LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chat Room Issues

DailyDi

4 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi @BabyJeggySpideyBoy

Not only to Mikey, but don't forget: for every server there are always individuals who are behind the scenes working to make sure that whatever we're seeing on one side of the screen works on the other side of the screen. This also can be making sure the server is on, making sure there are no errors, making sure the thing doesn't crash, and also people who code, or program things into the server, or add functionality to the server. As an administrator, Mikey has to make the decisions that he thinks are the best for all of his domains, he has to make the decisions that he thinks are best for the rules regulations policies and other things that happen. He also has to choose when to update and what to update, and sometimes like has been the case this week, things do not work exactly the way we think it should, and I'm sure as Mikey is aware, there are times on his end where they put something in, and it doesn't work the way he wants it to work either.

As an administrator of four domains myself, I will say this: doing the job that Mikey does, or his admins, or his moderators, or his chat mods, is not easy. As an administrator myself, there are times when I want to pull my hair out, because something is not working the way I think it should, or maybe I made a mistake and I took something out that I wish I didn't! When that happens, you can pull your hair out or you can end up feeling really rotten because of a mistake you made.Remember, every time that something happens , such as an error or a bug or something like this, mickey's moderators somehow get a hold of him, or someone gets a hold of them going the other way, and they discuss issues, and I'm sure that they have plenty of these discussions. Being that we are all users of his house, we all must be patient, and understand that whenever I hear or see someone say " this sucks" or other words that showed displeasure, that I'm sure that we may not like the way something is, but we should always be mindful that Mikey may not like it either, and he might be trying to fix what somebody does not like. That is why it's important, that you tell Mikey if you have a issue, and then you let him try to work it out.

I am sure that there are a lot of us that have used the old chat system: speaking as a user of the system myself: I can tell you that I like the fact that I can log in as myself on the chat system, and I can sit there all day all night, and unless there's some sort of glitch, I don't have to worry about having myself kicked off or reset in the middle of a conversation. This seems to be the most telling problem that we have had for the last three years and even longer than that. I know that Mikey has told me that he has resisted making changes for the time being, because he had issues with the software that we're dealing with, and he knew that he had issues, but he was trying to find a way to take care of that problem or problems. So far, I like what I see, and what I see that i like, outweighs what I don't like:of course, there are going to be issues with user lists, messaging, blocking, and other things . Those are to be expected , and we all know that Mikey works extra extra hard, keeping this place running, and we try to help him as much as we can . It is our responsibility as users to help you Mikey as much as we can , and I have pledged that , and I pledge it to you again that should you need help from me, I am here to help you .

in closing I would like to say the following: I know that it is a pain in the neck sometimes to deal with new systems, or to have things change, and most of us don't like the sea change, but in this case I think that the change that Mikey made is the best particular decision that he has made. When you are an administrator you have to weigh the positives and the negatives when you make a decision. I know that Mikey probably has spent many hours trying to make that decision, and it's not easy to do. Let's remember this: for everything that Mikey has done on his end, he has to deal with all of the problems with the chat system, or any problem that has to do with the administration of his site. Remember: Mikey is only one man, and he does what he does because he loves what he does, and he provides us a place that we can call our safe zone, where we can be the people we want to be, and I'm glad to be a member here.

So please: remember that he is working with his server technicians, and he is taking care of things that need to be taken care of, and it looks like he made a decision to upgrade what he installed so that it works even better than it does now. For every new thing that happens, there are going to be glitches and there are going to be problems, but we need to be patient and let Mikey and his team work through these issues, and we also need to continue to tell Mikey if there are any issues that we are finding, such as things that have to do with the userless, or whether something is working or not in differing devices, because without users telling him what the deal is, he cannot know that there's an issue. So Please be patient with them, because they work hard and I'm sure that Mikey has probably pulled his hair out a couple of times because of this. I say this because I've done it myself, and I know it's not fun: one day Mikey, I hope to be able to give you a great big cyber hug, because you and your team are amazing!

If I haven't said it: thank you for everything you do, thank you and your team for everything that you do, because without good people, the experience would never be the same, and I feel like and continue to feel that this place is home. Thank you for making the decision to make the upgrade, because I can tell you right now being able to stay on the server without being kicked off every 5 to 7 minutes is one of the best things. On Monday night I believe, I spent all day on the server going back and forth between window one window two and window 3, and I didn't move one iota. I stayed on until after midnight I believe, and I loved it. Was able to talk to many individuals, and I kept on hearing the same things, that people didn't like what they saw, and a few times I actually said to people, give the man time, give his people the time they need, and they will fix it.

Thanks!

Brian

On 9/27/2022 at 12:04 PM, DailyDi said:

We upgraded the chat room this morning but are currently dealing with a few bugs:

1. User List is not showing all users, and is not updating.
  2. Some images are not showing.
  3. Disable PMs is not working.

We are awaiting fixes/advice from the software maker. Please bare with us.

May I add one?

I noticed people I have previously blocked are visible again. 

4 minutes ago, KittyMerriweather said:

May I add one?

I noticed people I have previously blocked are visible again. 

That’s not a bug. The history was erased. You will need to reblock people. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

That’s not a bug. The history was erased. You will need to reblock people. 

Oh ok. Thanks for responding so quickly.  It will actually be kind of nice to block people twice ?

• Haha 4

@DailyDi

just curious: is there a way to make it so that you don't end up losing the bottom line where you type your message if you have more than five people listed. On #5, I don't have a place to type anymore, so I have to keep it so that it doesn't wrap around.  (I refer to in private message you can only have so many people on the bottom line before they wrap around, and the last person to wrap to the second line causes the entire typing surface to disappear, so you have to remove the flash person in your private message list on the bottom.)

Also, is there a way to make it so that for example let's say spoon chicken talks to you. In the old system, it turned black when you talked to you and you can see what he was talking about, because it was all black. Moderators had black type. Now, moderators admins and everybody else have the same amount of color in their type, and it's hard to tell who's talking, because the names the crowns and the hammers that talk about particular levels are harder to see. I realize that you might have to raise the font size, but I'm hoping I don't have to do that to be able to see it.

Idea for Mike:if you're an admin, can you set the background to red bubble, white text , and for moderators can you set the type so that it is black or another color so that I can tell when a moderator or an admin is speaking ?

just a couple of requests it would make it all easier to be able to read what was going on

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edits added additional information as well
  • Like 1