LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Classification Of Dl Vs Ab?

Do we need to classify between Adult Babies and non-Adult Babies? When we discuss DL's everyone including AB's claim to be a Diaper Lover (which does make sense). So is there an actual term for Diaper Lovers who are not part of the AB lifestyle?

Do we need to classify into seperate groups? I know some people have been offened by the idea of breaking it into two groups. I with s've talked ome DL's in the chat room that they don't like to be lumped in with the AB group as diaper lovers. Especially when the mainstream media depict Diaper Lovers only as; diaper wearing with a bottle and pacifier asking their mommy to change their dirty diapers. This creates a false image of overall DL community.

So what are your opinions?

There does seem to be a definite division between the two. However, I have friends that are DLs who do like baby stuff. ABs are DLs, no doubt about that. We just take it to the next level. DLs are ABs in denial. Face it. How many DLs out there fantasize about being discovered in public? Maybe not all, but certainly a number of you. To enjoy the freedom to be you. This is a common fantasy among ABs, as well. It seems to me that we are all on the same page here, but lack the understanding and communication skills to bring us into the cohesive community that we all desire.

Cuddles

--heidilynn ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a problem with what you said above as if you are an AB you don't make it sexual at all. So not true... Secondly, a DL does make it sexual, again so not true. Maybe you should stop reading articles that most likely are written by people who are neither AB or DL or incontinent and maybe talk to those who truly are and in the community. I think if you do you will find that most of those articles have no idea what they are talking about.

Everyone is different. Diapers represent and mean many different things to many different people and to make quotes like the ones above are both narrow minded and ignorant.

And you are a DL, you can't speak for us ABs no matter how much you read because even us ABs are different from each other.

Let me confuse thing even further. I'm a Dominant with absolutley no decsire to submit to anyone. But I can be diapered and using them at the same instant that I am forcing a female sub to use her-in exactly that same way. But she does it because I have the control. I do it for my own pleasure-and perhaps she does as well?

This is not all as cut and dried as one might think.

Ai-yah. This thread was so confusing. It was the intellectual equivalent of being on that spinny-cup ride at Disneyland. Someone spins AB/DL one way ("DLs only make it sexual, not ABs") and then suddenly someone else spins it another way ("No they don't you bastard! Don't talk about something you know nothing of!")

All I know is, I would really really appreciate some clarity. Discussion is never a bad thing. Clamming up about the issue and saying it's no one else's business will get us nowhere. As a Mommy who is into the scene for humiliation purposes, I would generally like to steer clear of the ABs who are into the scene for the lifestyle and support. I mean, it's nice talking to you guys, but that's not the reason I'm here. Likewise, I'm not the reason you're here.

I think everyone can agree there is a thick cloud of confusion hanging over the scene that doesn't need to be there.

Let's try to propose some more names that can better classify everyone's varying interests. If the classification doesn't suit you, there's no reason to be upset, just speak up and help make it more accurate. Everyone's input counts.

Here are the problems I can see:

AB (Adult Baby) - a person who enjoys mimicking the lifestyle, habits and practices of a baby or young child.

Questions: Does this mean an AB does this 24/7? Is that what an AB would do ideally? Is it sexual? Are any dominant/submissive or control aspects involved? Are there serious psychological issues being resolved by practicing this?

DL (Diaper Lover) - a person who enjoys and is sexually gratified by wearing a diaper.

Questions: Does a DL incorporate any other baby-oriented fetishes into her kink? Is there any age-play, BDSM, or control aspects involved?

Sissy - a person (typically male) who enjoys being humiliated and/or comforted by wearing clothing traditionally reserved for young girls.

Questions: Are diapers involved? Is this a lifestyle? Are there any BDSM or control aspects to this kink?

Incontinent - a person who cannot regulate his/her bowels and/or bladder and must use a diaper.

Questions: Is this more a medical condition than fetish? If so, should it be included with those who wear diapers for non-medical reasons? Are there any sexual aspects involved? Is this a lifestyle?

Mommy/Daddy - a person who enjoys and is sexually gratified by treating another like a baby or young child.

Questions: Are diapers involved? Is this always a sexual role? Is this a lifestyle? Is there any age-play, BDSM or control aspects involved? If so, to what degree?

The first thing I think we should do to clear up this confusion is include a term that distinguishes a person as being interested in diapers primarily for sexual reasons. Like, what if we added "S" to the beginning of a label?

SDL = a person who wears diapers primarily for sex

DL = a person who may wear diapers for and during sex, but also wears them for other reasons

SAB = a person who takes sexual pleasure in being treated like a baby

AB = a person who may take sexual pleasure in being treated like a baby, but acts like a baby for other reasons as well