LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz prefold folding technique needed

Hi all,

I just purchased a Rearz prefold (medium) with the center section sewn in.

This center section makes a normal kite fold pretty much impossible (unless I'm missing the obvious...which is very possible) and the link to the 'how to use' on the rearz website takes you to youtube where a ~4 month old baby gets a change (pretty much useless for an adult product and no idea why they would choose it).

I'm chasing any info or diagram etc on what's the best way to fold these for use.

Why are you trying to fold a prefold? That is why they were marketed beginning in 1951 as a diaper you did not have to fold

I'm not actually sure why they call a square piece of fabric to be used as a diaper 'prefold' .... yet it is, even though it's a square cloth diaper. 

It has the soaker section in the middle 1/3 that's thicker than the rest and that's about it. It needs some folding otherwise you're just wrapping yourself in big square.

Ok now I see where the term prefold comes into it.

This was the way I folded mine to use but I might just have to work on my technique if this is the only way to fold them. 

13 hours ago, warpiper said:

I found this to be helpful: https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/folding-diapers

I use version 2.

-piper

Yeah that's the way I folded mine also. I really think I just need to get better at doing it more. 

I think I'll buy a normal square terry cloth diaper and try the kite-fold method also.