LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Living the dream

I've been in nappies during the day for 2 1/2 years, and at night too for a year now.  And I can't see that ever changing.  I still can't believe how good it feels to live this way, after decades of confusion, with purge/binge/guilt cycles, then keeping everything under wraps while we raised the kids.  The freedom I feel, the weight off my mind; it's so much better than I ever thought it would be.  Having a supportive other half has made such a big difference of course.

Now I'm sitting typing this, in a bulky cloth nappy, plastic pants, a onesie and a... well its the other sort of onesie - neck to ankles.  With my dummy hanging from my collar on a ribbon (not in my mouth as I've a mug of tea I'm drinking.  Mummy's due back any minute now, and I don't have to worry about hiding anything, upsetting anyone, or anything like that.

I feel so lucky - but I'll never forget how much spadework I had to put in to get there either.  It wasn't always easy struggling with my own issues, or getting Mummy used to the new me - both took years.  But it was worth it, so worth it...

• Like 5

I agree with you @Stroller 110% sweetie !!  Nothing like having a partner that understands you and loves you beyond a normal love. I have been with my partner 4 years and married 10 months. We knew from day one about each others love of diapers. We share so much more. Life is very easy when you can share a kink or a fetish with someone and not have to hide, or do it on your own outside the house, or by yourself. You dont know how sad it makes me when I read stories here and you have partners that fight, argue and bicker over a piece of plastic with padding. What a pleasure it is to get home with a full diaper all wet and messy then to have your partner lay you down and caringly and lovingly change you and make love to you. If only more couples understood and felt this type of love for their partner. I do love cloth diapers and we save them for special occasions. Putting in that work is what many people are afraid of. Enjoy it and have fun. Keep loving your partner and make them happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Stroller said:

I feel so lucky - but I'll never forget how much spadework I had to put in to get there either.  It wasn't always easy struggling with my own issues, or getting Mummy used to the new me - both took years.  But it was worth it, so worth it...

Congratulations, @Stroller! Reading this brightened my day. I am more or less on the same path that you are; I have been 24/7 for just a few weeks short of two years now, and I very much enjoy every new day in nappies. I still wake up giddy knowing that I have a diaper on, and that when that one is done, I will change into another, and on and on. My start was the corollary of yours - I slept in diapers for about a year before I decided to test-drive living in them 24/7, two years ago. 

I am less far down the "spousal-acceptance" road than you are, however. When I was wearing diapers only to bed, I kept them hidden from my wife - I used to get up after she fell asleep and change into them like a ninja. Once I decided to go 24/7, I "came out" to her about wearing them... but at first, only to wearing them at night, even though I was already 24/7. Gradually, I disclosed to her that I was wearing them longer and longer into the mornings, until it was into the early afternoons sometimes, and gradually, I started "getting ready for bed" earlier and earlier, until the two ends of the circle met, and I was no longer secretive about being in a diaper at any time of day. I never actually came right out and said that I wear them full-time, now, but she hasn't seen any of my boxer shorts come through the wash in a hell of a long time, and the last time we travelled (when one could do do such a thing), I only brought diapers. 

I have slept with a pacifier for going on 3 years now, and she knows about that, although I'm still shy about pacifier use during the day in front of her. She hasn't decided to divorce me, so far, or given me any ultimatums, and every once in a while I get a joke or a wisecrack out of her about my absurd underwear preferences, but, for the most part, she doesn't talk about my being in diapers. I also wear the t-shirt style onesies pretty much every day, and she has seen and folded lots of those without comment. She did buy me a neck-to-ankles onesie with a bum flap on it for Christmas last year, in a sober grey, which was pretty cool of her. My kids still live at home so I am very discrete when they're around, but when they're not, I like to wear just a t-shirt and a diaper, or a diaper under athletic pants - in short, I don't mind that it's obvious that I'm wearing one. 

As you noted, there was a lot of learning and a lot of spadework to get to where I am now, and I also had to take a leap of faith - coming out about it with my spouse could have resulted in my living in my car for a while! Thanks for sharing, @Strollerand thanks for your advice along the way - you responded to a lot of questions I had about daytime wearing when I was starting out. Everyone here has been great, really. I couldn't have done it without all of you. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Stroller said:

I've been in nappies during the day for 2 1/2 years, and at night too for a year now.  And I can't see that ever changing.  I still can't believe how good it feels to live this way, after decades of confusion, with purge/binge/guilt cycles, then keeping everything under wraps while we raised the kids.  The freedom I feel, the weight off my mind; it's so much better than I ever thought it would be.  Having a supportive other half has made such a big difference of course.

Happy 2.5th birthday @Stroller!

It’s been very nearly 2.5 years since I first went 24/7 but just coming up to 2 years of unbroken 24/7 now. Like @Little Sherri, it seems we are in something of a cohort, not so much growing UP together as UNgrowing up together.

I’m still waiting for spousal acceptance.  All I’ve gotten so far is a cease-fire but even then, there’s still the odd angry sniper shot.

It’s been great that you’ve hung in there with chronicling your voyage.  It’s good to know for people like myself that whilst we may indeed be mad, we are at least not alone.

Are you wetting the bed yet?  I am and it's a strange feeling knowing that there is now at least one practical reason why I NEED to be in nappies sometimes.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, oznl said:

Are you wetting the bed yet?

No, but I suspect it's only a matter of time.  I think I wet twice in the night last night, for instance.  The second time I'm sure of, because i was properly awake.  The first time, if I did wet, I can't remember clearly, and I couldn't when I woke to wet the second time.  I didn't check whether I was wet or not, but I had a vague memory that I'd wet earlier - but I clearly wasn't fully awake at the time.  I think it's going to be a gradual process rather than a sudden change.  I'm far less aware of wetting these days - it just happens, both day and night, without alerting me much.

7 hours ago, Stroller said:

I think it's going to be a gradual process rather than a sudden change.

I definitely concur with this. Although I can't make heads or tails of my nocturnal wetting situation; for a long time, I seemed to be tracking a bit behind @oznl, in terms of my "progress", if one can use that term. But that isn't the case at the moment. 

Background: I slept in diapers for about a year before I started on my 24/7 journey, and during that period, with *maybe* one exception, every time I wet, it was deliberate. If I woke up with an urge to go, I had to push, almost to the point of straining, for it to happen. I was an inveterate and accomplished bedwetter as a kid, and as an adult, I have had the odd, very sporadic incident, but we're talking about maybe a couple in 5 years. I leaned into this as an explanation for why I was wearing diapers to bed, when I finally confessed to it, but, in truth, wearing a diaper to bed every night is the equivalent of wearing a helmet at all times. Could be useful. Probably won't be. 

But, once I started wearing 24/7, I quickly got into the habit of answering nature's calls as soon as they come in, and, after four or six months of weeing every 15 - 30 minutes, surprise, my comfort in holding, and ability to hold, had declined. Thus, I began experiencing more demands for relief overnight, and this actually became a bit of a pain in the ass - I used to sleep through pretty soundly most of the time. However, I became adept at surfacing, waving at the guards manning the gateways, and then drifting right back to sleep, and I wished that at some point I might reach a place where I didn't have to "permission" events anymore. Which started happening once in a while, usually correlated with a night on double IPA's or GSM or Cab/Merlot. 

However, lately, I'm not waking up at all overnight anymore, or if I do, it's very close to when I normally get up, and I'm usually dry, unless I was a bit wet before I went to bed. (I usually try to start the night in a dry diaper, but my schedule gets thrown around by other demands, and if I put a diaper on at 9 PM, and it still has 80% of its capacity available when I call it a night, I'm generally not going to bin it.) The exception being, of course, if I've spent a night with Lady Ethanol. I also am not drinking as much water as I did overnight - I used to always wake up and have a sip of water at some point, and generally a wee at the same time.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but I'm not going to complain to my doctor that I'm sleeping too well, and never have to pee, which would be precisely the opposite of what nearly everyone in my demographic (middle-aged man) complains about. However, as I sit here typing this, I need to pee about every 20 minutes. So, the dissonance between my overnight performance and my alleged daytime requirements leaves me wondering how much of this is in my head. But I'll tell you, if I try to go an hour without peeing, I will be getting none-to-subtle jabs from down below, and once it starts happening, there will be no stopping it, other than to physically pinch myself off - I have had the disconcerting feeling in the shower of staring at myself, dribbling, WILLING it to stop, and it does not stop. That, as far as I can tell, is not a product of my imagination. 

So why no bedwetting? No idea. 

24 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

However, lately, I'm not waking up at all overnight anymore, or if I do, it's very close to when I normally get up, and I'm usually dry, unless I was a bit wet before I went to bed.

I very rarely get through the night dry - only on the rare occasion I've got pretty dehydrated during the evening.  And every night I get fed a bottle of milk when Mummy comes to bed, which pretty much makes sure I'm going to wet at some point.  When I first started wetting in bed it took quite a lot of effort to relax properly, and increasing my pillow count from 1 to 2 helped a lot (no idea why).  Those days are long gone now though, and it's usually very easy, and pretty automatic most of the time.

24 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

However, as I sit here typing this, I need to pee about every 20 minutes.

...but this has never happened to me.  I wet during the day whenever my body decides it wants to wet, but it's more like hourly.  Sometimes it's a lot longer if there's been no tea on offer, such as when I'm driving long distance.  I've never tried to make it happen - when I wet has never been up to me, in my head, since I started wearing regularly.

It feels a bit like the Three Musketeers to me - all for one and one for all.  The three of us, all holding down a long term vanilla relationship, and all determined to stay nappied come what may.  It's great having you both along for the ride - it's made it a lot easier for me.

• Like 2
On 3/5/2021 at 2:15 AM, Stroller said:

It feels a bit like the Three Musketeers to me - all for one and one for all.  The three of us, all holding down a long term vanilla relationship, and all determined to stay nappied come what may.  It's great having you both along for the ride - it's made it a lot easier for me.

The Commonwealth Ministry of Nappies?

• Like 1