LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I would hate to be poor and ration my nappies incase I run out.

I can buy all the nappies I want and different varieties nappies too. I currently have 9 different nappy brands in my collection. Are you poor where you can't afford nappies? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
On 3/18/2023 at 9:28 AM, Goerge said:

I can buy all the nappies I want

Good for you I guess. I can't say I can do the same. Well, maybe it depends on what exactly does "all the nappies I want" even mean.

Don't I want all of them? Well some makes and models aren't that interesting to me and I can't fit anything smaller than L with reasonable comfort, but if I could, I'd buy all the L and XL sized Little Kings and Alpha Gators and Camelots and Seni Super Quatros and Megamaxes I could get my hands on, but I don't have that kind of money to spare, so I guess that makes me poor too, if that's the perspective.

However, what I actually need - or rather, what I'll go through a month (I only do this for pleasure so it's not really the need kind of need) is usually less than 20 Little Kings, 10 Camelots and 10 Seni Quatro, which is well within what my financial situation allows me to do.

So if the question relates to being able to sustainably afford the diapers I actually go through, yes, I can do that.

There's no need to be bragging about it though.

Which is exactly what it sounds like you are doing.

Ever hear of clothdiapering? In  1988 an RII State Home Economic social worker I was working with said that, at least among her clients, cloth diapers should be the order of the day since throw-aways are wasteful by being single-use, and therefore  costly. By providing them, the State is not being a good steward of taxpayer money. She was quite adamant and animated about that and even if disposables are used, they should be covered with rubber panties

The fact is that disposables were a product of the 1960's prosperity, which has not existed for 50 years, along with the whole sybaritic "disposable culture". In the early days of burger joints, burgers and fries were in paper wrappers and containers and the drinks were in waxed cardboard cups, all of which could be burned. Also McDonald's was not your main source of food. It was an occasional thing unless you were in the transportation business and on the road all day

17 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Ever hear of clothdiapering?

I'm not sure if you are asking me or OP, but in case that question was directed to me, yes I have, I've worn cloth diapers when I was a baby/toddler, and from then on, cloth diapers (the few remaining flats from bygone days and substitutes such as bedsheets, towels or random pieces of clothing not suitable for other use) have been my go-to solution for my weird desires throughout the years, until I finally found the nerve to order disposable diapers online. 

I'm not going to argue against the fact that cloth diapering is more economical and eco friendly in the long run. After all, a fact is a fact is a fact. 

I will argue, however, that same as it is in many other aspects of living, having more money will bring you more comfort, and diapers are no different. And as it is a fact that disposable diapers cost more money, it is also a fact that they are more comfortable, both for the wearer, and for the changer. Soaking, washing, drying, ironing, folding, etc. is more of an inconvenience than wrapping up a used diaper, throwing it away and getting a fresh one out of a package. And the comfort for the wearer is also something that has been proven. Babies that wear cloth diapers tend to potty train earlier and easier, simply because the feeling of soaked piece of clothing against one's skin is not a comfortable feeling. For most people, anyway. Disposables that lock wetness away do not cause this same feeling of discomfort. It was quite the revelation to me, when I first tried disposable diapers, how much different it felt to wear and use it. Until then, I thought all the talk in tv commercials for Pampers, Huggies, etc., was all marketing bs, that at the end of a day a wet diaper is a wet diaper and it could not possibly still feel dry after being peeing in. But it does. And I have to say, it is quite something.

I do admire people who make the decision to give up some level of comfort in favor of something more economical and/or ecological, whether it's commuting by bike, bus or train instead of a car,  or reducing waste by any means, such as using cloth diapers instead of disposables. But that doesn't mean I'm going to shame or judge people who don't make such decision, who go to work by car. Who use disposable diapers for their kids. Who chose to live in a suburban single family home instead of a city apartment building.

That judgement should be reserved for people who are wasteful on purpose. Those who know their wasteful behaviour is reckless and unethical, but they do regardless, for no other reason than out of pure spite.
Like idiots in lifted trucks that have never hauled any proper cargo other than their fat ass, adorned with bumper stickers with rude messages to Greta Thunberg, coal rolling random people who are just going about their bussiness on foot or bike, just for the "fun" of it.

Honestly I rather like cloth diapers myself, yah, its a litte more work, but also quite a plesent sensation, spec if you put the diapers on warm and fluffy fresh out of the dryer. The problem with cloth is that there are not a lot of easy change options that actualy work well. Not for people that flood. The few I have seen that work, are mostly made for skinny people, not old fat people. But it is something I plan to work on once I can get the sewing stuff set up again. Even if all I do is make a pair of snap on training pants, thick enough to have some absorbancy, and snap on pants to go over.