LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

CENSORSHIP IN AMERICA

Evelyn Dellcerro

Pros of censorship

1. Censorship can reduce the impact of hate speech in society.w
2. Censorship can protect children from unhealthy content.
3. Censorship can reduce the amount of conflict that is in society.
4. Censorship can provide another level of security to a country’s profile.
5. Censorship protects the rights of artists, innovators, and inventors.
6. Censorship provides us with a vehicle to stop false content.
7. Censorship can work to improve a person’s knowledge.
8. Censorship can limit the impact of identity theft.
9. Censorship helped to create our ratings system.
   Benefit comes from the ratings systems that we use for entertainment products, including movies, video games, and music. Until 1984, films went from PG to R, which eventually led to a PG-13 rating being developed after parents called for action after taking their children to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Cons of censorship

1. It represses one group of people in favor for hat the majority wants.
2. It allows people to create a specific narrative in society to call it truth.
3. It stops people from pursuing career opportunities.
4. It reduces the overall intelligence of the general public.
5. It prevents an individual from expressing themselves freely.
6. It shifts where the responsibility of consumption is in society.
7. It creates an adverse impact on the economy at all levels.
8. It allows a false narrative to become the truth.
9. It is expensive to be engaged in the practice of censorship.
10. It creates repression so that it encourages compliance.
   One of the most-banned books in the world today is The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Banned by churches & religious groups alike. Banned because it is said to be satanic. Do the words Salem Witch Trials and the Spanish Inquisition come to mind ?

I wish to thank the FutureofWorking.com for such insight and its truth of censorship in America today.
Censorship is everywhere, and it is up to us as individuals to weigh our choices.

George Orwell's 1984 was published in 1949. Still one of colleges biggest read books all over the world in over seventy years. George Orwell did something right in his masterpiece. I read this book at the age of eleven and did a fabulous book report. In high school as a senior I did a term paper based on this book. Finally in college I did my thesis on this book. This book is tried and true. We are the all Winstons and Big Brother is definately out there in some shape or form.  Bless you all !!!  On this day of Love & Hearts 

We wish you all the best on this Valentines Day !!

1984.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Edit to add:  sorry, I didn't mean to dig this up... for some reason it looked like it was a fresh post.  Please feel free to ignore it.

I think we need to be careful in this day in age when we talk about "censorship".  I agree very much with your comments about censorship by the government...  In general, government repression of speech quickly goes Bad Places... Which is, of course, the point being made by Orwell in 1984.

However, when people yell CENSORSHIP! today, in many cases they are talking about being kicked off Twitter, or Facebook, or a talk show.  These are not government forums.  The other hand of the over-used 'freedom' argument is freedom of association.  Outside of government, people can choose to not listen, interact, or facilitate your speech, and that's not censorship.

https://xkcd.com/1357/

image.thumb.png.aa176e403552db0da11274574e1a9332.png

"It is not what you hear, but what you say that defiles you".

This leads to:-  not what you see but what you do     &      for evil to flourish, good people need do nothing.