LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Part 25

As I walked to the kitchen table where a bowl and several packs of cereal were waiting I saw both Gran’s and auntie’s face light up when they saw what I was wearing.

“Oh Jason,” aunty said as she patted my bum and brushed over the slinky pink plastic, “these bring back some memories.”

“Thank you Jason,” Gran beamed, “it’s like how things used to be. I’m so happy if this means you’ll be staying with us.”

I nodded but mum answered for me. “Yes mother, we’ve both decided to take you up on the wonderful offer.” She ruffled my short hair as I poured some Corn Flakes into the bowl, “He loves his room and thinks he’ll be happy here... I think we all will.”

Gran couldn’t help herself and let out a little squeal of happiness as she clapped her hand and came around to hug us both. “I can’t wait for both of you to get settled but, in the meantime, is there anything else I can get you both?”

#

As I sat enjoying the Flakes I got to thinking about all that was going on around me, and I didn’t mean just at the table. For one, what was ‘little space’, why had they gone to such lengths to re-create a kid’s bedroom and why were they so happy to see me wearing nothing but a nappy?

Mum, and Granny to a certain extent, had tried to explain things but there was still a nagging doubt that something, as far as I was concerned, just wasn’t right. Like how come I ‘happened’ to lose my job just at the time Granny wanted us to move back? Why had Tom...?”

Actually, at that moment I knew I’d go mad if I tried to make sense of any of it.

The thing was I did like my basement bedroom, the electric train set had been an absolute joy. In fact, before dad died we’d planned on getting one because he liked them as well. He laughed conspiratorially and said it was something we could add to and have a fantastic railway system to take us anywhere. Meanwhile, I thought perhaps the only thing that was better than that, was my room at home full of nappies where Billy and Mark could come and play.

There you go... play!

That, I assumed, was what was meant by ‘little space’, where I felt comfortable playing instead of working as a Junior Lab Research Assistant. Mum also said that she was pleased I went to my job wearing a nappy because she knew there was still her ‘little boy in there’. Over the years, and what seemed more recently, mum had asked if I liked wearing nappies and obviously, if you’ll pardon the silliness, from the moment she’d bought some I’d happily slipped into wearing them. I couldn’t escape the fact that wearing them made me joyful.

Perhaps Gran was correct; mum did know me inside-out and better than I knew myself.

#

I finished the bowl and Gran whisked it away to be washed up, whilst at the same time telling me there was plenty to watch on TV as she’d got all the latest channels for my enjoyment, and of course there was a load to discover down in my room.

As I exited into the sitting room where the large TV was situated I heard mum call after me.

“Let one of us know when you’re wet, we don’t want you to get a rash now do we?”

Mum has been saying that for years, why did she feel the need to remind me now, was it for my benefit or the others?

Of course it’s because I usually use my nappy these days but that was at work I think I can get to the loo if need be. However, I am wearing a nappy so a case could be made for - what’s the point?

A couple of other things flashed into my mind like... I’m not at work now so should be able to use the toilet as normal... so why then hadn’t I? I’m not stupid, I have my ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels, so why have I stopped thinking and just let things happen?

Mum had intimated that despite my ‘cleverness’ I still preferred to behave like a kid – thus the nappies. Given the choice of being a grown up or a big kid, she thinks that being a big kid would always win out. I’d tried being grown up and enjoyed it to a certain extent but needed nappies to help me through it. Now, when I thought about it, once again mum was spot-on.

When I turned on the TV I was confronted by an old episode of The Muppet Show, which I was just about to switch over but Kermit caught my attention. When I was a kid I had a whole set of Muppet clothes; t-shirts, shorts, pyjamas, socks and underwear, I just loved the show and all the characters. I even had posters on my wall and whilst I was reminiscing about that I found myself falling back in love with how much fun the show was.

So, there I was, wearing a pale blue t-shirt, a large pink disposable nicely covered in thick glossy pink pants, and enjoying the antics of Kermit, Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy like I had when a toddler. I must have seen the show before because I think they were repeats when I saw them originally but nevertheless were still exciting and funny for a new viewer of Jim Henson’s surreal world.

When that finished there were repeats of Sesame Street and Frazzle Rock being lined up for later in the day and I found myself making mental notes of the times. I changed channels and found SpongeBob SquarePants and on another some really old BBC kids shows like The Clangers. As I shuffled down the channels there were nearly all aimed at kids TV and I looked over to mum who was watching.

“Is this all I’m allowed to watch?” Despite enjoying the show I was annoyed if that was the case.

“Of course not silly,” but without further explanation returned to the kitchen where aunty and Gran were chatting.

#

I was feeling a bit restless so went and stood by the main front window that looked out over to the lake. I’d actually forgotten how fantastic the uninterrupted view was and in the sun, and that time of year, it all was so perfect.

I remembered as a kid that we used to go for boat rides on the lake or dad and Grandad would row us out to the middle and fish, whilst I looked over the side to see if I could spy any and offer advice as to where would be best to cast their lines. We’d have sandwiches and lovely cold drinks and sit out all day watching the other water enthusiasts sailing or in some cases, powering along in speed boats. It was a thrilling day out as was every time I visited. I sat looking out, my nappy and pants billowing around me and nostalgia took over and my mind flooded with loads of similar memories of the fun I’d had in this house.

It was silly really because I hadn’t visited for quite some time. There was no real reason for that it was just a bit of a drive and I had my school mates who I wanted to spend more time with than visiting relations. Anyway, I could feel regret, as well as that creeping nostalgia. Not only that, but then like mum, I felt guilty for not giving Granny enough attention as well as actually missing out on this wonderful panorama.   

A shiver ran down my spine as I searched the horizon for the spot where Grandad and I walked to the highest place on the hills opposite. I remember him saying “You’re a good boy Jason, shall we claim this idyllic place for Granny?” I was proud of making it that far because I was only three or four years old. I had a sense of achievement and with Grandad’s praise ringing in my ear, I squealed a childish “Yes” to his suggestion. I could even hear him making his little speech... it was as if he was whispering it into my ear. I shuddered because it seemed so real that I looked behind to make sure I was on my own.

The more I sat in wonder the more comfortable I felt. Memory after memory kept filling my head and I found myself smiling as I reminisced further about being there as a child. I still could hear the echo of daddy’s and grandad’s voices clearly as we played games in the garden, hiked in the woods or had picnics along the lakeside. They were always cheerful and encouraging... why did we leave this place?

#

I looked down at my padding, the fact I was almost nineteen had no effect, because this is how it was and how it should be. It is when I’m at my happiest and it appears that it makes others happy as well. Hell, it made Billy and Mark happy and the idea of me wearing one even made their parents happy... so why would I not embrace what is essentially me?

I rubbed and stroked, patted and fondled the slinky mass that had, certainly in the recent past, defined who I was. It felt wonderful and the comfort value of the soft padding offering a permanent hug was something I never wanted to lose.

“Do you want you dum-dum love?” Mum asked when she saw me deep in thought.

“Erm, I’m fine thanks, not a care in the world...” I smiled, “except, when will we be going home?”

“Do you want to go home?”

“Well we need to bring some of our things here, clothes, laptop and stuff, and suspect you’ll need to sell the house.”

“You don’t have to go home though, I can do all that. You can stay here and keep Gran and aunty company while I sort things out.”

“Will we be moving that quickly?” I panicked a little.

“Sweetie, I’ve already got things underway... there’s no point in delaying...”

“But, erm, I’d want to say good-bye to my friends and even offer Billy and Mark a place to visit, if that’s OK?”

Mmmm, well I don’t see why not. Your bedroom could cope with as many playmates as you want.”

I looked at mum seriously. “What do you mean playmates?”

She looked confused, “Well isn’t that what they are... mates who you play with?”

“Yes but you make it sound so, childish.” I felt stupid because here I was sitting in a nappy and complaining mum was making me and my friends sound childish.

“I’m sorry sweetheart I don’t mean to make you feel bad. What would you like me to call them?”

Weirdly I was stuck for another expression as the term ‘playmates’ was now all I could think of them as.

“Oh it doesn’t matter.” I said defeated.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t like your dummy?”

Yes please.” I whispered, defeated in my argument.

She had it ready in her pocket and strode over to where I was sitting and instead of passing it to me gently slipped it between my lips.

“There you go love everything’s going to be all right.”

I accepted the soothing latex bulb and took a few welcoming sucks “Fanksh murmms”.

#

The dummy tasted of honey, which was very nice, but as I sucked and looked over the scene outside I watched as a yacht under full sail gently glided behind a small island. I wondered if I should go exploring and find out what was there. Then I had an idea that Billy, Mark and I could do that if they came to visit. I got all excited at the prospect and found myself filling the front of my super pink disposable in anticipation.

With the cover being opaque I knew it wouldn’t leak so didn’t bother to tell anyone what had just happened. I got up and wandered out into the back garden and was surprised to see that there was a lovely old fashioned swing hanging from the branch of a tree.

Granny and Aunty had their backs to me as I approached but caught a little of what they were saying.

“... on the autistic spectrum... known since little... his father knew...”

The conversation stopped and the two’s deep conversation was replaced by encouraging smiles.

“A bit of fresh air and sunlight,” Aunty Jane commented as I wondered towards the swing. “Just what a boy needs... do you need a push sweetie?”

“No thanks I’m fine,” and went and sat on the swing wondering if their exchange was about me or someone else.

I couldn’t quite believe how much fun it was to just slowly sway back and forth. 

I closed my eyes and pushed forward thrusting my legs out as far as I could to gain momentum. The happy giggles came unannounced as I felt myself gaining height with each backwards and forwards swoop. I had visions of going so high that I did a complete loop-de-loop and the thought both thrilled and terrified me. The breeze caressed my bare legs and cooled my nappy, which in exhilaration I’d added to. The wind blew my t-shirt up so my naked tummy was exposed but it felt fantastic. It was almost as if I was being helped by a phantom pair of hands gently pushing on my back. I was flying.

With my eyes closed I could picture daddy behind giving that gentle shove to send me into outer space. Yes, that was it, as a toddler I remembered that was something he’d said as we played on this swing, or maybe a different swing, but I remembered his words.

“Son, you’ll soon be joining the moon and stars if you go any higher.”

I just screamed in exhilaration “Push me higher daddy, push me harder.”

As he did I shrieked with delight.

#

I didn’t loop-de-loop but eventually slowed down and just gently swung too and fro. When I opened my eyes Granny was watching and looked concerned but when she saw I was OK smiled and asked if I wanted anything to drink.

I sat for a moment not swinging at all but full of endorphins that made me feel alive.

“You had me worried there for a while love,” Granny started, “going that high and...”

“Yes it was fun thanks.”

I stood up and it became instantly apparent that my nappy was soaked because of the obvious sag.

“Come on Jason I think it’s time we changed that nappy, it can’t be nice...”

I stopped her from adding more, “Yes OK Gran.” She patted my inflated bottom as I passed and waddled uneasily down to my bedroom.

Aunty Jane was down there emptying the bins she had a plastic bag which I assumed carried the awful evidence of my nappy crimes. I noticed that my bed had also been remade and even some toys I’d left out had been put away. It was all quite tidy.

“Well Jason I see you’ve got another full nappy for me to see to.” She put down the plastic bags and invited me to the changing table.

“Erm, it’s alright aunty, I’ll do it myself.”

Then Gran appeared at the basement entrance and saw her daughter already in situ. “Hah Jane, I think Jason needs a fresh nappy can you see to him please... save me trying to get down these stairs?”

“Sure, no trouble, I was about to do so anyway but can you just check on the potatoes please... just turn them off they should be done by now.”

“OK love” and Gran turned and left.

“Right now mister, let’s get that soaked thing off and you into, well,” she looked at the array before her, “which do you prefer... or would you rather I choose, eh?”

She was patting the padded mat so realised I had no alternative but to climb up and lie out.

“There’s a good boy. Aunty will have you all safe and sorted in just a few minutes, OK?”

I nodded but she also hadn’t changed my nappy since I was a toddler. Then I wondered if that was the case. I mean, they kept saying that every time I visited I ended up running around in just my protection... was that the case every time or only when I was a toddler? Was there some other reason I ran around dressed that way or were they only singling out those times I had?

The thing was, when they said I’d run around wearing just a nappy I could actually visualise doing so. Also, I suppose that even these days, when at home, I spend an awful lot of time wearing only that or just shorts and t-shirt.

Anyway, aunty changing me was going to be weird to say the least and I wasn’t looking forward to it. Unless the idea is, all females in the house would be taking turns at replacing my soggy nappies.

“You know love,” she said looking around the room, “we had so much fun putting this room together.”

Mmm, did you?” I was slightly embarrassed to be talking like this was all normal.

“Yes, mum wanted it to be everything you’ve ever wanted and so, together with your mum, photos from other people’s favourite rooms, a Top 10 most desired items for a boys bedroom and things we just thought looked cute... this was what we came up with.”

I looked around and nodded as my wet nappy was removed.

She chuckled to herself. “You should have seen your Granny crawling on all fours putting the track together and making sure the train set worked. I thought she’d gone mad but knew it was something you’d like. She insisted that the trains should definitely take centre stage in the room and I think she was correct; even I love a little go. She also maintained that the bedding had to be super-soft and found this particular fabric and knew it was just right for you.”

“Yes it’s very ni...”

“Oh love, we’re so pleased you like it all.” She excitedly wiped my naked crotch down and organised the creams and lotions that were destined to follow.

I got it into my head that they’d gone to all this trouble for a child not a teenager. It was stupid because on one hand I was quite miffed that’s what they thought of me and on the other... I loved it all.

Aunty was still smiling as she was dazzled by the choice of nappies. “Your mother really likes these thick colourful cartoon disposables and I have to agree... they look so sweet.”

The fact that I was soon to be nineteen made no difference to her. I had a soaked nappy that needed to be changed and, as I was now going to be a resident of this household, this was how they were going to treat me.

The thing is I wasn’t sure if it was a dream come true or something I should be fighting against... and what was that about someone being autistic?

#

Aunty was so gentle and considerate. Not that mum or Granny weren’t it was just different and I quite enjoyed those subtle variances between the ways my nappy was replaced. Of course I’d thoroughly enjoyed Billy and Mark doing it and it was only after she pulled up the fresh plastic pants to encase the thick fleecy nappy she’d decided on that I realised just how much I loved being indulged this way.

Now, that sounded like I’d just made this discovery but of course that isn’t true because it’s something I’ve always appreciated. I mean I can and do change my own wet nappies, I did it at work, but I prefer to have it done for me. Mum has always indulged me on that, I suppose because she has seen me needing nappies and has been more than happy to let me wear them. I don’t think she’s ever told me to grow up, or not wear this or not suck on that, she’s encouraged me to go with what I felt I needed.

As aunty finished and I thanked her I could feel the modification she’d made to the way the cotton fabric was folded. Apart from the extra soaker she’d added it had been pleated in a slightly different way and she’d found two pins, with plastic yellow duck heads, to hold it all in place. The plastic pants she’d chosen were a dull pale yellow but you could see the pins through the thin fabric.

“Now then, do you want some pants or are you OK as you are?” She asked as she took a final look at her handiwork.

She slid the wardrobe door open and revealed a host of stuff that I had yet to wear.

“Look, some of this is easier to put on than others so why don’t I just pop you in a pair of shorts and t-shirt for the time being.”

She seemed to grab what was nearest and slipped a yellow t-shirt over my head and a pair of beige elasticated shorts that hugged me tightly. She then pushed the hair that had flopped into my eyes away but wasn’t satisfied.

Mmmm?” She thought for a second before finding a comb.

“I can do that aunty,” I said holding out my hand.

“Nonsense, it will just take a second,” she then combed it into a quiff like mum had.

“There, all set now for what the afternoon has to offer. Anyway, lunch will be ready in a minute...” she picked up the bin bags and wandered upstairs.

It was then that I spotted my phone on the charger. I’d completely forgotten about that but noticed it was at 100%, there were some bars (although the area itself was not the best for reception), and I noticed I had two text messages.

The first said TOM – You made the right decision. Xfering me to London.

That was quite dispiriting I hoped for at least an ‘x’ on the end but alas no. Still he had thought to let me know but without any indication I was forgiven or hopefully he thought he’d made a mistake in dumping me.

The next was unknown. I opened it expecting some random invite to buy something or try a new betting app or some such thing bit no – GET IN TOUCH, THAT SWEET ASS OF YOURS NEEDS POUNDING – TERRY again no ‘x’ but very unambiguous.

I caught sight of myself in the wardrobe mirrors - I could have been mistaken for a pre-teen but wondered what Terry would make of me now. Immediately the thought flashed in my head - he’d liked the nappy when we’d met and had happily shagged me in the most enthusiastic way.

My cock went stiff, an orgasmic shiver rippled through my body and spontaneously erupted into the front of my fresh clean nappy. Thankfully, aunty had gone by then because the little rude exclamation that accompanied it I’m sure would have caused comment.

#

I sat on my bed more than a little surprised. Not only about getting such a message but the reaction that followed. This was a huge wrench from the ‘little space’ I’d so easily slipped into, this was grown up stuff. The bed, well, the mattress cover and my plastic pants crinkled as I wriggled trying to decide what I should do. Do I reply and if so did I want to do what he so graphically described in so few words?

There was no doubt that at the time Terry had given me something I didn’t know I wanted. When I’d thought about it after the event I didn’t do much to dissuade him and whilst it was happening I hadn’t thought of Tom until much, much later. He was large, vigorous and took great pleasure in shagging lads. It had been a bit of a surprise when he mentioned a wife.

As I thought about this my hand began to rub the smooth bulge under my shorts. I could feel the sticky deposit against my skin and my arse muscles were tweaking at the memory of what we’d done. The thing is... part of me thought seeing Terry would be too grown up and the other part thought it was time to enjoy that aspect of my life again.

I was drawn out of my confusion by mum standing at the top of the stairs and letting me know that food was on the table. I had no idea if she’d seen me rubbing away or not.

“Well you’re looking very, erm, smart,” she commented on what aunty had put me in. “It’s such a lovely afternoon fancy a trip to the lake later?”

I quite liked the idea of that so jauntily made my way up to join the others. My grown up decision-making was going to have to wait, whilst my childish excitement of possibly going on a boat was far more important.

#

Mid-afternoon and mum drove us all down towards the dock. Passing where dad grew up I saw there’d been some building work. “There seems to have been some dramatic changes, it looks different.”

Aunty Jane said that after several families, the Webb-Taylors lived there now. “Well,” she said sounding a bit annoyed, “it’s there second, possibly third home and they hardly ever use it.”

“Why do I know the name?” I was wracking my brain.

“She’s the doctor off the telly and he has a law firm in Manchester.”

“Ahh,” I added in recognition, “the place looks nice.”

“Yes, they’ve spent a fortune and extended it quite a bit... it’s spectacular inside... they did a great job.”

She wasn’t finished with her opinion of the place.

“It’s lovely inside but really a family should be living there not just two people who occasionally visit.”

I wondered if people had said the same about Gran and aunty in their big house.

#

Mum parked up and the dockside was busy without being overcrowded. Thankfully, the line to board The Gazelle, a relic of the age of steam, was short enough for us all to get on-board as a group. It was a well-kept piece of history that the local sailing club had restored. The ‘heritage’ brass-work shone, the woodwork buffed to perfection and the chrome-work looked brand new. Meanwhile, the satisfying steamy hiss of the engine gave the thirty or so passengers a reassuring look back to - pleasure sailing’s glorious past - well that’s what the brochure believed.

The wooden seating was slick but not the most comfortable and we had to find Gran a more comfortable padded seat inside the cabin. However, like most of the other passengers we were all just thrilled to be out on the lake and taking in the wonderful views as we chugged gently through the water and around the islands. We could even see our house off in the distance and, like a bunch of other kids I was kneeling up on the seating and looking over the side. Several had shouted that they’d seen fish and I was keen to join in the search. Although what strange aquatic species I hoped to see in the murky depths I had no idea.

Well into the voyage I heard a small voice saying “...that older boy’s wearing a nappy.”

It didn’t immediately click that he could have been talking about me. Because I don’t look at myself, what I’m wearing isn’t constantly on my mind and it all becomes normal. I know I’m wearing a nappy and a plastic cover, but I don’t even think about my shorts and jacket because I’m used to it. However, I do forget that with the extra padding and the fact I’m wearing shorts that when I bend over or stretch for things, the waistband or leg-band of my protection sometimes pops into view.

I looked around and saw the boy and his mum smirking a little bit and she had her phone out. Then she put on her serious face and turned him to look out at some distant object that was suddenly of interested.

For a moment I was a little anxious at who else might be looking and as a result a spurt of pee added to the bulk. However, mum was nearby and she broke off chatting to Aunty Jane to mouth the words “You look perfect darling” and smiled a dazzling smile. She immediately put me at ease; although I did turn around and sit down and rearranged my shorts a bit.

It was a lovely trip out and brought back some happy memories and I think it was the same for many of the older people who were on-board with us. As we disembarked there was a lot of happy chat about the experience but, walking along the gangplank I felt a small hand swat my bum. I looked around and it was that boy again... this time he had the cheekiest grin and didn’t seem in the least bit afraid that I might not like having my bum smacked. I didn’t say anything but he was still grinning when he looked back then took his mother’s hand before drifting off into the rest of the crowd. It was a strange experience though wasn’t sure why I’d quite enjoyed it.

#

It had been a rather wonderful encounter and I don’t just mean with the ‘spanking kid’. Gran had thoroughly enjoyed getting out and although was tired had been well treated in the more exclusive cabin for the elderly. She’d enjoyed the company of other, shall we say, more seasoned travellers, who had tales of how the old boat had found a new lease of life from a dedicated bunch of restoration enthusiasts.

I never know what mum and aunty find to talk about but they were in jovial mood from the start and never stopped chattering the entire trip. There had been the occasional look in my direction and, if they saw me looking back, it was followed by a reassuring smile. It was nice.

Meanwhile, I was still trying to fathom out why such a young kid smacking my arse hadn’t infuriated me but then realised, it was because I smiled back. He was only about five or six years old but was testing boundaries and on that occasion he saw a bigger boy wearing a nappy and assumed he could treat him as he would someone on his level (maybe even younger). Anyway, whether this was the case or not I accepted that for him at least this was both a daring thing to do but also cheeky fun, which was the aspect of the act that I found equally amusing.

I think mum, aunty and Gran maybe correct in their assessment - I’m not quite ready to grow up just yet.

# tbc #

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-25

I love the chapter . He is finding the role of the diapered toddler at Grannys house .? :bfdf9a9c5dfa1fcbf66956236b55e339: I think everyone is happy. I can,t wait to read ..more .You have writeing skills

Great skills in you story. :02_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Like 2
  • Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-26

Part 26

When you wear padding, no matter at what age, that cushion of fabric seems to entice others to give it a pat. Mum, Gran and aunty all pat my bum after they’ve changed me, or even if I’m just standing next to them. Of course there’s a general pat, stroke or squeeze when we hug or cuddle. I’m not complaining because for as long as I’ve worn a nappy, or pull-ups or training pants, my bottom has received nonstop acknowledgement that it’s there to be fondled.

When mum and I snuggle she nearly always pats my padded bottom as we talk. It’s part of the intimacy we share and over the years it has become an intimacy others seem to take for granted. The thing is I like that affection. There’s a warmth and tenderness that goes with it that actually over-rides the fact my personal space is being infringed. The fact I am wearing a nappy I suppose subconsciously or not means I want that kind of connection.

I don’t know if it’s just something in people’s make-up because babies wearing nappies are always patted on their bottoms and told what good boys or girls they are. Is it a reflex thing? If there’s padding is it just a natural instinct to pat and enjoy the soft stuffing as much as enjoying the company of a child. Undoubtedly, I could get lost in these thoughts as I lay on the changing table whilst mum cleans me up and puts me in fresh thick night time fortification.

It had been a lovely day but there had been so much going through my brain it was difficult to put it all into context. Tom’s text, Terry’s text, aunty changing me, the boat trip but it was safe to say, what had stuck in my mind the most was when that little lad had spanked my padded butt and got me thinking about all this stuff.

#

“We’ll be going home tomorrow because we need to pack and also I’ve arranged for a couple of Estate Agents to assess the house.” Mum added by way of conversation which took me by surprise.

“Ohh!” Suddenly it was all serious and we were definitely moving. Of course I knew it was happening but now it was real. “What about all our stuff?”

“Don’t worry love, we’ll be there for a few days but I want the house cleared so that any potential buyers have a clean canvas to work on.” She saw I was looking a bit sad. “Oh love, don’t be upset, this is an opportunity...” She was pulling my plastic pants up as she continued.

Unfortunately, Mrs Garfield’s words filled my head “Let’s just say you’re finding new opportunities shall we?” I’m hopeful that mum didn’t mean the same and I was being let go.

“... and then we should get a good price, the market is pretty buoyant at the moment and once we’ve paid off the remainder of the mortgage... we should be left with a decent sum.”

Although I heard what mum said I was really thinking about the life I was about to leave behind. I didn’t realise just how devastated I’d feel but it was like a huge weight was suddenly dropped onto my body and I felt unable to move. My anxiety levels hit a peak and my fresh thick night time nappy flooded.

The sigh that escaped didn’t go unnoticed by mum as she watched all the work she’d just done was made wet.

Thankfully, mum was very sympathetic.

“Oh love, please don’t worry everything’s going to be alright.” She looked sad that I was still uneasy about this move. Despite that she slowly eased down the plastic pants, unpinned the thick soaked material and began the clean-up operation all over again. “I’d hoped you’d come to terms with the move love... but I guess it’s still a little daunting.”

It was and this awful worrying weight had just help expel a gallon of pee I didn’t know was in me. However, I didn’t want mum to think I was scared so pretended it was because of other worries.

“No, I mean, what about all our furniture, and beds and things like that...” I mumbled.

“Well, what we don’t need we’ll put into storage initially, or sell or... we can decide later. I mean all we need to bring are clothes and personal items that we haven’t got here...”

“Mum, erm, what about... erm...” Whilst I was thinking of something else to say she continued to fiddle with the various items available for my comfort.

I ended up with a couple of extra soaker pads filling out a fresh white nappy. It was just as well I was going to bed because, dressed as I was, I doubt I could have gotten up those basement stairs without difficulty.

Actually, once I was helped from the changing table I didn’t go straight to bed I settled down in front of the train set and let my mind wander as they commenced new journeys. The extra padding and soft thick fabric was held tight as mum had thoughtfully pulled a onesie over it all and the press-stud fastening between my legs held it tight against my body. It felt nice. Also, she’d thoughtfully left a new dummy by the side of my bed so slipped that in and could feel the stress slowly begin to leave.

On the platform of the main station amongst all other replica buildings were models of a family; mum, dad, little girl and little boy all with suitcases. In my head I was like them, just about to go on a trip but where to? It was all down to me, I could send them anywhere; with my dummy as a substitute whistle I was the station master, ticket officer and train driver. Their destination was in my hands, I was the master of their adventure and I could have them end up anywhere I wanted.

Mum had gone and I had no idea how long I’d been playing with the trains sending them on incredible expeditions but suddenly realised that I was in charge of my own journey... so I could go anywhere and do anything I fancied.

I sucked hard on dum-dum; maybe I had no worries after all.

#

I heard the creaking stairs but of course there was still no clock in my new basement bedroom but there was light coming in the small ground-level windows opposite.

“Are you awake love?” It was mum’s voice and I stretched and yawned as she approached the bed.

“Yeerrssshhh,” I said around the dummy that I’d found myself already sucking as I woke up just a few seconds before I heard mum taking on the stairs. I stretched and wriggled myself further into consciousness.

“It’s 8:30 and I’d like to get off before ten as the first appointment is around one.”

I took the dummy out. “OK.”

Mum pulled the duvet down and I felt the slight chill of the morning cooling my legs and arms - the onesie not covering them. However, a couple of the studs had come apart and the tight garment was only held on by one stud. I flicked its release and the stretchy material sprung apart making access to my nappy a lot easier.

“How’re you doing this morning?” I knew she was referring to my nappy but as I dipped my fingers under the plastic pants I was able to report I was dry. “Oh well done love... that’s good isn’t it?”

“Is breakfast ready or do I have time to dress first?”

“No love, get yourself ready and I’ll have something on the table for you when you emerge,” she smiled at that word. “Oh, do you want any help?” She reached out to help me out of the onesie.

“No thanks I’ll cope.”

Mum started faffing around and then, as if it was a huge hint to get a move on passed me a fresh towel and pointed me towards the shower.

“I’ll get...” then I heard her mobile phone ring. “Hello.”

I didn’t hear the rest of that conversation as I turned on the shower which drowned it out.

#

Once I’d dried off I was surprised to see mum had not only gone but hadn’t left any items out for me to wear. So, because the choice was mine I flipped through the stack of disposables and settled on one of my nice solid purple ones. Also I remembered it was the type that Billy had worn and taken with him after our session. I knew from experience that they’re very soft, thick and absorbent so, after giving a thorough fluffing out, taped it on. There was a pair of matching soft vinyl pants so pulled them up and then went in search of what else to wear.

Because mum had used a onesie before and it had proved to hold everything nice and tidily I found a new white one in the wardrobe which fastened comfortably between my legs; the lift against my groin was nicely secure. I searched for a pair of jeans or trousers but couldn’t find any though found a grey fleecy jumper with matching shorts and thought they’d do fine.

When I appeared in the kitchen there was tea, toast, local honey, jam and marmalade waiting. Gran and aunty were sat sipping coffee and discussing with mum when we’d be returning.

“Well, I’m not really sure, it all depends on what the Estate Agents say, how quickly we can decide what to bring with us...”

“You have everything you need here.” Gran was quick to point out. She really didn’t want us to go for any length of time but hoped we’d soon be back.

“Well, yes, of course mum but, we have things we need to tidy up and finalise back home and Jason here has friends he’d like to say ‘good-bye’ to... so...”

“Yes of course love,” she reached out a placating hand and saw it was shaking a little. “Sorry, you need to do what’s right.”

“Don’t worry Granny, we’ll be back before you know it and then you’ll wish we’d stayed away a bit longer.” I smiled because I wanted to lift the sadness in her eyes and wondered for the first time if perhaps she might not make it until we return. At that thought I was sad as well.

#

On the drive home I asked mum if Gran’s illness was really that bad, but asked in a roundabout way because I was too scared to say it out loud in case it was.

“Well dear, granny’s diagnosis is terminal but they don’t know how long that will be.”

I felt my heart suddenly drop and found I was fighting unexpected tears. It was silly really because I should have known but I suppose I was caught up with all the preparations aimed at me and hadn’t given enough thought to her.

“Look love I don’t want you to worry...” which was a silly thing to say because as the tears started so did the flood into my nappy. “She’s already confounded the doctors by still being upright and carrying on doing things but it does take its toll.” Mum tried to make light of it but it wasn’t working.

“Is that why she wants me there for my birthday because she doesn’t think she’ll see another one?” I whispered the question, again worried that I might be jinxing things if I said it out aloud.

“Well love, Granny has milestones. Since she was diagnosed she’s used certain points and dates to reach.” I looked at mum and saw it was hard for her to tell me all this. I suppose, because of my anxiety she may well have kept bad news to an absolute minimum. “She thinks by setting these markers it gives her purpose.”

“Is that the real reason she wants us to live with her...”

“Jason, I can’t stress just how much you mean to her, we both mean, but being there even for that short time has lifted her spirit so much. It’s been quite amazing to see just how well she responded to your company...”

Oh mum...” I couldn’t take much more of this news.

Mum reached out and took hold of my hand. I saw a tear in her eye but we drove on in silence. It was a very depressing journey home.

The thing is I was also feeling incredibly guilty. Although the family had made it all about me, there was no doubt that Gran’s state of health would have been obvious to anyone who had eyes. I was so focused on what I wanted it didn’t occur that I was being so self-centred and ignorant to what was going on around me. The fact that none of them had spelled it out was no excuse, I should have been a little bit more sensitive and I hadn’t, as always, it was all about me. The tears fell and when we arrived home I couldn’t wait to go to my old bedroom and finish my shamefaced sobbing.

I was a selfish bastard who only thought about himself.

#

Mum left me in my bedroom to come to terms with what I now knew and had all but fallen asleep when she came up to say that the first Estate Agent had arrived to put a valuation on the house. I checked I was reasonably OK, splashed water on my face in the bathroom but didn’t have time to change my now uncomfortable and very soggy disposable. Despite the onesie I could feel it heavy and damp as the man and woman checked each room - asking mum what we were leaving and what was going. All the kitchen fittings would stay but everything else would be going into storage or coming with us to the Granny’s.

An hour after they left another one arrived. He was young, very cocky and reminded me of Barnsy, I tried to hide myself away but he was the type who thought getting to know people helped his commission. Anyway, I couldn’t escape when he came into the kitchen where mum had made coffee and offered him a cup. He readily agreed and as we sat at the kitchen table he was gently grilling me about school.

Now I know I look like a Year 8 at times but this got my back up; not that he didn’t know but that he assumed something about me. Anyway, I decided to play along and told him I was off because a teacher in the Sex Education lesson had made me put a ‘johnny’ on.

“Oh, that can be a bit embarrassing,” he took the bait, “putting a condom on a banana?”

“We had no bananas so he used me to show the class how it should fit.” I said as innocently as I could.

“You’re joking,” he laughed nervously “aren’t you?”

I looked over at mum, “Mum says I shouldn’t have but the teacher said I was very good at keeping it on... but the Head wasn’t happy.”

Mum was nodding and sipping her coffee.

I watched as he gulped too much of the hot coffee and had a coughing fit.

“But,” I continued, “I’ve been suspended for running around the classroom with it on and offering everyone a chance to feel what it was like.”

“Can’t return...” mum mumbled over her cup and looked ashamed at me.

“Is that why you’re selling the house?” He timidly enquired.

Mum deftly changed the conversation by saying we intended on leaving all the nice and expensive light fittings... and offered to show him the garden.

#

“That was fun.” I said once he’d gone.

“Yes, but that was very naughty... we’ll get a reputation.”

“Maybe, but we’re not going to be here so it doesn’t matter.” I’d enjoyed this silly diversion so was able to make that comment without peeing.

“Anyway, his valuation was more than the others so...” mum looked pleased with what we might get for our home.

Another shot of reality hit me and I could feel that weight returning but we were interrupted by a knock on the front door.

“I’ll get it mum but then I’ll need a change.” I warned.

“OK love, I’ll just wash these few things up then we can decide what we want to take with us.”

It was Mark.

I was a bit shocked to see him without Billy but because he was still in his uniform assumed he was just home from school.

“Come in Mark.”

“I saw the car in the drive and hoped you’d be home. We haven’t seen you for a few days and hope all was OK.” Dressed as he was he looked every inch like a schoolboy from a previous decade.

Before I had chance to say we’d been at Granny’s mum popped her head around the kitchen door. ““Oh hello Mark can I get you a drink or anything?”

“Erm, no thanks, I’ll have to be home soon.” He answered and then spoke to me in a whisper. “Things have changed there.”

“Oh,” was my immediate negative reaction but he didn’t look like it was anything bad.

“After we were here last time and went home with our new ‘padding’,” he was still whispering, “mum saw them but didn’t say anything to either of us.  We were very nervous but just pleased to be wearing something so comfortable after the fabric ones we have to wear.” He moved in closer so his secret was safe. “Anyway, unknown to us she bought some exactly the same. They arrived yesterday.” His face lit up in a huge grin.

“Bloody hell,” I managed to get out, “a miracle?”

The only other time I’d seen Mark look this happy was when he and his brother were in my bedroom and trying on all the different disposables.

“We got in after school yesterday and there were two large packages on our beds and when we opened them we were both shocked to discover the identical style that we’d worn here.”

“Bloody hell,” seemed to have become my stock phrase.

He was almost doing a happy little jig, if you can do that whilst sitting down.

“But,” I added a note of disbelief, “weren’t you wearing those cartoon ones and Billy the bright purple...”

“Yes, yes,” he enthused, “and mum found them online and got us some.”

I wriggled in my own full and heavy purple nappy wondering if Mark was in his cartoon ones.

“Are you wearing them now?” I was more than a little astounded by the news but also wanted to see them in all their glory myself.

“No, mum says we should keep them for special occasions so we’re wearing the usual cotton nappies for school. BUT, mum said that because she assumed you’d given us them in the first place then it must be OK for us to wear them as well.”

He shrugged as if he just couldn’t believe his luck.

“Me?”

“Yes, we told you, these days, according to mum and dad, you can do no wrong.” Mark declared excitedly.

Bloody hell!”

#

Before he went he kept saying how neither Billy nor he could believe it or how pleased their parents had been once they saw how happy and surprised they’d been about their gifts.

“We’ve still got restrictions,” he went on still quite excitable, “and a pile of these cotton nappies but it means we have something to look forward to which we never thought possible.”

All through this I was aware that my soaked disposable was in dire need of a change but was too fascinated in what a volatile Mark looked like. He radiated with enthusiastic excitement.

“Just the thought that we have them and are available...” this time he did do a little jig.

I stopped myself from telling him about selling up and leaving because I didn’t want to bring him down at such news. However, I knew I’d have to tell them both sometime but wanted to be able to back that up with an offer for them to come and stay. For that though, I’d have to talk with Mr and Mrs Edwards face to face.

#

Mum was busy on the phone organising things by the time Mark left and, as I didn’t want to disturb her, I went up to change myself.

I looked around my room and realised that in just a few days this would no longer be mine, my sanctuary and my playground. I looked over at the screen and console where I enjoyed playing video games but had to recognise the fact that I’d had more fun swapping disposables and even playing with the train set than I’d recently had with that particular piece of electronics; the blank screen not enticing me to start the thing up.

It was late afternoon, I’d stripped down, taken a shower and was just deciding what to wear when mum came in.

“Ah sweetheart.” She started checking on the thick fleecy cotton nappies, more or less to get me ready for bed, but checked herself for a moment. “I know it’s relatively early but are you OK with me getting you ready for bed to save time later?”

“Mum I can do it myself... you just get on with whatever it is you were organising.”

“Done that now, there’s a truck’s coming on Tuesday to pack up what we’re not taking to put in storage for the time being. Then there’s Mr Grant coming with a smaller van for the stuff we want at Granny’s. So, everything needs to be packed Sunday night at the latest.”

She said all this whilst folding the nappy and searching for a couple of soakers to go in it. I was holding the cream and powder which she relieved me of and pointed that I should lie out.

Again I was a bit surprised at how quickly mum worked and just how quickly she could organise things. I mean, I’ve lived here my whole life so it was a bit of a wrench to make such permanent decisions but mum was all action and had things under control and arranged. She was very impressive.

“There are a few empty boxes out in the garage to use as well as the suitcases for the more personal stuff. You just sort out you clothes, nappies, toys and any other thingamabobs you think you’ll need. Leave all the other stuff to me because we actually need very little.”

As she spoke she’d already rubbed in anti-nappy rash cream and was haphazardly dusting the area with talc.

“I’ll put my laptop and computer games in the red case...bllluuuchhh,” I tried to clear my throat as some stray powder drifted there. “I suppose I can put some of my books in there as well.”

Meanwhile, as I coughed a little more, mum was slipping a large soft cotton nappy under my bum as we continued with our conversation.

“Yes well, it’s an opportunity to get rid of things you don’t need and to give yourself a fresh start.”

She added the extra soaker pads which spread my thighs a bit. I wasn’t sure just how much I could lose of but she was right, it was an opportunity to rid myself of those things I didn’t really need any more.

“So, when are we going back?” I wanted to know.

There were a couple of pins in her mouth “Newsday.”

She quickly pulled the corners of the fabric and pinned them tightly together.

“So soon?” I was joking because I had no idea what day she’d said.

She nodded and flapped out a pair of clear plastic pants.

“Legs,” she directed and I lifted for her to shimmy them up and over the nice cottony bulk.

“Right,” she said as she let the elastic waistband snap against my tummy (thwack), “that’s one less thing to worry about. Now, I need your advice on what we need to take or store.”

We made a great team and although in some ways I was sad to have to do this mum kept up a humorous discourse on the chance to lose some of the rubbish we’d collected over the years. So for the next few hours we went from room to room, drawer to drawer, cupboard to cupboard marking what we were planning on taking back to Granny’s on Tuesday (yes I decided she meant Tuesday).

Mum patting my slippery bottom once every room was checked. They were moments, especially when she looked in a photo album and saw pictures of dad, her and me on holiday, when we got a bit misty-eyed and stopped for a cuddle. She rubbed my thick padding and told me that everything was going to be alright.

She’d said this phrase a number of times over the past few weeks and wasn’t sure why.

# tbc #

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This story always bring me a smile when i read a new chapter !! Hope mark can visit him in his new home and maybe a sleepover would be so cute see three little boys with his sleepers and puffy bottoms would be so cute 

• Like 1

I think Billy and Mark can come and come to Granny house . Maybe for a birthday party.... with cake , and wearing bibs , playing in the basement . I like the toddler party with bibs and sippy cups . Just a thought.....I love the way you are weighting this .?:paci:

sorry writing this..

• Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-27

Part 27

Everything’s going to be alright.

Why wouldn’t it?

Was I reading too much into a simple expression of compassion?

If so, why had it found a nagging space in my head and taken up occupancy?

#

I was charging around following mum in what seems to have become my uniform. She’d made no effort to make sure I had pants on and to be honest it didn’t really bother me much either. For me, once plastic pants were on and holding everything in place, it was as good as wearing shorts anyway. Well that’s as I saw it.

She asked about Mark’s visit and, because I wasn’t sure how much, if any, of what was said she knew about I told her the latest development in the Edward’s household.

“Good heavens,” mum concluded, “you’ve certainly made your mark there.”

I wasn’t sure if she was making a pun about Mark’s name but as she just carried on checking drawers so I didn’t comment further.

“Mum, I want to invite the boys up to Granny’s to stay a while... do you think she’d be able to cope with visitors?”

“I don’t know love but I’m sure she’d make them welcome, in fact, any friend of yours would be made welcome.”

I think she’d forgotten for the moment that I no longer had a boyfriend, my old school mates were either going off to Uni or working full time so was a bit low on ‘friends’.

I sort of nodded in agreement but knew that I’d have to think carefully before I did such a thing as have sleepovers but mum had carried on speaking.

“...and of course you’d need to get their parents agreement. Do you think they’d do that?”

In fact, ‘sleepovers’ had me chortling to myself... nineteen and thinking about sleepovers... and getting excited about the idea.

“Well, I’m not sure but according to the Mark, his mum and dad are besotted with me and think I’m a good influence on them so...”

Mmmm, so maybe then?”

“Well, I can ask and... umm... it won’t be for a while yet because they’re in school and the end of term isn’t for some time.”

Then mum had a thought. “Shouldn’t Billy be going off to Uni any time soon?”

“No, sore point, he failed his A-levels and his parents insist he stays on until he gets them.”

“I can imagine that didn’t go down well...”

“No it didn’t. I think it was a protest. I think he failed on purpose but he wouldn’t admit to that... not even to me.”

Mum nodded but I sighed.

“Billy’s a bright lad but sometimes, well, maybe he just picks the wrong thing to pick a fight about. However,” I added on a hopeful note, “according to Mark things are better.”

“Oh dear, I hope you... erm,” she changed the subject “I guess you didn’t tell Mark your news.

I have no idea what her hope was but answered anyway.

“No, he seemed so happy I didn’t want to upset him but... I’ll pop round tomorrow and have a chat... and with their parents.”

Mum saw me shrug and heard another different sigh I didn’t mean to let escape.

“Look love... I know this is a major upheaval for you, for us both, but I think it’s the right move at the right time.”

“I, mmmm,” I shrugged “I guess but I’m really going to miss my friends...”

Mum pulled me in for a reassuring cuddle and of course a pat on my slippery fabric bum.

“Everything’s going to be alright love, you’ll see.”

That ‘pat’ on the bum is always reassuring; I suppose it’s because of the distinctive sound of skin slapping plastic. Well, maybe not but it’s special to me because I associate so many other emotions with it. Daft eh?

#

I’d left my phone by the side of the bed so when I went up I was surprised to see another message from Terry.

Dick hard - need tight place to shove it.

Well one thing you can say about the man is he’s pretty direct. I saw that the message arrived over two hours earlier but, as I lay out on my bed fondling the huge silky heap of nappy and plastic I thought once more about what we’d done and what we might do again. Within seconds I’d made a mess and the greasy deposit felt weirdly nice as I rubbed it into my cock through the layers of material. I don’t quite remember how many times throughout the night that happened but I had one slimy and soggy nappy by morning.

#

Despite my frenzied night I wasn’t sure if I should meet or even reply to his text. I was moving away so wouldn’t have to see him again but also thought it might be a bad idea to return to the scene of the crime – cheating on Tom. However, as Tom and I were no longer an item... perhaps?

Whilst I lay there enjoying the slippery bulk of my vinyl-wrapped nappy I allowed myself to wonder - what if? I mean, last time we shagged it was at Tom’s place and were unencumbered by restrictions. The noises I’d made, the blustering encouragement from him, and the size of his dick had made for a pretty wild ride... a few times. I was very enthusiastic myself, it was like I’d found a new toy that I liked so kept playing with it over and over again.

However, doubted I could invite him here in the days we had left and, doubted even more, that we could go to his. And, although mum said Granny would welcome anyone to her house I thought that a beefy guy like Terry shagging her ‘innocent’ grandson might be taking too much for granted. Thinking of the other ‘problem’, did I want to come between him and his wife just for the sake of a quick (or not so quick) fumble? Maybe, it was best to let sleeping dogs lie and start afresh up in the Lakes. It seemed that these days my lust was more in my head than in any form of actual sexual interaction.

Then a parallel thought hit me – where was I going to make friends? Here I’d been at school with the friends I had but once I moved there... I didn’t have a job so how the hell was I going to meet people? I stopped rubbing my plasticky mound because a touch of depressed realisation took over and felt a spurt of dejected pee join the rest of my well-greased padding.

#

”Morning love,” mum was her usual upbeat self as she awkwardly came into my room juggling some boxes, “thought you might need these to start packing your clothes, nappies and stuff...”

I was still under the covers but no doubt she had at least a suspicion I was soaked.

She fished something out of her pocket and brandished them in the air.

“Blue stickers for leave, green stickers for go, OK?” she put them on the dresser. “Just slap one on the boxes or items and it will make sorting that much easier rather than re-checking every time.

She checked through one of the piles of nappies.

“We can leave a few out,” she said sorting out both a couple of fabric and disposables for the next couple of days. “Are you getting up or staying there?” She smiled but had the expression that meant - get up and start helping.

I don’t know why but until then I’d not given much thought about meeting new people. “Mum, where am I going to meet people or make friends when we move and what am I going to do for work?”

She looked a bit surprised at my question, no doubt detecting the concern in my voice but gave it a bit of thought.

“I’m not sure love but the place is always full of visitors and I’m certain you’ll have no problem finding friends.” However, I could tell she was a little bit doubtful about her answer because she quickly changed the subject. “Look love, we need to make a start on this packing business so why don’t you get changed and give me a hand, eh?”

“OK, just leave the boxes and I’ll start in here.”

Mum exited quickly and left me to sort myself out, which I was quite grateful for. I didn’t want her to examine what was in my nappy... I’d have been more than a little ashamed.

#

I cleaned myself up; put on one of the disposables mum had left out and, as I planned on visiting the Billy and Mark, found a jumper and some jeans to finish off. The jeans were quite tight and felt a bit uncomfortable, it would appear that I’d become used to wandering around in just a nappy and plastic pants with an occasional pair of shorts. Anyway, I thought I’d look more adult when talking to their parents if I wasn’t wearing just a nappy.

Meanwhile the boxes began to fill. I planned on taking all my clothes but was surprised that I had so many and loads I hadn’t worn for ages. I suspect, because I was working and getting a bit older I’d just preferred other styles and was amazed at how much of the younger stuff I’d kept. I didn’t think I was keeping it on purpose just forgot to get rid I suppose? Anyway, I put it on a different pile because mum said she’d take clothes and other things to the charity shops so they’d have another life. Once full, I left the colour-coded boxes in my room and went to sort out the garage which had tons of old crap stored there. Of course, we didn’t need any of it.

Mum decided that instead of putting it all in storage, as we weren’t taking that much, even our beds we didn’t need, she’d get a house clearance company to come on Tuesday morning and empty the place before we set off. Meanwhile, she’d contacted the Estate Agent and a House for Sale sign would also be set in the front garden and people would be able to view the empty house from Wednesday... that was the plan. Once she’d made that decision, we relaxed a bit realising that a lot of the heavy work would be done by the clearance people.

I went out into the back garden and was surprised to see mum pegging out a bunch of my fabric nappies on the line.

“Where have all those come from?”

“Oh yes, apparently I forgot and left a few in the washing machine before we went up to Granny’s. So thought, with those and last night’s I’d get them washed, dried and packed... which reminds me, on second thoughts you need to wear only disposables whilst we’re here. Don’t want to be washing any more before we go.”

The large white fabric squares were caught in the light breeze, whilst a couple of pairs of plastic pants hung motionless at the far end of the washing line. There wasn’t the slightest trace of embarrassment on my part with these objects of childishness... they were just a measure of my night time necessity.

“OK, that makes sense. I’ll pack the ones left out and grab a couple of others for...”

“Yes love you do that,” she looked me up and down. “Are you going somewhere?”

“The Edwards’s car’s back in the drive so thought I’d see if the boys are in and tell them the news.”

“OK then, good luck...” not knowing what the reception was going to be like she smiled a hopeful smile.

As I left a van drew up and it was Mr Grant who I suppose had come to discuss things with mum. I said “Hi” and set off.

I was nervous as I always appeared to be when talking to their mum or dad. I felt the first dribble into my nappy. “Oh God I hope this isn’t going to be an emotional disaster” I thought to myself as I walked the final few yards to their front door.

#

“Oh hello Jason,” it was Mr Edwards who answered my knock. “The boys are helping their mother unpack the week’s shopping in the kitchen. Hold on I’ll go and get them.” He opened the door and beckoned me in.

I was trying to work out exactly what I wanted to say and how but could hear laughter coming from the direction of the kitchen and hadn’t heard a lot of that in this house before. Now I was really nervous about telling them I was leaving and another spurt joined the last.

Billy came out chuckling about something, but as always these days looking like he was just back from church dressed in shorts, jumper and neatly combed hair.

“Hi Jase, great to see you, where’ve you been?” He came over and gave me a hug.

“Oh, erm, up at Granny’s place in the Lakes.”

“Very nice, only ever been up there once and thought it was wonderful. Dad you remember that trip don’t you?”

There was a relaxed atmosphere that I’d never experienced here before but it was really nice to see.

“Yes, we stayed at The Grove bed & breakfast if I remember correctly... an old witch of a woman ran it but the rooms and food were excellent.” He laughed at the memory and so did the Billy. “Do you know if the The Grove is still there by any chance?”

“Sorry,” I had no idea, “doesn’t ring any bells but there’s no shortage of places.”

“No, suppose not,” Mr Edwards mumbled with a touch of disappointment.

Mrs Edwards popped her head around the kitchen doorway hugging Mark.

“Hello Jason, lovely to see you again,” she too was smiling but I wasn’t used to seeing all the family together and looking so... jovial.

“To what honour do we owe this visit?” Mr Edwards asked.

Still trying to take in this incredible turn-around I was taken off-guard by such a direct question, again, another spurt helped dampen the situation for me.

“Erm, well, my Granny is quite ill and mum wants to spend more time up there with her so...”

“Are you going to be away for long?” Mark asked anxiously.

“Well, we’re moving up there to live with her and aunty.” I said trying not to look at the disappointment on Mark’s face. I was surprised to see them all look a bit distressed at my news.

However, Mrs Edwards quickly tried to change her expression. “When might you be leaving us?”

“Well,” I interrupted a bit too urgently, “mum has already put the house up for sale, and the movers are going to be here on Tuesday... so... I’m only here for...”

Billy came over and was almost in tears. “Oh Jase,” he hugged me tightly, “why do you have to go?”

“Now, now William,” his father said, “Jason has family to think about and if his granny isn’t well then perhaps it will be nice for her to have him around.”

“Yes Mr Edwards that’s true but I also wanted to ask if it would be OK for the boys to come up and visit me some time... I’d hate not to see them, erm, everyone again?”

By this time Mark had joined Billy in a hug and my hand automatically patted their thickly padded bottoms as they also tapped mine.

“Sorry guys,” I whispered to them, “it’s all been so sudden but they’ve made me a lovely...”

I was going to tell them about my bedroom and all the nappies we’d be able to play with but thought better of it in front of their mother and father.

I looked up to Mrs Edwards hoping for a positive answer but she looked a bit lost, this was not the woman I’d grown up scared of.

“Have you given up your job or is there somewhere near your gran’s...”

“No, I’ve left Collin’s... erm... my probationary period was coming to an end and I wasn’t enjoying it as much as I hoped, so...”

“Oh that seems a shame especially when they were happy for you to wear your nappies there...”

I don’t know why she brought that up but I just agreed with her. “Yes, that’s true but there’s always someone who wants to be a jerk about that and I met that person so...”

“So, the timing has worked out?” Mr Edwards intervened.

“Surprisingly yes,” I could feel both Billy and Mark squeeze my padding.

“Please don’t go.” Mark whispered in my ear.

“Sorry, but I don’t have a choice. However, I’d love it if you two were regular visitors.” I looked up to Mrs Edwards hoping to get an affirmative answer.

The atmosphere in the room had changed so dramatically from one of cheer to one of sadness and I couldn’t believe I was the cause.

“Well, the boys have school so...” she looked briefly at Billy.

“Yes but I’d love it if they could come up during breaks...”

“Well,” Mr Edwards spoke at last, “I suppose it would give their mother and I a break for a day or two so... why not?”

The boys let out a “Yeah” and hugged me even tighter.

“Fantastic.” I replied relieved that at least they would consider it but for some reason another trickle of pee joined the rest. My lovely disposable was getting quite solid with what had dribbled out of me and been soaked up by the thirsty material.

“Mum can we show Jase our, umm, presents please?” Mark said excitedly.

She took a moment to think about it.

“Well, it was his idea so I don’t see why not. You boys need to thank Jason for all he’s done for you. If it wasn’t for his joy of nappies you boys wouldn’t be wearing them now so... off you go.”

At her words a chill ran down my back and the weight of my nappy increased. Mark was still quite enthusiastic and pulled me towards the stairs and their bedroom but I noticed Billy had grasped what their mother had just implied and pulled slightly away.

#

When we got to the bedroom Mark was quick to pull out his package of disposables and show them off. When he bent down to grab them from under his bed I could see the fabric nappy and plastic pants appear above the waistline. His brother had done another fine job of putting him in protection.

Of course when the boys had fitted me in one they’d done a fine job and an experience I’d remember for quite some time.

He displayed one of his disposables and it was the cartoon style like the one he wore as he left our fantastic nappy session. I was thrilled. I also knew from experience that they were fluffy and thick and absorbed an awful lot before you needed to change. It had been a good choice.

“When are you allowed to wear these,” I asked with interest.

“Only on special occasions,” he held it out for my inspection.

“Yes I love this style as well... hope you get to wear them a bit more often.” Then I had a thought. “Do your mum and dad like to see you wearing them?”

“Yes, I think so because otherwise they wouldn’t have bought them but... mum sees them as “an extravagance” so that’s why we’re restricted in when we can wear them. However, when we got them, she was keen to see how they looked on us. Weirdly, she seemed as pleased as we were... though in truth we were both a bit nervous about appearing in just a nappy. However, once we had them on,” he mimicked a click, “she took a photo and said she’d keep that to remind her of what wonderful boys we’d become.”

I shrugged because it seemed a strange thing to say ...what wonderful boys they’d become.

Meanwhile, Billy was standing in the doorway listening to what was being said.

“What did mum mean that it’s thanks to you we’re wearing nappies now?

“I’m not sure but has she not explained it to either of you?” I was playing for time to think of a justification.

“No, one day she just took away all our underwear and said that from then on we’d be in nappies... and if we didn’t like it to take it up with dad as he had a sure fire way of making us understand. We knew what that meant so... did as instructed.”

“I thought I’d already told you this but...”

So, as much as I could I explained to them about the conversation I had with her about what she’d spied on our washing line. I even pointed out that if they looked now they’d see another batch fluttering in the wind. However, Billy still looked quite distrustful of what I was saying so added about his mum seeing the nappies, liking how mum and I got on and decided that perhaps to replicate our relationship – “...you’d all get on better if you wore nappies as well”.

“So, it’s because of you?” Billy looked irritated.

“Well no, I mean, she saw what I wore but I didn’t suggest you should also...”

“Oh God, Oh God,” Billy cried in frustration, “we’ve played straight into her hands.”

“What do you mean,” Mark wanted to know.

“We came back from Jase’s place excited about his collection of disposables and wearing them... she now thinks we want to wear them.”

“Don’t we?” Mark wondered.

Billy shrugged and looked at me. “You really like your nappies don’t you?”

“Yes of course... and I wanted, WANT to share that with both of you. Like I’ve said before, if you have to wear a nappy at least have some fun and enjoyment with it.”

“What if you don’t want to wear a nappy, what then?” he asked annoyed with the way the exchange had gone.

“Billy, Mark, I don’t have a say in what you wear but all I can do is, if you have to wear them, at least try and make it nice for yourselves. As I’ve said before I think it’s great that you brothers look out for each other and I wish I had that but I don’t... I have mum.”

I could see Billy fighting with his own thoughts because he had a grimace on his face I’d never seen before and a sort of strangled “Aarrrggg” of resentment and lost hope escaped from somewhere deep in his throat.

Despite this sound I carried on. “However, what I can do is share my experience and pleasure with you and hope you might find that of some use.”

I hope I wasn’t sounding preachy but I was sincere... I didn’t like the lads because they wore nappies I’d always liked them... even when their parents saw them as nothing but trouble and a couple of young tearaways. We’d been friends for years so why was he doubting me now?

“I think we walked into a trap Mark...” Billy was trying to keep some kind of control over his feelings. “Mum and dad want us in nappies and now know that by giving us these...” He ran out of wind but was shaking one of Mark’s cartoon disposables.

I could see he felt angry and deceived but hoped he realised it wasn’t my fault. I needed to get him to appreciate that fact and how things were now.

“Tell me Mark,” I asked, “you said that things had changed at home, yes?”

He nodded.

“Then is that change for the better or worse?”

“Better.”

“Are things better between you and your mum and dad or worse?”

“Better.”

I looked across at Billy who was sitting on his bed and I could see the padding struggling to be contained by his shorts. The thing was I was distracted by the view and mumbled a bit before I could string the words I wanted to say together.

“I didn’t put you in a nappy that’s down to your parents. I wear nappies because I have anxiety issues (the sodden nappy I was wearing being the proof if proof was needed) they put you into them for their own reasons. Nevertheless, when you were over at my house the other day and we just messed around with mine both you guys had never seemed so stress-free. Somewhere, somehow, something has happened... is it not better to be happy in nappies than angry and restricted with things as they used to be?”

I didn’t want to justify their parent’s decision because that had nothing to do with me but I wanted them to grasp that they didn’t have to ‘suffer’ because of it. They could, and had, enjoyed wearing nappies when they had a choice - at my house, in my bedroom, I didn’t force them... nobody had.

Billy looked across at his brother who appeared a bit confused by the conversation.

I wasn’t certain if that stream of words made any sense to either of them but I wasn’t prepared to take the blame for something I hadn’t done... not on this occasion anyway. Billy and Mark were probably my best friends and I didn’t want to lose them.

I have to admit on a personal level seeing them now, with their padding just peeking into view, they looked amazing and not for the first time wondered if it was something their parents appreciated as well.

Maybe it was weird that I got distracted by that glimpse of padding and plastic but I couldn’t help thinking how great it was to have a brother who not only put you in a nappy but was so conscientious enough that he made sure you were wrapped up nice and comfy.

Hell these lads do something to my head. I sincerely hope I don’t lose their friendship.

I saw Billy shrug so, although I wanted to stay, thought that was my cue to leave.

#

As I was about to open the front door Mrs Edwards caught up with me.

“Sorry you’re leaving the area, we’ll miss you... and I know we’ve been a little scary at times but our boys needed firm discipline.” She looked across at Mr Edwards who nodded in support. “You and your nappies showed us a different, softer way... and it’s worked.”

“I’m not so sure.” I said thinking about Billy’s last resentful shrug.

“You know Jason,” she was thinking whether to continue, “over the last few weeks Mr Edwards and I have found ourselves doing and saying things we’d never considered before.” She paused to see Mr Edwards nodding. “You have taken us by surprise with your openness and honesty... not like any of the boys’ other friends...”

As often seemed the case I wasn’t sure where this was going but she continued.

“There were some developments I... sorry... we... just weren’t ready for and it was all down to that honesty of yours.”

“Erm.”

“We copied what we thought you and your mother’s relationship was like. We assumed a great deal and hoped our interpretation would work but you kept pushing the boundaries.”

Sorry?” I was apologising but didn’t know what for.

“No need to be sorry Jason. You pushed us to act quickly even when we weren’t ready and didn’t think they,” her eyes indicated she was talking about Billy and Mark, “were ready either. However, the disposables you had the boys wear, and the surprise to us that they seemed to want to wear them, was quite the eye-opener.”

I looked over at Mr Edwards whose facial expression was one of complete agreement with his wife.

I didn’t know what to say but mumbled something anyway. “I just thought... maybe... they might want to have fun or something...”

“That was it,” she beamed across at me, “the piece we were missing... FUN.” She looked like she’d just discovered the answer to the world’s problems. “We forgot, or more especially, hadn’t realised that was an important aspect of how you cope.”

“I’m not sure that’s the same for...” but Mrs Edwards interrupted my defence.

“You weren’t here when we showed them their new disposables... both their faces lit up and for the first time in perhaps ever there was an understanding between us.” She smiled at this breakthrough. “I have no intention of going back to those bad old days...”

“Erm, OK but...” I was almost out of the door when she finished her speech.

“Good-luck Jason and thanks again... and I’m sure the boys will be only too pleased to come and visit when they can.”

I wandered back home with a very weighty nappy gripped too tightly by my restricting jeans. As I ran my hand over my bulked-out material I thought about Mrs Edwards’ use of words... a softer way and wondered if that was how the boys saw their situation.

However, I was appreciating my heavy disposable as I walked and even that solid it was giving me something that underpants never could... a sense of absolute security.

Nappies wouldn’t let me or anyone else down in a crisis.

# tbc #

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your writting in the chapter is great as always . Love this story As for more freinds, Mom can go on the internet for some AB people in the area . As for a job maybe a a store where they sell adult diapers,and other supples.

• Like 1

Thanks Maly for your support and wetdiaper55 for your ideas... there's a bit more to come yet so I hope you'll be happy with what Jason ends up doing. ?

Hugs

Just added an additional paragraph to the end of chapter 27, which I hope explains Mr and Mrs Edwards reaction a little better?

Thanks to all who are reading this and the next chapter will be with you soon.

Thanks

Les

• Thanks 1

Part 28

As I sauntered home other thoughts inevitably emerged, for instance; after we left this neighbourhood would I ever see the boys again? Despite Mrs Edwards’s assurance I didn’t feel Billy was thinking the same way about his situation. I suppose it was my own selfishness that made me happy the boys were made to wear nappies. I liked the idea it wasn’t just me and I thought, after the fun we’d had trying on all the different styles that they’d also found some kind of appreciation for them. Maybe I was deluding myself and they were just humouring me or simply needed a break from their more regimented home life.  Although, after the look of anger on his face maybe it had come to a turning point for Billy and he’d no longer be part of the direction his parents were forcing him and Mark to take?

After what their mother had said I think for the first time ever I was siding with the boy’s parents. They’d got them all to a state where there was some kind of understanding in that household where, as far as I’d ever witnessed, there had never been before. I’m not sure if I’d use the term happiness but certainly there was a huge shift in the atmosphere... a more positive shift.

Before... that was the thing... that was the word... before what? Nappies!

Nappies had made the difference and no matter how much Billy might dislike that fact, it was obviously true. Mark was now the one who had no problem with them and, up until my visit, I thought Billy was the same. However, it was a thoughtless comment from their mother that had caused the shift so, as I wasn’t going to be around, it would have to be her to sort it. I only hoped that Billy would see how things had been recently and how much better it was for them all than the alternative. However, I knew he had a wild and often belligerent streak which had been kept in check. Would he release it once he was eighteen in a few days’ time?

I know it was a selfish expectation but I was hoping that both lads would end up like me and just love nappies – the fun, the fit and the delight in their thick comfort. I thought I’d seen them developing in that direction but perhaps it was my giving it more emphasis than they were.

#

Mum was on the phone when I got in. She was explaining something to somebody that it all needed to be done by Tuesday morning. As Saturday was fast disappearing I realised once again just what a tight schedule mum had made for us. I suppose it was so that ‘second thoughts’ wouldn’t distract us and that dragging out the inevitable was a daft thing to do.

“A clean break and then we can all live our lives as we should...” was something I heard Gran say to mum at one point. There was no disagreement and once they saw me listening changed the subject.

In some moments of reflection I was dreading the move, There were few neighbours who I  hardly knew and I didn’t have a job to go to. Gran had quite happily said that I didn’t need a job as, “...we have enough money to survive”, which was delivered with a wink. This didn’t help and yet at other times I thought she was right, this was the best, most opportune moment to start again. Gran was insistent that it was the best move for me and for everyone and should have happened several years back. When she changed my nappy and I was sucking on a dummy, it was hard not to agree.

#

Mr Grant arrived with his Transit van and, under mum’s supervision, was loading various items into the back. I thought he was going to be coming up with us on Tuesday but, as mum pointed out when she got off the phone that he wasn’t now able to do that run on that day and was only available to take things up now.

He slammed the rear doors closed and said he’d be off and deliver them to Gran’s place.

Mum nodded and watched him depart down the road and then turned to me.

“Now we’ve re-thought what to do things are happening fast sweetie. So, that’s most of the items we want to keep on their way and the rest can fit in the car when we drive up... now... right, oh yes, how did your chat go with...?”

“Not sure.”

“Well you don’t sound very enthusiastic... have they said they won’t come?” She looked concerned.

“Not exactly but Mrs Edwards said something that might make it all a bit iffy.”

“Iffy, eh? Well I’m sure they’ll be able to sort out whatever that is... you’re pretty good mates after all.”

“S’pose so... let’s hope, eh?” I wasn’t convinced.

#

I went up to my bedroom and noticed that all the boxes, suitcases and bags that I’d labelled had been removed and it looked very bare and unwelcoming, which has never been the case before. I struggled out of the tightness of my jeans; it had been an uncomfortable encounter wearing them over my padding and was glad to shrug them off.

When I checked I was more soaked than anticipated and needed a change but was still a little depressed about my brief encounter with Billy. Still, lying on top of my bed were several of the disposables mum had left out and, after a quick wipe down in the bathroom, eagerly found some comfort in the soft and welcoming folds of that multi-layered fabric with happy bears running around.

I heard myself sigh as I appreciated the nappy’s soft, fluffy support and was so glad to feel the tension I’d felt at the Edwards’ begin to lift (cute cartoon characters will do that). My dum-dum was in my bedside drawer so that was the next step, a t-shirt and finally to re-use the pair of plastic pants I’d worn for my trip to see the boys. They were still nicely malleable from the heat of my body so slipped up over everything with a soft swish.

I heard mum calling from downstairs so as this now seemed to be my regular outfit waddled down to see what she wanted. After the restriction of my jeans, this felt the right thing to wear because it was so cosy and, to me at least, friendly.

“Ah, there you are love,” she smiled, “Look, whilst you were over having your chat, between us, Mr Grant and I have managed to get rid of quite a few of those items we didn’t want and dropped them off at various charity shops and the shelter for the homeless, OK?” She waited for some response from me but I simply sucked on my dummy, it was so relaxing I didn’t really want to get involved as mum was doing such a great job without me. “Meanwhile, the rest of the stuff is on its way up to the Lakes so that’s one less thing to worry about.” She let out a huge sigh, which I think meant that most of the work was done.

She saw me looking a bit disconnected and came over for a reassuring hug... with the obligatory pat on my padded bum.

“I know things seem to be happening quickly love but don’t worry, everything’s going to be alright.”

#

Next week would be Billy’s birthday, eighteen and in law at least regarded as an adult. I wondered if he was going to celebrate that significant landmark or if his parents might have other ideas. Unfortunately I wasn’t going to be around but thought about sending him a card with the invitation (and reminder) to visit, I still wanted his friendship. However, I was uncertain how he now felt about me and just hoped that any animosity he may have wasn’t permanent.

Mum had decided she didn’t want to cook so we ordered in and sat on our sofa with a bucket of KFC and a two litre bottle of Pepsi. The chicken was as succulent as ever but I just love the seasoning and could have simply gorged on that. We sat and ate in front of the TV and watched mum’s favourite detective series. Not sure what it is about mum and dead bodies but there are a few of this type of show she likes. Anyway, she drank wine and I just about finished off the entire bottle of cola. I was so full my tummy bulged out the top of my nappy which had us both tittering with greasy-fingered glee.

Later, feeling both fat and full we started to watch an old comedy, which weirdly was about a family moving house and all the pitfalls that befell them. I hoped none of the silliness and problems of things going missing that dogged their move would echo in ours.

It was approaching midnight by the time we decided to call it a day. My nappy was only slightly damp so decided I didn’t need a change it could wait until the thing was solid and heavy in the morning. As it turned out it was that and more.

#

I had a very restless night; when asleep I was dreaming, and when awake I was thinking of all sorts of things I just couldn’t shake from my head. One of the dreams, needless to say, involved Billy, except this time we (including Mark) were sorting through my vast selection of disposables. On this occasion Billy hated them all and was cutting each one into pieces and then throwing the bits in the air like confetti. I was crying at the destruction but he wasn’t bothered, he kept saying I deserved it for being a “rotten mate”.

When I did sporadically wake up my mind began to think about our permanent move and how I’d no doubt be kept wearing a nappy and plastic pants all the time. For some reason, the fact I didn’t have a choice both angered and pleased me, which just shows how confused my brain was with the entire situation.

Anyway, when I eventually woke up properly my pillow was soaked in drool, bedding tossed all over the place and my nappy had leaked and I’d wet a huge part of the bedding. Not only that but I’d filled the seat of my nappy and I had no idea why. I was both tired and revolted despite the fact that crapping in my nappy wasn’t the occasional thing it once was. The air was fetid and the view through my window showed that the nice weather had turned a murky grey with the promise of rain not far off.

So, the weather was depressing as was my mood.

#

Mum had said that I’d come to rely on my nappies and never more so as I waddled to the bathroom. It wasn’t that surprising it leaked seeing as those clever little bears were holding the best part of two litres of re-cycled Pepsi. The disposable was rock hard with the amount it had been able to soak up and hung heavily in its plastic pouch. I looked at myself in the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door and there was no doubt about it - I wasn’t a working nineteen year old go-getter, I was a nineteen year old baby who desperately needed his mummy to come and sort him out.

I’m not sure how long I just stood there looking at myself and sighing but the thought had hit me as to what would have happened had I not been wearing such an absorbent disposable. What, for instance, would it have been like if I was in underpants or out in public and it had happened? The public would quite rightly demand that this over-grown baby should be kept in nappies and not let out of his mummy’s sight. I was still thinking about this when mum appeared at the door asking if she could help.

“Baby, I’ve just seen the state of your bedroom and wondered if you were having problems...” She came in and patted my full bottom. “Oh love, there’s a tear in the plastic no wonder you leaked onto the bed. Better lose them...” and she began to pull my plastic pants down to release the heavy and gross nappy.

“Mum, I can do it,” I pushed her hand away but it lacked conviction.

“Yes I know baby but, I think all this worry about the move is affecting you more than I hoped. So, this mess,” and she patted the full disposable, “is partly my fault as well so...”

She took control... and as usual was so grateful I didn’t have to think as she cleaned me up and sent me to my bedroom for a change of nappy.

#

A thick and comfy purple disposable was the answer to my depression. As soon as mum pulled up the matching plastic vinyl pants my mood changed. It was so noticeable that she commented on it.

“So, it’s not just cartoon undies that cheer you up?”

I had to admit that once in a fresh thick nappy most of life’s problems seem to disappear. Well, if not disappear, then become irrelevant to the comfort such an item brings me.

I ran my hands over the slippery cover and was glad of the padding that protected my genitals and softened my bum with layers of super supple fabric. I pulled a plain white t-shirt on and ventured down to the kitchen. We only had either cereal or toast and mum had made a pot of tea so it was quite a speedy affair for Sunday breakfast.

A quick call around my other friends found them all engaged... either with family or at University. I got to speak to Ralph directly but he had other plans though said he was sorry I’d be moving away. I told him he could come visit and he said that was a great idea but, now he was full time at his dad’s grocery business, he hardly had time for anything and that included holidays. I said that the invite was open and just call if he needed a break. He said he was grateful for the offer.

Meanwhile, with James and Killy I just left messages on their phones that I was leaving and hoped they’d get back to me. However, I realised that since I started work (now not a problem) I had more or less ignored my mates from school apart from Billy and Mark. So, maybe they’d moved on and started, like I’d hoped I had with Tom, a new chapter at university.

As I scrolled down my contacts for anyone else to let know of my departure I came to Terry. I paused to think about him and that led to a sudden ejaculation into my lovely, freshly applied nappy. How he could produce such a reaction after just one session I wasn’t sure but did I want him to know I was leaving, or was it fun to get the occasional message telling me just how horny he was?

I started messages to both him and Tom but in the end didn’t send either. I wasn’t sure if I was playing a game or if I just didn’t want my departure to be that final. Anyway, they didn’t get to know that by Tuesday evening I’d be a permanent resident at Granny’s place up in the Lakes.

#

With the weather being a bit grim it was down to final checking and making the place appear more desirable for any future owner. I had asked mum if she’d thought about renting it out but simply answered she didn’t want all the hassle of a tenant.

I suppose I was hoping for a possible way back if we still owned the house but mum wanted a clean break.

By lunchtime we’d done what we could do and said she was going to drive over to one of her friends and take a few bits and pieces for her to have and did I want to go. I said I’d rather not and she didn’t push it, which I was grateful for. After the experience of wearing jeans over my nappy the day before had really put me off sporting anything that held me that tightly in discomfort. Yes, I’d finally come to the same conclusion as mum, Gran and Aunty, a nappy and plastic pants were what fitted me best and in truth it felt cosy to be dressed that way.

I was also hoping that by some miracle the boys might turn up for another nappy session but of course they’d be disappointed as most had been packed and were possibly now residing at Granny’s place. Still, I’m sure we’d find something fun to do although, with most of my stuff, including my video games, which were also on their way to Grandma’s, we might have to dig deep into our imaginations.

After mum had gone I called the Edwards but as it was a landline it just rang and rang. I looked out and saw the car wasn’t in the drive so they at least had not been worried about a few drops of rain. I wish I’d seen them go to check if they were still wearing nappies, I was sure I’d be able to tell even from that distance. Anyway, the opportunity hadn’t arisen so it was left to my imagination to visualise the scene. Oh heck, the same thing happened as when I thought of Terry... this can’t be right.

#

As mum said she’d be away a couple of hours I did the rounds of the house again to just check for myself. Even though there was still quite a bit of furniture left, with paintings and knick-knacks all parcelled up and sent on ahead the place didn’t feel as friendly as it used to be. It did feel strange to be leaving a place I’d called home for nineteen years. I had a little weep when I remembered dad and wondered what he’d think of us leaving. However, I’d asked mum that question and she’d just said that wherever we were dad was always with us.

I settled in front of the TV and watched various bits of programmes but just couldn’t settle on any one thing. Finally I arrived at the Cartoon Channel and of course found my mind happy to chuckle along to various characters and their silly antics.

I got a call from Aunty who said that all our stuff had arrived and she’d sorted it and put it in my room. I asked her how Gran was and she said there’d been a slight dip but the fact we were soon coming home (yes she referred to it as home) had made her buck up. Later, Gran came on for a brief chat and said she couldn’t wait for our return because the place “...just wasn’t the same without us.”

After the call I checked the kitchen cupboards and found very little to eat. Of course there was bread, butter, jam, honey, cereal, tea, coffee and milk (in fact quite a lot of milk we’d have to get through) but all the packets and tins had been packed away and sent on ahead. I wanted to make something for when mum returned so she didn’t think I’d just been lazing around watching TV.

I returned to my seat in front of the screen and there was an advert for a new line of nappies for babies (it had an extra protecting leg grip to avoid leaks). I sat and looked down at my own nappy and had to agree that thankfully my plastic pants gave me that extra layer of protection I couldn’t really do without. I wriggled on the sofa, well aware of just how I would look to anyone looking out of the telly at me. At first I thought I’d be embarrassed but ‘NO’, like the baby in the advert, I was just happy to be swaddled in a lovely, comforting nappy. And that baby was bouncing up and down in his newly designed padding so he seemed VERY happy.

Everyone, and when I say everyone I mean mum, Gran and aunty, had all thought the way I dressed at that moment was how I should dress all the time. Not that they’d spoken about it out loud it just seemed to be tacitly agreed. They’d decided in one way or another that I wasn’t ready to grow up and I suppose this preference just confirmed it. I smoothed my hands over the soft and slinky mass and had to agree, if I wasn’t allowed to wear it I wouldn’t be happy. Maybe, just maybe, my family knew best on this point and I should just be content, to be happy?

#

Mum arrived home having bumped into Mr Grant who said the delivery of our goods had gone to plan (not that we thought it wouldn’t) and envied us going to live in such a beautiful part of the country. Apparently Gran and aunty had made him welcome and plied him with tea and cakes after he’d unloaded our things. He said he didn’t often get such lovely treatment from other clients and told mum that even though we’d be based in the Lake District, if we needed someone with a van, distance was no object and he’d make himself available, which mum thought was very nice of him.

Time had just flown by and I hadn’t realised how late it was. She’d been gone almost six hours not the two anticipated and I’d just pottered around watching TV and generally keeping myself occupied by going to the window to see if I could see Billy and Mark come back from where ever they’d been and possibly catching their attention. Unfortunately, the car wasn’t in the drive so guessed they were out on some epic journey I wasn’t privy to. I got a little bit envious because I was alone and they had each other.

When they’d been here last weekend and we’d had our ‘session’ I’d taken some surreptitious photos with my camera phone. At one point I put it on timer and slipped in between them and was surprised at just how good the picture had come out... and in focus. It had been a bit hit and miss but all three of us were in shot together and all acting naturally playing with a heap of colourful disposables. We looked like we were enjoying the experience so decided that I’d go into town on Monday, find a digital photo shop and have a copy framed as a birthday gift and maybe get a copy for myself.

I told mum the plan and she said that there was a place on the High Street that could do that whilst I waited, which was just what I wanted.

“OK love, what do you fancy for dinner tonight?”

“I searched for something but didn’t realise we’d packed the lot up and sent it on.” I wanted her to know that at least I’d looked.

“Well that’s very thoughtful of you love but do you fancy going out or getting something delivered?”

“I can’t be bothered getting dressed,” I felt my nappy and was surprised to find I was soaked. I think mum could tell from my sudden expression what needed to be done.

“Look, why don’t we order and whilst that’s on its way we can get you changed... OK?”

I nodded. “Well, we’ve had pizza and KFC so how about a couple of Big Macs and fries... and milk shakes?”

“We have plenty of milk... so how about ice cream... no, no... a McFlurry with Galaxy or caramel... mmmmm?”

“Oh mum that sounds so good.”

“Is that a yes?” She teased.

I nodded enthusiastically.

“OK but you’re wearing a bib because I have yet to see you negotiate a Big Mac and not have the mayo or ketchup drip onto your shirt.

It was true so couldn’t really argue.

#

Mum put in the order and then pointed upstairs to get me cleaned up. Because it was getting late she opted to get me ready for bed and wondered, after the mess I’d made earlier, if perhaps a double disposable might not be a good idea. I said we could try it and see but it was quite thick. However, the white, substantial shiny rubber pants she pulled over it all held it together pretty well.

Almost as soon as we’d finished there was a knock on the door but as mum had gone to wash her hands I waddled downstairs to answer it. There on the doorstep stood the delivery boy who I used to go to school with. He looked me up and down “So the rumours were true” he snarled as if I repulsed him. Then more or less threw the bag at me and without waiting for a tip, trotted down the pathway to his scooter and off he shot.

Being dressed as I was had become so normal to me it hadn’t even crossed my mind when I answered the door that it could be someone who might comment. Still, I wasn’t that bothered, I wasn’t going to be around for much longer so it mattered even less. Besides, the Mackey D's smelled wonderful so that was my main concern.

The bib had been needed because not only had there been drips of the sauces, a large piece of gherkin was also present by the time I’d finished devouring it all. The ice cream treat was wonderful and again I felt full and fat by the end.

“Mum we’re going to be huge by the time we get to Gran’s if we don’t stop going mad with Deliveroo.” I teased as I stroked my belly and finished off the piece or vinegary gherkin.

Then I remembered something I’d heard earlier and forgotten about.

“Mum, who’s autistic?”

# tbc #

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-28

Hi guys

Thanks for still supporting the story and the first mention of 'autism' is when Jason overhears his aunt and granny chatting but doesn't know to whom they are referring. I hope over the next couple of chapters all will be revealed.

Hugs to everyone because Spring is in the air and I'm feeling that way out.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-29

Part 29

Mum had filled a glass of milk to help wash down the Big Mac and I clumsily knocked it over myself, the sofa and carpet when she jolted at my question.

“Right,” she said as she dashed off to get a cloth to wipe it all up, “sippy cups and baby bottles for you from now on.”

“Sorry, I’ll...”

She busied herself getting stuff from the kitchen my query forgotten as she proceeded to go into SuperMum mode.

“You just stay where you are I’ll see to it... I don’t want to make it any worse.”

I wasn’t sure what she thought I was planning on doing but was probably correct that my interference would only make the situation worse.

On this occasion my bib hadn’t saved the day and somehow I’d soaked my t-shirt. The liquid had been repelled by my rubber pants (tick) but both the furniture and carpet looked like they needed urgent attention. Thankfully, mum was very speedy.

“OK love,” she wasn’t angry just efficiently getting on with the clean-up, “why not change your shirt whilst I sort this out?”

I didn’t need telling twice and waddled slowly back upstairs to fish out a clean top.

I used a dry bit of the t-shirt to wipe down the water-resistant pants and tossed it into the laundry bin. I had very few clothes left as most had already been sorted and sent on ahead but found something pale blue in one of the drawers and put it on.

I looked in the mirror and laughed to myself. The huge nappy and top I’d decided to wear looked exactly like what the baby was wearing in the nappy advert. “OK,” I thought, “perhaps mum’s right, sippy cups and baby bottles from now on.”

#

When I returned mum was still gently dabbing away at the carpet with kitchen towel.

“It should be alright... I don’t think there’ll be a stain.” She then smiled benevolently at me. “I knew a glass was asking for trouble and yet stupidly went ahead and poured you one.” I liked that she was blaming herself and not me.

“You weren’t to know how clumsy I’d be.” I tried to take some of the blame back.

She shook her head. “Baby, these days it’s just asking for trouble.”

What did she mean.... these days? Did she think I was now incapable of eating or drinking without making a mess? I mean, had she noticed something I hadn’t or was she just amused that her nappy wearing son had spilled his milk like a little kid?

She looked at the last piece of kitchen towel and saw it was barely damp. “I think that’s all of it.”

There was a pile of soggy pieces of kitchen towel, a sponge and some cleaning product so she’d had a pretty good go at protecting everything but I just shrugged and made myself comfortable on the sofa trying to avoid any damp spots.

#

I could hear mum in the kitchen tidying up and putting stuff away then I heard the ‘ping’ of the microwave. A moment later she came in with the very thing she’d threatened me with, a baby’s bottle full of milk.

“Here,” she offered it to me, “this’ll calm you down.”

Of course, I’d had a brief moment of panic when I’d spilt the stuff but otherwise I was relatively calm.

I eyed it with suspicion and asked if she was joking.

“Look, your Gran said that she used to give you a bottle of warm milk with honey when you were little and you loved it...”

I suppose mum, Gran and Aunty had spent time discussing the past when she was up there helping out. So no doubt this little nugget had surfaced but why in a bottle now... I’m not a little kid. I tried to move the conversation on.

“Is that why there’s so much milk in the fridge?”

Mum sort of bounced her head from side to side as if to deflect the answer “Maybe.”

“Mum, I’m nineteen in a few days... I think I’m past all this now don’t you?”

“Well love, I’m not sure you are and what’s more, I don’t think you do either.” She was making a point.

She offered the bottle closer but I wasn’t definite what she meant so baulked at taking the nipple between my lips.

“Do you want me to be a baby?” I probed in equal seriousness .

“Do you?” and she pushed the bottle so close that a small droplet leaked out and on to my tongue. I licked and the sweetened milk tasted wonderful.

I opened my mouth to speak again but mum just gently slipped it in “Drink sweetheart... it’s what you need.”

I wasn’t convinced but everything seemed to be aiming to this point and although my head was crying out ‘No’ my reaction was to stop complaining and drink the lovely syrupy offering.

She held it there until I’d got the sucking motion under control and then let me take it from her. She lifted my legs so I was laid out on the sofa and gravity helped as I began to empty the bottle with delight. It was very tasty.

“That’s better.” Mum said once I closed my eyes and she could see I was enjoying the experience. “Your Gran always said it’s a sure-fire way to calm a boy.”

I was too busy nursing on it to offer any further comment and it certainly beat spilling milk all over the place... every drop went into my tummy and not all over the furniture. I had forgotten when I was little how Gran used to get me to drink milk with honey or some other flavouring and just how much I enjoyed it. Granny’s Special Milk she called it and I used to look forward because it was exceptional. This was bringing back some very soothing memories.

Mum made me budge up so she could sit in the corner and let me rest my head in her lap. I did this for a few moments but then slowly manoeuvred me so that I was resting in her arms to suckle on the bottle. In this position she could rock gently and pat my padded bottom. Even though the TV was still playing I heard her softly begin to hum a little tune. I was calmly being returned to the place where I was at my most comfortable. Mum automatically knew this whilst I was happy to slip into that little space she had so recently introduced me to.

Actually, I’d been there many times. It was my favourite place to go where everything was snug and welcoming... I just didn’t know it had a name. I even drifted off for a moment and was surprised that in such a short space of time I dreamt. Daddy and mummy were both there holding me and saying what a sweet baby I was and that I should have no worries because “...everything’s going to be alright”.  

I was content and despite it not being that late could feel myself losing consciousness. I finished the bottle and yawned.

“Bed?” She queried.

I nodded and sat up and she swiftly replaced the bottle with a dummy.

“Right you go and I’ll be up in a minute to tuck you in.”

I just carried on sucking dum-dum and drowsily made my way up to bed. Though I didn’t need tucking in I was in a place that meant I wasn’t against the idea either. Mum could do what she liked I was too tired and relaxed to react.

#

I was dead to the world before mum must have come into my room. I know this because when I woke up the following morning I was hugging my teddy and that hadn’t been with me when I went to sleep. In fact, I thought I’d put all my toys and such things in a box to go. However, more pressing was the fact that the sweet milk had passed through the system and soaked my thick padding. So it was another damp start to what looked like another damp day.

Somebody once sang ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ and I could identify with that sentiment. Although I was feeling cosy and warm, there was clinginess in my nappy that made me think I might have done more than simply saturate it. I explored further and found, after releasing the seal my plastic pants had made all around, I had deposited another load in the seat.

I shuffled out of bed, the mess feeling odd as it slipped around my bum and stood there looking at myself in the mirror. Then a thought from the night before that I looked like the baby from the advert, had never seemed more appropriate... you are a BLOODY BABY. Perhaps I now need that extra rib of protection around the leg and waist to prevent anything escaping.

I tried to recollect what dreams I’d had and although I knew I’d had several I couldn’t remember them with much clarity. One did start to come back and that was when I’d crawled into bed between mummy and daddy. I was still a toddler so they were happy to have the intrusion and I squealed in delight as they played with teddy and me. Eventually, I settled down and daddy stroked my belly and made circles with his fingers saying how proud he was of his sweet baby boy, and that made me happy.

O-ho... that’s when I’d filled my nappy - daddy’s fingers rubbing my tummy invariably induced a little bit of wind... and occasionally more. So, despite being ‘a sweet baby boy’ I still had a package in the seat of my padding that needed to be unloaded both in my dream and now, so lumbered to the bathroom to sort it out.

Although I could hear mum going about her business downstairs she’d left out all the things I’d need in the bathroom as if she already knew what had happened. Maybe she had or she might have just been assuming, seeing as it was now becoming a more frequent occurrence. Anyway, I was grateful that I didn’t have to search around for anything and a clean nappy and fresh plastic pants were ready after I’d taken a shower.

It was a thick pink disposable with matching cover, so, when I returned to my bedroom already wrapped in them, mum had been up and laid out a pair of loose grey jogging bottoms and fleecy jumper. I remembered her saying that she wanted to make an early start today as she had things in town to organise and she’d drop me off so I could sort out the photo.

#

On the trip into town she kept asking if I was excited at making the move permanent. I said I wasn’t sure but at least with such a tight timetable I knew where I stood. I was also scrolling through the photos I’d taken of Billy and Mark and would have liked copies of them all but decided to do what I’d planned first and maybe at a later date print out the others. I didn’t know why I hadn’t transferred them to my laptop yet... I’d make sure to do that later.

We parked up and mum said that I should meet her back at the car in two hours. I wasn’t sure how long my side of things would take because I also wanted to get Billy a card so in the end we settled to meet in the café opposite. Then, if one of us was late at least we could sit in relative comfort and have a cup of tea or something.

Mum was planning on visiting the Estate Agent that was dealing with the sale and also wanted to sort out deeds and transfers at the bank, followed by a trip to our solicitors. She had a very busy schedule but went in the opposite direction to me as I sauntered along the High Street aiming for the Photo Shop.

I loved the way my padding was holding everything tightly and appreciated the subtle rustling sound and thrilling sensation with each step. Because it was such a dull day and a bit cooler than it had been mum had of course got out my loose fleecy bottoms to hide the padding whilst out in public. However, I really wished I’d worn shorts as I always feel better if my legs aren’t encased... I suppose that’s why I’d taken to wearing just protection and little else these days.  When I thought about it, not only have I been encouraged to just wear a nappy about the house, more often than not it was what I preferred. No wonder mum had taken to regularly calling me ‘baby’, though it hadn’t registered until that moment. However, the thickness of my padding between my legs, and the rub of it all against my ‘equipment’ meant it was very pleasing and I really wouldn’t have wanted any other stimulation ‘down there’.

On my way I passed a ‘greetings card and novelty’ shop and stopped to see what their selection was like. It was huge, with special offers of ‘four for the price of three’ and large cards with balloons attached for those ‘special occasions’. They had comic, anniversary, sympathy and congratulations as well as the usual Happy Birthday type card sections but now came the big decision; did I want funny or serious?

Strangely, what seemed a simple task took quite some time and I went around the store, from the humorous section to cards with ages and... well... the massive variety was making me most indecisive. I was even distracted by the novelty items on display of snow globes, ornaments, spoons(?) and specially prepared smelly lotions ‘for the one you love’. Anyway, I was in there for over half an hour trying to get the right card to express my feelings without it being too soppy or stupid. Eventually I found a Special Occasion pile and sorted through them and found one with no message inside. However, what it did have was a nice hand drawn outline image of two faces and the words For a friend, which I thought appropriate without being sickly.

#

Then it was on to the Photo Shop and was surprised to find it so busy. I suppose it was the people who had special occasions over the weekend desperate to get their mementos like me out of their cameras and onto something more substantial. The machines that printed out the pictures were all being used so whilst waiting my turn asked about their offer to frame the results.

Of course there was a vast array of ways and means of presentation; from simple frames, photos encased in plastic or rendered on canvas... the list was inspiring but was going to be more expensive than I thought. However, I had money so decided Billy was worth it providing the job could be done straight away. The nice lady assistant said that it could be done in about an hour so I could wait or come back. As happened a machine came free and she helped upload the desired shot from my phone.

“Well those boys seemed to be having fun,” she commented as the image appeared on the screen for checking, though I don’t think she realised I was one of them. “What a lovely, happy and natural photo.”

I quite liked her comment.

Once the 10”x 8” was printed out and I was satisfied with the couple of little extra flourishes she made on the filter and I’d chosen the shiny chrome frame, I left her to get on with the job, whilst I went off to explore other stores.

#

As I walked along thinking how nice my padding was feeling I almost walked past Jimmy Floyd who worked in the same department as Tom and I at Collins.

“Hi Jason,” he stopped and I suddenly recognised him.

“Oh hi Jimmy, how’s things?” I wasn’t really there for a chat but I’m not the type who ignores folk so stood and waited for him to tell me any gossip there was about me, or to ridicule me about what he’d heard. I was expecting the worst but he seemed to have other things on his mind.

“God Jase, don’t know how you did it but your timing couldn’t have been better.”

Now he had my interest.

“Yes, you and Tynan seemed to have got out just in time.”

“What do you mean?” I was intrigued.

“Yes, it appears that the company is about to be taken over by a Dutch conglomerate and we ALL might be out of a job soon. You two choose a bloody good time to leave...”

“What?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I also didn’t know if by that he meant Tom had left the company or just moved to London like he’d inferred in his text.

“Yes, we’ve all been informed there will be redundancies and everyone is under scrutiny and those who can’t or don’t want to move to the London Head Office, which is just about everyone... who the hell can afford those house prices...”

“Good grief,” I interrupted his flow, “I bet that’s come as a bit of a shock?”

“Yes, and that awful Tridwell man came back so everyone’s blaming him.”

I wasn’t sure if he was joking or not but he seemed agitated at the mere mention of the twat’s name.

He looked at his watch, “Look Jase, sorry, I’d love to chat but I have to go... I have an interview.” He smiled, “It’s really been nice seeing you again... sorry we never got to have a final drink but...” He shook my hand and then he was off, whilst I was left stunned at this latest piece of news.

He never mentioned any gossip and never said anything about what the other members of the group thought. So now I was left wondering about my situation, would I get that letter and pay off or will that be instantly forgotten now I wasn’t around to cause trouble. Nevertheless, it did remind me I’d have to let HR know my new address; I’d send an email when I got home.

#

Of course Jimmy had piqued my interest and, if it wasn’t in the other direction, and a fair old walk, I might have popped in to try and find out more. Who was I kidding? I wouldn’t have got passed reception but I did wonder what exactly had gone on and why, when I was there only a week or so ago, was there no mention of such a takeover. I then wondered if that was why they offered me such a ‘reasonable’ severance package, to avoid bad publicity that might have scuppered the deal. Maybe, that’s why they offered such compensation, because they knew they’d never have to pay it. Then of course, as I felt my nappy warming to the worried flood I’d just let loose, a little bit of reality crept in... I wasn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately by then my nappy was well and truly full and I went to sit on a bench next to an old man who smelled even more of pee than I did. However, he looked at me in disgust and wandered off mumbling to himself.

I got a call from mum who said she was running late and that perhaps it might be better for me, if I was fed up of waiting, to get a bus home. I told her I had to wait at least an hour before I would be finished but agreed it was better not to just hang about and I’d meet her there. I squished the front of my slightly bulging pants and hoped they’d last until then but, in the meantime as it had started to drizzle, I needed to find a place to hide until the framed picture was ready. I made my way to the small pedestrianised area where a load of shops would keep my interest for a few minutes at least.

After moping about from one shop to another and trying desperately to drag out time I headed back to the Photo Shop. The other customers had gone and the nice lady was sitting behind her counter doing paperwork when I walked in and immediately her eyes lit up. 

“Ah, your job’s ready.” I could see she wanted to say more but wasn’t sure if she should. “I bet mummy’s very proud of her boys.”

Did she take me for a kid having realised I was one of those in the shot and just collecting this on behalf of ‘mummy’? Whatever the reason I was really pleased with the result. We looked so blissful and without a care in the world, I just wished that was how we could all stay - nappies and innocence.

“We all are,” was all I could counter with and she put it in a bag and thanked me for my custom.

I was almost at the bus stop when I realised that we had no wrapping paper at home so it was back to the Greeting Card shop to buy some with a nice design. I remembered that Billy’s treat of special disposables from his parents were purple so I found some shiny foil to match.

I just hope he liked the memory as much as I did.

#

Again I was on a bus with a soaked nappy but I’d peed enough to make the gel in the disposable quite solid so when I sat down, the large bulbous front made my joggers stand out. I kept my bag over the bulge but also a furtive hand rubbing it because it felt so smooth and silky. Luckily the bus wasn’t full so it was a very stimulating journey home and I needed a change even more when I got in.

Mum arrived home two hours after me but brought with her a couple of microwavable shepherd’s pies. Meanwhile, I’d cleaned myself up and wrapped Billy’s present with the idea of going round later to give it to him. I knew it would be the only chance I had before we’d be off and I wanted to check Billy and me were ‘OK’.

I heard the ‘ping’ of the microwave so sauntered down to the kitchen as mum was serving it with peas and carrots... and a glass of milk.

“Are you sure you trust me?” I asked jokingly.

“Yes, of course you’re right...” and she took the glass away and transferred it into a sippy cup.

I was astonished but then she grabbed a bib from the counter and fastened it in place.

“Mum, what are you doing?” I asked incredulously.

“Making sure my little sweetheart is all safe.”

“Yes mum, but all this babying is getting to be a bit much.” Although I heard the words come out I’d made no attempt to change things. I didn’t go and get the glass back nor did I try and remove the bib. Of course as she looked me up and down I realised that I was once again wearing only a t-shirt, nappy and a lovely pair of shiny plastic pants.

Mmmm,” mum said and then ignored me as she shovelled more peas onto my plate.

#

She shrugged and I saw there wasn’t going to be any movement from her so I just settled down to eat. She watched as I used the sippy cup and seemed happy and could then get on with her own meal in peace. I asked if she’d done everything she needed to do in town.

“Yes love, it took a bit longer than I hoped, kept bumping into folk I knew so had had a conversation with each one... but also had some last minute instructions for the agent and wanted to let a few others know our new address, including the Post Office to redirect any mail.”

“Oh yes, never thought of that.” That reminded me I needed to send an email to Mrs Garfield in HR, which I’d simply forgotten about. Too busy choosing my nappy from the vast selection of two types I had available, pink or purple. The rest had already departed to Grans.

We made small talk and I told her my spectacular news; Collins’s was being taken over and everyone was on a possible redundancy list. We speculated about who, why and when but came to the conclusion we had no idea. However, our conversation did remind me again about sending that email to Mrs Garfield. As it was I hadn’t checked my bank account to see if last month’s salary had gone in yet...so, better check that first I guess.

Later I mentioned about popping round to see Billy after we’d eaten as I hoped to give him his present.

“Good idea because we may not have time tomorrow as the men are coming early and we need to get what we’re saving loaded in the car so they don’t take anything we want to keep by mistake.”

I nodded between mouthfuls of shepherd’s pie, which was surprisingly very tasty.

When we’d almost finished I remembered the question I’d asked the day before but had then just slipped my mind.

“Mum, the other day I overheard aunty and Gran saying something about someone being autistic... do you know who they were talking about?”

I saw mum’s motherly smile slightly alter and she sighed. It took her a few moments to compose herself but then spoke.

“Well love, it’s a bit of a story so why don’t I tell you about it when you return from seeing Billy, mmm?”

“Oh, OK... it wasn’t about me though was it?” I winced in case it was.

She smiled and patted my padding. “I’ll explain everything when you get back sweetie but don’t worry everything’s going to be alright.”

# tbc #

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As always great chapter. I love the babying by mum . I can,t wait for the autistic talk . I am sure mum,s sister, and gran? at gran,s house will love to have their baby back? :bfdf9a9c5dfa1fcbf66956236b55e339:

• Like 1
  • Les Lea changed the title to Dummy? 1-30