LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Experiment

I was just wondering if lots of people were to contact the makers of baby diapers, such as Kimberly Clark (Huggies) and Procter & Gamble (Pampers) about making adult diapers resembling their baby diapers, if they'd consider the request a reasonable business venture. If they had enough people show interest in it. Think about it, there is always research being done to make baby diapers better based on a baby's activity and so forth. If they took the same approach to adult diapers, perhaps we'd have some even nicer diapers available. Despite common misconception, diapers aren't for just babies and the elderly, they're for everyone in between as well and perhaps we need to drill that into their heads. We need products that stand up to our activity and our daily lives. That's just my thought. Do you think it would work if lots of people contacted them and requested the same thing?

Btw, I'm not saying we don't have some quality products, because we do. It's just that I can be pretty active and the diapers aren't flexible enough to be comfortable in activity.

i think that they would if there was enough people and the company seen a good profit in it but i don't think there is enough of us AB/DL to make it happen any time soon but we can always hope. what would be real cool tho if they made a sports diaper for active people probably would be a great seller.

Maybe we should try to get the adult diaper companies to try to follow suit and make diapers for much more active people, like you said, those in between babies and the elderly. There are poeple that can move around just fine, but need diapers. When they try to wear one when they are active, it slips, and stretches, and all kinds of stuff, not like a baby's diaper which would have "held it's ground." Almost every diaper I have seen are made for people that are lying down, or sitting almost all the time. Companies like Molicare, Tranquility, Abena, and Prevail, just to name a few could make a diaper for very mobile adults, ones that are better than the "Breezers" and the like.

So start writing and calling them. You will get better results, I am sure of it.

Depends sent me an e mail, and asked me what do I think would make there diapers better, well I said if you made a diaper that didn't leak, for a person that actully did something while wearing it, and I asked them if, all there diaper cosutomers, were in a coma, but I didn't get a response.

I guess they don't get too many complaints from comatose people, so they keep makeing diaper for those folks, otherwise the tapes pop open when you lean down, and they leak even if you duct tape them on....

I guess the best of this sort of markets, nappies designed for adults, is the one supplying those of us who get their nappies delivered through their healthcare insurrances and the nursing/hospital sectors. It's a known market, relatively stable and the recievers usually are satisfied or atleast not directly dissasified. So the larger companies already providing the market have what they want, a steady taker of whatever they produce. Compared to this market, the market for pee ple who wants a few nappies now and then with some fun patterns on and or extra heavy padding is almost non existant, and worst it's unstable because it always follows pee ples mood not their needs. So being realistic, I don't think pampers or any other like that cares much about some emails, I bet they get millions of them already asking for thousands other modifications like clear windows in the behind so you don't have to sniff your baby or open the nappy to se if she have pooped, or handles so you can lift your baby with out danger of getting pee on you and stuff like that. Actually, I think they would just smile and think it was sort of funny, if some mailed them and asked for a pampers senior line of nappies.

By the way, what sort of pictures should be on it ? Senior cartoon characters with canes, walkers and wheelchairs ??

You need to be realistic, its a supply and demand world out there. I'll hazard a guess that 99+% of diapers are consumed by hospitals, nursing homes, and facilities that care for "handicapped" people. Securepersonalcare.com now makes the Bambino diapers for us, but because our market is so small, the prices aren't competitive with the mass produced brands.

It wouldn't surprise me if P&G, as part of selling Attends to Paperpak said that they wouldn't enter into the adult diaper market for some period of time.

Kimberly-Clark already makes a lot of incontinence products for ambulatory people (Depends undergarments, refastenable undergarments, briefs, pads etc) and has provided for a large majority of incontinent people. Remember, the majority of ambulatory people with incontinence are NOT wearing diapers because they don't need to, they simply don't leak that much! If they do, they seek medical attention, and most of the time they can get treatment, that if it doesn't cure their problem, often reduces it significantly.

So, come back to reality, and realize that most main stream (pardon the pun) companies have no interest in catering to fetishists like us. In fact, they might even be concerned that if it got out that they did, it might hurt their reputation!

The same applies to people who want their significant others to want to wear diapers, or to like diapers. In 99% of the cases, it simply isn't going to happen. It would be like asking you to like a food you detest--not happening!

You need to be realistic, its a supply and demand world out there. I'll hazard a guess that 99+% of diapers are consumed by hospitals, nursing homes, and facilities that care for "handicapped" people. Securepersonalcare.com now makes the Bambino diapers for us, but because our market is so small, the prices aren't competitive with the mass produced brands.

It wouldn't surprise me if P&G, as part of selling Attends to Paperpak said that they wouldn't enter into the adult diaper market for some period of time.

Kimberly-Clark already makes a lot of incontinence products for ambulatory people (Depends undergarments, refastenable undergarments, briefs, pads etc) and has provided for a large majority of incontinent people. Remember, the majority of ambulatory people with incontinence are NOT wearing diapers because they don't need to, they simply don't leak that much! If they do, they seek medical attention, and most of the time they can get treatment, that if it doesn't cure their problem, often reduces it significantly.

So, come back to reality, and realize that most main stream (pardon the pun) companies have no interest in catering to fetishists like us. In fact, they might even be concerned that if it got out that they did, it might hurt their reputation!

The same applies to people who want their significant others to want to wear diapers, or to like diapers. In 99% of the cases, it simply isn't going to happen. It would be like asking you to like a food you detest--not happening!

what they should do is put a spot on there website wear you can custom order your diapers.so if you want baby prints on them you could get them!!! that way if you want them like that you could get them.it would be more money for them so I don't know why they don't do it.bambino diapers are nice.and I have some.but the price is good for the diaper if you need a diaper that holds that much.I for one would like to have the prints on a cheaper diaper so the price would be cut in half..

what they should do is put a spot on there website wear you can custom order your diapers.so if you want baby prints on them you could get them!!! that way if you want them like that you could get them.it would be more money for them so I don't know why they don't do it.bambino diapers are nice.and I have some.but the price is good for the diaper if you need a diaper that holds that much.I for one would like to have the prints on a cheaper diaper so the price would be cut in half..

If you want diapers with prints, buy your favorite diapers and then go out and buy some self stick childrens shelf paper. Stick it to the front of your diaper and voila! Baby print diapers. This is how all the other baby print diapers you see online are being made.

No one is going to manufacture one-off diapers on demand.

The supply and demand is exactly correct. They need to supply what the people demand. A large number of people demand a comfortable diaper that doesn't leak when worn out and about. That isn't "out there" or "unrealistic".

Even when poeple seek treatments, there are those that either can't be treated, treatment doesn't work, or they don't want to see a doctor. Some incontinence has even been linked to psychiatric conditionsand certian medications, not just physical conditions. These are the ones that demand the diaper we speak of.

Those of you that want cartoons and flowers will just have to add them yourself, because the major manufacturers don't want to get involved in what THEY consider to be merely a silly hobby. As they see it, they have serious business to do- make serious diapers for those that need to wear them, not want to wear them for leisure.

We need to let them know that we demand the active lifestyle diaper. Thick, yet mobile, and as leakproof as possible. It is a realistic goal. All it takes is e-mails, surveys, and phone calls.

After they make it a reality, all of you ABs can add whatever you want to make it babyish on your own time.

The supply and demand is exactly correct. They need to supply what the people demand. A large number of people demand a comfortable diaper that doesn't leak when worn out and about. That isn't "out there" or "unrealistic".

I must say, that for the last probably 7-8 years I have had nappies that dont leak, what I think some people really dream of, is a nappy with same capacity as a 10 liter plastic bucket. It's not possible to make such a nappy, unless you'll accept wearing a bucket.

Someone suggested that the producers could have a button on their homepage you could press if you wanted the company to deliver with colours and so. It just doesn't make sence for them to do so. Imagine how it would sound in the production... Stop the machines, we need to make a single packet of nappies with another pattern on it.. I bet you would come right after and say they were waaaayyy too expensive, even though they would have to be.

I think the best bet is to buy from pee ple in contact with the community, who wishes to earn a little extra and therefore creates small batches of colourfull nappies to sell at a higher cost than normal. They expect you to buy from them, because they heard pee ple say that the need was there, and the willingness to pay extra for that was there too.

Large nappy producers does not see that same need or willingness as anything significant compared to their already exsisting market so to them, its just nothing worth caring abaout.

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny how everybody says that they want plastic outer cover diapers but then they want diapers to stretch and be fitted the way the current baby diapers do. All the baby diapers are cloth an the only reason y they have that active fit is because they stretch with the babies movement and have velcrow like tabs that dont become undone unlike the plastic diapers. I have never seen any plastic diaper with strechable sides. I am not a big fan of plastic because its easy to rib holes in the outer cover and the tapes r horrible but thats just me. I havent tried every diaper out there thats plastic.

I must say, that for the last probably 7-8 years I have had nappies that dont leak, what I think some people really dream of, is a nappy with same capacity as a 10 liter plastic bucket. It's not possible to make such a nappy, unless you'll accept wearing a bucket.

Someone suggested that the producers could have a button on their homepage you could press if you wanted the company to deliver with colours and so. It just doesn't make sence for them to do so. Imagine how it would sound in the production... Stop the machines, we need to make a single packet of nappies with another pattern on it.. I bet you would come right after and say they were waaaayyy too expensive, even though they would have to be.

I never said anything about massive, huge-ass, liters and liters diapers. You, Julia, are a female. I'm sure you have no problem with leaks. Due to different anatomy, it isn't as easy for guys to find a diaper that doesn't leak when worn during normal activities. All I want is better leak protecton while adding mobility. I'm sure they can do it.

Also, if you would have read my post you would have seen that I don't think that custom diapers is a possibility on the mass market.

PLEASE don't argue against me if you don't know where I stand, or if you didn't read my post correctly.

-end-

I never said anything about massive, huge-ass, liters and liters diapers. You, Julia, are a female. I'm sure you have no problem with leaks. Due to different anatomy, it isn't as easy for guys to find a diaper that doesn't leak when worn during normal activities. All I want is better leak protecton while adding mobility. I'm sure they can do it.

Also, if you would have read my post you would have seen that I don't think that custom diapers is a possibility on the mass market.

PLEASE don't argue against me if you don't know where I stand, or if you didn't read my post correctly.

-end-

Leak protection like standing leakguards are mainly designed for poop so that it won't be squeezed out on the sides when it is sat on, the standing leakguards form a barrier that kind of wraps over it and as such prevent it from getting out. If you remember some of the older nappy commercials you will remember it was often demonstrated with huge blue balls to demonstrate that they didn't fall out, and not with water which would be much smarter if they wanted to show that it actually was designed to keep a pool of pee inside it. the leg gathers are to prevent the inside of the nappy which is wet, to get in contact with your clothes since this will mean your clothes will start working as a wick and slowly get wet, by having leggathers with elastics you reduce that risk by providing more outside backing close to the risky area.

A way to actually prevent leaks from happening that are built into all the nappies, is room, leave room in it for it to expand, having it on as tight as possible means a constant preasure on the whole heart of the nappy, leaving less chance of taking the deal - sort of like the difference between a sponge at rest and a squeezed sponge the last one simply doesn,t take that much of it.

So if the nappy is too tight for you, get yourself a larger one, and the other way around too if its too large you have to get a smaller one. They have to fit, but I'm sure anybody would know that.

I can imagine the problem with male anatomy that thing probably have a life of its own, but I think that in order to make a nappy that fully adresses that problem, they would have to make one with an added on cylindrical piece sticking out of the nappy at the appropriate place to have it in.

I know other guys handle some of the problem by tugging the thing between the legs, but ofcourse that won't look as good in a pair of tight jeans :-)

If your main problem is socalled flooding, a huge amount coming at once, and you're a man, I would still believe a condom catheter would be an ideal solution. It is non invasive, offers super mobility, and it takes several floodings, and there is no problems about changing in public restrooms. I know many men have great advantage of this thing, but I also understand that it probably isn't very interesting for many of the guys in this forum :-)

• 7 months later...

From 1990 until 2005 I was in frequent contact with the marketing departments of P&G, Kimberly Clark and PaperPak Corp. Since 1981 I have purchased a whole lot of Attends, Depend, Pampers, Huggies and GoodNites.

For many years I was pleading for tape-on diapers to fit toddlers/kids over 40 pounds. Children grow larger at younger ages today than years back, and toilet learning also seems to be slower. First they did produce Size 5 and then Size 6 for most toddler brands and styles. Long after all those companies stopped contacting me, P&G did bring out the Size 7 Pampers Cruisers. Nobody will tell me the sales volume of Size 7, but I do notice the supermarkets do not give them much shelf space. That strongly suggests Size 6 are generally big enough. What I kept trying to explain from a parenting standpoint is when a child is still diapered, you need more than one style, something really stretchy like Cruisers when the kids is active, and something more absorbent for sleeping, like Huggies OverNites.

Excuse me, but as much as I love KCC for marketing GoodNites as discreet for older kids, the problem is they leak so much. I am not sure sleep-overs are a major problem. Most of the time the older kids is sleeping at home. You would think a smaller version of Depend Adjustable would be available, although I know a lot of kids who learn to put on their own tape-on diapers by age 5. In bed tape-on almost always leak less than pull-up. When a kid can work the tabs, they are equal to pull-ups.

Bambino seems to be the answer for adults wanting a babyish disposable. No way can manufacturers stop and start a production line for custom orders. As a gal who really liked Attends the first time I needed them back when they were a P&G brand, I was really sad that the brand was sold to PaperPak. They are wonderful people, but had no way to retain supermarket shelf space. We will never know why P&G got out of the adult diaper business. Their timing was bad, because they got out just as that segment took off. At least PaperPak made good use of the Attends inventions, vastly improving their entire line of institutional and generic disposables. Attends seem to be slowly getting some shelf space, and each year more firms sell them on-line.

When Depend gave up keeping their slip-in and belted pads stocked in supermarkets, several women wetters I know in person took drastic action. Some moms noticed that Size 3 and 4 of many toddler disposables were very similar to the better slip-in pads. All we needed to do was cut off the back tabs. There are many benefits. Toddler diapers cost way less and tend to absorb more. I find a Size 4 Cruiser significantly more comfy than the best adult slip-in. While I have never worried who cares when I buy diapers, younger women, even older teen gals who wet, say that nobody pays attention when they but toddler diapers. They could be the babysitter or mommy. You do not need to plan so far in advance, since most places there are 24/7 supermarkets selling some selection of toddler disposables.