a normal house. Nothing institutional like the elderly homes. They go swimming and to the cinema and out for meals. And most are very well funded from the council.

I sometimes wish I could spend two weeks respite care in one near the coast. You could perhaps act like you have learning disabilities and go for respite care to give your family a rest. It can be done very easily indeed. But its very expensive, your talking £1000 a week for any care home. But it can be done.

Diapergirl80, it's funny that you mention how you started working at a home. Years ago my mother suggested I do just that, to see "just how fun it really is" (sarcastic tone). It's strange, the wisdom of those who see a diaper fetish as a passing fancy --a fad of sorts-- when they attempt to belittle you for your dreams and desires. I'm sorry to hear you chose to beat yourself up that way, but glad to hear you have the innate ability to compartmentalize, something more people should be able to do!

Well, to be honest it wasn't just to make myself hate diapers. I really enjoy working with the elderly, so I was just hoping the diaper bit might come on the side. Instead, I realized that I would always have a fetish, and I gained more understanding for the people who have to wear involuntarily. I wasn't even wearing in real life yet at that point. The diapers I fantasized about were nothing like the "briefs" (god forbid you call a diaper a diaper in a place like that) I changed all day.

I tell you one thing all these nursing homes better realize that a great percentage of these old folks in the nursing homes are veterans of the US armed forces. I think a big news story can be brought up about it since there was a big contraversy about Walter Reid medical center. Also if I actually do become a priest and do annointing of the sick. I will also try to do my best to get my parishoners the best care and expose the poor treatment. They should prosecute niglect of the old folks like they do for child endangerment.

i work in alot of nursing homes fixing there lifts and being a diaper lover i was looking out for things hehe and in there disabled loo they had a nice big bag full of wipes and gloves and nappies for all the people living in the home, i once wore whilst working in the home and i had the bottle to ask the nurse if i would use the diables loo and use a couple of there wipes and i have to were nappies dur to a bladder problem ( i jsut wear for fun realy but i wanted to used the disabled loo cos it had a big bin and wipes hehe) she nodded and smiled and then later in the say i over heard her tell the other nurses what i had said hehe they all thought i was cute hehe, sorry to go off on one but just thought i would add a lil personal experience