LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to use those crappy diapers? I know!

DLdaisy

This may not be that new of a concept. But thought I'd give my tip. 

Like many, J had to shop around for my favorite fit diapers. I had like 30+ different brand ones that I hated. Usually because they didn't seal well or stay up. 

But I found a solution. I bought the adult reusable outer shells. For some, I cut off the side wrap parts and slid it into the reusable diaper. And for simple holding up, I just put it over the diaper. Both hold up so nicely. I'm more of a DL than AB, but I love the cute patterns. 

I haven't seen anyone post this, so I thought I'd help out anyone like me who has unsuitable diapers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I make the mistake of buying cheap Walmart diapers and regret it. I end up using them as boosters and not diapers by trimming the outer shell and cutting slits in the remaining outer shell. It sure would be a lot more convenient if stores carried quality diapers like Abena, Tena, NorthShore, etc.

Right! I have some ABDL diapers that hold what seems an entire day. The company claims 6 liters. And it's pretty close. 

As a healthcare worker, I'd like to say that they are missing something here. These are the way to go. 

Probably why I prefer cloth diapers. I did, however, just buy a case of Rearz to try disposables. I've got likes and dislikes about them. They absorb very well and hold a lot but I'm still "learning" how to tape them tighter so that they stay up. So far, I've only used one. Tape is not as effective as a safety pin through a cloth diaper! I will probably still use disposables from time to time. (11 left in a case of 12). They are a bit pricey, though compared to reusing cloth. About $38 a case through amazon.com.

• Like 1

I usually buy store type brands at Goodwill, the lower end diapers with cloth like backing that last about 3 to 4 hours at best.  That's usually how long I am in diapers at one time, around 3 hours or so when I get up early on days I don't have to work.  I can't see using a premium diaper like Betterdry for just 3-1/2 hours.  I save the premium diapers for days when I have the house to myself or I go out of town running errands all day.  For an average of $3 to $4 for a package of 22 disposable diapers like Attends, Prevail or McKesson, the price is right and won't break the bank.

I have learned over time what cheap diapers not to buy, no matter the cost.  Wings by Coviden are terrible!  I'd rather wear a paper towel than those!  I bought some Fit-Right diapers a while ago and while the absorption is on par with store brand diapers, the fit is anything but "right".  Like Moochie, I just trim the side panels off, cut slits in the cloth backing and use them as a doubler.  Figuring the price I paid for them, it works out to around .15 to .20 each for a full length doubler, way cheaper that just a smaller doubler pad you buy from a major company that fits in the crotch of your diaper.  It may not be as cool as a big premium diaper with plastic backing and baby prints, but that combo can last me 5 to 6 hours easily for a cost of about 40 cents.  True, if I wore 24/7 for need I would most likely go with good premium diapers all the time, but for my use, lower end Goodwill diapers are perfect 90% of the time that I wear.

23 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Probably why I prefer cloth diapers. I did, however, just buy a case of Rearz to try disposables. I've got likes and dislikes about them. They absorb very well and hold a lot but I'm still "learning" how to tape them tighter so that they stay up. So far, I've only used one. Tape is not as effective as a safety pin through a cloth diaper! I will probably still use disposables from time to time. (11 left in a case of 12). They are a bit pricey, though compared to reusing cloth. About $38 a case through amazon.com.

Economics is one of the chief advantages of cloth diapers both in terms of cost and waste

diaper%20compare.jpg

Another is that while you may have leaks, which is MORE true of throw-aways. How many total blowouts or othere catastrophic failures have there been with cloth diapers and rubber panties if used right

Then there is the issue of being self-contained if you have a washing machine and dryer. When you aren't putting diapers in the trash, you are not putting your business in the street and all you need is one errant package of Pink Princess finding its way to a neighbor's house. Of which what are the odds over a few years' time?

Given where these things are made, do you trust third world health codes? With cloth, After you do the first wahs BEFOR YOU EVEN USE THEM, you know where they have been

How long before throw-aways are restricted to medical institutions because single-use items pile up in our dwindling number of landfills? Look at what is happening to plastic bags and straws and add to it that diapers carry toxins and potent bacteria. Think of that next time you get a "boil water" alert

Land-fills are the problem, not the use of diapers.
You should burn the trash, to make electricity and heat.
The pollution is less than land-fills, with more benefits. 

Now back to topic..
Its a nice idea, and I do have such shells I could use, but I never do cause I prefer the plastic feel, but I have also bought some plastic pants recently, that felt fine, and I have lots of diapers that don't fit me, either cause they were too small when I bought them, or I have outgrown them.
Could do that for home use.... I'll think about it. 

Mez, they are by Ageplay outfitters. We have slim pickings here in NZ. It's this or Southern Star. I like the SS ones too. But, they hold less. 

8 hours ago, Dubious said:

Now back to topic..
Its a nice idea, and I do have such shells I could use, but I never do cause I prefer the plastic feel, but I have also bought some plastic pants recently, that felt fine, and I have lots of diapers that don't fit me, either cause they were too small when I bought them, or I have outgrown them.
Could do that for home use.... I'll think about it. 

With the PUL otters I got, I get a bit of plastic feel. A cute print. And an AMAZING fit. Better than my plastic diapers. I bought the velcro waisted ones, so the fit is amazing. I still cannot get a great tight fit on my plastic diapers. 

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

Thay've been playing with that for 40+ years. If it were feasible, someone would grab it up and make money on it. The problem with that is burning toxins and  expelling them into the atmosphere would get a backlash thoat would blow away the Death Star. As for the landfill "problems" it would take speciall clay liners to contain septic wastes and building new landfills is sufferening from NIMBY despite the fact they the NIMBYi'ites live 20 miles away