LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have you tried Bloomer style plastic pants?

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has tried the bloomer style plastic pants?  I just got a pair from Rearz.  And I must say, I love them, they are so comfortable!  

I usually try and wear some sort of plastic pants , but they usually dig into my legs, and after sitting/ driving , they are very uncomfortable.  

Does anyone else use them, or have a love/hate relationship with normal plastic pants?

Not recently, I do not like the fit and feel of them as I am used to panties and panties with a side seam of 12" or more,and a crotch width of 12" or more are perfectly good, and doubled will do all I need. Over that is a panty that will match or coordinate as part of a babydoll or one of my other outfits

In the early days, rubber panties were shaped a bid differently They did not have forward facing legs and did not need themn, they looked like to rear sections joined togeterh and had very short bloomer-syle legs, maybe about an inch or so They could be tucked under the diaper at waist and legs or fitted in other ways as seemed proper. They were often called "bab bloomers" or "rubber bloomers [no matter what they were made of]". This was before prefolds and diapers were often doubled or triple. There was a greater variety in diapers since they were often home made and did multiple duty. Even as late as 1959 I saw one made of fairly thick bird'sey that was  about 32"x32"

(this thread is going into the conversation section of RUBBER PANTIES'R'US, of which there are over 40)

I use them quite a bit. I have large thighs and I dislike plastic pants with really tight leg openings. Bloomers move all the pinch points away from the legs. I also like them for sleeping. much more coverage for any leaks. One caveat is that I use them with disposables. I don't know how they would hold up for cloth diapers.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, DAQ said:

I use them quite a bit. I have large thighs and I dislike plastic pants with really tight leg openings. Bloomers move all the pinch points away from the legs. I also like them for sleeping. much more coverage for any leaks. One caveat is that I use them with disposables. I don't know how they would hold up for cloth diapers.

Not as well as panties. Bloomers are not as full cut as good panties so they do not accomnodate thick or multiple diapers, though they may work for prefolds but not for what I have

The better brands of panties have a large size overlap. That is one could efficiently use a large range of sizes I have a 36" waist but I can use anywhere from a small to 3x large L.L Medico. I usually use a Large Rearz Christy, which have wider leg openings, an X-Large Protex does fine for me. However, my diapers are not the square/rectangle, they are a primitive contour-type designed, not for babies, but for a little girl who was a bedwetter at 5 and they were designed to fit her (and me) up to 10 years of age and for10 to 12 hours. The girl'ls mom worked in a dress factory and was good with a sewing machine and she found the then-new prefold diapers well suited to use for parts. Bloomers would not work for this kind of diaper as it is quite full and has the advantage of going a good long time before needing to be changed. Also, diapers were not meant to be wet to capacity. They were and are supposed to be changed well before they reach that level The high capacity was meant to be a reserve in case the diaper could not be changed without severe inconvenience at the appropriate time, and to be comfortable for longer times between changes. Diapers were to be changed whien either very damp or only moderately wet. The wait-until-soaked thing is a product of ABDL or back in the day, used in childrens' home where there were many still in diapers and the staff was too small to change as ofthen as was reommended. Large families, where there might be 6 or more children got around this by having the older girls, 10 and up, see to changing the younger children; but by 1950, those were becoming rare as 3 to 5 was becoming common and by 1960 it was 2 to 4 that was most common. But to get back on topic: Yes, I tried them and they do not work for me

I have a few bloomers that I wear now and then when I feel like wearing something different from my usual plastic panties. I've found in the past that the seam tends to come apart right in the middle...but when that happens all is not lost; I lay the bloomer flat, cut straight across at the bottom, and end up with a nice short skirt. Bloomers have a lot of plastic in them; I'll bet it takes as much plastic to make a bloomer as for two panties.

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has tried the bloomer style plastic pants?  I just got a pair from Rearz.  And I must say, I love them, they are so comfortable!  
For a year or so I wore Sears vinyl bloomers over cloth every night.  In my experience the bloomers did a superior job of containing fluid till fully absorbed/wicked into cloth diapers.  Problem being, the wife didn’t like the look so I went back to a traditional plastic pant of her choosing.

I usually try and wear some sort of plastic pants , but they usually dig into my legs, and after sitting/ driving , they are very uncomfortable.
When the leg elastic digs in the pant is too small.  Try a larger size.  Additionally, I avoid pants with enclosed elastic for the very reason you state.

Does anyone else use them, or have a love/hate relationship with normal plastic pants?
Like some more than others, but can’t say I’ve ever hated a plastic pant.