LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Being cranky, bratty, and tantrumy as a toddler/little kid

TerribleTwo

The "Terrible Twos" are a thing for a reason. Toddlers love to go red in the face, cry, scream, throw their limbs in every direction, and shout "NO!" at the top of their lungs. Do you engage with this, or at the very least, want to?

• Like 1

No, I'm generally a good little boy. But sometimes I want to. LOL!?? Hehehehe!??❤️ Being naughty is fun and sometimes I want to follow in my big brother's footsteps!?????❤️ And then I would love it if an daddy tried to soothe me and dominate me and tell me how things are gonna be. and then hug me and give me cuddles and snuggles.☺️❤️??❤️??❤️??

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I admit, I can be bratty. I pout when I don't get my way, and have gotten caught up in screaming and crying when in little space......... It's not intentional. My little side is just emotional haha

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Notme said:

I admit, I can be bratty. I pout when I don't get my way, and have gotten caught up in screaming and crying when in little space......... It's not intentional. My little side is just emotional haha

@Notme

I remember one day I had a picture that I saw on Facebook:  One of my nieces grandmothers had her for the week, and she was probably about 1 1/2 maybe two or three years old. Grammy said “this is the I’m not gonna eat, I’m not going to sleep, I’m not gonna do anything type face“ she looked like she could burn the rust off of an old Chevrolet with a scowl that I saw in the picture.  

I also had a seven-year-old friend when I was in Florida on vacation, that was diagnosed with ADHD. They were times that if he did not have his medication properly administered, and then properly regulated, that he would go flying off the handle. One day we decided that we were going to go to a local get together at a local park. I was staying with one individual, and that was the day I was going to transfer to the other individuals home. Both of the people I stayed with have boys. They wanted to climb a tree, and have fun, so they went to do this, being told that they need to be within sight, and not too high up in the tree.

when my friend decided that her son was too high in the tree, and my other friend agreed, both mothers called their sons down from the tree, telling them that they were too high, and it was almost time to leave. One mother’s son decided that it was time to have a major meltdown:   He said “NO”, like anyone who wanted to keep doing what he was doing, and he was asked again:  THEN, in response, he called his mom every nasty name in the book, and by the time he got done, I was in shock and aghast. The things that he called his mother were things that I would never ever ever ever say to mine, and I would probably get my butt whipped severely for what he said, if I had said it to mine.  Because of his outburst, and because of his ADHD, his mother had to remove him from the place where we were having the get together, and drive him home, removing him from the situation entirely, because he could not control his temper.

if you think the terrible twos are bad, the way my friend reacted was five times worse than a two year old having a major meltdown. He was so out of control, that he was told to go to the car, and he was still having a tantrum when he was told to stay there. I don’t know what his mother decided to do for a punishment, but I don’t think he was able to go out side for a long time, because he was on “restriction“ for his little tantrum. When I saw that, And I talk to my other friend, she said “man I would’ve whipped his butt within an inch of his life if one of my sons acted like that” I told her “he’s been acting up like that all week, I don’t think he’s able to go outside for the next six months” it may be because of his medicine that this happened, but I was totally shocked. There may be times that I may disagreed with an adult, or a grown-up, as a little kid or as a teenager, but there was NO WAAAAAY I would talk to an adult like that, or act like that in a public setting. For one thing it’s humiliating, and it makes you look like a fool.

let’s just say when I came home from Tallahassee on that trip, I learned a lot about myself and other children, so that I can be a better uncle to my nieces and my nephews. My brother James dealt with a situation with his daughter, where she would “fake cry“ to try to get his attention or to get her way. She would end up starting, and then James  would let her get away with it for about 15 or 20 minutes. After that, he would calmly walk over to her, Come down to her level, look her right in the face, and then say “STOP”.  in a very firm voice. He would give her another 5 to 10 minutes, and then repeat this for at least three attempts. Eventually, she did calm down. I guess it all depends on what happens, and the child.

my good friends daughter was another example of this: she was staying at her grandmothers house: her mother told her that she was going to be able to go outside and have fun and play. The one thing that she insisted on however, was that she was properly dressed. Which means she had her diaper on, her clothes, her shoes, and anything else that she thought was appropriate for the weather. Well, her daughter decided that she was going to have a “terrible twos moment“ and was screaming bloody murder  (so LOUD that we could hear her tantrum at my house from her grandmothers house, which was directly behind mine) and having a real temper tantrum, complete with red face, pounding fists, Flailing legs, and a ton of volume. All her mother wanted her to do was to put her clothes on. This took another two hours. Once she got over to my house, she was swimming with all of us, and she had fun. I can’t remember exactly what caused the next problem, but her daughter ended up having another “meltdown“ and then after her mother had heard enough of this, she said “if you don’t calm down by the time I count to 15, you’re going home“. She screamed and cried for another two minutes, saying that she didn’t want to go home, and her mother just repeated if you don’t come down by the time I count to 15, you’re going home. If you calm down, you won’t have to go home“  I think she counted to 11 that day ?

temper tantrum‘s are usually happening because kids that are in the terrible twos range are experimenting with their ability to try to control situations.    They probably feel like they don’t have any choice, even though they are given some choice, andIf they can’t deal with being told “no” then, the only way that they can deal with being told “no” is to expel all their energy, and it is like releasing a vacuum bottle’s pressure: It’s Gonna happen, because that is the only way the kid can deal with it, especially being old enough to understand, but unable to understand that sometimes, parents say no to protect them, and saying yes isn’t necessarily something they will get immediately just because they “Put on a show”  In fact doing this may make it worse, or get the kid in worse trouble:   Being “bratty” and maybe  a few foot stomps, Saying “NO” and a small amount of floor pounding, crying,  Pouting, and having Scowling Faces are one thing. Having full-blown temper tantrum’s, that could end up injuring someone, or could result in The subject of the tantrum getting hurt, because he can’t calm down, are quite another. My seven or your old friend was on medication for ADHD, so it was almost impossible for him to calm down without being able to be removed from the situation for several minutes, and then he still didn’t calm down. Kids normally have tempertantrums, and I expect as an uncle that I am probably going to be dealing with some of them from time to time myself.

@BabySpiderBoyI could only imagine what would happen if @Notme had a temper tantrum like I described. Her wife probably would put her in the corner, or give her a good spanking.  I’ve even seen Parents who deal with tantrums by picking up their kids, giving them a big hug, and just letting them cry it out, making sure that they are held securely so that they feel loved and secure. If they are calmly talk to and reasoned with, and allowed to calm down, most of the time it works very well, depending on who were talking about.   it All depends on who it is, and how they deal with children. ?❤️?

@Notme  I am sure when you have a “tantrum“ that you can end up using all of your skills to make it look, or make you look cute while it’s being done.  A couple of the examples above were of the type where someone is under two, while my friend that is seven, he was the one who ended up losing all control. I agree that pouting can be cute, and can be used your advantage when you were little. The difference is that you don’t want to overdo it, because eventually it may not work as effectively as before. Being a brat is part of being a little, I just hope that I don’t see a Tantrum where someone actually gets hurt.
***HUGS to you***

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information

@~Brian~ haha, I have heard its hard to stay mad at me. Probably why I am so spoiled, even though I can be a brat lol. People just like doing things for me, I dunno why. Luckily I married someone that finds my crying and pouting hard to resist hehehe ?

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I have times when I feel like kicking and saying no and pouting and crying. Usually its because I'm feeling super little and dealing with big feelings that are harder to control when I'm in that head space. Generally when I'm in that head space, having someone who is understanding is better than someone who just wants to spank me and make me do what they say. If I'm in the right headspace I can control the urge to act out a lot better. 

• Like 2