LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Law enforcement/active jobs and careers

I’ve been a member for a long time now, but don’t post very much. I’m hopping to get some first-hand perspective from folks either directly in the law enforcement community or other active career fields.

The short story is that after 10 years of being in the live events industry I’m looking to make a large career change to law enforcement specifically. Considering recent events from 2020 I’m not looking to start any debate/arguments over current ethical standards or practices, but there’s a lot of aspects of my current career that don’t satisfy the Community Service part of my life and I want to dive into the field that I “put a pin in” years ago. I’m reaching out to see if there’s anyone who’s either in the law enforcement community as an officer or anyone else in a similar “active” career, and want you hear your perspective and experIence with managing incontinence.

I’m currently a nighttime wetter, but wear light protection during the day. It’s nothing that prevents me from being able to use a urinal/toilet, but right now I have the ability to change if necessary.

Since incontinence doesn’t care who you are, I open the floor to anyone with an active-career and would love to know some of the difficulties you face and how you are or aren’t able to manage them, and any other advice you might have.

Additionally, If there are any law enforcement officers specifically out there, I’d love to bend your ear and get other perspective and insights from you as well regarding the career. Feel free to DM me if that’s better/easier, and again looking for diverse perspective.

Thanks everyone!

I can't comment on law enforcement specifically, but, in terms of wearing diapers while physically active, I can throw in my two cents. Back before the pandemic, I used to spend a couple of days a week in the office, but also at least a couple of days a week at various plants, factories and work sites, often climbing up onto gantries or tanks, or winding through mazes of piping and equipment. In addition to that, I've been involved with a number of renovation and landscaping projects around my house or for friends, ripping out and replacing flooring or cabinets, or walls, interlocking stone, etc. When gyms were open, I also taught and participated in martial arts classes, and, I liked to do 10 - 15 miles a week on the treadmill. 

I have done all of the above while wearing diapers; at first, I started out cautiously, wearing slim, cloth-backed products, but as my confidence and experience grew, I evolved to wearing ABDL diapers most of the time. The exception to that is the gym, or while doing a prolonged run - for those occasions, I still wear something slimmer. 

I have discovered that there are definitely products aimed primarily at people who lie in bed or sit all day, and products aimed at people who are active. Some diapers separate at the leg gathers, spill their fluff, tear off around the tabs, stretch out, chaff, and generally fail rapidly under exertion, while others stand up remarkably well. I've had good results with most of the Rearz products, as well as NorthShore and BetterDry. Some of the cloth-backed products like Attends fail miserably, the tabs giving up their hold within a couple of hours, the interior clumping, shifting, and turning to paste. I definitely am not their target audience. 

Another invaluable addition to your wardrobe is going to be a bunch of t-shirt style onesies. I prefer black because the white ones will allow printed diapers to show through. I wear them religiously anytime I'm doing anything active - they hold my diaper in place, and they also provide a layer of security against waistband excursions when you're squatting or bending over. I used to find myself pulling my sweater down at the back constantly, or obsessively tucking in my shirt, whereas now, I have no worries in that department. If you want to be a cop and you need to wear protection, invest in a dozen black onesies. You will not regret it. 

44 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

in terms of wearing diapers while physically active, I can throw in my two cents. Back before the pandemic, I used to spend a couple of days a week in the office, but also at least a couple of days a week at various plants, factories and work sites, often climbing up onto gantries or tanks, or winding through mazes of piping and equipment. In addition to that, I've been involved with a number of renovation and landscaping projects around my house or for friends, ripping out and replacing flooring or cabinets, or walls, interlocking stone, etc. When gyms were open, I also taught and participated in martial arts classes, and, I liked to do 10 - 15 miles a week on the treadmill. 

I have done all of the above while wearing diapers; at first, I started out cautiously, wearing slim, cloth-backed products, but as my confidence and experience grew, I evolved to wearing ABDL diapers most of the time. The exception to that is the gym, or while doing a prolonged run - for those occasions, I still wear something slimmer. 

I'd say that's quite active! Walking/running and general exercise is something that I have tried different products over the years, and luckily I've never had a complete breakdown (...yet... *knocks on wood*), but is something that I've been wanting to sort out given the physical abilities test, and the fact that most products that I've tried have either come loose while in use or given me a rash/chaffing, is a big problem I'd love to get solved.

47 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I've had good results with most of the Rearz products, as well as NorthShore and BetterDry. Some of the cloth-backed products like Attends fail miserably, the tabs giving up their hold within a couple of hours, the interior clumping, shifting, and turning to paste. I definitely am not their target audience. 

I like a majority of Rearz, NS Mega Max and yes even 24/7s for the night-time diaper, but the NS Supremes that I've tried in medium have a weird-square cut for my body and don't stay well unless I'm more stationary. As mentioned above, most of the cloth-backed diapers have or will give me a rash at some point. I can mitigate that with Moleskin, but I haven't tried running yet. As far as chaffing goes, do you have better experience with cloth-backed or plastic backed in running/gym situations?

53 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Another invaluable addition to your wardrobe is going to be a bunch of t-shirt style onesies. I prefer black because the white ones will allow printed diapers to show through. I wear them religiously anytime I'm doing anything active - they hold my diaper in place, and they also provide a layer of security against waistband excursions when you're squatting or bending over.

Preaching to the choir friend :D. Once I found these, my work-life became a lot more confident. As a 5'-10" 190lb guy, I tend to like the cut and fit of ABU's "Diapersuit", but have been trying to find others. As an active wearer any recommendations?

13 minutes ago, Unseendl said:

As a 5'-10" 190lb guy,

So you are basically the same size as I am. For running and gym wear, I have had very good luck with Prevail 360 Breezers in medium. If I'm generous with the diaper cream, I don't have any issues with chaffing or rashes, and the tabs on them are great for a cloth-backed diaper. They feature stretchy wings, somewhat like a Pampers Cruiser, so they go on feeling small, but that snugness helps them move with you, rather than against you, and to not rub in inconvenient places. They they don't have enough capacity for more 3 hours or so, but that's as long as I could possibly run or be at the gym in one shot, anyway. 

As for clothing, I have bought a bunch of the t-shirt style onesies from Rearz - the large size fits me perfectly. They're cotton with some spandex in them, so they can stretch a bit, are very comfortable, and hold up quite well to repeated washing. 

For the physical testing, I would definitely go with one of the Prevails (if you like them), but for a normal work day in law enforcement, sprinting and running isn't likely as common as police shows would have us believe, so a good ABDL diaper under a onesie would probably be fine. Always pack a crash kit! Backup diaper, onesie and pants. Good luck with your ambitions in that direction - there was a point where I was considering trying out a career change as well, but in the end, I couldn't figure out how to navigate having a severely reduced income for the time I'd have had to spend doing the training. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Prevail 360 Breezers in medium

Thanks for the recommendation, I've now got a pack on order for trial

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

As for clothing, I have bought a bunch of the t-shirt style onesies from Rearz - the large size fits me perfectly. They're cotton with some spandex in them, so they can stretch a bit, are very comfortable, and hold up quite well to repeated washing. 

For the physical testing, I would definitely go with one of the Prevails (if you like them), but for a normal work day in law enforcement, sprinting and running isn't likely as common as police shows would have us believe, so a good ABDL diaper under a onesie would probably be fine. Always pack a crash kit! Backup diaper, onesie and pants. Good luck with your ambitions in that direction - there was a point where I was considering trying out a career change as well, but in the end, I couldn't figure out how to navigate having a severely reduced income for the time I'd have had to spend doing the training. 

Thanks for the other recommendations as well; looks like Rearz is out of my size of their bodysuit on their Amazon storefront, so it might be a minute before I can give those a shot, but they're on the list to try now. I'm going to give the GoSupreme and FlexSupreme a shot to see how they work on a day to day en lieu ABDL diapers, and as a step up from there, I'm even give the Supreme Lites a shot as well. Certainly trial and error!

I've certainly heard the "not-like-on-TV" callout from those in the field, but for me it's the community service side that's been calling me, for both old and new reasons. The "short-term" severely-reduced income is high on my concerns list if I do change careers, and I've been working through how to navigate those waters, but I'm concerned that it may boil down to that for me as well

• Like 1

Before being retired due to health I was Paramedic/ Firefighter  I didn't have any problem with needing diapers , I actually had an easier time on large fire scenes than some guys having to find a place behind a truck for some private time . I did have my bunker gear customized with internal waterproof fire resistant pockets to accomdate a couple of ready changes if needed . I worked just as hard as continent guys and played just as hard .

Adapt and overcome ,is my specialty .

• Like 1

@Cruiser 03 I appreciate the response! I can see how the gear would lend a little better while on the larger scenes, and clever idea with sewing those pockets in. I know firefighting has a much higher bar for physical aptitude (and for good reason) but If it was a factor at the time, do you mind sharing how you handled/managed the training and incontinence when you were getting into the career?

Being incontinent is a double-edged sword in law enforcement. Depending on your department and the academy that you go to, you'll participate in a varying level of physical tasks. The defensive tactics portion of the academy, and then re-certifying throughout your career (depending on your agency) requires you to be up close and personal with training partners, often grappling with them.

On the other hand, once you are out on your own and done with FTO (field training), diapers can be great, as you don't have to hold it in while on long drawn out domestics, barricaded subjects, etc where you can't freely leave. 

I used to also be a firefighter, too. It was much easier to wear diapers as a firefighter than as a law enforcement officer. I loved wearing diapers under my bunker gear. I responded to calls from home and late-night structure fires, I'd be in soaked diapers and just put my bunker gear over them and respond to the call and nobody would be the wiser. 

4 hours ago, thickdiaperedbaby said:

The defensive tactics portion of the academy, and then re-certifying throughout your career (depending on your agency) requires you to be up close and personal with training partners, often grappling with them.

On the other hand, once you are out on your own and done with FTO (field training), diapers can be great, as you don't have to hold it in while on long drawn out domestics, barricaded subjects, etc where you can't freely leave. 

Both interesting points, and I hadn't really considered latter. I knew there would be close quarters training but I think for where I'm at right now with control, I'm not too concerned with the level of close-grappling that has to happen; what I typically need and use is pretty discrete as it is, and I don't see my current progressing beyond, or at the very least the beginning part of the career. However, I do like the idea of being prepared in those drawn-out situations and will keep that tucked away in the back of my mind

• 3 weeks later...

I was a mechanic till my lower back injury, then two years later, a little over a year in security while recovering. Been doing custodial for the last ten years. All my jobs have been at higher levels of activity. I have to plan for incontinence issues. 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:49 PM, steve in diaps said:

I was a mechanic till my lower back injury, then two years later, a little over a year in security while recovering. Been doing custodial for the last ten years. All my jobs have been at higher levels of activity. I have to plan for incontinence issues. 

@steve in diaps, In any of those jobs, did you ever find it difficult to manage any issues that came up, and if so what were/are your solutions?

I had the sec low back injury doing mechanic work. That ended my career in that field. I got the security job with help from the state programs. So they knew my medical issues.  I mostly worked locations that allowed me access and time to change. I got the custodial job on my own, but due to legal requirements I had to disclose anything that could affect my job. But lower management did not know I had disabilities. At least till they violated labour and Ada. When I have to change I try to make it to break so I can get all my work done. But certain issues taken care sooner. ?. If I'm just wet and not soaked no rush. I rarely loose full control if I pay attention when I'm not sure.  So I can make it to the bathroom. Complications with meds or food and fluid balance catch me off guard at times. So most of the times I wear heavy pull-ups with a pad at times. If I wear a diaper to work it's a bad day, looking for a bad rash. My skin does not like that. ?

On 3/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, steve in diaps said:

I had the sec low back injury doing mechanic work. That ended my career in that field. I got the security job with help from the state programs. So they knew my medical issues.  I mostly worked locations that allowed me access and time to change. I got the custodial job on my own, but due to legal requirements I had to disclose anything that could affect my job. But lower management did not know I had disabilities. At least till they violated labour and Ada. When I have to change I try to make it to break so I can get all my work done. But certain issues taken care sooner. ?. If I'm just wet and not soaked no rush. I rarely loose full control if I pay attention when I'm not sure.  So I can make it to the bathroom. Complications with meds or food and fluid balance catch me off guard at times. So most of the times I wear heavy pull-ups with a pad at times. If I wear a diaper to work it's a bad day, looking for a bad rash. My skin does not like that. ?

Balancing intake with other medicinal elements is not an easy thing to do. But it sounds like you've done a good job of tracking and anticipating what could go wrong. You sound like you have a work ethic similar to mine; you want to make sure you're pulling your weight and doing the job you said you're going to do, but I'm sorry that you had to have the ADA talk. I can't image that that was a fun conversation to have

Fluid balance is an ongoing issue ?. Too much,too little.. earned a colonoscopy from dehydration. Or non stop runs and needed to stop that. So try hard to watch diet and fluids. Water pills are a joy, 3 or 4 times and the pressure overwhelms my bladder. I learn to just put a diaper and booster pad on when I take it. ?