LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In a weird spot

So almost everyone who needs to know I’m partially urinary incontinent knows. I have cerebral palsy and so my muscles become weaker earlier since they get used more to do average things. Surprisingly, I have not noticed my other muscles doing the same thing but maybe that’s because it’s not as “in your face” as incontinence.

Anyhow, I’m trying to finish the “denial portion” of my grieving process. When my pull-up is wet, I’m able to finally accept it and be mature enough to change myself. However, when I’ve been dry or mostly dry for a long time (4-5 hrs), my mind goes back to playing tricks on me where I know I’m incontinent but I keep hoping it will get better. I feel like I’m learning more about cerebral palsy and the aging process the hard way rather than getting it from the get-go.

I would like to get to a point to where I fully acknowledge that my diaper/pull-up is wet and that this is not uncommon. I also don’t want to be too presumptuous but I’m guessing it will get worse so if anyone can relate to this state of mind and how to get past it, that would be awesome!

Thank,

@Anonymous12 I would challenge you to take some time and imagine what life would be like if you accepted that you have terrible bladder control.  What if you just assumed that you’re going to have accidents? 

I’m not saying you should “give up,” but for the time being, just roll with it. 

Would expecting to have a wet pull-up from time to time make your life easier? Harder? In what ways? 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, Anonymous12 said:

So almost everyone who needs to know I’m partially urinary incontinent knows. I have cerebral palsy and so my muscles become weaker earlier since they get used more to do average things. Surprisingly, I have not noticed my other muscles doing the same thing but maybe that’s because it’s not as “in your face” as incontinence.

Anyhow, I’m trying to finish the “denial portion” of my grieving process. When my pull-up is wet, I’m able to finally accept it and be mature enough to change myself. However, when I’ve been dry or mostly dry for a long time (4-5 hrs), my mind goes back to playing tricks on me where I know I’m incontinent but I keep hoping it will get better. I feel like I’m learning more about cerebral palsy and the aging process the hard way rather than getting it from the get-go.

I would like to get to a point to where I fully acknowledge that my diaper/pull-up is wet and that this is not uncommon. I also don’t want to be too presumptuous but I’m guessing it will get worse so if anyone can relate to this state of mind and how to get past it, that would be awesome!

Thank,

I was the same way when I was younger and I got thrown back into diapers. Now I just accept that I am always gona be in diapers and always gona be padded up

@EnthusiI never thought about it that way. I think life would be different in a positive way if I kind of “expected” to have accidents. I can make it to the bathroom 85% of the time but sometimes my bladder leaks a little without my consent. 

I think the most difficult part is what @Kawaharusaid where feel like I was “thrown” back into pull-ups. I think I need to get to the point to where I fully acknowledge and be present when I’m changing rather than go on autopilot in order to avoid the emotions.

I just wish I knew about this sooner…

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Anonymous12 said:

@EnthusiI never thought about it that way. I think life would be different in a positive way if I kind of “expected” to have accidents. I can make it to the bathroom 85% of the time but sometimes my bladder leaks a little without my consent. 

I think the most difficult part is what @Kawaharusaid where feel like I was “thrown” back into pull-ups. I think I need to get to the point to where I fully acknowledge and be present when I’m changing rather than go on autopilot in order to avoid the emotions.

I just wish I knew about this sooner…

Now, at my age and my stage of incontinence, I am at the point where I can't wear pull ups and I am forced to only wear diapers and accept that I am always gona be diapered

• Like 1