LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'VE GOT POWER ?

Star Baby

I know some of you have heard me complain about my harrowing journey of the ??❄ICEPOCOLYPSE❄?? which some of you might know or not..that it teleported me back to the days of Laura Ingles. Well thanks to the hard working men and women of AEP I am back baby..I got lights and Mommy said I can have diapers 24/7 till I go back to work for being a good ?Star Baby?

I love you all and thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Ice storm here in January of 1999 .... no power for 5 days.  No generator.  No internet... No fun.  It was even too warm during the days to preserve the food outside... so what I didn't eat in the first 2 or 3 days spoiled.  I was only able to cook with my propane grill - good thing I had enough gas for it.  At least had a fire place which I kept going 24/7 for a few days to keep 1 room at a tolerable temp and also to keep the house above freezing overall.   Bought a generator after that!

June 29 2012 derecho - again without power for many days (got it back Jul 3rd).  And the generator I had seized up the winter before (snowpocalypse) and I hadn't replaced it yet (mistake on my part). 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

Ice storm here in January of 1999 .... no power for 5 days.  No generator.  No internet... No fun.  It was even too warm during the days to preserve the food outside... so what I didn't eat in the first 2 or 3 days spoiled.  I was only able to cook with my propane grill - good thing I had enough gas for it.  At least had a fire place which I kept going 24/7 for a few days to keep 1 room at a tolerable temp and also to keep the house above freezing overall.   Bought a generator after that!

June 29 2012 derecho - again without power for many days (got it back Jul 3rd).  And the generator I had seized up the winter before (snowpocalypse) and I hadn't replaced it yet (mistake on my part). 

Generators are pretty much smaller versions of car engines. They need oil in the crankcase, gasoline to run, and a clean filter plus a dry place to run or something to use to cover it up when it does get wet(but allow exhausts to fume outside) or they will seize up and your left as a miserable sag of potatoes.

7 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Generators are pretty much smaller versions of car engines. They need oil in the crankcase, gasoline to run, and a clean filter plus a dry place to run or something to use to cover it up when it does get wet(but allow exhausts to fume outside) or they will seize up and your left as a miserable sag of potatoes.

Oh it had oil.  It just got too cold and it didn't flow.  But, unlike car engines, those cheap "lawn mower" engines don't have oil pumps to force oil to the bearings - cold or not.  It's strictly "splash lubrication" - so if the oil is too thick, nothing gets lubricated.   That was a case where I had forgotten it was filled with straight 30W oil, not 10W-30, which would likely have saved it. 

Got a better generator now though.  And of course, since I have it, I've hardly had a need for it.

Either get a diesel generator that runs on diesel and cooking oil 

or a gasoline that runs on gasoline and gas

Gasoline generators can run on a mix of gasoline and diesel, but it will make smokes, diesel can't run with gasoline 

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I don't have my own generator, but I have access to a few at work, and had to use it one time, many years ago.

I have a 6500W gasoline generator that gets used about 24 hours a year on average. It's a pain to switch over, so I don't like it for that reason. There are far too many UPS's in our house right now, and I still need more. Sigh.

I'm saving my allowance to get a whole house generator that will run on propane. That kind comes on automatically when the power goes out. We already have a 500g propane tank for heat & cooking, so I will just go up another size I think when the generator gets installed.