LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz Critter Caboose Review

Rearz Critter Caboose printed diapers fall into the "Super Duty" category within the Rearz hierarchy, allegedly possessing more than 7000 ml of capacity. Anyone who has worn diapers for more than a day knows that those "ISO" numbers are useful for comparison purposes, but like electric vehicle range estimates, your actual range is likely to come in well under the number on the label. So, I did not get 7 liters into it (almost 2 gallons!), but, like any of the industry's heavy hitters, the Critter Cabooses hold a lot. For all practical purposes, any additional capacity would be useless, at least to me, because by the time I got to the point where I thought I might be pushing the product to failure, I'd been in it for 16 hours, and it was so swollen that I couldn't leave the house, as I was waddling like a toddler and looked like a Teletubby. 

These are a two-tape-per-side, tabbed diaper with a reinforced landing zone across the front for easy repositioning. I found the tapes to be more than adequate, holding their positions tenaciously, and allowing for repeated re-tapings. 

The main feature of these diapers, beyond their capacity, is their "position printing", wherein the images appear in the same location and orientation on each diaper, rather than being randomly distributed across the cover. This is more technically challenging from a production standpoint, because the coversheet of plastic needs to be precisely positioned before the stuffing and inner liner are applied. Baby diaper manufacturers have had this capability for years, but it's relatively new to ABDL products, allowing them to mimic the look of premium brand baby diapers. The ABU Little Kings are another example.

I liked the look of the size best suited to me, being XL (more on that anon). Most of the cover looked like it had dots applied to it with a Sharpie, except for a band at the top of the front that featured all of the characters riding in rail cars, and, in the case of the XL's, a big panda on the back, itself wearing a diaper. The entire print was also framed by a rounded outline that was very Pampers-esque. The print failed to raise the eyebrows of my long-suffering spouse, however. But I thought it was cute and well-conceived. 

One note I wanted to make, for any of you who have noticed the new Rearz sizing guidelines, which have reduced the "L" size range a bit for the next-gen products, like these Cabooses, and the new Lil' Monster diapers, and some others: the L size is definitely smaller. Some of this has to do with the actual size of the entirety of the diaper, which has shrunk a bit, specifically in width, but the landing zone has also moved inward a bit from the outside edges, so if you were one of those people who parked your tabs close to the edge in a size L, you'll be able to wear the new size, but you will not be able to move the tabs around without risking ripping the cover. I'm an XL in these Critter Cabooses, where I was buying the previous generation Lil' Monsters in large. Double check that sizing guide before you order 3 cases of 36 diapers in the wrong size. If in doubt, go up a size - your Caboose is going to look XL, anyway, once you've used up a significant portion of this diaper's generous capacity. 

• Like 1