LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Status Change

As a lifelong AB/DL and a nightly bedwetter until age 17 with lifelong daytime issues I had my DD profile set to DL or AB/DL because I could manage without diapers. I had a full continence workup at a Boston hospital in the 90's and was diagnosed with OAB and urge incontinence. I still felt that incontinence was not as accurate or honest because diapers for me were an enjoyment more than a physical need. I have changed my status to incontinent because my needs changed.

My partner and I took a 2 week trip to the east coast (U.S.) to visit my family in July. I found out on this trip just how much I need to wear now. We took a trip to the beach and I wore a diaper there and brought my diaper bag. I put on my bathing suit in a changing room and went out on the beach with my children, grandchildren and other family members. It was a beautiful beach day and we set our things down not too far from the water. I never worried at the beach without protection because I could just go in the water and nobody would be the wiser, until this trip anyway. Twice during our day I was dry and lounging on a towel when I had the urge to pee. Both times I tried to push it back to no avail. Both times I had a full on wetting running down my legs as I tried to make it into the water. I have had issues with fecal incontinence occasionally which is somewhat upsetting. I don't enjoy that at all when this happens while diapered but hate it when it has happened while in underwear.

I have been wearing cloth diapers with plastic pants at night so I don't have to get up multiple times during the night since retirement. I think my wearing almost 80% of the time has gradually eroded what continence I did have.

I'm very fortunate to have a partner that is ABDL and perfectly okay with me in diapers full time. I'm also fortunate to live in a home with just the two of us that sits on almost a thousand acres. Our nearest neighbor is just over a mile from our driveway. Our house sits about a hundred yards back from the road and I have put in a big clothesline out in back of the house. I wash diapers every other day and hang them out to dry. All in all I'm very fortunate and don't need or want sympathy.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 6

@FretaBWet

It is OK to change your status: It is important to know what is going on. Some people start out as a AB, OR ABDL, OR DL, and then after a time they may change their status because their needs have changed as you have stated. In my case, I am incontinent both ways:  I am also a DL, because I love diapers as well as having to use them.

In my case I would also like to state that I am glad that I made the choice to go 24 seven. Being disabled sometimes brings challenges, and I am no different than anyone else.  I got tired of having to worry about having to run to the bathroom we’re having accidents because I am not fast enough. Getting older means that I have to accept The reality that I will have to use diapers probably for the remainder of my life, And if that’s the case and I am incontinent for the rest of my life, So be it – it is nothing that I can control, and I don’t worry about things that I can’t control or that are out of my control.  Diapers make my life easier and more convenient, and I am glad that I have made that choice.

I am glad to hear that you have a partner that understands your needs, and he’s not worried about you having to wear diapers. It is always a good thing when your partner understands what you are dealing with. Now all you have to do is to just let it happen. What I mean by this is, if you need to use the diaper use it. Do not worry about what other people say or what other people think or what other people believe. If you use diapers and you need them you need them do not feel bad and do not put yourself down because of it it is important that you be healthy happy comfortable and that you enjoy your life. Incontinence is it condition, Which you have but it does not have you and it should not have you. You have chosen to use diapers to deal with the situation and it’s cool, so don’t put yourself down or let yourself get down because you have to make a change. Some people start out as one status and then change to another status or add a status so it’s no big deal.

, Which you have but it does not have you and it should not have you. You have chosen to use diapers to deal with the situation and it’s cool, so don’t put yourself down or let yourself get down because you have to make a change. Some people start out as one status and then change to another status or add a status so it’s no big deal.

welcome to the world of functional incontinence!

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1