LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pocket diapers - are they any good?

Furrytum

I'm kind of hit or miss with them.  I seem to overall have a bad track record of leaking with anything cloth-based (either from press-out or just the action of wetting).  And it's inconsistent-  Sometimes I'm fine, and the next week, same diaper, I leak.

The plus side is, I'll wear them as cutesy diaper covers and put a disposable under for the cloth diaper look.

• Like 1

i’m in a Rearz pocket diaper. On the plus side: very convenient, well-constructed. Drawback: plastic outer shell provides about 95% of the coverage of plastic pants, slight leaks possible, agree that there is inconsistency.

Overall, a good match for my personal situation but may need to be coupled with plastic pants for someone who needs to be leak-proof.

• Thanks 1

Be warned that sizing can vary drastically between different sellers. The "stock" size out of China, is very low in the rise and is only a good fit for the very slim and petite.

Rearz seems to have a good cut on theirs. and my site uses a custom cut, but we're basically out of them at the moment.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Rearz seems to have a good cut on theirs.

Thanks! The Rearz is one size fits all, and i was concerned that it would be too large for my slender frame. But with the velcro flaps tightened all the way and crotch snaps fastened, it fits fine. 

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Be warned that sizing can vary drastically between different sellers. The "stock" size out of China, is very low in the rise and is only a good fit for the very slim and petite.

Rearz seems to have a good cut on theirs. and my site uses a custom cut, but we're basically out of them at the moment.

Cheers for the sizing info. Sounds like the extra cost of the Rearz ones are worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the Rearz pocket diaper and Its comfortable as hell. Very soft. Depending on the amount of inserts you put in, you could go from not noticeable under pants to your pants wont fit. All around I like them. I have given them one washing so far. I am going to give them some more use this weekend to really test them out. Sitting on them, they do leak somewhat but this was also after a pretty heavy wetting (1). I would advise having one of those pads underneath for leaks. I like the cloth if I am at home but as for going places and being discreet, probably not.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Thanks! The Rearz is one size fits all, and i was concerned that it would be too large for my slender frame. But with the velcro flaps tightened all the way and crotch snaps fastened, it fits fine. 

Whenever I see "One size fits all" I mentally add:

"Some better than others."

BTW, this is NOT a cheap shot at Rearz, it is a cheap shop at marketing in general.

I have one pocket diaper and it is from Kawaii Baby and while I like the diaper I am at the extreme range of fitting.  The diaper has good performance for me but is a bit tight at this end of the range.  Their current offering fits from 20" to 45" at the hips. I would expect the "best" fit and performance would be for a 32" to 33" hips.  If Kawaii made the next bigger size from say 30" to 55" it would have the same spread, just for larger people.

But why am I talking about this here?  ?

Answer:  It seems most of the pocket diapers I have found online have the same fit range (within two or three inches).

Of course I could just lose about 30 pounds instead.  :20_EmoticonsHDcom:

21 hours ago, Fakename4me said:

I would expect the "best" fit and performance would be for a 32" to 33" hips. 

Thanks for your survey of different manufacturers. For reference, my butt measures 35.5”. The Rearz, tightened down all the way, is a good fit to that for me.