LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How does wearing diapers nearly 24/7 impact ability to hold your bladder?

The reason why I went to diaper almost 24/7 is because it was becoming a huge issue that I was always needing to hold in my pee and would run to the bathroom and sometimes within 30 minutes or less I was already struggling to hold in my pee again.  Needing to go several dozen times a day had become such a huge problem that I finally gave up and just started buying and wearing diapers.  While I am now wearing diaper most of the time, I always have that hope that sooner or later a urologist will come up with a simple cure to my issue that will either allow me to stop wearing diapers or to cut back to only needing them for long trips or periods when a restroom is not readily available.  Now I am reading that if you go to diapers 24/7 then your bladder muscles weaken and you may have a difficult or impossible task of going back to not wearing diapers again, is this true?  What can I do in order to keep my bladder muscles strong, or is there anything I can do?  I will admit that I have noticed how much easier it has become over the last year to continuously pee into my diaper without really even thinking about it. 

17 hours ago, ken2988 said:

The reason why I went to diaper almost 24/7 is because it was becoming a huge issue that I was always needing to hold in my pee and would run to the bathroom and sometimes within 30 minutes or less I was already struggling to hold in my pee again.  Needing to go several dozen times a day had become such a huge problem that I finally gave up and just started buying and wearing diapers.  While I am now wearing diaper most of the time, I always have that hope that sooner or later a urologist will come up with a simple cure to my issue that will either allow me to stop wearing diapers or to cut back to only needing them for long trips or periods when a restroom is not readily available.  Now I am reading that if you go to diapers 24/7 then your bladder muscles weaken and you may have a difficult or impossible task of going back to not wearing diapers again, is this true?  What can I do in order to keep my bladder muscles strong, or is there anything I can do?  I will admit that I have noticed how much easier it has become over the last year to continuously pee into my diaper without really even thinking about it. 

@ken2988

I would definitely talk to your doctor if you have concerns about your bladder and its strength. If you’re asking whether wearing a diaper 24 seven causes incontinence, the answer is no. In order for that to be a case in point, you have to train your body and your bladder and your head to allow for yourself to release in a diaper. All your life, you have been using the ability to use the bathroom, and that is because your bladder has been trained Not to allow you to release in a diaper. Your muscles are trained to hold it back. If for some reason, you were having issues with your bladder or your bowels and the muscles are weakening because of the fact that they are not as strong as they are or were. Remember, that there is no shame in wearing diapers if you have to wear them, are you want to use them. There are several people here that are incontinent some of them one way some of them both ways – I am incontinent both ways, and have had trouble with control issues for a few years.

As I say to other people here:  there are people who want to know how to untrain themselves, and I always tell them that the easiest way to entertain yourself is to start wearing diapers 24 seven, and eventually your body will get used to having a diaper on, and know that it is safe to release, provided that you train your body to allow it. If you are used to releasing when you have a diaper on, that comes with time. You simply do not automatically start wearing diapers just because you put one on. You have to train your body to do that. You can trade in your body to hold your urine or your fecal matter if you are strong enough and have the right muscle tone, but if there is damage to your muscles, you may not be able to do so.

if for some reason you find out that you are unable to strengthen your muscles, then at least you gave it your best shot. As I said there is no shame in using diapers, and there is no shame that you should worry about should you not be able to control your muscles after you give it that shot. I have learned from experience that the most important thing is that You should live your life to the fullest, and not worry about the small stuff. My problem is I worry about everything, and I worry about things that I shouldn’t, or worry about things that are really silly. I have learned that wearing diapers is not the end of the world regardless of what happens, and if the worst thing that ever happened to me as I wear diapers for the rest of my life as a result of my disability, then at least I can live my life comfortably if everything else works out to my favor.

Check with your doctor – he should be able to give you advice either way – but don’t lose hope, because either way as long as you do your best and you give it your best try no one will look down upon you.

Brian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

first thing to do as all have said see your doctor but something you could do is still wear diapers but still try to get to restroom but if you can not make it you have diaper or pull up on to catch any leaks do not know what else to tell you 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@ken2988

I would definitely talk to your doctor if you have concerns about your bladder and its strength. If you’re asking whether wearing a diaper 24 seven causes incontinence, the answer is no. In order for that to be a case in point, you have to train your body and your bladder and your head to allow for yourself to release in a diaper. All your life, you have been using the ability to use the bathroom, and that is because your bladder has been trained Not to allow you to release in a diaper. Your muscles are trained to hold it back. If for some reason, you were having issues with your bladder or your bowels and the muscles are weakening because of the fact that they are not as strong as they are or were. Remember, that there is no shame in wearing diapers if you have to wear them, are you want to use them. There are several people here that are incontinent some of them one way some of them both ways – I am incontinent both ways, and have had trouble with control issues for a few years.

As I say to other people here:  there are people who want to know how to untrain themselves, and I always tell them that the easiest way to entertain yourself is to start wearing diapers 24 seven, and eventually your body will get used to having a diaper on, and know that it is safe to release, provided that you train your body to allow it. If you are used to releasing when you have a diaper on, that comes with time. You simply do not automatically start wearing diapers just because you put one on. You have to train your body to do that. You can trade in your body to hold your urine or your fecal matter if you are strong enough and have the right muscle tone, but if there is damage to your muscles, you may not be able to do so.

if for some reason you find out that you are unable to strengthen your muscles, then at least you gave it your best shot. As I said there is no shame in using diapers, and there is no shame that you should worry about should you not be able to control your muscles after you give it that shot. I have learned from experience that the most important thing is that You should live your life to the fullest, and not worry about the small stuff. My problem is I worry about everything, and I worry about things that I shouldn’t, or worry about things that are really silly. I have learned that wearing diapers is not the end of the world regardless of what happens, and if the worst thing that ever happened to me as I wear diapers for the rest of my life as a result of my disability, then at least I can live my life comfortably if everything else works out to my favor.

Check with your doctor – he should be able to give you advice either way – but don’t lose hope, because either way as long as you do your best and you give it your best try no one will look down upon you.

Brian

Well said Brian! Listen buddy, I have a friend who wants to become a bedwetter, and he's still having difficulty with that. he's been wearing diapers 24/7 for 2 months and still hasn't achieved his goal. He's wanted to be a bedwetter for 10 years now. And I think @peepantsx could really use your advice. Will you help him??☺️???❤️???❤️?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Diaper wearing 24/7 does not on its own create incontinence, but, if the mindset is correct, it will. For the 'average' fully continent person, if they relax and void every time they get the urge ignoring the state of their diaper (ie not worrying about leaks etc.) the mind will revert to the same control one had as a baby - not technically incontinent, but unable to keep pants / diaper clean and dry without conscious thought. This is the state a pre-toilet trained child is at.

Over time, due to relaxation and non stretching of the bladder / bowels, both will revert to the small capacity of pre toilet trained child which means that one will neet to void 2-3 times an hour 24/7.

Unfortunately, if for some reason one is unable to void as the average continent person due to a birth defect or subsequent injury, since there is an error in the system, the mind tries to fix the error, not in the way an ABDL wants. As a result, medical intervention in the form of botox / stents etc. are needed to create the desired incontinence. However, most medical staff's arrogance means that they want to 'fix' the person to become 'normal' rather than what the paitent desires.

So, in a word, it is possible to regain your pre toilet trained lack of control, but if something has altered the trained system after it has been trained, intervention is needed.