LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

HI EVERYONE

just thought i write a lil bit about my 48 hours in my 3 nappies. well. its now been a lil over 48 since i put my nappies on and it feels great. ive got a meduim x plus with slits cut in, a large x plus also with slits cut in and over the top ive got a large xplus again. its really really wet and soggy. ive also been poo poo init whch felf great at the time but is not starting to sting.

how long to u think i can keep thses nappies on and do u think i will get a rash. i hope so cos them my gf can put some nappy rash cream on me which is a bonus i suppose lol

any thoughts

lfcbaby

I'd imagine you almost certainly already do have a rash. It'll probably be more than a little bit red down there and when you take the diapers off and the skin starts to dry up, it'll probably start to itch then.

48 hours is a long time for the skin to be both wet and in contact with (acidic) pee and the nasty enzymes in poop (which can cause skin breakdown). Be careful and make sure you pre-emptively use some diaper rash cream when you take the diapers off even if it looks ok - you might find yourself making an awkward admission to your GP otherwise!

If you got a rash get some neosporen+ pain, works good and its fast, next time you diaper up for a long time get a good diaper cream zinc oxide, that way you won't have a problem, put some on, and get it all over your diaper area mostly in the creases and your crack, and your cheeks, put a lot on, Its nice to have a diaper on for a long time and just have clean up when your done, and not pain...

Diaper rash is not nice, and it appears after only a couple hours if you mess your diaper and stay in it.

Skin needs to breathe, so wear diapers continually if you must - but take a little time out each day to let skin breathe and dry naturally.

Oh... and keep everything scrupulously clean down there!!! :)

Simba B)

Pee causes the itching? I was wondering about that, the last little while I've been itchy down there, it gets kinda akward when I'm in public somewhere. Anything I can do to cut down on that? :blush:

It's irritates the skin which causes itching and if left too long, diaper rash. The way to reduce it is to use plenty of baby powder in the diaper before you put it on (or cornflour apparently works well if you don't want the smell). It absorbs some of the residual pee that would otherwise be dampening the skin and helps prevent itching, rashes, etc.

Zinc-oxide barrier cream (aka Destin) also works but is sticky, greasy and quite unpleasant to deal with (IMHO). You smear it on your skin and it creates a water-insoluble barrier between the diaper and your skin, preventing the pee from irritating you.

"Fresh" urine on its own does not cause diaper rash because, like boogers, urine is sterile (unless you have a urinary tract infection). Over time, the PH of urine changes and amonia levels rise, it then begins to iritate the skin (beginnnings of rash), which then makes it susceptible to bacterial infection, which then becomes a serious diaper rash. Poop contains bacteria which when added to the now iritated skin...and you have serious rash! Poop will cause a rash much faster than urine will.