LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Joya Plastic Pants from Spain

tibsy

Joya Braga Incontinencia Review

These are Spanish incontinence pants for adults. 

20210224_171225.thumb.jpg.26955a949bb5c41e1a4327b741ccb788.jpg

They are well-presented as they come in a cardboard box with the manufacturer’s name and a few basic details.  The name Joya is at the top and I initially thought this was the manufacturers name but it is the brand and means ‘jewel’.  The maufacturer’s name is at the bottom: Jose Mestre of Barcelona.  Both front and back are identical.  There is nothing extra on the sides but the top and bottom edges show ‘Talla P/M/G’ (Size Pico/Mediana/Grande).

I bought this pair the most fun and exciting way imo which was to search out a surgical supplies store (Ortopedia) when I was on holiday near Barcelona and had a day visiting the city.  I had made a list of possible shops in the centre and went to one in a small side street somewhere near Placa Catalunya.  I asked for plastic incontinence pants and the assistant found me this box from a storeroom (it was an old-fashioned place where you couldn’t browse, everything was behind the counter).  I can’t remember if we discussed size but I bravely indicated it was for me and the man handed me this box.  The size hasn’t been indicated on the box so it may be that these are one size, same as the current pull-on model. 

image.png.a735fa7ee1b5c0be4431cf33e4d83028.png

I carefully opened the box and pulled out the pants.  They were neatly folded inside a plastic bag.

CIMG5153.thumb.JPG.1d9971c59d6e1f017b7f1f6b1d50218b.JPG

CIMG5155.thumb.JPG.b6ade67af43e126dfc8c22b5834762a6.JPG

Material – the pants felt quite soft and are light to medium in weight.  The pants have a slight smell which is a mixture of medical perfume and PVC.  The outside has a fine textured pattern, I think it is parallel ridges.  It makes a small rasping noise as you rub a fingernail along it   The inside is quite smooth but still matte rather than slippery.  Colour translucent / white.

20210224_171438.thumb.jpg.8909f69b8bd3433045d4bec6e7f18af1.jpg

Shape - Fairly standard shape but a very wide crotch.  Also, they have quite a small ‘rise’ (height) above the top of the leg holes so they will be quite discreet but not very babyish.  I also noticed that the pants do not appear to have forward-facing leg-holes so there is no obvious front and back side.  However, on closer examination, there are very slightly forward-facing legholes but it’s difficult to notice and could just be inaccurate manufacture. 

20210224_171345.thumb.jpg.387529e2eda0972afadc89d5035cb9e7.jpg

Elastication – the pants have an elastic-in-tunnel system which I like because its familiar from the plastic baby pants of my teenage years eg Boots Brumas, Boots Triplets, Sandra Baby Pants, Sandra Incontinence Pants etc.  Some people say this is a cheaper and less comfortable method than the type where there is flat elastic ribbon attached to the insides of the leg and waist holes or cloth bound edges.  However, its less likely to leak than cloth bound holes.  The edges are the small (narrow) type.

CIMG5164.thumb.JPG.2d9d2e1c2d25e9bee282e30470f265a2.JPG

Construction / Attachments – these pants have welded seams and hems (the hem is the folded-over material at the waist and leg holes), this is supposed to be better but I prefer sewn seams myself as I believe they show more effort / craftsmanship and I am used to them on Boots Brumas and many other traditional UK plastic pants. There are no pockets / attachment loops inside.

Labelling – the pants are unlabelled, neither size nor manufacturer name is indicated unfortunately.

Size:

Hips (width at top of leg holes) 100cm

Waist               58cm unstretched

100cm stretched at max comfortable

112cm max stretch

Leg holes         44cm unstretched

56cm stretched at max comfortable

Crotch             29cm

Sides

Height

Wearing  (how do they fit on me)

CIMG5176.thumb.JPG.3accd747c74d849b35601584c7e6e5a0.JPG

CIMG5160.JPG

CIMG5162.JPG

• Like 1

Those look like they could be fun, and interesting. Even though they don’t have forward facing leg holes. I’d love a few pair. Next time you go, pick me up some ? 

Thanks for your review, and photos. They look good on you, but they also do seem to look a bit institutional. I’m sure this is because of the cut. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi tipsy, thanks for your useful and well detailed report.

I used these pants a lot during the years I was living in Barcelona, and loved them. Do you remember the street where you bought them? there are many 'ortopedias' in that area. last time I was there I couldn't find not even one store that still sold them.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, dutchpantswetter said:

I used these pants a lot during the years I was living in Barcelona, and loved them. Do you remember the street where you bought them? there are many 'ortopedias' in that area. last time I was there I couldn't find not even one store that still sold them.

Hi dutchpantswetter, unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the store nor the street.  I remember though that it was near Placa Catalunya either to the East of La Rambla or to the East of Passeig de Gracia.  When I was writing this article, I had a look at some Ortopedias on Google Streetview but couldn't recognise it.  I think it was in a small street orientated West/East and the shop was on the North side of this small street.  It may have closed now, it was a basic shop rather than an expensive showroom.

I did manage to find another old Ortopedia shop just randomly searching and it looks like the sort of place that might stock plastic incontinence pants.  There's even a view of the inside of the shop and you can see loads of cardboard boxes stacked up, maybe some plastic pants there!

https://www.ortopedia-almirall.com/en/almirall-360/

• 1 year later...

I found a page on amazon that describes these plastic pants but they are not available. I like the questions and photos about the listed product. I also would like to know where to purchase a pair of these plastic pants.

www.amazon.es/Bienestar-Senior-Impermeable-Ajustable-Adulto/dp/B00K0EJ2SM

These plastic pants look like they are similar to "Clinibed's 'doux baby'." I got a couple of pairs of the doux baby pull-ons from Save-Express. The pairs of doux baby I got did not last long ? so I think I will try a larger size next time.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2021 at 6:38 AM, tibsy said:

Joya Braga Incontinencia Review

These are Spanish incontinence pants for adults. 

20210224_171225.thumb.jpg.26955a949bb5c41e1a4327b741ccb788.jpg

They are well-presented as they come in a cardboard box with the manufacturer’s name and a few basic details.  The name Joya is at the top and I initially thought this was the manufacturers name but it is the brand and means ‘jewel’.  The maufacturer’s name is at the bottom: Jose Mestre of Barcelona.  Both front and back are identical.  There is nothing extra on the sides but the top and bottom edges show ‘Talla P/M/G’ (Size Pico/Mediana/Grande).

I bought this pair the most fun and exciting way imo which was to search out a surgical supplies store (Ortopedia) when I was on holiday near Barcelona and had a day visiting the city.  I had made a list of possible shops in the centre and went to one in a small side street somewhere near Placa Catalunya.  I asked for plastic incontinence pants and the assistant found me this box from a storeroom (it was an old-fashioned place where you couldn’t browse, everything was behind the counter).  I can’t remember if we discussed size but I bravely indicated it was for me and the man handed me this box.  The size hasn’t been indicated on the box so it may be that these are one size, same as the current pull-on model. 

image.png.a735fa7ee1b5c0be4431cf33e4d83028.png

I carefully opened the box and pulled out the pants.  They were neatly folded inside a plastic bag.

CIMG5153.thumb.JPG.1d9971c59d6e1f017b7f1f6b1d50218b.JPG

CIMG5155.thumb.JPG.b6ade67af43e126dfc8c22b5834762a6.JPG

Material – the pants felt quite soft and are light to medium in weight.  The pants have a slight smell which is a mixture of medical perfume and PVC.  The outside has a fine textured pattern, I think it is parallel ridges.  It makes a small rasping noise as you rub a fingernail along it   The inside is quite smooth but still matte rather than slippery.  Colour translucent / white.

20210224_171438.thumb.jpg.8909f69b8bd3433045d4bec6e7f18af1.jpg

Shape - Fairly standard shape but a very wide crotch.  Also, they have quite a small ‘rise’ (height) above the top of the leg holes so they will be quite discreet but not very babyish.  I also noticed that the pants do not appear to have forward-facing leg-holes so there is no obvious front and back side.  However, on closer examination, there are very slightly forward-facing legholes but it’s difficult to notice and could just be inaccurate manufacture. 

20210224_171345.thumb.jpg.387529e2eda0972afadc89d5035cb9e7.jpg

Elastication – the pants have an elastic-in-tunnel system which I like because its familiar from the plastic baby pants of my teenage years eg Boots Brumas, Boots Triplets, Sandra Baby Pants, Sandra Incontinence Pants etc.  Some people say this is a cheaper and less comfortable method than the type where there is flat elastic ribbon attached to the insides of the leg and waist holes or cloth bound edges.  However, its less likely to leak than cloth bound holes.  The edges are the small (narrow) type.

CIMG5164.thumb.JPG.2d9d2e1c2d25e9bee282e30470f265a2.JPG

Construction / Attachments – these pants have welded seams and hems (the hem is the folded-over material at the waist and leg holes), this is supposed to be better but I prefer sewn seams myself as I believe they show more effort / craftsmanship and I am used to them on Boots Brumas and many other traditional UK plastic pants. There are no pockets / attachment loops inside.

Labelling – the pants are unlabelled, neither size nor manufacturer name is indicated unfortunately.

Size:

Hips (width at top of leg holes) 100cm

Waist               58cm unstretched

100cm stretched at max comfortable

112cm max stretch

Leg holes         44cm unstretched

56cm stretched at max comfortable

Crotch             29cm

Sides

Height

Wearing  (how do they fit on me)

CIMG5176.thumb.JPG.3accd747c74d849b35601584c7e6e5a0.JPG