LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for Shaving?

I'm starting the 12-month diaper training program and one of the first steps is to shave your nether regions.  I'm female, and have tried shaving down there before, but I always get super itchy.  Does anyone have any advice for how to get the hair off without the itching?  Is waxing super painful?

Use a good  hair conditioner instead of shaving gels or foam, the razor will not drag as much.

When I do shave my face I use my hair conditioner, I can feel there is less skin irritation compared to gels and soaps.

I personally like to use baby shampoo, it can be any brand, the store brands are a lot cheaper. But I use baby shampoo for a lot of things, enemas its mild on the insides.

I haven't tried conditioner it makes since because it leaves a moisture feeling. I shave in the shower so its easy to rinse off.

I've been 24/7 continuously for about 15 months and I can vouch for going hairless "down there" as helpful for controlling odour and hygiene and nappy rash.  If you are going all the way with dirty diapers, being hairless is practically mandatory.  It turns out that hair is surprisingly porous and will hang on to the smell even after careful washing.

I found that wet-shaving did make for itchy stubble but the killer for me was ingrown hairs.  I now have an electric beard trimmer and once or twice a week I'll "mow the lawn".  It's not as close a cut but it's pretty close and it does seem to prevent ingrown hairs.

I shave every day at my first change, I know it will itch like mad if I let it begin to grow, fortunately I'm not particularly hairy even down there, I can feel it though but it soon pails into insignificance compared to the plastic pant welts on my legs particularity the most sensitive bits.
I regard it all as part of the package of being diaperd and have to enjoy it ❤️

Shaving gives me the feeling of being really little I have done it regiously all over my body except my head and arms.  But I find it to hard to maintain so I just shave my crotch, and butt once per week to maintain it.  I find shaving more than once per week causes irritation and ingrown hairs.  If I am having date or playdate with another little and going to be dressing in tights and a dress I will shave everything including my arm pits right before the date. but I will not shave my head and arms. 

Edited by Njdiaper2020
Adding a correction
18 hours ago, oznl said:

I've been 24/7 continuously for about 15 months and I can vouch for going hairless "down there" as helpful for controlling odour and hygiene and nappy rash.  If you are going all the way with dirty diapers, being hairless is practically mandatory.  It turns out that hair is surprisingly porous and will hang on to the smell even after careful washing.

I found that wet-shaving did make for itchy stubble but the killer for me was ingrown hairs.  I now have an electric beard trimmer and once or twice a week I'll "mow the lawn".  It's not as close a cut but it's pretty close and it does seem to prevent ingrown hairs.

I have had ingrown hairs a few times, it may be better to use the beard trimmer and keep a little stubble, my only issue with that has been when I did  it, I had the stubble stick to my disposable diapers and feels un comfortable Sometimes to say the least, feels like a bug is biting me or something. So I go back and forth, if I wash really good before and after I razor shave my lowers, and coat it in a thin layer vasoline it keeps the ingrown hairs from happening most of the time. 

It takes a while to get used to but the itching goes down.  The first couple days were itch city for me and now it doesn't really itch at all.  Shaving down there is just part of my morning shower routine.  Hair conditioner also works really good for me too.  

Using a fresh razor and a very thin layer of baby oil helps a lot. I've been shaving for years, for other reasons, and it does help with the process of shaving naughty bits. I will also use Prince shaving cream from Lush, it's very gentle and leaves you feeling soothed. 

For ingrown hairs it is a good idea to make sure you're exfoliating. A soft washcloth will really help if you just gently rub against the growth direction of hairs. A loofah or those plastic poufs can be a little harsh and cause irritation. 

I don't know if those will help with biological male genitals / area... but I don't think it could hurt.  For female genitals I can attest that regular shaving, gentle exfoliation, and something like baby oil will really help the process.