LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My last one, and possibly last on the planet!?

For those of you who haven't been around as long as I have been, quite a while ago,  ( I don't remember what year though) Bambino came out with a "new" tape fastening system on their Bianco diaper, a "velcro like" tape system!. Yes, this was quit a while before Tykables had theirs.!!!

Anyways, I bought some, and liked them ?but kept one as a kind of memorial...or "museum piece"... I guess a lot of us do this ?. So, I was digging through my stash, thinning out stuff, reorganizing, and found this one left in a bag. I figured "why not, I haven't worn a Bambino in a while..... Well, I went to put it on, and not until I had put powder in it did I look at the front panel (textured) and the tapes, and realized which one this was ?. But I had already powdered it, so I figured what the heck, and put it on.

The plastic is soft and quiet, and the fasteners work GREAT.... I really like these!!!....or...rather...this one. I hate to use it, and I really wish Bambino would bring this system back!!!!! At least for the Biancos.. ? 

I am sure there might be others out there, and I am sure Daily Di has pics in his "Virtual museum", but that isn't anything like the real thing....I am hesitant to use it, but it is on, and been on for a couple of hours. 

Soooo, I guess you could call this a "Diaper Obituary" as these are long out of production ( but I don't know why).

I'll enjoy it as best I can, but the guilt is bugging me ? I wish I could get more,.. *sigh* 

Wish me luck.....or cuss me out ? what have you. Dipping into the museum of diapers is definatly a BIG no no!!!

Qwack

• Sad 2

I have a few “legacy” diapers I have set off to the side, never to be used. However, like you, I was going through my stuff and getting things moved into a bigger container, vacuum bagging the legacy diapers, and I realized that I seem to be missing a few. I don’t remember the names, but one was a green Northshore and a cloth cover Tena with the 2 stretchy tapes. I hope I set those somewhere else and didn’t use the Tena. *Gasp*

4 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Isn't that just the Bianco Ultrastretch - an all white diaper with the hybrid tapes?  They still sell those - small/mediums are in stock, and large/XLs are out of stock.

I got some of the Large Karnavalee (or something like that), and my only gripe with them is that they don't have the stretchy part to them. Only the velcro tapes.

8 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Isn't that just the Bianco Ultrastretch - an all white diaper with the hybrid tapes?  They still sell those - small/mediums are in stock, and large/XLs are out of stock.

That's what it sounds like to me too.  But, maybe this goes back even further into history. 

3 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

I got some of the Large Karnavalee (or something like that), and my only gripe with them is that they don't have the stretchy part to them. Only the velcro tapes.

Karnavalee is based on the Bellisimo V2 diaper which introduced the hook/loop tabs to that line (Teddy V2/Classico V2/Cloudee still have tapes).    The Valentine's diaper and Sun-n-fun use the Magnifico/Bianco Ultrastretch design, but those were also limited production releases.  

10 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Nope. As mentioned above , these do go further back in history. The stretchy tape tabs from Bambino came out on the Teddy line v1. They were a novel idea, but sadly they failed a short while after apllication, I have one of those as well, in my....uhhh  "legacy stash". The tapes stretched, but snapped after a while due to the strain, no matter how you put them on....

So, I guess this is a bit of a history lesson for those who weren't around in the earlier diaper days. 

I am wondering if Mikey (DD) might have pics in his "virtual" museum which btw, I can't find!!! I thought something might be poster on this site, so people would have access to the .... "History" of diapers etc.

And, for those who want to know, I didn't end up "usung" that diaper! I took it off and folded it back up and  put it back in to its plastic bag. I WILL label that bag as to its contense so this error doesn't happen again!!!!??

I must have missed them.  I wore Biancos almost exclusively from the time they were introduced until about 2015 when other all-white diapers started to be better then them.  Never liked the Classico nor the Teddy designs, just the great plain white Bianco diaper.  Either that or I wore them and never even thought about the velcro taping panel when they briefly introduced them.

According to my Bambino account, I bought a case of Bianco diapers on 1/21/2008.  The first backup of the Bambino Diapers site on the Wayback Machine that mentions Bianco diapers is on 1/31/2008, so I must have bought them almost as quickly as they put them on the market.

If you can look back into your Bambino account and see when you purchased the Biancos with the velcro tapes, I'd love to know when they were being sold.  I can then go to the Wayback machine and see what they looked like back then.