LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thoughts On Bulk

dlsafrica

I am eleven hours in to wearing my night time diaper. I decided 5PM works a lot better for last change of the day. 

Although in the daytime, bulky discoloration  is the first evidence that little baby has been a good boy or girl, can I just say that the thrill of bulk at night... the fact that one is lying on one's back and it is physically impossible for one's legs to be less than 9 centimeters apart is... an amazing sense of accomplishment that only AB's and DL's can understand. 

That while (I live in a block of flats) one hears evidence of people upstairs having their movements dictated by inanimate objects, it is possible to just lie down until one needs to get up. 

Anyone else's thoughts?

• Like 1

My thoughts on bulk are: If it wouldn't be comfortable on a baby or toddler, then it probably wouldn't be comfortable for me. There are some great high-absorbency products out there so there's no need for bulk. I wear cloth diapers with a sewn-in terry cloth soaker panel in the center and I use a Zorb3 booster (10" by 18"). It isn't too bulky and the Zorb 3 is extremely absorbent. As a matter of fact, it's hours before I even feel the wetness. About 30 seconds after I pee, all the wetness is absorbed and there's only a little dampness.

In the early days, it was the more the merrier. This was because the more material there was, the more wetness it could contain.. The bulk was spread all over the chastity area, not just between the legs. Real diapers have bulk along the sides, too. Even the early throw-aways had bulk. When DPF was marketing its early disposable Tommy described a baby in diaper and noted that "it stuck out at the sides about 2". That's what we want". Prior to prefolds, with their added layers in the center, multiple diapers, up to 3 were used at night and the material was pretty evenly destributed throughout. Added material in the crotfch makes wet take longer to exit that area. This substance is caustic and the skin in that area is delacate so the longer it stays there, the more chance it can do harm;  even with protectants  a diaper made of 3 layers of material will abosorb as much as a 2x4x2; the typical prefold and move it away from the body more quickly. Also, folding a diaper and stuffing it in the crotch is just the lazy wey to add material and where it ican do the most damage. You would do better to double-diaper. For a Newborn, if you were using Curity 21x40's you were told just to fold it in quarters., which is why I have said for years that a proper adlut version would be about 44 x84 (to allow for shrinkage). If you have good bulk on the sides, you can feel it. Also, in the cause of late potty trainers, little girls were easier to deal with than boys since girls, being in dresses, usually full-circle skirted, could be kept more thickly diapered

Also, there was no diference in how baby/toddler boys and girls diapers were folded since they usually came up to or beyond the navel and were pretty wide at the sides and the wet wicked away more quickly, to be evenly spread through the material anyway so itmade no sense to pile up the material in the front or back; it all ended up the same

Over time, this had an effect on the development of rubber panties. The biggest factor was, though called "rubber" by most persons, plastic was not stretchy like rubber. This had an effect in the shape of baby panties. Back in the early days, panties were different. It was like they were made of two rear halvess joined together rathere than the legs-forward "fittted" or "tailored" style. In use they looked like 15th century "Pantaloons" or "slops"; full cut all thw way around with ultra-short "legs". They still had a wide crotch. The fit was adjusted by Mommy when the little one was diapered, sometimes the waistband and legbands were tucked under the diaper or left as is with the material extending well above and below the diaper by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch But that was before prefolds. Do not forget, also, the first plastic panties were homemade; I do not know of any cmmercially made before 1947 and reports of homemade ones go back to the middle of the War when rubber was being rationed. It was most likely that mothers sumply folded and cut the material to shape with the front and back being equal rather than trimming one sidd (the front) more finely. She would also want it to accommodate more diapers and growth of the baby so that she would not need to keep making new ones every 3 months or so. If I recall aright, even some of the earliest manufactured ones were not "fitted" and some of the adult ones sold by "Agape", the precursor to A.C. Medical were not with forward-facing leg openings in the 1990's. Also, the earlier ones had leg openings that were noticeably less sharply angled from the crotch to the sides as later. A 1948 baby panty would be about 5" at the sides and crotch with an unstreched waist about the same across, which in adult size would be about 12-14". These were also called "baby bloomers",  but they were not bloomers. I once heard "baby pantaloons", which they were more like than bloomers. The re-shaping came about with thinner diapering and prefoldes and less showiness was desired. So, over the course of about 4 years, they went from the very full "pantaloon" style to a kind of panty style, though full-cut, less so and with the forward facing legs to accommodate the center-bulked, narrower dipaers

• 1 month later...

Yes, I do love thick and bulgy diapers. Usually I wear a Confidry 24/7 disposable (as a liner) under a large pull-on cloth diaper (from Babykins) and another one on top with an xl size over plastic pants. Bulk? Kinda. But I can wear them in public with very large baggy clothes. I guess some people could tell but I've only had a few ones saying something. I just say I've had incon issues. A few women have noticed and I get a  little blush in the face. Using 3 diapers are pretty bulky but I don't have to change for maybe 24 hours. Sometimes I wear them when they get saturated I just keep the disposable (I use a pinwheel to puncture the plastic shield and drain the pee) and change my cloth diapers with dry ones. Gives me about 48 hours. Even if I have multiple poo loads. Bulk works fine. Actually, they're great. Now you'll have to excuse me while I go do whatever I want, all the time.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

My thought is..  if cloth diapers it will cause extra laundry, if disposeable diapers it wastes about 11 diapers.

But yea if it is bulk with no waste then cloth. I sewn my own fitted cloth diapers and they are extremely padded in the middle. Only managed to get about 6 on total and it was impossable to get my legs to closer then 8 inches together and It was about a 1 foot thick so it was not really that comfy and alot of extra laundry. 

If it is just to ensure you can't close your legs they make spreader pants called bestfixsystems that act as a hip abduction device but are closer to your diaper than a wedge and allow you to crawl or waddle unlike a spica cast and they lock on with segufix locks so if you don't have access to the key your pretty much helpless to get them off and trying to not use your diaper would be quite hard and if in onepiece  footed pajamas and the the bestfixsystems  pants you would have no hope of not useing the diaper as you would need the key to remove the harness to even get the pajamas off. ?

Problem is they are really expensive.  

For me, bulky diapers often remind me why I am an adult baby and why I am kept in diapers. Often times I am in them as punishment because I can't keep my diapers dry or I stink so badly. Whenever I am in a bulky, super thick diaper, I am in them with no hope of being able to close my legs or even hide my diapers. I'm often times forced to waddle or even crawl on all fours. Bulky diapers just let's people know why I am kept in diapers.

• Like 2

The babyDoll Diaper:

What it is

With three rubber pantiew, you are NOT  closing your leggs above the knee any time soon
How to amke it

• Like 1

Actually, bulk is of concern to a Little more than a baby since the latter is blissfully unaware, not having reached the level of consciousness to know, let alone care that its legs have been forced and held open. So it is really the adult that is reacting. Of that, it is of more concern to a girl since little boys really cannot be put in very thick diapers without it looking ridiculous. Being is skirts and dresses, even the short little ones, girls can be  VERY thickly diapered without it looking out of sorts. My clothes can totally accommodate a double or "full"  BabyDoll diaper. Did you ever see what a 4 or even 7 year old girl gets like when she is heavily diapered?

19 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Actually, bulk is of concern to a Little more than a baby since the latter is blissfully unaware, not having reached the level of consciousness to know, let alone care that its legs have been forced and held open. So it is really the adult that is reacting. Of that, it is of more concern to a girl since little boys really cannot be put in very thick diapers without it looking ridiculous. Being is skirts and dresses, even the short little ones, girls can be  VERY thickly diapered without it looking out of sorts. My clothes can totally accommodate a double or "full"  babydoll diaper. Did you ever see what a 4 or even 7 year old girl gewts like shen she is heavily diapered

I think it has nothing to to do with adult part it has to do with society in general?

I had a longer reply but after 12hrs of realiseing how unfilted it was and 60pages of slamming society's standards came up with a shor and sweet version. 

If the boy and girl were both in only the thick diaper which looks more redicolus?

My answer would be they look the same ?

If society's standards were never there and they were both wearing dresses or skirts which looks more redicolus?

Answer thay both look the same.

Problem isn't age it is society's standards beaten into everyone scence birth. 

I will leave it at that for my response.

• Like 2

I am from the heyday of bulky diapers because it was the heyday of cloth diapers. They girl would not look ridiiculous because she would be wearing a loose-skirted dress most of the time and the bulge would not show. They boy would look ridicuous because He would need pants that would accommodate the huge bulge. and the usual villain of the piece, "society's standards" has nothing to do with it. He would think it looks dumb humself. I said it was not a baby issue said how come. It was a  "little [3-2/3+ years]"

5 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

I am from the heyday of bulky diapers because it was the heyday of cloth diapers. They girl would not look ridiiculous because she would be wearing a loose-skirted dress most of the time and the bulge would not show. They boy would look ridicuous because He would need pants that would accommodate the huge bulge. and the usual villain of the piece, "society's standards" has nothing to do with it. He would think it looks dumb humself. I said it was not a baby issue said how come. It was a  "little [3-2/3+ years]"

Makes sense but it still shows the effect of society's standards. I should explain it better from how I'm looking at it so you can understand how I'm thinking a bit better. 

But I really can't do that right now. I just spent over 2hrs typeing and by the end realised even if what was typed was true I don't have the ability ot filter it like usual so it doesn't come off in the wrong way. 

I don't conform to society and only blend in with society by filtering everything I do or say. That only works for me when I don't have my thought process in overload. 

I erased everything which was about 6 pages long because hopeing that you would understand my unfiltered thought process isn't a hope it is a dream and it would never happen. 

So the simple short explination is ..

If the boy himself would think it looked dumb who taught him what looks dumb and who taught his parents parents what looked dumb and who taught them and keep going back and realise history and culture is what influences society's set of rules. 

and what does everyone call partents that can't get their children to conform to society? Bad parents. 

You can say what you want it won't change my view because I don't and won't conform to society. To much damage was caused when I tried to see what it would be like. 

Just so you know 

Kilts = skirts

Robes = dresses

Togas = dresses

I would like to know when society said dresses and skirts were for girls 

And boys should wear pants and end up with erectile disfunction or sterility?

Anyways society's fùcked up standards change too much to even bother trying to conform to society. 

I'm going to watch a movie or something simply because I need to do something that doesn't require me to filter my thought process and being online requires me to filter what I say in a way others can understand. I can't do it correctly right now with my thougt processes in overload and working on other things. 

• Like 1

[RANT] Get your head out  villiflying 'society". Thlere is no such thing as "society", it is only the collection of what individuals think. At this point, what you are going on about is in the past so you can do absolutely nothing about it and it was done for a reason. Stop blaming others and be your own person. This starts with thinking for yourself. "Society" was and is not ALWALYS wrong, It  has survived for 6000 years: And chaged and adapted and gotten better at times and worse at times. I am so sick of "society this and society that". There are times when social norms ARE worse than some persons think and some times when they are better. the "Society stinks 24/7/52" clamorers are Narcissitic counterfeit individualists who almost invariably are two young (undeveloped and inexperienced) to know what is going on and use the tools that are there to better thenselves or even guard themselvers from the older folks who seek to use them for their own ends. When I hear or see things like "who's to say what is 'normal'", or "What is 'normal'?", been there, done that and I tune right out. Learn to live your own life. You live in the best society that ever existed in the history of the world. Look at how we value free speech AS a society. and look at who is trying to destroy it [/RANT]

For many reasons, it does not matter: Get OVER it or you will fall into the hands of the nest Alex Jones or Q Anon. Personal autonomy is far too often defined as screaming "NO!" at the top of your lungs to everything; or "Reality stinks" , "Soceity stinks" or "the world stinks" 24/7/52. Personal autonomy is knowing WHEN and WHY to say "no" and WHEN and WHY to say "yes" and nat do so like a poor baby or the Eternal Angry Man, neither of whome anyone wants to be around. As the Little Girl, I can assure you ; THAT  Emperor is buck nekked

In real life in 1954, a little boy of 5 would feel that the big bulge in his pants is dumb. Whether that was the effect of society is irrelevant. Nobody cared or even thought in thouse terms. You are the only one bringing it up like this. This is the last I aml going to say on it, it is blowing up the topic.

7 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

In real life in 1954, a little boy of 5 would feel that the big bulge in his pants is dumb. Whether that was the effect of society is irrelevant. Nobody cared or even thought in thouse terms. You are the only one bringing it up like this. This is the last I aml going to say on it, it is blowing up the topic.

I can't debate anything in that response. Even if I tried because It seems accurate for the 1950s I was born in the 80's so have no clue if anyone like me in the 50's was around. I also agree on it inflateing the topic, I thought it was said in general until this response because this is the first response with a time period range. 

With the date added in I still don't know if the boy would think it was dumb if there was a actual purpouse. I do think he would hate every second of it out of pure embarrasment and think it made him look like a idiot and it would lower his self esteem.  I'm not shure if anyone cared about self esteem in the 50's but either way I'm shure the boy would have felt like he was worth less as a person . 

I'm still running off a unfiltered response however there is nothing I can say about a view point of a time period I did not experience other than what I know from what was told to me.  As for the part about self esteem I know if I had the mindset of that time period It would lower my self esteem. 

Thank you for shareing the experience of when you were growing up.  When you said the time of cloth diapers it didn't click with me because alot of people never stopped useing cloth diapers ?

I have been in a overloaded thought process scence the 26th of last month. It is quite messing with my ability to add anything more than simple thoughts and it is messing with my normal thought processing. 

I'm currently not at my usual processing abilities and I'm sorry about that and Thank You for simplifying it for me by saying 1954 it gave my currently severly hindered thought processing the 1 thing it needed to realise it was you shareing a experience of what it was like growing up in the 50's. 

I'm going to have to go back to watching movies though. I'm haveing the worse time with thought processing. I probally won't be back on for at least 10hrs. Got to try to keep my phone screen on the darker side. The thought process overload is causeing what I call a severe headache, my mom would call it a migrane. 

Your first line has it exactly right! It is the PAST. There is nothing to debate because it makes no difference because nothing can be done because it is over and done

Now, back to topic, which I know about because... well, look at my age. However that past was part of the heyday of cloth diapers and therefore BULKY diapers. The early plastic panties were not commonly "forward facingf" because they were made to be full-cut to accommodate 3 full-size diapers. This was before the pre-folds came out in '51  and really did not become common until a bit later, maybe '56. Diapers were huge and a night diapering was often 3 of them. The panties looked loke those 15th-16th century "pantaloons"; very full with very short "legs". You put them on and arranged them to how you woere diapering

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Your first line has it exactly right! It is the PAST. There is nothing to debate because it makes no difference because nothing can be done because it is over and done

Now, back to topic, which I know about because... well, look at my age. However that past was part of the heyday of cloth diapers and therefore BULKY diapers. The early plastic panties were not commonly "forward facingf" because they were made to be full-cut to accommodate 3 full-size diapers. This was before the pre-folds came out in '51  and really did not become common until a bit later, maybe '56. Diapers were huge and a night diapering was often 3 of them. The panties looked loke those 15th-16th century "pantaloons"; very full with very short "legs". You put them on and arranged them to how you woere diapering

Ok, now I get what you were saying. Looking at it in threw me as a child I would hate it with a passion and probally be ripping it off and getting my a§ beat a nice black and blue color on a daily basis. 

No wonder boys didn't like sitting still in the 50's they had tenderized a§es constantly. ?

Knowing you were talking about the 50's, I wouldn't have made it past age 7 without being beaten to deat and ditched on the side of the road. 

Because if it was the 50's The second my mom said I brought you in to this world I can take you out of it.  I would have said good do it. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

You know thinking about it and how fked my life is.. I wouldn't have died. 

Even if I tried to do it myself, I would have still survived ?

33 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

Ok, now I get what you were saying. Looking at it in threw me as a child I would hate it with a passion and probally be ripping it off and getting my a§ beat a nice black and blue color on a daily basis. 

No wonder boys didn't like sitting still in the 50's they had tenderized a§es constantly. ?

Knowing you were talking about the 50's, I wouldn't have made it past age 7 without being beaten to deat and ditched on the side of the road. 

Because if it was the 50's The second my mom said I brought you in to this world I can take you out of it.  I would have said good do it. ?

I can ONLY imagine your mom's reaction to you saying that. LOL!????

• Like 1

Now you know why, when I see references to being "paddeed' with paper diapers, I just laugh. Even the old prefolds and contour  cloth diapers were more padded. And if you ever tried the double BabyDoll diaper. Well, guess what. The rule was , since Mom had to take care of the things and go through all the work, "If the kid didn't mind wearing them, then the diapers were too thin". You wanted them out of diapers as fast as possible

I don't remember much about diapers as a child. 

What I remember was being caught in my sister's pullup because I was tired of the bedwetting issue I had . Being yelled at and scolded. 

I was raised until age of 10 by my grandparents. 

You talk about getting kids out of diapers soon ? I never saw any baby photos with me in diapers at all. The only photo of me as a baby has my buck a§ naked on my great grand mother's knee penis on her knee cap. 

Sorry but I think 6months old is way too soon ?

Hey they got what they wanted  laundry every day and a toddler pissing in the trashcan in the kitchen ??

Now aim for the toilet oops hit the seat ..

Work on your aim .. OK ..

Ouch ?

WTF was that?

I was working on my aim and needed to see. The light bulb blew. 

What? 

I used the lamp and the 100watts mark 

You what?

How did that feel? Your pee pee get bit ?

I ment aim in the toilet with the light on in the bathroom. 

You weren't clear on what you wanted ?

Yea I worked on my aim alright and had 110v of electricity traveling threw my dick as the 100watt bulb exploded ?

P!ss all over my grandmother's bedroom, what was left of the light bulb was smoking. 

They say don't p!ss on a electric fence.

12v ha  ?  I got 110v  ?I win ??

For some reason, parents or caregivers liked to have pix of the toddlers bollicky bareass. I got rid of thise as soon as I could

Back to bulk: Unlike ABDL's infants/toddlers/littles were NOT to be kept in the diapers until they were saturated. So, if a toddler was put to bed in 3 27x27's, those were supposed to be just very damp or, at most, only moderately wet, not a swimming pool. That is why the rubber panties that had slits in the sides still did the job. The diaper that is now the BabyDoll was not made for a toddler, but for a girl of 5 who was a bedwetter for the foreseeable future, therefore, to last a few years, which they did for at least 4 when they moved away

• 1 month later...

I likes taking my thick northshore Megamax diapers and adding a xl diaper booster pad.  Because I has severe mixed incontinence issues from nerve problems.  I basically am a constant dribbles,  sudden heavy wetting or a slow light constant wetting.  So the added bulk of the thick booster plus the thick diaper makes for a nice bulky thickness between my legs.  Plus when im soaking wet it darn near swells up even thicker.  

• 2 months later...

For me i quite enjoy a bulky diaper every at work I wear either a crinklz or better dry diaper. 
home it’s one of my crinklz  day time and night time a crinklz and a tykables or nru str8up . 
if I going out or drinking adult drinks I have to wear a at least 3 diapers or my terries.

I very lucky that my friends all know what I wear and what I do 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cmp said:

For me i quite enjoy a bulky diaper every at work I wear either a crinklz or better dry diaper. 
home it’s one of my crinklz  day time and night time a crinklz and a tykables or nru str8up . 
if I going out or drinking adult drinks I have to wear a at least 3 diapers or my terries.

I very lucky that my friends all know what I wear and what I do 

For me, being in bulky diapers is a constant reminder of why I am an adult baby and bulky diapers constantly remind me of why I belong in Diapers. Bulky diapers even let's people know that I am an adult baby and not an adult, grown up and big kid.

• Like 2