LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nappy repair day

Well yesterday I finally got round to some repairs on a couple of my cloth nappies.  These were a couple of my normal daytime nappies from Dotty Diapers.  These are really very good nappies, and I must have worn and washed some of the ones I've been wearing for the past years at least 250 times.  They look like lasting a lot longer yet.  However, they fasten with Velcro-a-like, and that wears out a lot more quickly.  So every year or so I need to replace the Velcro.

When new, the hook and loop material used in these nappies isn't top quality.  The nappies are made in Pakistan, and the hook and loop is presumably sourced there.  I bought a load of better quality hook and loop from Germany a while back (pre-Brexit), and that lasts much longer.  So yesterday I unpicked all the Velcro from two nappies, and unpicked the stitching along the top of the front of the nappies.  If you ever do this, it's much easier if you have the right tool for it (a seam ripper - they don't cost much).  The seam along the top front needs unpicking to allow sewing in the replacement Velcro - sewing through the whole thickness of the nappy is too much for Mummy's sewing machine.

Next I cut out replacement Velcro, making sure I got the hook and loop in the right order - loop on the front, hooks on the side bits.  I rounded the corners to make sure there were no sharp points, as Velcro can scratch skin.  Now they're all ready for Mummy to sew in - I'm not big enough to use the sewing machine.  She'll do that over the next day or two, or at least that's what she said.  I'll have to keep reminding her until she gets grumpy, and then she'll do it.

Like anything in this world routine diaper fleet inspection & maintenance . Pays off handsomely in stress free protection . Keeping diapers on your ass and off your mind . My daily drivers are like 14 years old . My aide checks them at least weekly when washing them , taking care of potential issues before they become issues or compromise your ability to use them, I have about 100 ultra rise day contours  in rotation as well as 100 ultra rise super heavyweight pre fold for overnight full maximum control. My overnight diapers are the diapers I wear the longest ,day diapers are changed every 4 hours overnight are about 12 hours . 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

It is my turn this week for that task