LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does diaper brand matter when it comes to #2?

Does diaper brand matter when it comes to #2?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Does diaper brand matter when it comes to #2?

• Yes, there are definitely better and worse products when it comes to containment in the #2 department.
    • Any decent product is going to perform about the same.
    • I prefer lower-end, lower-cost products for that purpose because once #2 comes into the picture, it's changing time anyway.
    • I only wear top-tier products for that because I need performance and reliability, cost be damned.

This may sound like a dumb question, because as a "diapernaut" with 4 years of 24/7 on my resume, I can offer expert testimony that brand definitely DOES matter, when it comes to relying on your diaper to contain wetness. However, I don't answer a lot of nature's calling #2 inside my pants, and I don't have much experience in that department, so I'm curious... with the exception of the most abysmal, low-end products, are all diapers created equal, or are there definitely better and worse ones, for that? Would a great diaper for #1 also tend to be a great diaper for #2, or are they different? Which are the best diapers for #2?

Also, I'm assuming, with no evidence to back it up, that most people think like I do, in that I tend to almost immediately discard a diaper whenever #2 comes into the picture, ergo, if I think "that" might happen, I tend not to reach for a $6 super-duty product promising 18 hours of range, 17 hours of which are going to go unused. Maybe some of you, either because of circumstances, or because of preference, need to be able to go on with your day, with a load on board, at which point, maybe diaper quality becomes crucial. If you have to wait to be changed by someone, or wait for an opportunity to change yourself, are there more and less comfortable products, once the earth has been scorched? 

One must also take into account the kind of load the #2 is. If it's a firm one that requires pushing to get it into the diaper a lower quality diaper will usually be OK. If it's a big pile of mush then a higher quality diaper would be needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Following up on Olympus' comment, you should look up the Bristol Stool Chart.  To avoid an attack along the pudendal nerve in the anal region, I follow a diet that is aimed at producing Type 5, but 4 and 6 are also acceptable.  A simple Tena pull up handles mushy poop very well.  If your stool is rock solid, any disposable should do as long as you are using the leg gathers properly-- just don't get down on the floor and play choo-choo!  With cloth diapers, it is the fold that you are using that is decisive.

Let me add that it's possible to make the odor go away in 10 days at most, with Activated Charcoal.  I have been using it for decades.  It changed the color of my stool a bit, but following the instructions did eliminate the smell.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Three Rivers said:

If your messy diaper is like soft serve ice cream, then you need a diaper with leg guards. Like other have said, if your mess is firm then a lower end diaper will work.

But that's the thing about poopies, you never know what type is gonna come out and into your diapy.😁😅🤭😏♥️ That's why I always go with higher end diapys!😁😃😊♥️🥰🚼🍼👶

• Like 2

The only contribution I have is the importance of standing leg guards on the inside of the diaper to help the mess stay inside the diaper and not squish out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1