LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not Getting it Done

I recently saw a thread called "Premium Labelled Diapers". This thread was about throw-aways. Now, let us get something straight. Do you really think that something meant to be  used once then thown away will be premium anything? The material will NOT be high-grade and the production values will not be stellar. Given the "mission profile", the first order of business will be CHEAP. However given the 100% turnover; one use = total loss of product, and the complexity of the item, to meet a price point for mass distribution, SOMETHING has to take a back seat That is quality. And it shows. There is a thread called "Trouble with NORTHSHORE". Yet the Megamax is supposed to be an elite item This is not to mention the stories of leakes and outright failures of product; blowout (aka "poomergency and disintegration (aka "clumping"), not to mention the thousands of acres and hectares of land used to store the used items, which is also part of the cost, albeit invisible. And given where these things are made being one step ahead of an epidemic of some disease with an unpronounceable name either being part of the manufacturing process or the supply chain. This after 50 years and about 5 business generations of developmen and complexification. And how long have they been trying to develop textil material to do the job? Since 1939. And they still haven't gotten it. There are reports of leakds in the PUL models (which are probably condensation of vapors on the outside of the panties due to the fact that to "breathe" they must be gas permeabl, which is fine when dealing with water wapor from the body but not good at all when dealing witghcomponents of excretia. And the complexification of re-usiable items with the plethoria of snaps and other things for size adjustment is plain to see. This 80 year long tale has been in both baby and adult diapers. While this may be feasible in institutions with professionals who get it, and fixed, thought-out hadnling procedures, such as hospita.s, nursing homes, hopefully daycare centers and limited, special-purpose "civilian" uses, where voume makes them more economical. That is not the case in the ordinary world. Even in the appropriate places, they are still fairly costly if followed assiduously because you are trying to contain some pretty nasty stuff. Handled and used properly, the cost makes up for the cheapness of the product. As a first-choice, ordinary diaper, the disposible leave something to be desired

All of this to replace a system that has proven reliable, using material that poses a solid wall against ANY leakage of undesirable substances if used right, is in the long run more economical due to a "buy once"and keep using and easily recycled be being used with the next child or for adutls, long=ter, and does not require hectares of post-use storage or a recyling process that is byzantine at best and is done only to brag about doing it, and above all, is simple to use,; cloth diapers, rubber panties and one or two pins, and the cleaning and care supplies and processes, which are well understood and developed after at least a century and a half of existence and knowable to a girl of 12 years of age 70 years ago who could take care of her house and siblings for at least 3 days without supervision: I have seen it done and know what went into it All she had to be told was what and when; the "executive" and "admin" material, she already had the skills

The juice is not worth the squeezze

I have over the past 30+ years tried a wide variety of both disposable and reusable products. All have had leaks, all have failed at some point. No product is perfect.

Those reusable products have ranged from poor quality material, poor quality manufacturing, poor design, to good attributes, but even the best "premium" styles I have tried have leaked.

1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I have over the past 30+ years tried a wide variety of both disposable and reusable products. All have had leaks, all have failed at some point. No product is perfect.

Those reusable products have ranged from poor quality material, poor quality manufacturing, poor design, to good attributes, but even the best "premium" styles I have tried have leaked.

I did not say that a good item will never leak: Anything that can happen will happen given enough time. I have had leaks over the past 37 years, but you can count them on your hands and feet. They were abberations or the result of incorrect use or other error. Judging from what I read here, they are par for the course with throw-aways. And I have never had blowout or other catastrophic failure like I have read about for the past 30+ years with  toss'ems. That is a hughe difference

There are good and poor quality of all kinds of things. That is at the shopper's discretion. AIO's have had a bad rep from the get-go. Iget into that in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US.  However, because disposables ARE disposable; that is use once and toss. the materials and workmanship will reflect that and not be up to the same standards as reusuable. They best quality of production and materials used with throw-aways will be about the same as fairly poor quality reusuables. The thin covering of a trhow-away will not be as  good as 3 mil reusable panties. Given the complexity of disposables, with upwards of 5 componetns per diaper and having todo the work of both the diaper and the panty, workmanship will be vital. Also, with reusables, if it has not broken down on the first 4 or so uses, I am very sure it will not for a loooong time (one is called "infant death", the other "old age") with throw-aways, every time is a first time so it is a crapshoot each time. I have read many more tales of failure of disposables than reusuables by a factor of over 15

The ideal disposable would be just the diaper part, ideally flushable, worn under a good pair of rubber panties. I do not know of the current SAP-based items lend themselves to full coverage because of how SAP works

While I've had a few pairs of panties last, most seem to suffer some sort of catastrophic failure between 3 and 6 months. Tears, seams failing, elastic dying, PUL delaminating, just about anything you can think of. That discounts some very cheap ones that only lasted a couple uses. I will never buy anything made with PUL again.

And again all have suffered leaks, anywhere from just a wet spot, to my bed is soaked because the entire side seam split, or some other thing.

Have you ever seen me recommend PUL or anything less than 4 mil? I also follow the DPF recommendation of two pair; one plastic and one rubber over that. I do not know what you have tried or how you used them so I cannot comment on them. There is good and bad in all areas of commerce. Most everything I've had lasts mutiple years Though I too have had failure. Again there are good and bad everything and that presumes you did not use something that did not fit right. I have had seams let go, but not all at once. Also some panties are more prone to hardening than others and all of this seems to be a function of price and it is the nature of elastics to die and some last longer than others The rule is that panties should last a year and you should have more than one panty, at least a third as many as you have of diapers.  Read RUBBER PANTIES'R'US. Nobody who has been here any length of time has an excuse to not know what they are doing. But once again, based on what I have read, side leaks are par for the course with disposables which, unless you are doing something special or some other exotic event is occurring, are by nature one and done

• 2 weeks later...

Diapers leak that's in there job description . I wear what I consider the top of the line out of the diapers I have used Angelfluff Ultimate 3  they sometimes leak , that's what my rubber bloomers are for ,if it gets past the diaper at 1st chance it won't on the 2 nd chance .

You need to test out your diapers and getbto knowvthere capacity and "feel" ,so when in public there not on your mind .

Accepting leaks as part and parcel of being diapered is job #1 . Everything else is negotiable .

Since when did I claim that rubber panties were not an integral part of cloth diapering? I was talking about throwk-aways, which, as a matter of course claim that you do not need any kind of wetproof protection over them, despite the common complaints from side-sleepwers. Cloth is, by nature, NOT wetproof. Nor do I or anyone else who is sane or knowledgeable claim them to be. Back when I was little it was called "diapers and rubber panties". So, when I caid "Not getting it dine", I was talking about disposables (a $5 term for "thow-aways") living up to their own  claims