LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Emotional change of the word diaper with multiple languages

For an ABDL/DL/etc the word “diaper” has a special meaning and connotation. My first langue is German and diaper translates to “Windel”. That word was and still is special to me with a certain emotional attachment. I started to learn English by the end of Elementary School and the word diaper got added to my vocabulary way later. I am now in the USA for over 23 years and yes diaper also holds a special meaning to me. My native language is pretty rusty as I don’t use it that much and any smallest energy burned in my brain either thinking, talking, writing or other is all in English. 
Yet the word “diaper” and “Windel” kept an equal emotional meaning and it has not shifted over all the years.

Anyone with longer periods of multi language use experiences has developed the same or different emotions to these words? 

• Like 3

I believe they say the USA and the UK are two countries separated by a common language :D

I think for many of us in the UK we grow up with the word nappy but any time spent in the ABDL world will soon have nappy and diaper have the same impact. Same for dummy and pacifier, I think.

• Like 3

Diaper,nappy, omutsu,windle,couche,paneles,pannolino,etc. I don't speak a lot if languages but the effect is basically the same....diaper by any other name.....can be just as wet and comfy.. ????

• Like 3

I always get a giggle when people talk about diaper, but are not talking about absorbent underwear.

At the start of the COVID lockdown, a show Time Team https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Team popped up on my YouTube feed. It was interesting and for the most part entertaining. In the middle of one episode they were examining the diamond pattern in the brick wall. The expert explains that it is called diaper work. In a later episode they visit an intact building, built by the same guy as the first building, covered in diaper work. They spend several minutes talking about the diaper work. Since they are British, it doesn't have the same meaning to them, but the whole time I watched trying not to burst into loud giggles. The diaper work shows up in a few episodes. If you are interested in history or archeology I highly recommend the show. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, square_duck said:

Diaper,nappy, omutsu,windle,couche,paneles,pannolino,etc. I don't speak a lot if languages but the effect is basically the same....diaper by any other name.....can be just as wet and comfy.. ????

Ahh But would a nappy by any other name smell as sweet? ?

Maly.

• Like 2

First time I searched for "nappy", 90% of the searches showed "nappy hair", which is something completely different. 

I prefer diaper, but also gets a reaction when the word "bleie" is mentioned around me.