LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

6 months update

Today marks a little more than 6 months since I've achieved my goal of being in nappies 24/7.

Keeping this as brief as possible, it's been a remarkably enjoyable and calming experience, positive in almost every way.

Leaks are still relatively common at work, even after migrating to thicker all-plastic backed nappies. Leaks appear to be the result of press out or padding exposure. Once that happens, my 2nd layer cotton brief gets wet. Then if my plastics are too far up my leg exposing seams to the 2nd layer, it wicks through the sewing at the leg and out into clothing. Additional factor are my active job (being on my feet for part of my day)  and apparently my narrow body shape that means the bottom part of the rear wings are loose when I sit. I'm still experimenting to find a better fit for my work nappies. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed. At least nothing has been said. Outside of work, leaks are uncommon enough that I'm never concerned.

I've achieved some more micro-incontinence, and I feel small amounts exiting multiple times a day. At this stage, I cannot go back to non-absorbent underwear without re-strengthening muscles. The rest of my function is trending towards nappy dependence rather than completely involuntary incontinence. Now days my bladder rarely holds anything much except for during the most stressful times or events which demonstrates the effect of those stress hormones. Still, those times are short lived, and I can consciously overcome the given a brief moment.

For the last month I've had a guest living with me. Out of respect their nose, I've avoided messing my nappies voluntarily. Somewhat surprisingly, I've found that I've really been missing this. As such, I'll be reverting to using my nappies for everything once they leave. Using my nappies for everything without reservation also feels like a precursor to achieving the profound incontinence that I'm looking for, so I'm very motivated.

Until my next update, stay wet all :)

• Like 4

Congratulations on your semi-annual anniversary!  Do you also find it a bit strange to look back and think to yourself "What was I so worried about?  It's all do-able!"?

If I'm of any use as a template, the leaking thing did seem to get better for me over time as my body started voiding semi-automatically in very, very small amounts.  This seemed to give my nappy a better chance at managing the situation.  I think at 6 months I was still a bit leak-prone.

Leaks still happen, just less often than they used to and generally (assuming I'm not testing an Incontrol Essential), they are not as bad.

I wonder if we ever truly become incontinent or rather simply become dependent for reasons of overwhelming practicality as our bodies adapt.  Having said that, you may overtake me as I generally still practice faecal continence.  I do suspect this exacts a toll on my body's ability to let go.  Still, I'm becoming a VERY good bed wetter ?

15 hours ago, oznl said:

Congratulations on your semi-annual anniversary!  Do you also find it a bit strange to look back and think to yourself "What was I so worried about?  It's all do-able!"?

Absolutely ?. I'm really not so fussed now. I think that's down to accepting one's self as incontinent externally though. The effect is, even leaks at work don't cause freak-outs. Rather I acknowledge that I'm in a nappy out of need for some reason or other, and leaks are par for the course sometimes. That's not to suggest that I go out of my way to show off the wet patches. Rather I accept that there's not much I can do, people may indeed notice. Otherwise people are far too wrapped up in their own life to care about my choice of underwear. 

16 hours ago, oznl said:

If I'm of any use as a template, the leaking thing did seem to get better for me over time as my body started voiding semi-automatically in very, very small amounts.

While I'm on my feet, things tend to flow well without any thought. Sitting however seems to both kink the outlet and alter the sensation. I tend to have to fill a little more before my body realises there's something to release. If I sit for an hour then stand, usually there's a very minor flood released. I hope in time this resolves itself, although I suspect it'll remain given my central plumbing. 

16 hours ago, oznl said:

wonder if we ever truly become incontinent or rather simply become dependent for reasons of overwhelming practicality as our bodies adapt.

I can only say that I'm already partially incontinent. Weak pelvic floor muscles are seeing to that wonderfully. I suspect there will be a limit however, that the rest will be nappy dependence. Does it mean I need nappies less? No, I don't think. 

• Like 1