LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Plant Location part 2

Zhahood

I am looking to start a domestic eco-friendly diaper manufacturing company. At this point, I'm still in the planning phase and I'm trying to pick plant locations. Ideally, the area would have good highway access, a decent population, and a good number of ABDLs.

I have narrowed the states down to Ohio and Pennsylvania for policy reasons. If you live in PA or OH, please tell me what area and recommend areas for the new plant. For Ohio, I’m looking at the areas in and around Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, and Akron. For Pennsylvania, I’m looking at the areas in and around Harrisburg, Lancaster, Allentown, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, State College, Hazleton, and Scranton. Please respond with age, sex, and closest metro from the list if you live within 45 minutes of these areas.

I say 45 minutes because the farthest people will drive for work is 90 minutes. By giving such a big radius (for reference Dayton to Cincinnati is about 54 minutes), It also preserves anonymity.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight; you wnat to make something with more plastic than a plastic straw, that is a single use itme that will become either toxic or septic, which will fester for decades or centuries, and you want it to be eco-friendly

• Like 1

Your best model for that would be the Dryper. That was a two-part affiar with the inner being flushable (I think) and the outer panty being re-usable. I guess you could have Gary make the outer part. In the 1970's Salk Sani-Pant was a snap-on, polyurethane coated rayon panty with a throw-away liner, but that was expensive and it did not fluff up nor was there any SAP It was kept in place by some kind of stickum.  You would want a full-coverage thick, wide-crotch liner if you wish to appeal to theABDL's. The Gary snap-on panty has the snaps forward-facing a bit so it might mitigate side leakage. I do not know how Staydry worked in the '50's and '70's but I think they used a re-usable liner. Disposables of some sort have been around since 1939 for babies, it is just that those who lived through the Depression were too thifty for use-once items That was a toy for the rich to squander their money on

Your biggest problem will be wages and regulations. How are you going to compete with full-size corporations that can afford, as well as brigades of $500 an hour  lawyers, losing money for a few years in an environment where producer wages are about $5.00 a day when you have to pay $15.00 an hour while meeting an encyclopedia's worth of OSHA, IRS, DoE and EPA regulations (oy vey, will you beocme a Republican or Libertarian in a hurry) just so you can produce in the Land of the Free? To see what this is all about, google up "Third wave" and "post-industrial US" and wait until you see how long that scam has been going on

14 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Let me get this straight; you wnat to make something with more plastic than a plastic straw, that is a single use itme that will become either toxic or septic, which will fester for decades or centuries, and you want it to be eco-friendly

The diapers will be labeled as "organic" and "nonGMO." Everyone knows that "organic" and "nonGMO" stuff is good for you and the environment. 

https://www.amazon.com/HQOExpress-Organic-Kosher-Salt-Chef/dp/B07QPGHMDK/ref=asc_df_B07QPGHMDK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=344004307193&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6449487617093879172&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022229&hvtargid=pla-807935067074&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=66686195262&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=344004307193&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6449487617093879172&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022229&hvtargid=pla-807935067074

HQOExpress Organic Kosher Salt Coarse – Non GMO, USDA Certified Organic – All Natural, Iodine Free Cooking and Seasoning Sea Salt – 36 oz. Chef Jar

"Organic"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bullshit+organic

and "non-GMO"

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bullshit+nongmo

are scams

Sea salt is a big ripoff since salt is regulated for content and purity. Iodine was added to salt to aid in brain nutrition by preventing an insufficiency of that substance

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

"Organic"

and "non-GMO"

are scams

Sea salt is a big ripoff since salt is regulated for content and purity. Iodine was added to salt to aid in brain nutrition by preventing an insufficiency of that substance

Yes and salt is Sodium Chloride, calling it "organic" or "NonGMO" is both stupid and impossible. I doubt that it is kosher too.

A disposable diaper is more organic than that salt.

4 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Yes and salt is Sodium Chloride, calling it "organic" or "NonGMO" is both stupid and impossible. I doubt that it is kosher too.

What tree edoes it grow on in the wild? Actually they are highly processed when you look at the components

Also no agricultural product is "non GMO". Non-GMO corn would be some grass growing in 9th century Mexico. Non GMO wheat would be the 8,000 year old grains they found in the Jericho area some 6 decades ago that were, at the time they were grown, as tough as nails. Selective breeding is as much genetic modification as what we are doing now, only with far less precision and understanding. Both "organic" and "GMO" are buzzwords. Please note that the the same persons who are into both are gobbling down dietary suppliments, most unproven and some dangerous, at a supersonic clip. What tree do bottles of pills gorw on? Observed that the snake oil traid has been through 4 names in the last 3 decades. Alternative, Complementary, Integrative andd of late Intellectual, Medicine. I heard Dr. Joy Brown recommend St. John's Wort when it had not even been tested yet (and I still do not know if it has been tried) Ginko Belova has been tried and failed, and I was hearing reports of dangerous side effects of Ginseng as far back as '64 "Herbal", Homeopathy, Naturopathy and "holistic" have all been tested and failed. "Holistic", started in 1973 was a style of treatment wherein you look at the psychological effects of the process to see if you can improve the outcomes, and it started in Psychology (when I was taking Abnormal Psych). If you wikipedia up "wellness" you find it has its roots in Alternative Medicine and is just a mishmash. Here are a few other sacred cows

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

I had that one figured when I fist came across it in '07

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sci+show+left+brain+right+brain

And you can wear your rubber panties quite safely

11 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Not applicable, it's not a food item. I'm simply making them fully biodegradable.

9 hours ago, Little Christine said:

"Organic"

and "non-GMO"

are scams

Not sure what this has to do with the diaper.

35 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

What tree edoes it grow on in the wild? Actually they are highly processed when you look at the components

Also no agricultural product is "non GMO". Non-GMO corn would be some grass growing in 9th century Mexico. Non GMO wheat would be the 8,000 year old grains they found in the Jericho area some 6 decades ago that were, at the time they were grown, as tough as nails. Selective breeding is as much genetic modification as what we are doing now, only with far less precision and understanding. Both "organic" and "GMO" are buzzwords. Please note that the the same persons who are into both are gobbling down dietary suppliments, most unproven and some dangerous, at a supersonic clip. What tree do bottles of pills gorw on? Observed that the snake oil traid has been through 4 names in the last 3 decades. Alternative, Complementary, Integrative andd of late Intellectual, Medicine. I heard Dr. Joy Brown recommend St. John's Wort when it had not even been tested yet (and I still do not know if it has been tried) Ginko Belova has been tried and failed, and I was hearing reports of dangerous side effects of Ginseng as far back as '64 "Herbal", Homeopathy, Naturopathy and "holistic" have all been tested and failed. "Holistic", started in 1973 was a style of treatment wherein you look at the psychological effects of the process to see if you can improve the outcomes, and it started in Psychology (when I was taking Abnormal Psych). If you wikipedia up "wellness" you find it has its roots in Alternative Medicine and is just a mishmash. Here are a few other sacred cows

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439

I had that one figured when I fist came across it in '07

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sci+show+left+brain+right+brain

And you can wear your rubber panties quite safely

Organic simply means not grown with artificial pesticides, insecticides or fertilizers. Again, I'm simply making them fully biodegradable. At this point I'm still looking for biodegradable ink but I'm sure I'll find it. But I've found all other components in completely biodegradable versions, from the plastic back sheet to the adhesive.

50 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Biodegradable diapers are all well and good but I wish they was a company making other "ABDL" accessories like flashing sneakers and adult sized umbrella strollers.

Yeah, me too buddy! Or adult sized baby shoes!?????❤️???❤️? That would be awesome!!!!!?  Or better yet I just wish I was a teeny tiny little baby again so I could fit in all the baby clothes and strollers that I wanted!?☺️???❤️????❤️??

• Like 2

That is a selective, cherry-picked, definition of "organic", espeically since man-made fertiizers use organic chemistry. Once processed in any way, a thing is no longert "natural" which is implied in "organic". Man-made fertilizers simply extract  or used from other sources, the same active chemicals as found in manure, while eliminating inactive or even dangerous substances. Actual "organic" farming would not pass government health regulations and ALL agricultural products have been genetically modified over the past 10 millinnia by selective breeding, which is only geneic modification via statistical methodology, consuming the less desireable product and saving the seeds of the more desirable and planting those. In the case of animals, using the "better" ones for breeding while the average and lower ones were consumed as either food or other products

With respect to "biodegradabe" diapers. Froman article on landfills in REASON MAGAZINE c1988. Making diapers biodegradable would release toxic (and septic; my addition) substances into the environment Also, as was demonstrated by the attempts to create biodegradable plastic bags in the 1990's, makes the item unmarketably expensive. Aside from the SAP and wetproof backing, throw-away diapers are made of some kind of paper or other cellulose. They came inot prominence along with the "handi-wipes" which were a kind of paper towel that felt like cloth and could be used 3 or 4 times before being thrown away. These and Pampers used the same technology. In fact, at that time "paper" clothes were developed, expected to be worn once or twice then disposed of. However 1968 was a far more prosperous time and money burned holes in persons' pockets. Single-use items are too coslty and impractical for common use and earn their keep only in circumstances that are so "fiddly" that a multiple-use item has a high probability of becoming contaminatied or otherwise compromised to a dangerous level. In common use, single-use items just lack reasonable bang for the buck, which is why throw-away diapers did not go anywhere until the late 1960's and the prosperity that existed then which began in the mid-'50's. Other signs of being 'too rich" was when rooms were stripped of central lighting fixture and all lighting was by side lamps. prior to that, a room could be well-lit with a 40 watt bulb. The "side-lamp" only required a number of reading lamps, pushing at least 60 watts to be used for general illumination. The current lack of that prosperity as been papered over and hidden by the creation of consumer credit (which itself was a product of that prosperity). Look at the massive long-term debt both private and public since the 1970's and the current pretzelizations that the financial system is undergoing to deal with it. When Nixon imposed the wage-price "freeze" in '71, Alan Greenspan made his name by correctly preditcing what would happen as a result. The house I grew up in had central lighting in all but the downstairs bedroom and front hall and they had light fixtures that were mounted high up on a wall That house was electrified in '43 so those fixtures were put in then by persons who lived through the Depression and even today most kitchens have ceiling lights

So, as I said before, If you must market a throw-away diaper, the Dryper is the best, with a re-usuable weterproof part and the main body being flushable, but even so, trying to build a factory in the US will be a nightmare from all the regulations and other expenses. You will not be able to compete with the bigs in terms of financial, legal and other resources and the prices you would need to charge would price you out of the market

Just now, Apache Raccoon said:

Biodegradable diapers are all well and good but I wish they was a company making other "ABDL" accessories like flashing sneakers

Equipped with MIDI and Bluetooth, you could control them from an Arturia KeyLab MIDI controller keyboard or wirelessly link them to your portable MP3 player. Right?

24 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

Equipped with MIDI and Bluetooth, you could control them from an Arturia KeyLab MIDI controller keyboard or wirelessly link them to your portable MP3 player. Right?

Wouldn't need anything that complicated, I'd be happy with ones that just flash every step.

But you did just give me an idea, instead of lights a little speaker in each shoe and every step sets of a wet fart sound effect :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Wouldn't need anything that complicated, I'd be happy with ones that just flash every step.

But you did just give me an idea, instead of lights a little speaker in each shoe and every step sets of a wet fart sound effect :D

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!?????

• Like 2

Where can I get seeds to plant and grow a diaper plant!??I want to Grow my own so I don't have to buy them any more. Are there different seeds for different patterns??? What about absorbancy?? Are there different seeds for different levels of wear??? Heavy duty vs day weight? 

Hmmm, if this is possible, I might even create a diaper farm!!! Imagine that!!! ???

But, watering the crops might be a problem, ?.   AH!!! Drip irragation!!!! 

and just hope it doesn't rain!! ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Biodegradable diapers are all well and good but I wish they was a company making other "ABDL" accessories like flashing sneakers and adult sized umbrella strollers.

Amazon, AliExpress, Alibaba, and Wish should have your light up shoes. Unless you want the actual kids' shoes designs. They also do make adult size umbrella strollers and car-seats as a special needs Item.

4 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Yeah, me too buddy! Or adult sized baby shoes!?????❤️???❤️? That would be awesome!!!!!?  Or better yet I just wish I was a teeny tiny little baby again so I could fit in all the baby clothes and strollers that I wanted!?☺️???❤️????❤️??

I need some clarification on the adult sized baby shoes. And I would love that second part as some sort of full-dive VR experience. Except with hyper diapers.

4 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Curious.

4 hours ago, Little Christine said:

That is a selective, cherry-picked, definition of "organic", espeically since man-made fertiizers use organic chemistry. Once processed in any way, a thing is no longert "natural" which is implied in "organic". Man-made fertilizers simply extract  or used from other sources, the same active chemicals as found in manure, while eliminating inactive or even dangerous substances. Actual "organic" farming would not pass government health regulations and ALL agricultural products have been genetically modified over the past 10 millinnia by selective breeding, which is only geneic modification via statistical methodology, consuming the less desireable product and saving the seeds of the more desirable and planting those. In the case of animals, using the "better" ones for breeding while the average and lower ones were consumed as either food or other products

With respect to "biodegradabe" diapers. Froman article on landfills in REASON MAGAZINE c1988. Making diapers biodegradable would release toxic (and septic; my addition) substances into the environment Also, as was demonstrated by the attempts to create biodegradable plastic bags in the 1990's, makes the item unmarketably expensive. Aside from the SAP and wetproof backing, throw-away diapers are made of some kind of paper or other cellulose. They came inot prominence along with the "handi-wipes" which were a kind of paper towel that felt like cloth and could be used 3 or 4 times before being thrown away. These and Pampers used the same technology. In fact, at that time "paper" clothes were developed, expected to be worn once or twice then disposed of. However 1968 was a far more prosperous time and money burned holes in persons' pockets. Single-use items are too coslty and impractical for common use and earn their keep only in circumstances that are so "fiddly" that a multiple-use item has a high probability of becoming contaminatied or otherwise compromised to a dangerous level. In common use, single-use items just lack reasonable bang for the buck, which is why throw-away diapers did not go anywhere until the late 1960's and the prosperity that existed then which began in the mid-'50's. Other signs of being 'too rich" was when rooms were stripped of central lighting fixture and all lighting was by side lamps. prior to that, a room could be well-lit with a 40 watt bulb. The "side-lamp" only required a number of reading lamps, pushing at least 60 watts to be used for general illumination. The current lack of that prosperity as been papered over and hidden by the creation of consumer credit (which itself was a product of that prosperity). Look at the massive long-term debt both private and public since the 1970's and the current pretzelizations that the financial system is undergoing to deal with it. When Nixon imposed the wage-price "freeze" in '71, Alan Greenspan made his name by correctly preditcing what would happen as a result. The house I grew up in had central lighting in all but the downstairs bedroom and front hall and they had light fixtures that were mounted high up on a wall That house was electrified in '43 so those fixtures were put in then by persons who lived through the Depression and even today most kitchens have ceiling lights

So, as I said before, If you must market a throw-away diaper, the Dryper is the best, with a re-usuable weterproof part and the main body being flushable, but even so, trying to build a factory in the US will be a nightmare from all the regulations and other expenses. You will not be able to compete with the bigs in terms of financial, legal and other resources and the prices you would need to charge would price you out of the market

You seem to just want to argue based on thing that don't matter. I have no time for that. I have addressed most of the issues you have brought already when I actually wrote out my supply list. Besides that, your suggestion wraps right back around to the problem I was supposed to solve. I don't care for  competing with the "bigs". I can be profitable off of a much smaller user base.

Now, I just take people at their word and their own definitions. The advocates of "natural" and "organic" always demonize processing by human action since, in the case of fertilizer, it is the same chemical whether they are in a "natural" fertilizer or extracted from some other source and used. I am just looking for honesty or as the regulators say "truth in packaging". If I see dishonesty, calling something that is highly processed and disposable diapers are way more complex than cloth diapers so they are way more processed, I am going to call it And it does not matter who does it. In that sense it matters. Especially when it comes to cultural sacred cows. If something is "natural" or some derivative thereof, then I should be able to find it in nature

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

Now, I just take people at their word and their own definitions. The advocates of "natural" and "organic" always demonize processing by human action since, in the case of fertilizer, it is the same chemical whether they are in a "natural" fertilizer or extracted from some other source and used. I am just looking for honesty or as the regulators say "truth in packaging". If I see dishonesty, calling something that is highly processed and disposable diapers are way more complex than cloth diapers so they are way more processed, I am going to call it And it does not matter who does it. In that sense it matters. Especially when it comes to cultural sacred cows. If something is "natural" or some derivative thereof, then I should be able to find it in nature

Then you should read what people write and not add to it. 

15 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Salt is a completely inorganic substance, disposable diapers contain pulp made from wood. That wood is organic, not sure what kind of tree is used. But those diapers have some organic material in them, which is more than the zero organic material in salt. 

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

All I ever said was biodegradable and eco-friendly.

Organic does not in fact have any agreed upon industry standard definition in the United States . Look up all the thousands of articles written about what a scam that term is in the food industry and how people think they are doing more environmentally friendly consumption and paying higher prices are getting ripped of by the likes of Walmart and whole foods who are intentionally fleecing customers , Why ?because they can .

I explained earlier that being biodegradable, based on an article on landfills from REASON would release toxins into the environment when the things degraded, how "eoc-friendly" is that and single-use items are not eco-friendly by nature I did not define those terms and "eco" anything is a buzzword and has been such since '77 and a cultural sacred cow

While I suppose you could make them biodegradable using the Dryper model, ;they would be more than people would be willing to pay. This I gather from an attempt in c1990 to create biodegradable plastic bags using corn. Nobody was interested. I know this because a nephew of a fiiend of mine was involved with the company that was trying to do this and they got no takers at the price. The problem with plastic bags is twofold, they are not sturdy enough and the largest size used in markets is to small. Some places like Savers have good sized ones. If those became universal so that I didn't need 3 bogs for a normal grcery order and if they were about twice as thick, they would be fully re-usable and worth saving. Back in the day, we used to save paper bags There used to be a kind of pull-out storage space under refrigerators where we would folld them up and put them. I still save plastic bags and use them for disposa. The idea is sound, it is just that the implementation is deficient. If they were universally available in  twice the size they are in markets and twice the thickness, we would not have to buy special-use trash and garbage bags like we do now

Even if you could get around this. You wouod still have the problems of regulations and wages, and lack the "economy of scale" that the bigs have, all of which would drive the price up more. I do not know if such a price could be supported in a niche market like ABDL, which, on the scale of things, is small, Flushability of the body of the unit would put it into the system thout could handle it and reusability of the watproof part would be a big plus and would keep everything out of the shrinking landfill space so you would eliminate the "post consumer" storage. But you would still have the price issue. For one thing, there is a big difference between the $5.00 a day in the Third World and a US minimu wage of $15.00 an hour unless you made all jobs part-time or relied heavily on automation, which you would have to pioneer. A decent product is doable but I do not think at a price that people would be willing to pay or the market large enough to sustain itself though it would be 4 time better than what is the going thing now,. But then, AB's would want what they had as real babies. What I would envision is a full-size affair made of the padding, with a paper outer layer and SAP, if desired, between the two with some kind of stay-dry liner, secured to the re-usable wetproof panty. The whole would need to be big enough to feel "padded". It would be helpful if you could crack the nursing home market

11 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Organic does not in fact have any agreed upon industry standard definition in the United States . Look up all the thousands of articles written about what a scam that term is in the food industry and how people think they are doing more environmentally friendly consumption and paying higher prices are getting ripped of by the likes of Walmart and whole foods who are intentionally fleecing customers , Why ?because they can .

Right here: https://www.ams.usda.gov/grades-standards/organic-standards

Location: you might check in the Delaware Oh. area, it's near the center of the state and I-71, Or just up the road ( about 10 mi.) In Morrow County near I-71 May have a lower County tax rate. The Dollar store built a large warehouse at I-71 and St. Rt. 61 might find room near them. I just talked to someone I know who Is going in to interview for a job at a diaper factory near Delaware. 

As for location. People are fleeing the Northeast and West coast. Why? There is a direct correlation between location on the political spectrum and business climate; which means what? Taxes and regulations, which will be piled on top of Federal taxes and rgs. You will probably locate in the southern US, maybe Tennesee or Alabama as they are soliciting businesses, especially manufacturing, to move there