LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When you were a real little girl

What kind of little girl were you? A girly girl who was all about the dolls, dress-up, and tea parties? A tomboy who loved playing sports, climbing trees, and getting dirty? A little bit of both? Or neither? Maybe a bookworm, artist or a budding scientist or explorer?

My mom forced me into dance class for many of my early years (she 4-11), but I longed to play little league and soccer with my school friends. I loved playing outside, but also was an avid reader. Arts and crafts were a favorite too. Once I got a little older, around 10 or so, and could be trusted to walk or ride my bike to and from practice on my own I started playing sports, which made me so happy. So I guess I was pretty much a tomboy (and still am) but I had other interests too. How about you?

• Like 2

This kind

I already had an affinity to dolls by the time I was 5-1/2 and girl things did not seem antithetical to me. There are other blog entries about specific girl things, but this is the beginning of it all. I was the one who campaigned for this subforum as I did not want Little Girl and Sissy lumped in together as was the case (If you look on the early pages of Sissy Room you will see what I mean). There is no place in my life for things like SPH, having girl things being a source of humiliation or being effeminate rather than feminine, and the other mondo bizarro that goes with it. I wanted the Little Girl experience to be unadulterated by irrelevant issues

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

I was a bit of both: I tried not to wear pants (preferring dresses) until I was 5 but it never stopped me from climbing a tree!

I had Barbies and other dolls but I liked being out on my bike and digging huge holes (convinced we could get to China) at the park. 

I went to music classes and brownies but also played T-ball and soccer. 

• Like 2

These sound quite like my life story as well. I've always been fascinated by little girls' clothes from a very young age. But I also have been car-crazy. It's been a full life. I rebuilt the engine in my 1971 Buick Electra (in the driveway, much to my father's dismay) before starting at a four-year college. I painted cars and did all kinds of bodywork for people as well. That talent lead me to being able to draft my own patterns for adult-sized little girl clothes of which I have over 120 outfits that I have hand made for myself. I have lots of interests that don't necessarily have a gender. I play the piano (not a lot lately, though) and taught music lessons for over 19 years as well as spent four years as a pianist in a local elementary school.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I was always more of a tomboy.  I preferred wearing boys' clothes because they were more loose fitting and comfortable, and I loved playing outside on my swingset or at the park.  I never played sports, but my best friend from age 6 to 12 was a boy, and we got into all kinds of mischief together.

• Like 3

One thing that has changed here since the DL side bename more predominat is this; 6 or 7 years ago, when I would start a thread on a girlish topic It would get replies> Now, over the last 3 or so years, virtually nothing. And some of the thngs I have put here were things you could do things with. Like a Spirograph in Adult Kids, some stationery or the like. It seems that people here are uninterested in the interactive or doing things and content themselves with fantasy stories or just talking about DL things. There are more things here about plushies, where are more baby or generic than about dolls, which are all little girl. When I imported from GirlTalk. To, HUG YOUR DOLLY DAY, if I did not start the discussion, none of the other participating  girls, specifically Rachel Emily nor Joanne-Chan would say anything. At least judging from what I see. I have not gotten any emails so I guess nobody has been to LITTEL CHRISTINE'S DOLLHOUSE - Part Deux nor has RUBBER PANTIES'R'US gotten any significant response. We seem to be going off into our own corners. I feel kind of bad about that since a thriving ABAK, especially ABLG culture would be just scrumptious to see, with all its bright and pretty colors, activities, cross-fertilization of ideas and things to do and play with, and I lobbied hard for these forums

I was always a bit all over the place. I had Barbies and such but also played sports. I got my feelings hurt but still beat up the boys on the playground or at school. I hated wearing pants until I was 5 but after then it wasn't easy to get me into a dress. LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I was a bookworm and adventurer as a kid! I also really loved riding my bike, climbing trees and eating out of the garden. I tease my brother that we were feral. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

If I could be a real little girl, I would have the both side : very girly, with fancy dresses and skirt, dolls. Doing gymnastics and classical dance in beautiful leotards, and the tomboy side when It's time to play outside and climb some trees.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being transgender I sometimes wish I grew up as a girl in society, but also my whole journey has made me who I am today and I know had a grown up being seen as a girl that I wouldn't have had the opportunities very likely that I was afforded by being seen as male for 36 years in society.

What I did have until age 10/11 was the neighbor girls were my friends and I wore tutu's, we played dress up, did skits on my mom's "home video recorder camera" on vhs and then the mini tapes when they came out. One of their mom's was a clown and she would make costumes that we would wear for these skits.

My mom was always an avid outdoors person, so we went camping/hiking the whole time I grew up and so besides probably the fact that I would have worn some different clothing had I been seen as a girl, those activities wouldn't have changed. She was a single mom and my dad wasn't in the picture.

Other activities that wouldn't have changed was my toy cars and science kits. I may have not played video games with the other boys had I been seen as a girl at that point, but video games were an interest of mine and my grandma was into NES, so me being into them probably wouldn't have changed. My mom wanted me to try everything and not be constrained by societies thoughts on what are girl/boy activities, so until age 10-12, when the world really starts to separate out boys and girls, I got the best of both worlds and most my "good friends" were girls, played with the boys some, but I got along with the girls much better, that should have been a big clue that I was transgender, but really until about 2010, there wasn't much "good public media" on those who are transgender.

Meaning that pretty much all media I saw in the 90's/early 2000's was making fun of deviant transvestites/transgenders. I do think a major shift was seen when I saw Laverne Cox being a role model on TV of just a transgender woman who lives as an actual woman and isn't an outcast of society. I think that's when I started to realize that this wasn't just a fetish for me and I was a "crossdresser", but I was a woman trapped in a mans body and I could actually possibly transition and live a relatively normal happy life as a transgender woman, not one of those sexual deviant "transgenders" on the Jerry Springer Show.

Christine, love that you're so passionate about your version of being a little girl in the 40s/50s, but I think you have to realize the other girls versions of say my era of being a little girl in the 80s/90s is just as valid. I think you are finding that your version of being a little girl is very niche and that's why not very many of us relate to your posts, nor answer them. I see that one here that posted is near my age and then another much younger in her 20s and certainly her version of growing up as a little girl in the early 2000s is even different then mine in the late 80s/early 90s.

I think if you're only posting things about being a little girl in the 40s/50s you're going to keep having very little discussion in the Little Girls Playhouse.

I can only imagine what growing up as a little girl in the 2020s is like now, sure there's still cultural biases of boy vs girl things, but even since I grew in in the 80s/90s its so much more acceptable for girls to pretty much do anything boys do growing up. So their "Little Girls Playhouse" version is much more open then even what I saw as my "Little Girls Playhouse" in the 80s/90s.

• Like 1