LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Cloth Diaper Video’s

darboy

Hello All Cloth Diaper Wearers!

Ive been wearing cloth diapers for a while and have invested some money into flats and prefold adult diapers but have never really worn them because I don’t know how to pin them and get them tight enough to hold up when I stand up.  I don’t have hardly any hips so that doesn’t help.  I can use Snappies on a contour and they work fine for me, but the snappies don’t work well on flats and prefold diapers in my opinion.  

my question, is does anyone have a video on self pinning on a flat or prefold diaper tightly that I could see how you do it?  I see disposable diapers getting put on all the time and have learned some great techniques to getting that “perfect” diapering, I would like to see that with cloth.  I know that plastic pants and a onesie help with keeping diapers up, but I’ve seen plenty of pictures of people with a nice tight cloth diaper on, I just don’t know how they do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The first step is to get your self some reasonably fitting plastic pants to go over them.   They'll cover up a lot of pinning problems.

I actaully use the larger of the two Snappi diaper fastener.    Once you prestretch them, they will reach for most diapering situations.    The center claw nicely tugs up on the center of the diaper.     If you're having issue with just two pins, try four.   There's good reason why adult diapers have four (or six) tapes rather than the two that baby diapers have.

@darboy

My suggestion is that you search youtube for "how to pin on/change a cloth diaper"  There may be some sort of video that shows you how to change or pin up a diaper like that.  There also may be something like that if you go to a site that sells these type of diapers:  Make sure to search on the word "adult diaper" on youtube, or you'll probably get a bunch of videos for diapering babies/toddlers ;)

Good Luck!

Brian

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

The first step is to get your self some reasonably fitting plastic pants to go over them.   They'll cover up a lot of pinning problems.

I actaully use the larger of the two Snappi diaper fastener.    Once you prestretch them, they will reach for most diapering situations.    The center claw nicely tugs up on the center of the diaper.     If you're having issue with just two pins, try four.   There's good reason why adult diapers have four (or six) tapes rather than the two that baby diapers have.

I currently use snappies for contour diapers, but they do seam to fit as well with the prefolds or flats.  Which way to you run the pins?  Up and down or left to right.

I nave been wearing cloth diapers for over 5o years.When you pin the right one the head of the pin is facing left,And it is straight across.The left one is facing right.You have to hold the diaper snugly when you pin them if you want a tight fit.

Hope that helps

49 minutes ago, waynecook52 said:

I nave been wearing cloth diapers for over 5o years.When you pin the right one the head of the pin is facing left,And it is straight across.The left one is facing right.You have to hold the diaper snugly when you pin them if you want a tight fit.

Hope that helps

@waynecook52Essentially what you're saying is the head of each pin should face away from the front of the diaper, and both should be horizontal.

I do that too - I found early on when using cloth that this puts the stress of the fabrics trying to pull apart in the spring hinge of the pin rather than the head, so it doesn't try to pop open all of the time.

I do up the waist first with a pin running vertically on each side.   I the pull the pieces closest to my leg together and stick another pin there.     Some recommend the opposite order (admittedly that does work better for disposables).

23 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

@waynecook52Essentially what you're saying is the head of each pin should face away from the front of the diaper, and both should be horizontal.

I do that too - I found early on when using cloth that this puts the stress of the fabrics trying to pull apart in the spring hinge of the pin rather than the head, so it doesn't try to pop open all of the time.

Well cince I changed to the bigger pins I have not had one pop on me.There where so many times when my mom or my sisters would pin them on they would pop open and t5hat would hurt