LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Progression of Nighttime / Bedwetting

I have recently noticed some trends in my own untraining journey that involve bedwetting / nighttime wetting.  I have read previous accounts where there seems to be no rhyme or reason, and that it is as much mental as physical etc. etc.  But, then again, I'm not so sure!  I thought I'd offer my progression to date and see if anyone wants to share their similar progression to see if we have any overlaps!  I'm more interested in the sequence than in how long in between phases, but others can choose to share whatever they like!

Phase One: Try hypnosis, drink lots of water, but almost always wake up and consciously pee.  Maybe one time that I actually slept through first wetting with help of sleep aid.

Phase Two: Easier to fall back asleep after waking up to wet, increased times where I'm unsure if my first wetting was awake or asleep.  Always wake up for last wetting.  Believe this is primarily due to being worried that diaper may leak, even if I had cover and pad on.

Phase Three:  Not worry about if I will nighttime wet, don't drink water excessively before bed, but notice that more often than not the first wetting of the night is happening without waking up, second/third wettings happen with a groggy consciousness, last wetting usually fully awake.

Phase Four:  First wetting always asleep.  Some second or third wettings while asleep.  Last wetting still wake up.  The less I hydrate or try to think about wetting, the more likely I am to wet without waking up until the last wetting.

Conculsions:

1.  have noticed a progression in night wetting that starts with the first wetting being while asleep, then increasingly the future wettings move in that direction, but the last wetting is still with me waking up.

2.  I've also noticed that generally speaking, the less I try to over hydrate or "make" it happen, the more it is likely to happen.

3.  The more confident I am that I won't leak or wet the bed, the more likely I am to wet.

4.  The more sleep I get at night (7-8 hours or more), the more likely I am to wet while asleep.

Hope that helps!  Love to hear people's view of if there is any predictability based on your phases or patterns!  I'm just not content to believe that there is "no rhyme or reason" to a pattern of untraining here! 

• Like 4

I never bothered with hypnotism.  Bedwetting was something that I allowed to develop rather than actively sought (although clearly I am largely untroubled by this development).  Isolated incidents first occurred after several months of 24/7.  They were very sporadic with weeks between them.  This progressed to maybe one or two nights per week, a phase that remained dominant for many months, probably a year.  At around year 3, bedwetting accelerated sharply to become semi-normal.

2 hours ago, DLJeff52 said:

1.  have noticed a progression in night wetting that starts with the first wetting being while asleep, then increasingly the future wettings move in that direction, but the last wetting is still with me waking up.

Yes.  I generally pee 3 – 4 times during the night now (after some years of 24/7, I have a kind of nocturia).  It is typically the first pee of the night that will happen whilst I’m asleep although on occasion, I will sleep through until 4 or 5am and find myself wet enough that it is likely that I’ve had two pees whilst asleep.  Rarely, I will just wake up (quite early) the next morning to find my nappy soaked but in general, the closer to morning, the less likely it is I will sleep through it.  I suspect this is progressing but not as quickly as some others.

2.  I've also noticed that generally speaking, the less I try to over hydrate or "make" it happen, the more it is likely to happen.

Absolutely.  Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle certainly applied for me.  ANY attempt to observe, measure or precipitate a bedwetting event simply ensured it didn’t occur.  This HAS changed (a bit) over time.  It’s more “robust” now.  I’m at the point where if I’ve drunk alcohol during the evening, I can go to bed in a deliberately dry nappy and have the reasonable expectation of waking to find it wet before about 2am.  In the early days, such an experiment would inevitably fail.  I can now even (when circumstances allow) go to bed WITHOUT a nappy and still wet if certain provocations are at play (fatigue and/or alcohol).

3.  The more confident I am that I won't leak or wet the bed, the more likely I am to wet.

I believe this was the case in the early phases but it faded over time culminating in wet bedding I didn’t want after I tried going to bed without a nappy.  It was indeed the first wetting of the night and I remember being woken by a warm, wet trickling sensation around my bum.  I thought I was having a bad nappy leak and then I woke up more and I remembered I wasn’t wearing one.  This was about two years in to intermittent bedwetting.  I'd established this pattern however using high capacity nappies covered by cloth-lined plastic pants to catch leaks.  I wasn't worried about leaking very much and now it doesn't matter if I worry or not.

4.  The more sleep I get at night (7-8 hours or more), the more likely I am to wet while asleep.

I will certainly say that the more DEEPLY I sleep, the more likely I am to sleep-wet.   Fatigue is a good predictor for me.  A The couple of “nappy-free” experiments I’ve done both showed a dry, restless, largely sleep-less first night followed by sleep-wetting the second night (when I’m much more tired as a result of the preceding night’s wakefulness).  Alcohol is a good predictor for EARLY sleep wetting for me (it enhances early sleep but degrades later sleep). 

A very poor night’s sleep (regrettably common) will mean it more likely that I’m awake to do the deed.  A couple of nights per week I will remember 3 pees.  Sometimes the middle ground outcome is that I’ll have a pee-dream that truly involves pee.

• Like 2

@oznl Thanks for your reply!  It was because of one of your earlier posts that I followed your example of great absorbent overnight diaper with the double Terry-lined plastic pants.  Works like a charm...can't thank you enough!  

• Like 2

This overall matches my experiences as well, which I described in detail on Reddit. I'll copy/paste the progression below:

1. Adjusting to wearing diapers and finding the absorbency needed to be comfortable
  2. Waking to wet, uncomfortably
  3. Getting lazy and not wetting at night because I was uncomfortable and now tired
  4. Bearing down harder, and trying to push through laziness
  5. Getting smart and realizing I needed to practice wetting in sleeping positions. And adjust diapering. Listen to my mind and body.
  6. Starting to actually practice / rinse and repeat
  7. Half waking up to wet
  8. Begin being woken up by wetting / waking up in the middle of wetting. Becoming comfortable with the possibility of leaking.
  9. Not waking up at all, but waking up with a half-full bladder too
  10. Not waking up at all, increasingly with an empty bladder

I do recall at some point stopping caring about water intake, but I didn't note it so I don't recall at which point that happened. But while it was partly out of discomfort, it was largely because I found it more effective to sip constantly in the evening instead of chugging before hitting the sheets. E.g., I'd go to bed dribbling like any other part of the day.

I did also use hypnosis, but not specifically for bedwetting; I used it to explore myself emotionally and come to a better sense of self-acceptance.

Both the above eventually also led to me stop caring so much about the outcome (self acceptance = less anxiety/guilt/awareness, and sipping constantly instead of chugging 'hid' how much I drank), and by that point I was well-prepared diaper/supply wise. And, like both y'all, that's when I had better results; when I wasn't explicitly focusing on it and worrying about it. 

• Like 2
On 5/14/2022 at 6:21 AM, Kif said:

This overall matches my experiences as well, which I described in detail on Reddit. I'll copy/paste the progression below:

I do recall at some point stopping caring about water intake, but I didn't note it so I don't recall at which point that happened. But while it was partly out of discomfort, it was largely because I found it more effective to sip constantly in the evening instead of chugging before hitting the sheets. E.g., I'd go to bed dribbling like any other part of the day.

I did also use hypnosis, but not specifically for bedwetting; I used it to explore myself emotionally and come to a better sense of self-acceptance.

Both the above eventually also led to me stop caring so much about the outcome (self acceptance = less anxiety/guilt/awareness, and sipping constantly instead of chugging 'hid' how much I drank), and by that point I was well-prepared diaper/supply wise. And, like both y'all, that's when I had better results; when I wasn't explicitly focusing on it and worrying about it. 

@Kif Always grateful for your insights and feedback...seems to be common theme that the more the ultimate self is at peace and acceptance with the path, the easier the journey gets!! Hope you are safe and well!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi. Still in progress, wearing and learning for 3 months now and i also notice effects during the nights.

I now wake up several times to pee. It wasn't the case last month and I'm less conscious about it, especially the first one.

Still drinking a lot, about 1,5l or sometimes 2l chamomile in the evening, somewhere between 10pm and 1am. It's too much but I frequently pee during the day and in the evening while drinking and I guess this is the reason i wake up 2 or 3 times now. My bladder is still huge compared to my anatomy but I can empty it even if there is 100ml or less during the day and it's a very good point.

Hypno helps me. I now use two bedwetting files after a short break. My problem was that i didn't dare regressing too far but two things I remember changed it.

First, a photo of me diapered when I was a child and then, one night when I wore a diaper. This little me really showed me how to relax correctly. It's just happened last night, it's really odd.

Trust me, I remember a few events of my childhood. It's vague but I still remember little things. It's like an inner voice told me it was important to remember one special moment, I can't explain.

This last hypno helped me a lot actuallly. I could feel in a semi conscious state of mind that I was really afraid to relax totally while sleeping. I guess the last step of potty training is the more difficult to reverse.

I think I progress correctly when I see how it goes with my sleep wettings and when I read you.

I'll make a report of my journey later. I progress but it's still too recent and it's not necessary to repeat the same story everyday.

Thank you all for sharing and succes ?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Gaylange said:

This last hypno helped me a lot actuallly. I could feel in a semi conscious state of mind that I was really afraid to relax totally while sleeping. I guess the last step of potty training is the more difficult to reverse.

Gaylange,

Thanks so much for sharing!! I love everyone's updates and insights on progress!! Can you share the file you used?  Did you have it custom made or is it one you found online?

Always looking for some healthy files to add to my "library"!

Thanks!

Gaylange,

Thanks so much for sharing!! I love everyone's updates and insights on progress!! Can you share the file you used?  Did you have it custom made or is it one you found online?

Always looking for some healthy files to add to my "library"!

Thanks!

You probably know them. There is a short one: "sleep wetting" from Sarnoga and the other one is called "bedwetting file" posted by coco123 but it's one old audio tape from Tommy of DPF.

These foles are on WMM but with all the different rules between sites and groups, I never know if I can post a link.

I think I'm at the point I've developped an urge incontinence at daytime already.

During a sleep of 8 hours, I wake up twice to pee and I pee again when waking up. I need to give up control totally while sleeping. I feel it's about to happen and I think these files will help me and could be interesting for people at the same stage. That's the reason why I talk about it. I'd be happy if it can help anyone here.

I wish you all a good weekend. Don't forget to stay hydrated, stay relaxed too and void well.

• Like 2

I woke up once to pee last night, not long after having fallen asleep. It's like I'm totally conscious and aware when it happens but I barely remember in the morning. Do you feel the same ?