LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It's never good...

DailyDi

On 10/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, DailyDi said:

Its never good when a doctor calls you at seven at night, on a Sunday.

So my MRI came back and it's not cancer or anything like that, but my bottom two spinal discs are drying out and degenerating. No real treatment. I don't know what to say right now: Being told that walking more than a few feet just means terrible agony for the rest of your life isn't really a hopeful situation to be in.

I would dispute the "no real treatment" part.  I'm working with one of the docs from This place right now, and he indicates that there are viable disc replacement options for the lumbar region.  And I know for a fact that there are treatment options if you're having either shooting pain down your legs or even just pain localized to the back.  

17 years ago, I was in your shoes.  Two levels of disc degeneration (L3-L4 and L4-L5).  I had an IDET procedure done, and it got me to walking easily and only having really bad back days.  Only reason we're revisiting the situation now is because the tech has finally evolved to a point where better solutions to stabilize the region are available. 

Give them a call.  They'll want to see your MRI, so plan on getting a CD from your doc for them.  It might be a hike down to Orlando from your spot, but it sounds like it'd be worth it to you.  

PS:  This guy has already basically rebuilt my right arm, so I'm much more willing to trust him with my back. 

3 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

I would dispute the "no real treatment" part.  I'm working with one of the docs from This place right now, and he indicates that there are viable disc replacement options for the lumbar region.  And I know for a fact that there are treatment options if you're having either shooting pain down your legs or even just pain localized to the back.  

17 years ago, I was in your shoes.  Two levels of disc degeneration (L3-L4 and L4-L5).  I had an IDET procedure done, and it got me to walking easily and only having really bad back days.  Only reason we're revisiting the situation now is because the tech has finally evolved to a point where better solutions to stabilize the region are available. 

Give them a call.  They'll want to see your MRI, so plan on getting a CD from your doc for them.  It might be a hike down to Orlando from your spot, but it sounds like it'd be worth it to you.  

PS:  This guy has already basically rebuilt my right arm, so I'm much more willing to trust him with my back. 

Orlando is a trek. I have the images from the MRI. Doc told me like fifteen times to make sure they gave me a disc at the hospital. I'm going to make another appointment with him and have a "what can we do" conversation with him. I'm 45, I'm not ready to give up on walking more than the distance to my mailbox.

• Haha 1