LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Dark Side Of Dd

This is something that has gotten to me a little on the DD board - something that I remember reading about before joining. Don't get me wrong, the DD board IMHO is probably the most active adult diaper/nappy forum on the 'Net and one that I certainly enjoy most of the time.

Reading one of the recent topics titled 'Classification Of Dl Vs Ab?' one member took it upon themselves to seemingly go out of their way to make the thread into an argument over the choice of a particular word in the title. Whilst general consensus would perhaps agree that the inclusion of the word 'Vs' in the title could be construed to cause controversy, the content of the post clearly did not indicate such intention. For the rest of the first page, that topic was essentially hijacked to try and acheive an individuals own agenda and degenerated from the topic itself. Was it really neccessary to post multiple posts trying to denigrate the topic author over something so petty? I feel that that particular thread is quite a reasonable example of the behaviour displayed in a minority of threads and use it purely as an example.

I of course now open myself up to the same confrontational approach adopted by some, but additionally, I hope that I have said some words with which others will agree. Ultimately people are free to say what they want and I agree wholeheartedly that people are passionate about their interests, but perhaps everyone should take a little more notice of what they are saying and where they say it.

This is something that has gotten to me a little on the DD board - something that I remember reading about before joining. Don't get me wrong, the DD board IMHO is probably the most active adult diaper/nappy forum on the 'Net and one that I certainly enjoy most of the time.

Reading one of the recent topics titled 'Classification Of Dl Vs Ab?' one member took it upon themselves to seemingly go out of their way to make the thread into an argument over the choice of a particular word in the title. Whilst general consensus would perhaps agree that the inclusion of the word 'Vs' in the title could be construed to cause controversy, the content of the post clearly did not indicate such intention. For the rest of the first page, that topic was essentially hijacked to try and acheive an individuals own agenda and degenerated from the topic itself. Was it really neccessary to post multiple posts trying to denigrate the topic author over something so petty? I feel that that particular thread is quite a reasonable example of the behaviour displayed in a minority of threads and use it purely as an example.

I of course now open myself up to the same confrontational approach adopted by some, but additionally, I hope that I have said some words with which others will agree. Ultimately people are free to say what they want and I agree wholeheartedly that people are passionate about their interests, but perhaps everyone should take a little more notice of what they are saying and where they say it.

Ok, let me get this straight. You actually agree with this member about the inclusion of the word 'Vs' in the title of that thread? But you are attacking her for expressing her opinion, even though it is apparently an opinion you share. That seems a little strange to me.

Another point which you fail to mention in your post, is that a couple of other people, myself included also objected to the choice of title. And I would think many other people did as well, but didn't post.

For you, some random guy with less than 30 posts to your name, and only just being a member of this site for 2 months, to actually start a thread like this. I can't believe it.

As this member expressed an opinion that a lot of people will have agreed with, I'm just hoping that you don't come to this site with the intention of making friends. Because threads like this which are blatant attacks are not going to make you very popular.

Maybe you should actually read the last sentence of your post and actually take your own advice and take more notice of what you are posting.

And since you have done it with this thread maybe you can answer your own question: 'Why do some people go out of their way to start arguments?'

And Dolly, the title made me laugh too.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that this message was edited. I took out some bits from the third paragraph, and also added in the sixth paragraph. I wanted to point it out, as I know quite a few members here have a habit of posting and then editing their posts later on to manipulate. And I don't want to be accused of that.

I guess such a response was expected and can quite see where you are coming from Sunshine. I did mention though that I used that particular topic as an example. You are absolutely right, I have less than 30 posts, some 'random guy' as you so eloquently put it, but on the other hand, as an outsider with considerably less experience on this board than yourself I have the advantage of being in a position where I am not used to the manner in which points are made and perhaps that is how the perception is generated.

In my post I had hoped to illustrate the point that it is not the objection to which I object but the manner in which it is communicated which could well be construed to be a blatant attack on the author of that particular topic. Surely when you read that particular topic it can be seen that the escalation was unneccessary. Really, what did it acheive?

I commend you Sunshine for standing up so quickly for a fellow high poster, perhaps other Newbies should understand one of the unwritten rules of this board:

"If what you have to say could be interpreted as controversial, keep it to yourself unless you have 1000+ posts in which case, everyone else is fair game."

However, everything else aside, my apologies to the user indicated by Sunshine for causing undue tension. I merely sought to voice an apprehension over the denegration of some topics, something I am clearly not welcome to do.