LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Business Name

Yes. Decide on the specifics of what you want to accomplish and how. Fir example; if you do not carry things like rubber panties and other 1940's to 1966 items (see RUBBER PANTIES'R'US)  and little girl items, then you will not see me there.

How do you plan to implement your decisions

What resources can you get?

How long can you operate at a loss until you  generate a market that can be up to 2 years

What will you carry that makes you unique?

If you scout out the landscapre here, you will see that there are different kinds of "abdl". At the root, AB's are not DL's and AK's are not either. Now some persons may have some of eachm but one will be predominant. If you look at my About Me, you will find a "very little girl". We are different for "little girl". Even at age 6, a 1950's girl would be diapered in some cases, such as for long trips of 50 miles since this was before the Interstate system was built and you had average speeds of 35 mph, and she could not hold it COMFORTABLY for 3 hours. This also affected what happened if there was a group of girls playing at someoen's house for the afternoon and three of them could not hold it comfortably for 2 hours. Things like that have either been forgotten or were not put in writing and were forgotten.  And, of course, there was bedwetting

That is just some of it. As for namEs, that depends on where you want to "center" Diapers are clsely associated with babies. Many DL's wear Bambinos and ABU, which is "Adult Baby Universe", in Fall River there is a store called Mundo de Bebe which is Portuguese for "Baby Wrodl" that sells First Communion outfits, which is at least 6 years old which would translate to "Adult Kid". This says there is quite a bit of bleed-over among the categories. And I will not even get into Sissy,. You will have to examine the Sissy Room for that. You can find a lot of information in the various subforums in "Our Lifestyle Discussion" for that. Nor will I get into incontinence  except to say that "Incontinent  Desires" should be in the Lifestyle sections since it is not a medical issue and is more like DL For a name, you might choose "Little Darlings". My RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME was created and named in 1999 and became the reference nursery for Bytemine's "Wetville". Now, the name seems a bit overly pink, but in its creation period, that was a good thing as it left no doubt If I created it today, I might call it something else. Now, anything derived from it, or that could be part of it is called "BabyDoll", such as the "line" of DIY grooming items (bubble bath, spray scents, bath, body, and baby oil), and the kind of diapers I am in. In the 1950's there were stores that catered to little boys and some that catered to little girls. The ABDL equivalent of the latter also attract Sissies but if you look at the Sissy sites, you will find there are other aspectsk to that lifestyle that do not fit with Little Girl based on things like "sissy boy", "sissy girl" and "sissybaby", along with things lik cuckold and SPH.

The net result is that you will have quite a complex set of choices in creating your business model.  You might look at places like LL Medico, Mountain Views, Protex Medical, Fetware, Babykins and Rearz to get an overview of the landscape at the product line end. I do not know if Carolyn's Kids is still around. Even 25 years ago, her busienss model was pricing her out of the emerging market that she helped create and she did not adapt. Also, to my knowledge we no longer have INFANTAE PRESS There was a "gold standard" in the '80's and 90's called "Diaper Pail Fraternity" or DPF, That folded in the early moughts and since then, the gold standard is Daily Diapers: Right here. If you go into my ABout Me and look at my CV, you will find that I have been around for awhile

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DapperDiaperDude said:

I’m thinking about opening an ABDL related business. Anyone have any good Abdl related business names?

What sort of business? Selling custom diapers? Dapper Diapers is a good name.

Selling custom pacifiers? It's a bad name.

Just saying an ABDL business isn't enough information.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DapperDiaperDude said:

I can’t say too much about the business yet… (trying to keep it under wraps until I’m up and running). Just selling abdl diapers and apparel and accessories but focusing on customization. 

Dapper Diapers or Dapper Adult Diapers works.

• Like 1

If your store is going to be online you may want to consider how search engines will direct the results. For example you may not want to just generically put diapers in the name because every mother on the planet looking for diapers may end up at your site and that is not the market you're trying to reach and all those useless hits will cost money in the form of bandwidth. It might be better to have a generic name or even an acronym like BBTE (Big Baby Toy Emporium) and pay for advertising and a link on this site. This way the customers you are seeking will be the ones that end up visiting your store site. I hope this helps you out in some way.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both Babykins and Rearz carry infant products, which was interesting because Rearz tried to trademark ABDL