LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

From Tenant to Baby (Updated 2/28)

From Tenant to Baby: CH. 1

A/N: I really do just appear out of nowhere and post like 5k words of a new story and then just never return. Oh well, life happens. This is a WIP from almost a year ago I finally just decided to post. I hope you all enjoy!

The ad was a godsend as soon as Jordan saw it.

'Looking for a tenant for a small set up above an occasionally used workshop. Includes an open living room and kitchen space with a separate bedroom and a single attached bathroom. Located 5 minutes from the local university and includes Wi-Fi. Serious inquiries only. Call (xxx) xxx-xxx for details.'

It sounded almost too good to be true.

Now, Jordan was in a bit of a pickle it seemed. He was going into his third year of college at the local university. A business major. And for the entire time, he had shared an apartment with his buddy Joseph. Just recently, however, Joseph had proposed to his girlfriend and they decided to move in together. That would have been great and all if it weren't for the fact that Joseph was the one moving into his girlfriend’s place. It was closer to college and in a better neighborhood, afterall. Jordan was happy for him, of course. But that left him in a bind. In their two-bedroom apartment with them both splitting the bills, it was comfortable. They weren't starving students and could focus more on their school than working long hours. But if Jordan was going to continue to live there alone with all the bills, he would have to pick up more shifts and it would cut into his school time. Coming off an already rough semester, Jordan didn’t think he could handle it. So, he decided to look for housing elsewhere.

It all seemed so unreasonable, though. Student housing would be cramped and overpriced, he didn't know anyone else who was dependable enough to split the cost of an apartment and, to top it off, his lease was up in the next month anyway. So when he spotted the ad in the paper, he couldn't believe his luck. He was dialing the number before he knew it anxious to be the first one to catch the unbelievable deal.

"Hello?" A voice grunted after a few rings.

Jordan wet his lips and cleared his throat before speaking. "Hi, uh. I just saw your ad in the paper for the renting space? Is it by chance still available?" He asked nervously. What if it wasn't? He didn't want to get his hopes up.

The man on the line seemed to perk up at this. "Yes, it's still available. Who might this be?"

Jordan almost facepalmed. He hadn't even introduced himself. "Jordan Henson, sir. I'm a student at the university."

The man chuckled. "Just call me Derek, Mr. Henson. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?"

Jordan seemed to relax slightly. "Oh, not at all Mr.- Derek I mean. Call me Jordan."

They spent the next hour going over information. How old Jordan was, where he lived now, if he was a smoker if he drank a lot, the usual things. As the small interview came to an end, Jordan found himself smiling.

"Well, it was nice speaking with you, Jordan. If you're still interested in the space you can come by and check it out. We can discuss rent and the like then?" Derek offered.

"That would be great actually. Is noon alright for you?" Jordan asked as he shifted in excitement.

"Sounds great, Jordan. I'll text you the address as soon as we end the call."

Jordan thanked him a handful of times before hanging up, his smile wide. Just as promised, two minutes later he received a text with an address as well as a small message.

'Address as promised. Noon. Don't forget! :)'

Jordan texted back his agreement and sent a giddy text to Joseph soon after. Finally, things seemed to be looking up.

----------------

At noon the next day, Jordan pulled into the long driveway of Derek's home. Looking out he could see the modest brick house with a smaller, white-painted building behind a little way. That was where the space was, Jordan assumed. Waiting in a chair on the front porch was a kind-looking man. When he caught sight of Jordan's car, he stood and waved. He was taller than Jordan by at least a few inches, Jordan could tell. Getting out of the car, the student held a hand out to shake. "Hi, we spoke on the phone, right? Derek?"

The man's hand encased Jordan's own as he shook it gently. "That's me. Jordan, right?"

"That's me." Jordan parroted. "You have a nice place here."

Derek smiled at him before pointing towards the white building. "Thanks. Are you up to looking at the space?" He asked to which Jordan nodded.

There was a nice driveway that led to a carport right by the entrance which Jordan found convenient. Once inside there was a set of stairs leading up to a locked door. Derek dug out the key and had the door open soon after. As described it was an open area with a kitchen set up on one end and a living room with an older brown couch on the other end. There was even a small television stand with a TV on top and an internet modem.

"They were left here by the previous owners and I figured there's no harm in letting the tenant use them. I had them cleaned, of course," Derek explained which Jordan was not going to complain about. His apartment with Joseph was sparsely decorated and Jordan knew he would end up giving it all to Joseph anyway. No way was he going to try to drag their heavy couch up the steps. Walking further in, he went down a small hallway where it split into two directions. The left led to a nice bathroom with a tub and shower attachments and the right led to the bedroom. There looked to be plenty of room for his bedroom furniture and his work desk which was nice, and the closet was perfectly sized for his wardrobe. It really was shaping up to be too good to be true.

"This is a...well a really nice setup. Did you get many offers?" Jordan asked nervously.

Derek nodded as he leaned against the wall. "I did actually. I even had a couple of people come to look at the place. But there were a few disagreements about rules and such. I don't approve of parties or smoking out here."

Jordan nodded. "So, that's why you do the phone interview?"

"Exactly, but also..." Derek pointed down to the floor almost shyly. "This is above my workshop. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I do on occasion as part of a side business."

"And people don't like the noise?"

"That and that's when I usually catch them smoking and throwing parties." Derek had a wry smile on his face. "I had to hire a cleaning crew to get this place free of the smell."

Jordan winced at that. "Yeah, that sounds pretty rough. So I take it you aren't a smoker?"

"I quit about 10 years ago. It's a terrible habit, y'know? Bad for your health."

Jordan had heard that plenty of times before which was why he never started. There was a pause between the two as Jordan processed the space. It was nice. And the rules were agreeable. He could deal with occasional workshop noises. "I take it you're still interested in the place?" Derek asked.

"I am. Is this where you tell me rent is 3000 dollars a month utilities not included." Because that had to be it.

Derek paused before a deep rumble came from his chest. A second later he was nearly bent double in laughter. Jordan felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment all the same. He supposed it was a bit of an over-exaggeration...

"That was a -haha!- good one!" Derek straighten up and wiped a tear off his cheek. "But,-heh- No. Rent isn't nearly that bad."

And when he finally told Jordan the rent it...it really reasonable. Especially with all utilities included. AND Wi-Fi...

"That's pretty good pricing...it almost seems too good to be true." There. Jordan voiced it. And he braced himself for the catch he was sure was about to happen.

"Ah...well, I don't really need the money." Derek waved off. "I work from home, and I have a few side businesses. So I don't really need to rent out this space. I figured it'd be a nice thing to do. Help a student out and all that." 

That was actually pretty nice. But part of Jordan still told him to be there was a catch. When would he ever get another chance like this? 

“If you’re still interested, we can get things started for you to be moved in by the end of this week.” 

And that did it. Jordan had found the deal of a lifetime and would be a fool to throw it away. “I’d like that.” 

It was...remarkably easy to move into the new space. Derek had even helped Jordan move his bigger furniture without a second thought. By the first of the month, Jordan was all moved in and settled. That first night where Jordan was able to have a shower and crawl into bed was the best night’s sleep he had in a long time. Waiting for the other shoe to drop kept Jordan on edge until the second week. By then he was buried in his studies and had only spoken to Derek in passing. It was a peaceful setup. 

In fact, it was a week and a half before something deviated his new norm. It all happened because he needed to do laundry. He had avoided it as long as possible which meant he had a lot of laundry to do. With a sigh, he started to load his baskets of dirty clothes into the back of his car and fetched his bag of quarters. The nearest laundromat was still the same one he and Joseph used to go to and he figured he’d be there a while. 

“Jordan?” The student turned quickly to see Derek sitting out on his porch in the same chair as before. “Is everything alright?” 

“Oh! Yeah,” Jordan said quickly, with a small smile. “I’m just gonna head down to the laundromat and wash some clothes. I’ve been avoiding it too long.” 

Derek paused as he pointed to his own house. “I have a perfectly functional machine inside. No need to go to a laundromat.” 

There was a moment’s pause as Jordan processed what he had said. When he finally realized he was told he gaped. “Wha- No! No, that’s alright I couldn’t possibly impose on you like that. Really it’s fine, I used the laundromat when I lived at my previous place.” 

It was then Derek’s face softened as he leaned forward. “It’s not an imposition if I offer. Come on, If you’d like you can use my laptop to work on school work in the meantime.” 

Jordan debated it for a moment more before he sighed and took the first basket out of his car. As soon as Derek saw he was agreeing, he stood up and got the door for him. “Washroom is past the kitchen on the left. Can’t miss it.” 

Jordan nodded and pretty soon he was loading up the washer with his first load and a cap full of his clothes soap. When he was finished, he turned and headed back into the hall. It was mostly an open floor plan with the living room, dining room, and kitchen. There were some papers scattered around, but Derek was in the process of straightening them up. That done, he turned to Jordan and smiled. “My laptop is right there on the counter. Settle wherever and I’ll go make sure there’s nothing in the dryer for you.” 

“Thank you. I really appreciate this.” Jordan said as he retrieved the laptop and nervously sat down on the love seat in the living room. 

Derek waved it off as he disappeared into the laundry room himself. “I should have remembered to tell you washing was included before you moved in, but I always seem to forget.” He called out. 

“Happens to the best of us.” Jordan was awarded a laugh as he brought up his class directory and started making notes of his assignments for the week. He was so involved in his work that he didn’t notice Derek walking by with a stack of freshly folded clothes. 

In between loading pages, Jordan stretched only to feel something hard poking him in the leg. Feeling around, he felt a piece of hard plastic and pulled it. He was surprised to see a pacifier shoved between the cushions on the couch. It was blue with a little lion decal on the button of it. What really threw Jordan off was the fact that it was larger than any pacifier he had ever seen before. “Oh, that’s where that was!” Derek’s voice shook Jordan from his musings. Turning around, Jordan saw Derek making his way over with his hand held out. “I had a friend over and they lost that. I looked all under the couch and couldn’t find it.” 

Jordan dropped it in his hand. “Um… It was in the cushions.” 

“Ah, we didn’t look there. I’ll go give him a call and leave you to your work.” Derek fled to the kitchen quickly without a backward glace. 

Jordan couldn’t help but eavesdrop as Derek brought his phone to his ear in the kitchen. “Hey, is this Kyle? It’s Derek. Yeah! Listen I called to tell you I found that paci we lost on your last visit...It was shoved in the couch cushions apparently…” 

Jordan felt his insides twist like butterflies as Derek’s voice softened. “Don’t worry, I’ll put it away so you can come to get it later...No, of course, nobody used it. But I’ll sterilize it anyway...Alrighty then. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye, kiddo.” 

It was an odd phone call, to say the least, but nothing outwardly incriminating. So Jordan turned back to his assignments and kept working. The minutes bled on, Jordan pausing every so often to relax his shoulders and neck from slumping over his laptop. And he just managed to finish his assignments for the week when the washer rang out a happy little jingle which let him know his clothes were ready to change out. As Jordan stood and went towards the washroom, he saw Derek standing at the stove, working diligently on something. Whatever it was, it smelled great. “Hey, kiddo. I heard the washer go off. Do you want soda water or some juice with lunch?”

Jordan walked into the laundry room and called out. “You don’t have to make me lunch, but I would appreciate a soda. What kind do you have?” Derek’s washing machine was huge. Jordan was able to finish two loads worth of laundry in a single cycle and luckily it all fit into the dryer just as well.

“It’s already made, kiddo. But I have Red Fusion or Sun Burst. Do you like either one of those?” Derek asked, and Jordan could hear the clink of plates.

“Red Fusion, please!” Jordan answered immediately. Red Fusion was his favorite. And he had worked up an appetite...Derek seemed to insist on feeding him lunch and it would be rude to turn him down. He put the last of the first basket in the washing machine and started it before going back into the kitchen. Derek was just setting a can of soda onto a coaster on the dining table when Jordan saw him. There were already two plates set up with a cup of some kind of pink juice beside it. Jordan assumed that was Derek’s drink. He wasn’t sure what was on the plates, but it looked delicious. Some kind of grilled sandwich. Jordan’s stomach grumbled in anticipation.

Without much fuss, he sat down at the table and pushed himself in. “This looks delicious, Derek. Thank you!”

Derek settled in at the head of the table, to the left of Jordan. “No problem, Jordan. I remember my days as a college student. And if I can provide a better meal than hot pockets and instant noodles, I’m happy.” He smiled and Jordan felt a flush stain his cheeks. 

How was Derek so nice? Everything seemed like so much, but Derek played it off as if it were common courtesy. “Still. Thank you.” He wasted no more time as he picked up the sandwich and took a generous bite. A happy sound uncontrollably reverberated from his chest, making his blush darken. Quickly, Jordan put the sandwich down and covered his mouth while looking down at the plate. He forced his bite down and took a sip from his soda. “Sorry,” he chuckled nervously. “It’s very good.”

“Aw, thank you,” Derek smiled softly as he took his own bite. “It was something quick. You ever have a Po’boy before?”

Jordan shook his head, going in for another bite. If he had to describe it, it was almost like a sub sandwich, but there were strips of fried fish fillets inside that Jordan had never thought to put on a sandwich before. It was delicious. 

“I made these with leftovers, but next time I make them fresh, I’ll call you down,” Derek decided. Jordan wasn’t about to complain. “So, how far are you with your homework?”

“Mmm,” Jordan hummed as he took another sip of soda. “I’m finished with this week, actually. I can look over my notes, but I think that’s all.”

Derek made a noise of approval. “That’s great. You must be a good student.”

Jordan bowed his head bashfully. “Maybe. I’m trying to recover from last semester. I was having issues with one of my classes and that spread into multiple. My grades dipped and I have to retake one of the courses, but I’m trying to stay positive.” 

“Problems with a professor?” Derek asked, brow furrowing.

“Kinda? I don’t know. He just seems kind of harsh.” Jordan goes on to explain his entire semester of less than stellar grades and harsh critique. Pretty soon, his entire sandwich was gone and he was still talking, somehow emerging from his shell of nerves. “-And his notes were never constructive they were just telling me he expected more from a college-level student. Honestly, some of my classmates agreed, he’s kind of a dick-” realizing his slip up Jordan covers his mouth as if it would erase it. “Sorry. He’s kind of rude.” 

Derek didn’t seem phased by his slip of the tongue as he collected both plates and stood. “No, I believe you. This professor seems mighty full of himself. If it continues, you should probably talk to an advisor about reporting him. Still hungry?”

Jordan’s brain buffered for a moment at the abrupt change of topic. “Uh- No, no, I’m full. Thank you! That was delicious. Leftovers or no, I enjoyed it.” He smiled at Derek as he watched him rinse off the plates and load them into the dishwasher along with everything he used to cook them. 

“No problem, kid. I’m well versed in hospitality. Now that your homework’s done, feel free to watch some television while your clothes wash. Is it your final load?”

“No, I have another basket in my car, but that’s it.” He assured. “And it’s not a priority to do if you have something else going on, I can go-” He was silenced as Derek raised a hand.

“Relax, kid. I don’t mind you using my washing machine.” He reminded. “Do you need help bringing the basket inside?”

Jordan declined and went out to his car for the final basket of dirty clothes. He brought them inside and set them by the washing machine before going to the couch once more. Derek had already pulled up the home screen where the icons of several streaming services lit up the screen. “Make yourself at home, Jordan. I just have some tidying up to do in the bedrooms. I’ll leave you to it.” Derek said before disappearing down the hall.

Jordan didn’t think much of it as he selected Disney+ and went through the menu. There was a Marvel show he had missed out on and he was looking forward to catching up. Setting the remote off to the side, he reclined on the couch, kicking his shoes off to pull his feet up next to him. Embarrassingly, he was asleep before half of the first episode. The full stomach and calm atmosphere serve as excellent sleep aid.

Jordan awoke sometime later with a heavy quilt covering him up. Blinking in confusion, he examined his surroundings. The television in front of him had a blue ‘Are you still watching?’ Logo on it telling him he’d been asleep for at least an hour. Jordan yawned as he sat up, the quilt falling off to pool in his lap.

“Hey, there.” A low and gentle voice said. Jordan’s head turned quickly to see Derek wearing a small smile as he leaned against the doorway of the living room. “Have a nice nap?”

Blushing, Jordan nodded. How embarrassing, he felt. He had fallen asleep on his landlord’s couch. His laundry needed to be switched out, and here he was snoozing. “Sorry, I guess I was just tired from the food.”

Derek shrugged as he walked over to the couch and sat down. “I don’t mind as long as you don’t mind that I switched your clothes around and folded them up for you. There’s just one load left in the dryer.”

Jordan’s jaw dropped. “Y-you didn’t have to do that! You could have woken me up and I would have done it- I didn’t mean to make you feel like-” Again, he was silenced by Derek’s hand. 

“I wanted to let you sleep, Jordan. I had no problem doing it. It took barely ten minutes.” His voice was calm and gentle. “You can go back to sleep if you’d like. I have a guest bedroom if you’d be more comfortable there?”

“No, thank you, but I’m okay. I’m not tired anymore.” Jordan explained as he slowly started to stretch out his sleep-heavy muscles. As he stretched, he felt the twinge of a full bladder that needed his attention. “Uh…” He started nervously. “Can I use your restroom?”

“Yeah, down the hall, last door on the right,” Derek told him, pointing down the hall. 

Jordan wasted no time as he stood up, already fidgeting. “Thanks.”

The fidgeting only grew worse as he shut the door behind him, suddenly very desperate for the toilet. He stood cross-legged in front of the toilet while one hand grabbed himself and the other struggled to pull down his waistband. It really was a struggle, but he was able to finally relieve himself in the toilet. Jordan sighed in relief, the desperation easing along with it. That was a close call. He blamed it on the soda. Something about red food dye always made him need the bathroom like crazy.

Jordan flushed and washed his hands quickly. He scrubbed the suds in his hand and took a moment to look around. The bathroom was fairly average. The only thing standing out was a cup with no toothbrushes, but washable bath markers on the corner of the sink. A small shelf suction-cupped to the side of the tub held lots of bath toys like rubber ducks and boats. It was odd because Jordan saw no children around. Derek didn’t mention having any...But there was that pacifier on the couch. Maybe he had nieces and nephews? He couldn’t dwell on it much longer since he was sure Derek would come looking if he took too long. So he dried his hands on the hand towel by the sink and headed out the door.

Derek was in the same spot on the couch as he was before, scrolling through his phone. Before Jordan could take a seat again, the dryer buzzed signaling the end of its cycle. So, he detoured into the laundry room, pausing momentarily to awe at his baskets of clean, perfectly folded laundry. Normally, he would throw all his clothes into the baskets and procrastinate putting them away haphazardly until the pile of dirty clothes by his closet looked too bad. But he knew he couldn’t just throw laundry on top of Derek’s work.

So, He took the warm clothes out of the drying and threw them on top of it. Slowly, he started to fold them, not quite managing to get the same perfect folds as Derek did. But it would suffice. Jordan soon took his basket of clothes towards the front door. “Thank you so much for letting me use your washing machine. And for folding my clothes while I slept. And for the food-” Jordan laughed nervously. “Thank you for being so nice, I guess that is what I’m trying to say.” 

Derek stands from the couch and goes to grab the other basket to help Jordan out toward his unit. “Aw, don’t mention it, Kiddo. I wanted to. I know I’m your landlord and all, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not open to being friends as well.”

Jordan felt he could get used to that, actually. When both baskets were sat down on the floor by his bed, Derek turned to head back out. “I’ll let you know next time I make po’boys. And don’t be afraid to say hi if you see me running around. I don’t bite.”

“I’ll do that.” Jordan nodded.

Pretty soon, he was left alone in his space, a small grin on his face and hope for a new friendship.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

From Tenant to Baby: CH 2

A/N: I had half another chapter written already so I figured I should just finish it and post it too while I felt like it. Enjoy!

The next time they encountered each other was a few days later. Jordan was just getting home from his shift at the local theater, and he found Derek in the workshop, sitting at a table and sanding away at a block of wood. Derek turned at the sound of the door opening but smiled as he saw Jordan. 

“Hey, buddy. Don’t mind me, I’m just working on a new project. I won’t make much noise.” He assured. 

Jordan was already halfway up the stairs but found himself stopping. His day was long and his feet were sore, but he had been looking forward to another conversation with Derek since their last one ended. “What are you making?” He slowly sat down on the stair, peering at Derek between the railing beams. 

Derek reached over and grabbed something, holding it up for Jordan to grab. Jordan did so, feeling a smooth textured wood block in his hand. It was dense, but not too heavy to be a burden. Looking closer at it, he could see the letter ‘B’ carved into the sides of the block. It wasn’t painted, but it didn’t need to be for Jordan to know what it was. 

“I do special orders sometimes. A client asked for a full 26 set of alphabet blocks for her little boy.” 

Jordan turned the block over in his hand. The craftsmanship on it was immaculate. No rough edges or barbs left over. No sharp corners. It looked almost like the kind you would buy at the store, minus the paint. “It looks great so far,” is what he settles on saying as he passes the block down again. 

“Thank you,” Derek seemed genuinely pleased with the compliment. “These are one of my best sellers, actually. But usually the clients just commission enough blocks to spell their little one’s name.” 

“So, this is your business?” Jordan asked. They never spoke about what Derek did for a living. Only that he ran a business. 

“It’s a side business.” Derek clarified. “My regular business is a sort of...babysitting service.” Is what he settles on. Jordan just assumes there’s more to it than that and doesn’t dwell too much. 

“Oh,” Jordan replies. “You must be great with kids then.” 

Derek gives a small nod, his smile permanent as he sands at another block. “I like to think so. Which is why sometimes you might see a different car outside my house every so often.” 

“Good to know.” Jordan nodded. It was good to know before he assumed anything drastic like someone breaking in or something. His train of thought was interrupted by a yawn. “I’m going to go to bed now. Or at least try to get a nap in.” 

“Goodnight, kiddo,” Derek said gently as he put the block down and looked up at Jordan. “If you’re up later tonight, come over to my place. I’ll have a dinner plate for you so you don’t have to bother with cooking.” 

That was really sweet of Derek, Jordan thought. “Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.” 

Standing up, Jordan made his way up to his space. The sounds of the sandpaper on wood disappeared as he shut the door behind him and he forced himself to take a shower before flopping onto his bed. He was asleep in minutes. 

________

The next few days passed with the same odd, but peaceful air. Jordan would carry on with his life, only occasionally interrupted by Derek, and when he was, it wasn’t an imposition. A new car pulled into the driveway, just as Derek said it might. But Jordan had his own company. Joseph had been happy to hear about his new place, and after Jordan settled in, he decided it was time to show him. So, after work, he drove by Joseph’s new place and picked him and Heather (the fiance) up. 
They enjoyed his television as he made pasta in the connected kitchen. It was as he was adding the meat sauce to the noodles that he smelled the scent of cigarettes. Looking over, Jordan saw Heather with a cigarette perched in her mouth. “Hey!” He called over, setting the pot down on the stove. “Put that out! That’s against my lease!” 

Heather’s eyes widened as she blew her cloud of smoke into her jacket sleeve. Joseph thankfully took the cigarette and dropped it into his own glass of water to put out the cherry. “Ah, shit, my bad, dude. She’s used to smoking in her own apartment, we didn’t even think to ask.” 

Jordan sighed, dishing up three plates of pasta and bringing them over. “It’s not a big deal…Derek just has this big thing about smoking. He’s been so nice I don’t want to upset him, y’know?” 

Joseph gave Jordan an indistinguishable look that made Jordan stop with a forkful of pasta halfway to his mouth. “What?” 

“Nothin’,” Joseph shrugged, digging into his pasta. 

Heather, it seemed, didn’t have the same reservations as Joseph. “He just seems a little weird.” She admits. 

“Weird?” Jordan asked. 

Heather nodded. “I mean, I don’t know my own landlord by name. And I’ve lived there for years. But from what you’ve told us about him so far…It’s a bit…too friendly?” 

Too friendly? What was that supposed to mean?! “He’s a good guy. What, you think he’s some kind of serial killer?” Jordan demanded, offended on Derek’s behalf. 

Joseph chuckled into Heather’s drink seeing as how his had a cigarette in it. “No, but you’ve known this guy for what? A couple of months? And from what you’ve said he’s cooked you meals, let you use his laundry room, and fall asleep on his couch.” 

“Well-” Jordan stuttered, suddenly glad he didn’t mention the part where Derek did some of his laundries while he slept. “He’s a nice guy. He said just because he’s my landlord doesn’t mean we can’t be friendly…And as far as landlords go, he has stricter rules. So isn’t it a give and take?” 

“...Sure, pal.” Joseph conceded as he ate his food. Heather looked like she wanted to discuss it more, but Joseph nudged her leg and shook his head.

And with that, the conversation finished. Instead, they took to watching a movie before Jordan drove them both home. When he returned to his unit, the new car was still in the driveway. Nervously, Jordan took the leftover pasta from his fridge and brought it down Derek’s door. He set it on the chair Derek took to sitting in and rushed back to his unit. Only then did he take out his phone and send Derek a text that he left said food on the porch. ‘Least I could do with the meals you made me’ He added and forced himself to do a few assignments rather than wait for a response. It was only when he stepped out of the shower that night and went to put his phone on the charger that he saw he had a reply. 

‘Thanks, kiddo! The little one really loved it and it saved me the energy of cooking.’ 

A small grin made its way onto his face. He slept pretty well that night. 

________

On the first of the month, Jordan paid Derek for the unit, and at the same time, Derek invited him over for dinner again. This time, Jordan took to sitting at the bar while Derek cooked. 

“How’s work been?” Derek asked. 

And Jordan went into a deep dive of dealing with annoying customers and cleaning up messes. He continued until Derek was pulling plates down from the cabinet and filling them with the meal. Jordan reached to help carry his own but paused mid-story as Derek kept walking around the bar toward the living room. Hearing the talking cease, Derek turned. 

“C’mon, kiddo. I have some TV trays so we can watch a movie. But keep telling me your story. You said your boss knocked over an entire display?” He prodded. 

Jordan walked ahead then, finding the aforementioned trays by the couch as if Derek had put them there ahead of time. He set them up, one on each end of the couch, the entire time he spoke. “Yeah, it was crazy. A whole shelf of candy was scattered all over the ground, and we had to throw it all away because he felt the customers would be angry to be sold floor candy.” Jordan chuckled at the memory of his boss rushing to apologize to a woman who didn’t care if a sealed box of chocolate-covered raisins hit the ground. 

“Sounds like you never have a slow day,” Derek observed, setting both their plates down before taking his seat. “Any good movies out right now?” 

Sitting down, Jordan shook his head. “Nothing new or interesting comes out until the holiday season. I mean, there are a few interesting ones, but I wouldn’t go see ‘em unless it was Discount Thursday, you know?” 

“Shame,” Derek grabbed the remote and went to the home menu. “Want to pick up where you left off on that one superhero show then?” 

“Yeah, that’s fine with me…” Jordan took a bite of his food, smiling at how great it tasted. “Y’know, if there was something you wanted to see, I get a friend discount. I could get you in with concessions without the unreasonable up-charge.” 

Derek looked over at him with a soft look. “I wouldn’t want to take advantage of you.” 

“Says the man who’s cooked me food, helped me with my laundry, and let me sleep on his couch.” Jordan shot back. “It would be the least I could do.” 

Derek looked back to the television, a redness on his cheeks that hadn’t been there before. “I don’t mind. I like taking care of others…It’s a calling, you could say.” 

The conversation was dropped, but not ended there as the opening credits of the next episode started to roll. The food was delicious, the show was full of laughs, and once again, Jordan found himself falling asleep. A warmth on his hand caused him to crack his eyes open slightly. 

“Hey, buddy,” Derek murmured quietly. “Let’s get you in bed, okay?” 

There wasn’t much fight as Jordan stood, leaning heavily on Derek as he was led, not out towards his unit, but down the hall. Jordan was too sleepy to observe the details of the room, but he was more than willing to slump into the bed as Derek pulled the duvet back. “Do you want to borrow some pajamas, kiddo?” 

Jordan shook his head, more than content with his casual clothes. Soon enough, he was drifting asleep with the duvet pulled up to his shoulder. “Goodnight, sleep tight.” Derek wished as his footsteps left the room. Jordan was already out like a light. 

_________

It was the small hours of the morning when Jordan woke up. Not by choice of course. He was awakened by an awkward feeling of cold around him. Groaning, Jordan sat up, his hand reaching to turn on the lamp that was usually beside his bed. Quickly, however, he realized he wasn’t in his room. He wasn’t even in his unit! Jumping out of bed, the feeling of cold only grew worse. Jordan scrambled for a wall, feeling along until he felt a light switch and flicked it on. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the sudden light, but when they did, he felt a deep sense of dread. 

There was a dark patch across the mattress where he had been laying. The patch was even on the duvet itself and Jordan cursed as he looked down to see, of course, almost the entire front of his shorts were wet too. How could he have pissed the bed?! He was a grown man! A business major, even! He had to think fast. 
He knew where the washroom was, he could wash everything there. But based on the clock on the wall, ticking away, it was 4 am. He wasn’t sure when Derek usually woke up, but he didn’t want it to be before he could get everything washed…

The increased chill on his legs spurred him into action. 

The duvet was the first to come off as well as the top sheet and the fitted sheet. Jordan gave a small sigh of relief that there was a mattress protector on that kept the actual mattress from getting wet too. Jordan peeled that off before dragging the whole pile to the washroom. There was no way he could wash it all at once, but if he were lucky, he could manage it in two loads. He felt bad using Derek’s clothes soap, but there was no way he was running around outside with wet clothes. The duvet was the first load of the washing machine and Jordan stood in front of the washing machine for almost 10 minutes, buzzing with anxious tension. When the anxiety grew too much, he longed for his phone to distract himself. Walking into the living room, it wasn’t on the couch where he left it. Assuming it was in the bedroom he woke up in, Jordan headed there. And of course, there it was on the nightstand. 

Jordan was halfway back to the washroom when he heard a door down the hallway open. Freezing like a deer in headlights, Jordan prayed that Derek was just going to use the bathroom. 

“Jordan?” A groggy, sleep-filled voice called out. “What are you doin’ up this early?” 

Turning slowly, Jordan saw Derek squinting at him through the dimly lit kitchen. His hand flapped out, tapping the wall until it landed on a light switch and turned it on. Immediately, aided by the light, Derek’s eyes dropped to his wet pants. 

“I’m so sorry-” Jordan went to apologize, but he was cut off by Derek giving a sympathetic “Oh, buddy…” 

Tears sprung to Jordan’s eyes, sure he was going to be kicked out. Maybe even evicted. “I don’t know what happened, I’ve never done this before I swear!” He tried explaining. “I’ll clean it up I promise.” 

Derek took several steps closer, raising his hands slowly so as not to spook Jordan, and rested them on his shoulders. “Everything is fine, kiddo. Accidents happen to everyone. I’m here to help.” 

“No- I can do it, you don’t have to-” 

His weak protests were shut down as Derek shushed him. “Shhhh, don’t worry. I’m here to help…I’m not upset.” He added just for reassurance. 

“I’m sorry,” Jordan muttered as he was tucked under Derek’s arm and led back down the hall. 

“There’s nothing to apologize for,” Derek assured. “Let’s get you out of those wet clothes before you get sick, yeah?” 

Soon, Jordan was being prodded into the bathroom with a set of soft pajamas and a towel in his arms. 

“I’ll be right across the hall, kiddo. Come out when you’re ready.” 

And then Jordan was left alone. Shamefully, Jordan could do nothing but force himself to shower, washing away the evidence of his accident. Looking at himself in the mirror afterward, he couldn’t help but think he looked like a child. The Spider-Man pattered pajamas were even a size too big, pooling around his wrists and ankles.

God, what was he going to do? How could he possibly recover from this? 

• Like 18
6 hours ago, Babyjustin25 said:

Very nice story. At first I was thinking of one of my favorite stories room and board by babydoc but this one has a different version and a whole new set of characters. Please keep going. I wonder what will happen with jordan after this. ??

I think I've read that one before. But I've also read A LOT of renter turned baby stories in my day lol 

I hope mine stand out on it's own legs ?

3 hours ago, Pierry Louys said:

Loved this story! Liked the way you are conducting the main character to regress without him knowing!!

Thank you so much! ?

From Tenant to Baby: CH 3

Jordan shuffled out of the bathroom and across the hall through the newly opened door. Derek’s room was well-kept and tidy. The only thing that stood out was the chair by the window that held several large stuffed animals. But before Jordan could look further, Derek was walking into the room as well. He had a pair of black-rimmed glasses perched low on his nose and a book tucked under one arm. 

“Hey, buddy. Those jim-jams fit alright?” He asked softly and Jordan tried in vain to pull the dropping sleeves up his arm. 

“S’fine,” Jordan shrugged. 

“Good. Let’s get you back to bed then. It’s much too early for you to be awake,” Derek placed his book at the end of the bed and once more went to pull the duvet back for Jordan. 

Jordan’s eyes widened comically. “You want me to sleep in your bed?” 

Derek paused, giving Jordan a confused look. “Of course.” 

“I can sleep on the couch, though. Or I could go home.” Jordan stressed. “I just- I just wet the bed in your guestroom. And you’re my landlord!” Jordan was quickly working himself up again. What he didn’t expect, however, was a set of gentle arms wrapping around him in a warm secure hold. Jordan could do nothing but lean into Derek’s arms, pitiful tears springing to his eyes. 

“I’m not letting you walk outside in the dark and cold when I have a perfectly good bed right here. We’re friends, aren’t we? What kind of friend would I be if I let that happen?” Derek rubbed his hands up and down Jordan’s spine soothingly. “Are you afraid that you’ll have another accident?” 

And just the idea that it might happen again, and not just that but that it also might happen in Derek’s bed made Jordan sniffle. “No, no! I don’t normally do this- I haven’t wet the bed since elementary school, I promise. I don’t-” 

“Shhh, buddy, no need to work yourself into a fit,” Derek squeezed him just slightly. “I trust you not to have another accident in my bed, okay? But it’s still very early. I want to get you in bed before the sun comes back up. So let’s agree to talk more about this in the morning, and let’s tuck you in.” 

Jordan felt most of the fight leave his body leaving him pliant for Derek to nudge him onto the mattress. Like before, the duvet was pulled up to his chin. But this time Derek walked around to the other side and settled in, leaning his back against the headboard. The light of the lamp cast a stark shadow over his face as he cracked the book open. “Do you mind if I read out load, kiddo? It might help you sleep.” He offered. 

“M’kay.” Jordan squeaked, burying his flaming cheeks into the soft pillow that smelled like Derek’s cologne. 

Jordan doesn’t think he lasted a full page before the exhaustion of his emotions carted him back to sleep. 
_______

The next time Jordan awoke, he was greeted by the scent of cooking bacon. Yawning and stretching, Jordan slid out of the (thankfully) dry bed and shuffled into the hall. He couldn’t help but stop and peek into the guestroom to surprisingly see the bed fully made as if it hadn’t ever been ruined. Walking into the living room, Jordan could see Derek standing at the stove doing something, presumably cooking. He was humming under his breath that Jordan couldn’t recognize, but Jordan cleared his throat to catch his attention. 

Derek turned around quickly and a smile bloomed on his face as soon as he saw Jordan. “Good morning, kiddo. I’m making pancakes for breakfast. Do you want orange juice or milk with your food?” 

For some reason, Jordan didn’t have the energy to argue about Derek cooking for him again. Instead, he made his way to the dining table and sat down. “Can I have orange juice, please?” He asked feeling lighter than he did last night. 

“You sure can.” Derek smiled softly as he set the hot pan aside and went to the fridge. He grabbed a cup from the cabinet and Jordan could hear him pour it. Derek walked around the counter towards Jordan and it was only as Jordan went to reach for the cup that he realized it wasn’t a cup at all. Well, it was a sippy cup. Derek seemed to realize his own mistake as he held it out to Jordan and he froze. 

“Oh my-” He cut himself off, pulling the sippy cup back. “I’m sorry, buddy. It’s a force of habit. My little ones always start the day with an orange juice sippy…” A red flush sprouted up from his neck. “I’m not making fun of you or anything, I promise.” 

And wasn’t that just the tables turning? Feeling like it was the least he could do, Jordan held his hand out for the sippy cup. “It’s fine. I know you wouldn’t make fun of me like that. You’re already making breakfast… and It’s just us here…” 

Eyes twinkling, Derek held the sippy cup out again. “You’re a good kid, Jordan. A real sweet kid.” The cold plastic shell fit perfectly in Jordan’s hand as he took it. 

Proving his point, Jordan brought the plastic spout to his lips. The orange juice was cold and refreshing to chase away the morning breath taste in Jordan’s mouth. The sound of his sipping was loud in the dining area. Jordan gave a small exhale as he took the spout from his mouth. The entire time, Derek looked at him with an indistinguishable soft look. 

“...I should…get back to cooking.” Derek trailed off, turning abruptly and going to the kitchen once more.
________

Breakfast was a quiet affair, neither one really saying much. It was only as they both stood in the kitchen afterward, rinsing and loading the dishes from cooking into the dishwasher, that Derek asked about Jordan’s work schedule. 

“We have an event coming up. So, I have to work the night shift for the next few days to get everything spotless and set up. My boss is foaming at the mouth and it was either take the night shifts or open.” Jordan gave a shiver. “I hate opening. It makes me too exhausted to do anything else.” 

Derek seemed to make a mental note of that before he started the dishwasher. “Your clothes are in the dryer at the moment, you probably have another hour or so before they’re ready. Think you can stay awake for another episode?” He teased just slightly. 

“Pfft. Staaahp.” Jordan scoffed, blushing at the reminder of his sleepiness But eventually, they did settle on another episode of the show they were slowly making their way through. And when the dryer buzzed, Jordan changed into his previous clothes and left with a promise to Derek that he wouldn’t overwork himself. 

Oddly enough, Jordan found himself better able to focus on work and his classes even with all the stress of the event coming. It was as if the night at Derek’s gave his mind a reset that it so desperately needed. The anxiety he had come to constantly cope with was less than a dull buzz in the back of his mind. 

His grades were steadily improving, his boss was hinting at a possible promotion to the event manager position, and Derek was the careful and considerate landlord he was before. 

It wouldn’t be too long until their paths crossed once more, though. 

________

Jordan was switched to delivery the day before the event. It was a position he knew well but dreaded because it meant going up and down theater stairs all day carrying bags of popcorn and drinks to customers’ seats. He was behind the concessions counter filling tubs of popcorn and restocking his apron with pockets full of straws, salt, butter, and napkins. 

‘Welcome to FlixWorld, are you wanting to print a ticket or purchase one?” The standard box office greeting grate against his ears. 

“I purchased my ticket online. I assume I just need to print it?” A very familiar voice asked. 

Head jerking back, Jordan could see Derek talking to the girl at the ticket kiosk. For a moment, he was embarrassed to be seen at his place of work, but he remembered extending the offer to get Derek tickets before. He couldn’t be mad about the man going to see a movie. 

Quickly, before Derek could start making his way over, Jordan slipped his employee card to Kathy at the register. “Kat, that guy at the kiosks is a friend of mine. Give him my discount, please.” He explained, receiving a thumbs up before going back to his cart. 

The hum of the slushy machine was loud in his ears and it was only later as Kat slipped his tag back around his neck that he realized Derek had come and gone. He didn’t have time to dwell as his pager started to vibrate in his pocket. “Ugh, Kat, I’m due in theater 4. Can you get the door?” 

The cart was heavy and it was a battle trying to get it through the swinging door without knocking anything over. Having Kat hold it open was the only option. Thus began the next 30 minutes of running up and down stairs, handing out drinks and snacks right before the opening credits started rolling. Three theaters later, Jordan spotted a familiar name printed on the ticket stapled to a bag. ‘Derek K.’

Somewhat excitedly, Jordan pushed the cart down the long hall until he got to theater 7. It was their smaller theater which meant he wouldn’t be doing too much walking. And by his own organization of the cart, There were only two orders in a higher row than Derek. They weren’t big orders at all, so Jordan wasn’t too out of breath as he brought Derek’s singular large tub of popcorn to him. 

“Hi, Derek,” Jordan smiled. “Can I get you anything else? Extra napkins? Salt?” 

Derek took a piece of popcorn and popped it into his mouth. “I think I’m good. Are you manning the cart all night?” 

Jordan nodded with a sigh. “It’s not too busy though. And it gets slower the later it gets.” 

“You’re working pretty hard.” 

“It’ll be easier when this event is over and done with.” Jordan gave a small forced smile. “But if that’s all, I’ll be on my way.” 

“Oh, wait!” Derek called, digging into his pocket. Jordan stays long enough for him to pull out a folded five dollar bill and hold it out for him. “Your tip.” 

Jordan winced. “We aren’t allowed to accept tips. But thank you though!” Just then, the pager in his pocket started to vibrate. Pulling it out, He saw the number 11 flashing across the screen. “I have to get going, it was nice seeing you, Derek!” 

Derek said something, but by then Jordan was closer to the speakers and the previews were quite loud. He gave one final wave at the bottom of the stairs to Derek before pushing the cart along once more. This continued on for most of the night until, finally, he was allowed to take a break. When he came back, he spent the rest of the night until 1am cleaning each theater and shutting down the popcorn makers behind the counter. 

He went home that night and barely made it up the steps. As much as he wanted a shower, his bones ached for sleep. Jordan was only glad he had the autonomy to take off his uniform before flopping onto the bed and passing out while curled up to his pillow. 

______

The dream he had was amazing. In this dream, he had drawn himself a nice warm bath in one of those large claw foot tubs. The steam rose in the air and the water was his favorite temperature. Dipping his fingers in, The warmth traveled up his arm. From there, Jordan didn’t waste much time before slipping under the water and suds. A peaceful sigh left his lips. 

Pretty soon, however, his dream was interrupted by a dreadfully familiar chill. 

Jerking up from bed, Jordan found the sheets wet. This time, it was in his own bed. Horror clung to him as he surveyed the damage. How could ge manage to lose control again?! And this time it wouldn’t be as simple as putting them in the washing machine himself…

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Eagle0769 said:

The story is progressing well/good? I like the flow of it and pace. I'm confused about what his job is in theater. He has a pager and orders in his cart. What kind of theater is this?

This theater was modeled after the one I worked at when I started writing this story about a year ago. I no longer work there, but we had a position where people could order concessions from their seats/if they didn't want to carry all their snacks to their seat, someone would bring them to 'em. You'd take a large cart, load it up with orders, and go theater to theater. 

The pager was a bit of an exaggeration. Usually the person running the cart would just have a timer on their phone for when the next theater was finished seating. 

And at the theater you would be crosstrained for every position. I marketed Jordan as someone who's been in the same job for quite a while so he has a lot of responsibility. 

Event manager was also an actual position at the theater I worked at. It was brutal ?

44 minutes ago, Babyjustin25 said:

Interesting chapter. I am wondering what could cause the sudden the bedwetting??? 

We shall see :3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Tenant to Baby: CH 4

Jordan was NOT going to sneak into Derek’s house to wash his pissed-on sheets, he decided. Not only was that a crime, but it would ruin any kind of trust the two had for each other. So, he instead balled up the dirty sheets and blankets and shoved them at the very bottom of his dirty clothes basket. There was a wet patch on the mattress that he tried to spray and dab up as best as he could before he showered. His own wet clothes went on top of the sheets. Taking a spare blanket from his closet and his pillow from the bed, Jordan went to sleep on his couch for the rest of the night. The theater event would require his full attention. He had to be on top of his game. 

The next morning he woke and quickly loaded his basket of laundry into his car before Derek could see and offer his washer again. He drove a bit farther than his usual laundromat and chose the washer in the far back corner. He didn’t have much time to waste as he rushed through washing and drying the sheets and went back home. With the basket in his arms, Jordan rushed up the stairs into his unit even as he heard the sounds of a drill in the workshop below. 

“Jordan?” A voice called after him as the drilling stopped. 

“Hey, Derek!” Jordan shouted down. The basket was thrown off to the side. He had no time to make his bed if he wanted to grab a coffee before his shift. “Sorry, I can’t talk right now. I have that event today!” 

“Oh, that’s today?” Derek noted as Jordan threw on his uniform frantically. Thankfully, his hat covered his short brown hair so he did not need to style it. 

“Yep! And I have to go in early to help set up.” Jordan grabbed his keys and wallet and nearly tripped down the stairs on the way back down. Only Derek’s firm grip on his arm at the bottom of the stairs saved him. 

“Woah there, slow down, kiddo. The theater will still be there when you get there.” Derek chuckled and Jordan would usually love the chance to chat but he really couldn’t. Reflexively, he leaned over and wrapped his arms around Derek’s waist in a quick hug. “Sorry! I gotta run.” 

It was only as he was pulling down the driveway that he realized he had hugged Derek so casually. As if they were best friends or even family. It had just been instinct, like saying “Love you, bye” when hanging up the phone. Face stained red from mortification, Jordan peeked into the rearview mirror. 

He could see Derek leaning against the outside door of the workshop, a small smile on his face with his arms crossed over his chest. And Jordan pushed the embarrassment away to deal with later like every other inconvenience of that morning. 

The theater was bustling as Jordan made his way inside. Managers ran around with clipboards while concessionists were filling all the displays with freshly popped popcorn. Jordan had barely made it inside before someone was calling his name. 

“Jordan! The ticket printer is jammed!” 
“Jordan I can’t find the other box of Sour Worms!” 
“Jordan, what time is the first showing?” 

Jordan wasn’t able to stop from the moment he set foot in the building. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another. The delivery team was out of bags, the slushie machines needed more syrup, and nobody could find Dustin. And the first showing hadn’t even started yet. The managers for their part were doing their best. Merchandise was stocked expertly, the token machine in the arcade was refilled, and every station had at least three radios. Guests were already arriving and Jordan gave them all his best smile as he directed them to their theater. “Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your entertainment experience out of this world!” He gave the slogan of the theater before ducking back into the hall. 

Whitney, the lead floor manager, made a beeline for him as soon as she spotted him. “Jordan! Thank god. I need you to help me move a banner in front of theater 12.” 

Jordan sighed, but did as she asked. The banner wasn’t heavy, just awkward to move. And as it settled back into its stand, Whitney patted him on the back. “Thanks! Everyone’s running around like headless chickens, it’s hard to find any help right now.” 

“Well, things would be easier if we had an event manager.” Jordan reminded. “Has Trevor told you guys about it at all?” 

Whitney brought her clipboard up to cover her smile. “Maaaaybe.” She teased. “But I’m not allowed to say much.” 

Jordan gave her his best pout. “Whitney, c’mon. I’ve been working my fingers to the bone for days on this event because I thought it would give me an advantage.” 

She threw her hands up in an exaggerated shrug. “All I can say is that they’ve narrowed down the pool to two candidates…and you might be one of them. But you didn’t hear that from me.” She placed her finger over her lips in a ‘shush’ gesture. 

“My lips are sealed.” Jordan agreed, feeling excitement shoot through his veins. 

“If it were up to me, I would have given you the position months ago. But you know how Trevor is-” 

Speaking of Trevor, the man, the myth, the legend himself appeared from around the corner, swaggering down the hall. His eyes tracked over the halls until they landed on the two of them. “Ah! There you kids are. Jordan, come with me. I have a task for you.” 

Inwardly, Jordan groaned. Trevor’s tasks were always unreasonably difficult. But outwardly, Jordan smiled. “Sure, what do you have for me?” 

“That’s what I like to hear!” 

6 hours into his shift, Jordan was exhausted, but finally able to have a break. Things weren’t seconds away from collapsing which allowed him to rush off to the bathroom. His bladder had been steadily filling due to the quick sips of a soda he had stashed under the ticket podium. He had been doing a potty dance for the past hour already. After washing and drying his hands, he took a moment to pull out his phone. Besides the usual notifications from social media, and Joseph sending him memes, there was a new text. From Derek. 

‘Hey, kiddo. I’m sure you’re busy working right now but I’m in the area and was wondering if you wanted some of this baked mac and cheese I made. I know you have work up to your ears, but surely they’d give you a lunch (dinner?) break?’ 

Jordan’s stomach growled immediately. He had nothing but caffeine-filled liquids all day and had been planning on snacking on some free employee popcorn, but to have actual food made him almost salivate. 

‘Omg u r amazing. I’m actually on my break right now if ur still around?’ 

He stood in the bathroom for only a minute before he received a reply. 

‘I’ll be there in 5. Do you want to sit in my car while you eat or is there a breakroom?’ 

‘I wouldn’t want to be a bother…’ 

There was a breakroom. But it was pretty small and the tables were always vaguely sticky…

‘Nonsense. I’ll park in the back.’ 

5 minutes later, Jordan watched as Derek’s car pulled into one of the parking spaces near the back door. Jordan could immediately smell the mac and cheese as soon as he climbed into the car, causing his stomach to growl once more. 

“Sorry,” He apologized. “Just been too busy to eat today.” 

Derek handed over a Tupperware container that was perfectly warm to the touch and a small plastic fork. But his face pinched. “Kiddo, that’s no good. It’s important to eat at least twice a day. Especially with a job that keeps you on your feet.” 

Jordan looked at his lap, properly scolded as he popped the lid off the container and scooped in a bite. “I know…Jus’ been busy. I really hope I get this promotion.” The mac and cheese was heavenly in his mouth, even with the scolding. 

“It’s okay, buddy,” Derek assured, passing over a chilled bottle of water. “It’s mostly just the mother hen in me. It makes me a worry-wart.” 

“No harm. Jus’ makes you really good with kids, right?” Jordan suggested in between bites. 

“I supposed that’s true.” But Derek was smiling as he watched Jordan enjoy the meal. “Do you stay late tonight?” 

Jordan waved his hand in a so-so gesture. “Til 10. That’s when the last show starts. And then I’m off the next few days.” 

“Ah,” Derek smiled. “That’s good then…planning on sleeping in?” 

A fervent nod. “As much as possible.” 

Derek laughed, a warm, soothing sound as Jordan ate. “Staying caught up in school?” 

“Yeah, it hasn’t gotten too crazy yet. It’ll really help if I can get the promotion, though.” Jordan reiterated. “Better pay, fewer hours, gives me more time to study for exams.” 

“Well, I filled out one of those customer surveys on the receipt and I made sure to mention you by name. So, hopefully, that helps.” 

“Aw, you did?” Jordan was touched that Derek would go out of his way for that. But he shouldn’t be too surprised. Derek was just a great guy in general. 

“Of course. Good work deserved to be rewarded.” Derek clasped him on the shoulder and Jordan found his face heating up. It was then that his phone started to ring loudly. Checking the caller ID, he saw Trevor’s name and pressed answer with confusion. “Hello?” 

‘Jordan where the heck are you?!’ 

Jordan winced. “I’m out back on my break. Why what’s up?” 

‘Break? I didn’t authorize that. Get back in here, we need someone to seat theater 6!’ 

“Can’t Dustin do it? He got back when I left.” 

‘Excuse me?’ 

Jordan froze, realizing how dangerous it was to question Trevor today of all days. “Sorry. I’ll head back in right now.” 

‘See to it that you do.’ 

The line beeped in his ear and Jordan regretfully put his half-eaten meal on the center console. “Sorry,” He repeated for Derek. “I’ve been called back in. It was really good though. Thank you for bringing me lunch- Or dinner, I guess.” 

“Come by my place when you get off and I’ll have more ready. You need a good meal.” Derek said, garnering no argument. 

Jordan scrambled back inside, seeing Trevor standing by theater 6, smiling at customers as he checked their tickets. As soon as Jordan met his eye, Jordan knew he needed to be on his best behavior. Trevor had been known to enact punishments in the smallest, pettiest ways. “Hello,” Jordan greeted the guests approaching with a forced smile. “Can I offer to help you two ladies to your seats?” 

The two elderly women giggled at each other before nodding. “That would be lovely.” One of them nodded and took Jordan’s arm as he offered it. Trevor took the chance to walk off, dipping into the managers’ office. Jordan only hoped he wouldn’t be in too much trouble. 

_________

Jordan was dead on his feet as he got out of his car. Part of him thought about going up to his unit and just flopping into bed, but he could see that Derek’s lights were on the inside. Part of Jordan felt guilty at just the idea of leaving Derek waiting for him. So, He tossed off his hat and shuffled up to the door. Three gentle knocks and not a moment later, the door was swinging open. 

“Come on in,” Derek coaxed, leading Jordan directly to the bar with a hand on his back. Jordan soon found a bowl of mac and cheese placed in front of him along with a cup of juice. “If you’re still hungry, there’s plenty left over. Or you can take a shower and change into some jim-jams.” 

Jordan groaned at both the thought of a hot shower and the delicious food. “God I need that.” 

“It’s ready when you are.” 

________

Later, as Jordan pulled up the sleeve of yet another set of oversized pajamas, he whispered. “I really should just go home.” 

“I won’t stop you, but I’m curious as to why,” Derek admitted while he turned down the duvet in the spare room. 

“What if it happens again?” Derek wasn’t aware of his accident last night, But Jordan didn’t think he could handle it happening again. 

Derek pulled him into a gentle hug, allowing the student to melt against him. “I’ve dealt with accidents plenty of time. I have solutions. But-” Derek pulled away and tilted Jordan’s chin up to meet his eyes. “If you just want to chance it, that’s okay. If you have an accident we can just wash the sheets.” 

“...What solutions?” 

A small smile pulled at Derek’s lips. “I’ll be right back.” Jordan sat on the edge of the bed and relaxed backward to lie down. But it wasn’t long before Derek was returning with several things in his hands. “Now, you don’t have to do anything you’re uncomfortable with.” He reminded as he started to lay things out. 

The first thing that caught Jordan’s attention was the pull-up. It was folded up, at first he thought it to be a diaper, but there were elastic sides instead of plastic tapes. Beside it, was a large pad with a corded speaker hooked up to it. The last option looked something similar to a dog piddle pad. 

“These are night padding,” Derek pointed to the pull-up. “You can wear it and throw it in the trash in the morning. You don’t even have to tell me if you're wet. Just tie the trash bag and throw it in the kitchen garbage. I’ll take it all out in the morning, anyway.” 

He points to the speaker pad. “A moisture censor to wake you up and remind you to go to the bathroom. I wouldn’t recommend it. It disrupts sleep.” 

Finally, he motioned to the piddle pad. “Something to protect the sheets. There’s still a chance for a leak, but it can work.” 

Jordan’s lip poked out in a small pout. He was just exhausted. Part of him didn’t even want to make this choice. It was mostly just a choice of how willing he was to chance ruining Derek’s sheets again. Looking up at Derek, Derek seemed to understand. 

He reached over and grabbed the pull-up from the bed before handing it to Jordan. “I’ll put everything else away while you change. Climb into bed and I’ll come tuck you in.” 

The pull-up was weird, was the first note Jordan had. It slipped up his legs much like underwear and settled over his hips. But the elastic sides squeezed his hips securely, letting him know there would be no leaks. There was no mirror in the room for Jordan to see if he looked as ridiculous as he felt…Jordan pulled his underwear up and over the pull-up. It crinkled loudly causing his face to heat up. The pajama bottoms were next and by the time he was crawling into bed, Derek gave a couple of knocks on the door. 

“Ready, kiddo?” He asked through the door. 

“Yeah…” 

Derek came in with his same gentle smile. “It fit alright?” He asked, helping Jordan pull the duvet up to his chin. Jordan could only manage a small nod. “Good.” 

Jordan watched as Derek pulled out his phone from his back pocket. “Left it on the counter,” Derek explained as he connected it to the charger on the nightstand. “Do you want me to read to you again?” 

“M'kay tonight…Thank you though.” 

“Anytime.” Derek’s hands were gentle as they tucked the duvet around Jordan, making him feel ensconced in its warm softness. “Alrighty, phone charging, jim-jams on, snug as a bug in a rug, anything I’m missing?”

“That’s everything I think-” 

“Ah! I know what I’m missing.” Derek interrupted as he leaned over Jordan. His lips pressed against Jordan’s forehead, giving him a delicate kiss. As he pulled away, Jordan had to fight to keep from squirming and ruining Derek’s perfect tuck. “Every sleepy boy needs a goodnight kiss.” 

Jordan was speechless as he watched Derek walk to the door and flick off the light which revealed a small, bee-shaped night light plugged in by the door. “Sleep tight, kiddo.” He said before closing the door mostly, only leaving it just a bit a jar. From his position, Jordan could just barely make out the bathroom light peeking from under the door. 

“G’night…” Jordan whispered after him, finding it hard to stay awake as his eyelids grew heavier. The sleepy haze came and carted him off into a dreamless sleep. Just the feeling of peace and rest…

________

Something was buzzing. Constantly. It was getting on Jordan’s nerves. 

Sleep-heavy eyes cracking open, Jordan whined in the back of his throat. Who in the world was making that noise? Blinking and focusing his eyes, Jordan saw a wash of light on the ceiling. Looking over, he saw it was coming from his phone. He hated ruining the snugly tucked duvet, but he needed an arm free to reach for said device. 

The screen was bright in his eyes as he scowled at it. His finger was deftly pressed against the sensor on the back to unlock the phone with his fingerprint. As the screen unlocked, he could see several icons coming from his texting app. However, before he could read the onslaught of messages, something else demanded his attention. 

Apparently, he had woken up right before his bladder had a chance to release itself. But it demanded he goes to the bathroom now. Whimpering, Jordan threw the duvet off and dropped his phone back onto the nightstand. His feet shuffled against the soft carpet as he made his way into the hall. Most of the house was dark except for a light on in the kitchen and the light in the bathroom. 

Jordan stood in front of the toilet, pushing both his underwear and pull-up down just in time for his bladder to give, shooting a strong stream into the toilet bowl. He promised himself then that he would lay off all the soda at work. It couldn’t be good for his health, but also could have been a factor in his sudden bedwetting. 

By the time he had washed his hands and gone back to the guest room, he had lost all interest in seeing what had caused his messages to explode. That was a problem for future Jordan. Instead, he flopped back onto the mattress, burying himself under the duvet. The secure tuck wouldn’t be achieved again, but Jordan was still tired enough to fall asleep in moments. 

________

The next morning, Jordan woke up to a dry pull-up and the sounds of cooking in the kitchen. He couldn’t help but smile, feeling more rested than he had since the last time he spent the night at Derek’s. He stretched, languishing in the way the tension leaked out of his muscles leaving him a pile of limp noodles. 

Finally, as he heard Derek starting to pull plates from the cabinet, he motivated himself to get up. Jordan made sure to grab his phone from the nightstand, absent-mindedly unlocking it as he walked into the living area. 

“G’morning, Derek,” He said, smiling shyly. 

Derek looked over his shoulder at the approaching boy, a smile of his own stretching across his face. “Good morning, buddy. I was just about to come to wake you. Go claim a seat at the table and I’ll bring your breakfast in a sec.” 

Not needing to be told twice, Jordan took his usual seat to the left of the head of the table. He brought his phone up to his face and opened his messages. 

‘I’m so sorry, Jordan.’ Whitney texted. Sorry for what? 

The next few came from the few group chat he was in for the various stations at the theater. 

Concessioneers ;3
‘OMG HIM?!’ 
‘What is Trevor thinking?’ 
‘We’re not gonna make it a week I swear.’ 
‘I feel so bad for Jordan. Do you think he’s seen yet?’ 

Box Baybees
‘Bro you have got to be joking’
‘It’s not even April why’s Trevor pulling jokes’
‘He really chose the mfer who can’t remember the code to the janitor closets?’

Ushers Ushers Ushers Aw Man
‘...’
‘I can’t.’
‘Guess who just put in their two-week notice!’ 
‘I am right behind you’

Feeling dread pooling into his stomach, Jordan arrived at two emails from Trevor. One email was a general announcement addressed to the entire staff, and one was to him personally. 

‘I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your hard work during the event last night. You all were awesome. I’m still getting praise from the guests. I realize this email comes at a late hour, but I wanted to make a small announcement in the wake of such a successful event. As you all know, part of the challenges we faced during this event was because of our lack of an Event Manager. The other managers as well as myself have kept our eyes open for likely candidates for this position and I am happy to say, I have made the final choice.’ 

‘I would like you all to welcome your newest manager: Dustin Porter. He begins his probationary period starting tomorrow morning and I want you all to be patient as he learns the ropes and respect his authority as it stands. Thank you all again, and have a great night!’ 

Jordan felt frustration and anger build in his chest. He shared the sentiment of all of his coworkers. He had no idea who was the other candidate this entire time. And to find out it was DUSTIN out of everyone was a stab to the heart. He had trained Dustin. Dustin was the type to disappear for an hour at a time with no note or notice as to where he went. He was irresponsible, he was lazy. Jordan couldn’t think of a WORSE manager. 

He could vomit, he felt that upset. But even so, he clicked over to the personal email. 

‘Jordan, I’m sure you’ve read the other announcement before reading this message and I wanted to touch base with you because I’m sure you feel negative about my decision. It was a tough call, but in the end, I decided to go with the candidate who had the higher customer interaction score. That is the key quality I feel an Event Manager should have. Not only that, but I feel your performance on the sales floor is too valuable to lose. If I were to give you the Event position, it would lower your hours which leaves us short-staffed when it comes to available veteran floor staff. I hope you understand and can respect my choice, as it was my choice as the GM of this location. Let me know if you have any questions, but know the choice has already been made. Your GM, Trevor.’ 

“Oh, bud, what happened?” The voice shook Jordan from his spot frozen at the table. And only then did he realize tears had started to fall down his cheeks. Derek stood with plates in hand frozen in the entryway to the dining area. 

Sniffling, Jordan reached up to wipe his tears away with his fist, but the more he wiped them, the more they came. He felt childish for crying about a job position, but he had worked so hard. He felt as if he were a given. Not only him but most of the other staff too. Even the MANAGERS felt like he was going to get the position. Deep down, Jordan knew this was Trevor’s petty revenge for questioning him last night. Lip trembling, Jordan spoke. “I didn’t get the manager position. And-” He took a shuddering breath. “Trevor chose the worst person ever to be the manager. I trained him and he’s still incompetent most of the time.” Jordan’s voice rose in volume but shook heavily. “And he told me I was too valuable on the sales floor to promote.” 

Derek was quick to put the plates down with a clatter on the table before swooping down and pulling Jordan into a hug. “Oh, buddy. I’m so sorry.” 

And maybe it was the early hour. Maybe it was the stressful night before. Or maybe it was Derek encouraging the vulnerability, but Jordan found himself sobbing. He felt stupid crying over a promotion. But he had worked hard for months. He had applied for FlixWorld all those years ago because of the opportunity for promotion. But here he was being told he was ‘too good’ to promote. 

“Baby, it’ll be okay,” Derek tried to encourage, but Jordan just shook his head from where it was buried in his shoulder. 

“No, it won’t!” 

A/N: Writing is my outlet and this story is my baby rn. So have a sad chapter while I try to figure my own stuff out. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

This chapter was so real and brutal because in real life not always we get what we deserve ! And his manager was mean and ruthless when he don’t give him the job and say the motive is so he can’t lose a good employee! So in my opinion Jordan has to quit and maybe find a job that help him with his inner self like being a daddy little helper rsrs 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Eagle0769 said:

It's a great chapter with lots of love from a man who is his landlord. My problem is that you are still having a problem. Talk to someone do not handle this by yourself. 

I appreciate your worry. I have a few people I've told the specifics and they've all offered to help in anyway they can. I'm tentatively optimistic about the future right now though. 

Without going into detail, my living situation was a bit rocky due to some recent betrayal. I thought I would have to couch surf for a few weeks but, good news, I was just given a move in date for a really nice place on Monday. So things are looking up. 

I thank everyone for hanging around and wishing me well ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Lavellan said:

I appreciate your worry. I have a few people I've told the specifics and they've all offered to help in anyway they can. I'm tentatively optimistic about the future right now though. 

Without going into detail, my living situation was a bit rocky due to some recent betrayal. I thought I would have to couch surf for a few weeks but, good news, I was just given a move in date for a really nice place on Monday. So things are looking up. 

I thank everyone for hanging around and wishing me well ?

So happy to hear this !! 

• Like 2
  • Lavellan changed the title to From Tenant to Baby (Updated 2/28)