LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Struggling with bedwetting

Veg

Hello! So ive just hit the 5 month mark of my untraining journey. I'm getting better at peeing in every position as well as relaxing and going more often. The bihhest hurdle currently remains bedwetting. I've yet to have a wet night at all and often end up wakeing up with an extreme pain in my bladder after it being not used alot in the day time, but being full to bursting at night. I take sleeping medication and have female plumming, if that effects anything. Any tips?

Bedwetting was something psychological to me. There was a mental block that had to be overcome. I used many approaches to overcome thing, including regular hypnosis, regular self-reinforcement (telling myself that I'm a bedwetter), and dedication while taking comfort in being a bedwetter for the rest of my life. It had to be something that my mind accepted and expected on a deep level, or otherwise my mind may have fought against it. So, I suggest looking at what possible hang-ups you might have, or look what else may be stopping you from feeling as secure as possible in this fate.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Bedwetting was something psychological to me.

Seconding this. 

It seemed that in-general when I was more...at peace?...with untraining, I would wake up wet more often. Whereas when I struggled with it or was stressed out too much, it just wouldn't happen. 

That said, there's definitely some amount of wetting habituation too. As I'm deliberately detraining a bit atm (will retrain after some time), I have had at least one night where I woke up mid-pee but have otherwise had dry nights more often; before, I wouldn't wake up at all. I'm more aware, so I'm waking up when it happens but my mental and body reflex is still to wet without thinking about it and I have to deliberately stop it.

• Like 1

Don't feel badly, @Veg, although I understand your frustration. I am closing in on 3 years as a 24/7 diapernaut, but I still have not mastered the fine art of bedwetting on autopilot. I have had instances of it, particularly after a night drinking high-octane IPA's or copious amounts of red wine, but, it happens very infrequently. Which is somewhat ironic, considering that my lifetime fascination with diapers was seeded by the fact that I was an accomplished and prolific bet-wetter as a kid. 

I have found that it does help to go to bed in a at-least-slightly wet diaper; there seem to be fewer inhibitions to wetting something that has already been wet. I got this idea from @oznl; if you haven't read his Strange Days Indeed string on going 24/7, and his well-documented efforts, working on being able to go involuntarily overnight, give it a look.

Those with male plumbing are also up against the fact that, if the equipment is working properly, they tend to experience tumescence during REM sleep, which makes it hard to pee, even if you're trying to (say, in a dream), let alone involuntarily. Those with female bits aren't up against that physiological barrier, but regardless, there are still a lot of psychological barriers to overcome, deeply entrenched ones that have agency when you, yourself, do not, because you're not conscious. So, the struggle is real. Don't be too hard on yourself. At least when you wake up having to pee, you don't have to get up. Although being awakened by bladder pain, when you're wearing a diaper, must be frustrating. I don't have much in the way of pain, but I do sometimes get awakened by a need to go, and my first thought is always "Bloody hell, just GO, please - why am I rolling around in a diaper and still having to wake up to use it!?!" 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Veg said:

Hello! So ive just hit the 5 month mark of my untraining journey. I'm getting better at peeing in every position as well as relaxing and going more often. The bihhest hurdle currently remains bedwetting. I've yet to have a wet night at all and often end up wakeing up with an extreme pain in my bladder after it being not used alot in the day time, but being full to bursting at night. I take sleeping medication and have female plumming, if that effects anything. Any tips?

If my experience is anything to go by, 5 months may be a little too soon to expect a wet bed.  @sparklezBear had a massive head start because she'd been a champion bedwetter before.  I'd been dry at night since 2.5 years of age.

Reading back on my own chronicle, there were sure instances where I thought I’d wet the bed very early on but to be honest, I think like many in the early days of 24/7, I’d over-analysed and been overly optimistic in interpreting evidence (confirmation bias).

My drift into bedwetting was slow, morphing gradually from a habit of waking up and peeing multiple times during the night.

Over time, the degree of wakefulness required started to recede and on occasion, went outright missing (alcohol may have been a cause).

It wasn’t until a brief break in the plague pandemic saw my wife travel again and I could test myself without a nappy to find myself woken, cold and wet at 3am with soaked sheets.  Then I knew it was real (I CANNOT sleep in a wet bed, would NOT have deliberately done so and made sure my bladder was empty before I retired).

If you have a Fetlife account, I wrote a “101” article on it because I got so many questions about it.

https://fetlife.com/users/445082/posts/6694351

Just to amplify something @Little Sherri said though, go to bed wet already.  Being a wet (even just a bit damp) MASSIVELY lowered the psychological bar for subsequent nocturnal wettings for me but like bicycle training wheels, the need for that precondition fell away.

Since you’re never holding pee anyway (right?), you’d most likely be a tiny bit wet after changing for bed anyway.  I'm still a bit wet when I go to bed every night because I will have been in that nappy for a couple of hours already and I never hold pee anymore.

And don't over think it...    I quickly found out that any deliberate attempts to manage or broker bedwetting were completely counterproductive for me.  It kind of happens in its own time.

It's a pretty weird experience when you realise one morning that you peed whilst you were asleep as a grown up though.

Good luck

• Like 1