LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Covers: what to look for?

Other than pattern, what should one look for in a diaper cover? 

Shortly after getting into diapers, I bought a cheep medical diaper cover on Amazon to try out (I have a bad habit of poking holes in the outer shell of my diaper during... Certain activities ?) and it has been SO helpful and comforting to have that extra failsafe that I will refuse to wear without it now. 

So I figure it's high-time I bought a spare. Problem is, I have absolutely no idea where to start in terms of finding what's good and what isn't. ? So I thought I'd pass the torch over to y'all for some guidance. ?

Only stipulations I have are:

-I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. Saw one review here for a pair that was like $80. ?? And while I'm sure it's worth it, I'm not looking to spend more than about $20-30 at most. 

-I don't particularly want one with a babyish pattern. A solid color (preferably not pink ?) would be preferred. 

Thanks in advance! ?

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Try Rearz.ca - they have a pretty broad selection, although not as many as they used to carry. I think you can get one for $25 CAD or so, so that's a bit less than $20 USD. 

I suppose I should have elaborated a bit. ?

Product recommendations are good and I appreciate them. But what I really could use is advice on what to look for--are there certain styles that work better for different people? Are there materials that are better/worse? Are there certain keywords that I should be on the lookout for? That kind of thing. ?

12 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

But what I really could use is advice on what to look for--are there certain styles that work better for different people?

@Little BabyDoll Christineis probably the resident expert on this. I don't have a lot to offer, except to say that the PUL versions are more flexible, quieter, and perhaps more comfortable for the active wearer, than the PVC vinyl type that people traditionally associate with the term "plastic pants" or "plastic panties". Look for waterproof encasing on elastics - a design failure on some of them is using elastics that can wick moisture from your diaper into your outerwear. Pay close attention to the dimensional charts and break out the ribbon tape measure, because the true plastic ones tend not to stretch as forgivingly as PUL. Look for a generous, "billowy" fit, or else you might get a strip of uncovered diaper protruding at the waistband, and, again, potentially wicking into your clothes or bedding. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Little Sherri said:

@Little BabyDoll Christineis probably the resident expert on this. I don't have a lot to offer, except to say that the PUL versions are more flexible, quieter, and perhaps more comfortable for the active wearer, than the PVC vinyl type that people traditionally associate with the term "plastic pants" or "plastic panties". Look for waterproof encasing on elastics - a design failure on some of them is using elastics that can wick moisture from your diaper into your outerwear. Pay close attention to the dimensional charts and break out the ribbon tape measure, because the true plastic ones tend not to stretch as forgivingly as PUL. Look for a generous, "billowy" fit, or else you might get a strip of uncovered diaper protruding at the waistband, and, again, potentially wicking into your clothes or bedding. 

i do not know anything about diaper covers as that is a new category that I never saw before 2012 or so. Nowever, if you arte looking for rubber panties. the link to RUBBER PANTIES'R'US is in my signature. It is the first of two that look alike. The PUL items are known to apparently leak as they are not a solid "film" and some vapors escape and then condense  on the outside of the panty and may get on the clothing

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Who makes babypants with these 3 features ?

Forward facing legs

Enclosed elastic

All welded seams

As usual, I'm late to the game. I get the majority of my plastics from Changing Times Diaper Company. They sell Gary products which makes most of the plastics on the market. There are literally hundreds of sites that sell the Gary's under their own brand name such as Leakmaster. CTDC has the complete range of plastics in solid and print colors that meet your needs.

What you're asking for is very common. Usually leg/waist openings are elastic and not rapped with plastic. Forward facing leg holes are the norm. I don't know why it is, but I kill them pretty quickly. I also have PUL pants which after a few washing begin to feel rubber like but still prefer the good old fashioned vinyl.

• Like 1