LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Suspicious firefox behavior

I find that when running Firefox in a live operating system it will spontaneously close every browsing session if the os's installation medium is removed.  When I try to relaunch it, it goes back to the page it was on, then closes again.  It would be helpful to see if this happens on other machines and/or with other browsers.  Please inform others about this if they are concerned about privacy.

9 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I find that when running Firefox in a live operating system it will spontaneously close every browsing session if the os's installation medium is removed.  When I try to relaunch it, it goes back to the page it was on, then closes again.  It would be helpful to see if this happens on other machines and/or with other browsers.  Please inform others about this if they are concerned about privacy.

The wording makes me confused as to what exactly you're experiencing. Are you saying that when you are on a live OS and remove the USB stick with the OS on it firefox will close? than when you reinsert the USB it will put itself on the page you left off on? This just seems like typical behavior to me, the browser will save your last session to make sure it's recoverable in case of a power outage. A live USB OS can still have it's files modified unless completely wiped and reinstalled.

It's very possible I am misunderstanding what you're trying to say as I'm still not 100% sure as to the behavior you're talking about.

As for privacy, Firefox is not private out of the box (though it's still vasly better than chrome is) most in the privacy space  edit a lot of about:config settings to get Firefox to be an acceptable level of privacy. The reason Firefox is touted as the go-to privacy browser is because you can modify these settings, where as chrome doesn't allow you to edit the vast amount of privacy invasive stuff it does in the background.

11 hours ago, kasarberang said:

when you are on a live OS and remove the USB stick with the OS on it firefox will close

Yes, and with the USB stick still removed it will reopen but then force close again. 

6 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Yes, and with the USB stick still removed it will reopen but then force close again. 

It's probably trying to access files located on the USB stick that are no longer available due to it's removal. If I had to guess.