LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else ever got their rectal temperature taken at the paediatrics as a kid?

Ik this many sound weird to ask but has it ever happen to anyone as a kid where every time you went to the paediatrics they always had you take your rectal temperature? This has happened to me all the time when I was younger and they treated me like a baby. Sometimes when I was younger I’d have a diaper on other times I don’t and still got my temperature taken rectally and in the diaper changing position. Anyone else experienced that before? This is all part of the reason why I’m a diaper lover.

• BabyDiaperBoy43 changed the title to Anyone else ever got their rectal temperature taken at the paediatrics as a kid?
On 3/26/2023 at 8:24 PM, BabyDiaperBoy43 said:

Ik this many sound weird to ask but has it ever happen to anyone as a kid where every time you went to the paediatrics they always had you take your rectal temperature? This has happened to me all the time when I was younger and they treated me like a baby. Sometimes when I was younger I’d have a diaper on other times I don’t and still got my temperature taken rectally and in the diaper changing position. Anyone else experienced that before? This is all part of the reason why I’m a diaper lover.

@BabyDiaperBoy43

because I am disabled, and because I have cerebral palsy which is an neurological condition, as well as the fact that there are more there are mobility issues that are being dealt with, most people that are disabled would probably end up having taken by Rectal thermometer, especially if the person is incontinent or immobile and probably wearing diapers.

Being that someone is disabled, it's probably a lot easier for a doctor to be able to just have a person undress and be able to stick a rectal thermometer in to be able to take your temperature. most people that have disabilities can have their temperature taken, But if a person is disabled and unable to take a temperature via putting a thermometer under your tongue, the fastest way to get a reading is to do a rectal temperature.

Because of technological improvement, there are many types of differing thermometers out there, and as such mercury thermometers are probably becoming less and less common. when I go to the doctor for example, and they decide they wanna do a temperature of me, they have two different types of thermometers. they have one that has a probe on it which they put in my mouth but it is covered with a plastic cover, which can be ejected once the temperature has been taken. the other type of thermometer is a thermometer where you literally walk up to the person and aim it at their forehead, and that gives them the actual temperature, which makes it unnecessary for someone to take it rectally. if you're disabled, it's a lot easier for the doctor to be able to do a rectal, especially if they have to do and head to toe exam of a young child with a diaper. they always have to take the diaper off, or to check you because they wanna make sure everything is OK, and then most young kids have the dreaded needle at the end because they probably want to inject them with a whole bunch shots that a kid needs in school for example. When you can do rectal temperature, it's a lot Easier, but with the new thermometers that are based on just pointing at your head, that could be a lot easier than having to do a full rectal Temp or an exam.

I'm sure that there are many people that have had their temperatures taken rectally. when I was a kid in school, I would always have the thermometer put under my tongue. The time when we're dealing with mercury thermometers, and you had to shake them down and you had to deal with all of the things that you would be you would be dealing with, but with mercury thermometers not being available as much, electronic thermometers are being used. because of the pandemic, thermometers were designed so you don't have to touch the patient other than with the thermometer, And you don't have to worry about that, because they can quickly determine your temperature before they see you.

Brian

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

I was born in 1951 and until I was seven or eight years old there was only one pediatrician in town. There were three exam rooms in his office and no doors, no screens, and everyone walking by could look in and see what was going on. And yes, everyone got their temperature taken rectally. I remember being very embarrassed but I also remember being the five or six year old voyeur. I also remember being surprised at how many kids (older than me) who were getting their diapers changed. All diapers were cotton cloth with diaper pins and rubber pants. Real rubber pants, "that pulled the hair out of your legs" when you stood up to have them pulled up over your diapers