LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After 6 months on free-flow drainage by catheter the bladder shrinks and ceases to function properly

If anyone's been looking for proof that long term catherization can shrink the bladder, i've found this study saying considerable reduction in capacity occurs after six months. Another study found that after one year the average bladder capacity shrunk from 360 to 220 ml. Once your bladder is down to 220 ml, you're pretty much restricted to the toilet as you will be voiding once an hour. 

Cheers to science! I just started my journey. I've been cathed for three days so far.

Will anyone else try this method? 

I Can most certainly attest to this.  I have been wearing and using diapers for so long granted i did have urge issues when my back injury started some 15 or so years ago and that was the excuse to wear diapers ... Evil grin :D  but to make matters worst i also like playing with foley catheters and will used them for a few weeks at a time so with that combination of being diapered and cathing my bladder was about 120cc that was with me trying to jump off the table potty dance before i peed like a good boy for the Dr instructs me to... My chart now state reflux incontinent. This was the most recent testing the VA did when they were redoing my diaper scripts.  I couldn't be happier except when i diaper my princess at bedtime so we all stay dry but that is for another time  

• Like 1
21 hours ago, steveg said:

I Can most certainly attest to this.  I have been wearing and using diapers for so long granted i did have urge issues when my back injury started some 15 or so years ago and that was the excuse to wear diapers ... Evil grin :D  but to make matters worst i also like playing with foley catheters and will used them for a few weeks at a time so with that combination of being diapered and cathing my bladder was about 120cc that was with me trying to jump off the table potty dance before i peed like a good boy for the Dr instructs me to... My chart now state reflux incontinent. This was the most recent testing the VA did when they were redoing my diaper scripts.  I couldn't be happier except when i diaper my princess at bedtime so we all stay dry but that is for another time  

I have a question. I saw you go to the VA and I just had my first appointment. I told the doctor that I have to go a lot during the day, that it doesn’t feel like I empty completely,  and sometimes I have to run to the bathroom. She know that I wear diapers for comfort and she’s ordering a bladder test. She also wants to test the size of my bladder, I think because she thinks my diaper usage has shrunk it. Do you think it’s ok to ask for a diaper script now?  

absolutely ask for diaper from them.  its all about quality of life and metal health if you fell isolated because your afraid to leave the house because the the fear or leaking in your pants or waking up in another wet bed and its becoming a finical burden to afford them 

14 hours ago, steveg said:

absolutely ask for diaper from them.  its all about quality of life and metal health if you fell isolated because your afraid to leave the house because the the fear or leaking in your pants or waking up in another wet bed and its becoming a finical burden to afford them 

I really want to, I just don’t want her to think I’m making up the issues to get diapers. 

It's logical that people who have a catheter for an extended period of time effectively have to potty train themselves again, as they will have lost the habit of holding a full bladder, and the muscles will be weaker as well as the bladder having shrunk.

I guess success will vary depending on age and bladder function. If you do it voluntarily, though, it is perhaps a route into nappy dependence. I think anyone who has to go once an hour or more is better off in nappies from a lifestyle point of view, in any case. Would you want to live your life chained to the toilet, or take care of things discreetly in your pants and change when you need to?

I was charged for 4 months and it did increase the urge but not the capacity. Once the sphincter clenched again, they drained more than 300ml , even now that they cut a part out of the sphincter I still feel pressure buildup while lying down or sitting and flood when standing and moving shortly after.