LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thrift store diaper score

DL-Boy

After reading on numerous occasions where others here have found some decent diapers at thrift stores, I decided to spend some time today hitting some stores in my area.

I hit one thrift store in Richardson, "Thrift City" and found a deal, although not for my use but rather for my wife.  It was a 50 count pack (minus one or two) of X-Large "ProCare Plus" pull-up underwear for 14.99.  She's got OAB, urge and stress incontinence and usually uses Walmart Assurance pull-ups for women.  A 32 count pack of Assurance costs 16.84.

I then hit up two different Good Will stores and they had nothing in my size and what they did have (Medium Covidien Wings Overnights) as many here probably recall, I had a bad experience with and won't get them again unless they're free and then I'll have a really hard decision.

I went to one Salvation Army store and found two packages of different brands, one of which is a mystery brand that I may need some help figuring out.

I found an 18 count back of Large McKesson Briefs ULTRA for 8.99 and an unmarked, approximately 20 count bag of pale yellow diapers that appear to be large, for 8.99.  They appear to be thicker/larger than the McKesson ones.  One had been pulled out, unfolded, refolded, and stuffed back in the open bag.  I spread that diaper out and got a picture as well as a photo of the clear bag full of diapers.

ProCare Plus Underwear (pull-ups) - for my wife.  $14.99 from Thrift City, Richardson TX

2122580867_20191204_195511(resized).jpg.453c961b61dd944bf9f5d3acaa305c25.jpg

McKesson package - $8.99 from Salvation Army store, Plano TX

20191204_195651.jpg.1062b8cc793cbc8845d0ce131c31efbc.jpg    20191204_195635.jpg.814d166fd7d55c9c23a6fd09805c3f9c.jpg

Mystery diapers. (Second photo is not to same scale as first one.) Any idea what brand?  - $8.99 from Salvation Army store in Plano TX.

20191204_195822.jpg.2a11a9a91e98bb21d762693a5823842f.jpg   20191204_195918.jpg.3bf6da7c208d6060f3c4c8dfeba01476.jpg

...when I was at a thrift store last week I saw three packs of "Corviden"(I think that was the brand)10 or 12 packs for $5 a piece. With all the dust on them they had been sitting there awhile. They were also XXL, so that may have been another reason they had been there awhile.

The beige or pale yellow "mystery" diapers in the clear bag look like Tranquility Selects except that the wetness indicator is yellow instead of blue like the photos of "Selects" shows.  Also, Tranquility Selects come in packs of 12, not 20.

I've worn two so far (last night and tonight).  I didn't have any pee SPILL OUT of the diaper last night, although my onesie did pick up some moisture due to wicking.  I was still able to wear the onesie to bed with my Abri-Form Premium comfortably without any wetness after changing.  They don't hold a lot and they don't have leg guards, only the outer gathers, but so far they seem to be about as up to the task as the Walmart Assurance briefs.

They could be Prevail.  Prevail cloth backed disposable diapers has very thin side panels like what is shown and they do come in different colors depending on size.  Those look like X-Large Prevail diapers to me.  Good job with the find.  McKesson are better than average for store type diapers.  I usually find my diapers at thrift stores and Goodwill for about $3 to $4 a package.  Salvation Army stores seem close to retail prices when they have diapers so I don't even bother with them anymore.  They are supposed to be helping low income people, not gouging them for everything they can.

The one thing about Prevail and Tranquility is that their tapes have some sort of pattern on the outer tape that these don't have.  The mystery diapers have velcro/tape hybrids but they are light-blue primary and white backup tapes like Abena uses (although a lighter blue).

I saw a picture of some Tena diapers in the exact same color that had nondescript tabs but I can't tell if the colors are blue/white or just white.  The photo was from clockmedical.com and it was the Tena Ultra XLG four-tab diapers.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:43 PM, DL-Boy said:

After reading on numerous occasions where others here have found some decent diapers at thrift stores, I decided to spend some time today hitting some stores in my area.

I hit one thrift store in Richardson, "Thrift City" and found a deal, although not for my use but rather for my wife.  It was a 50 count pack (minus one or two) of X-Large "ProCare Plus" pull-up underwear for 14.99.  She's got OAB, urge and stress incontinence and usually uses Walmart Assurance pull-ups for women.  A 32 count pack of Assurance costs 16.84.

I then hit up two different Good Will stores and they had nothing in my size and what they did have (Medium Covidien Wings Overnights) as many here probably recall, I had a bad experience with and won't get them again unless they're free and then I'll have a really hard decision.

I went to one Salvation Army store and found two packages of different brands, one of which is a mystery brand that I may need some help figuring out.

I found an 18 count back of Large McKesson Briefs ULTRA for 8.99 and an unmarked, approximately 20 count bag of pale yellow diapers that appear to be large, for 8.99.  They appear to be thicker/larger than the McKesson ones.  One had been pulled out, unfolded, refolded, and stuffed back in the open bag.  I spread that diaper out and got a picture as well as a photo of the clear bag full of diapers.

ProCare Plus Underwear (pull-ups) - for my wife.  $14.99 from Thrift City, Richardson TX

2122580867_20191204_195511(resized).jpg.453c961b61dd944bf9f5d3acaa305c25.jpg

McKesson package - $8.99 from Salvation Army store, Plano TX

20191204_195651.jpg.1062b8cc793cbc8845d0ce131c31efbc.jpg    20191204_195635.jpg.814d166fd7d55c9c23a6fd09805c3f9c.jpg

Mystery diapers. (Second photo is not to same scale as first one.) Any idea what brand?  - $8.99 from Salvation Army store in Plano TX.

20191204_195822.jpg.2a11a9a91e98bb21d762693a5823842f.jpg   20191204_195918.jpg.3bf6da7c208d6060f3c4c8dfeba01476.jpg

The Yellow ones  look like the Quality Brand I have used, If they are plastic backed they are the discontinued ones, I used to get them from a local supply co. for $55 a case and they said the plastic backing is no more, only cloth outer is being made.

3 hours ago, foreverdl said:

The Yellow ones  look like the Quality Brand I have used, If they are plastic backed they are the discontinued ones, I used to get them from a local supply co. for $55 a case and they said the plastic backing is no more, only cloth outer is being made.

They're a thin breathable cloth-type material with hybrid tabs (part Velcro and part adhesive). I've noticed a common color theme based on size with several manufacturers (Tranquillity, Attend, Prevail) so I think the pale yellow just means XL.  The tabs are pale blue with a white secondary tape, without any printed pattern. There is really no wetness indicator. The two yellow stripes that run the length of the padding apparently are only anchor adhesive as they aren't really very visible before or after wetting, and they don't change colors. They practically disappear when the diaper gets wet.

Oh, and I spilled out of one yesterday evening while sitting, watching TV. Max capacity seems to be maybe 500-700 ml if I was to guess. I might be wrong though.

I hit up Thrift City in Lewisville and 2 Thrift Giants near loop 12 today. Got 2 union suits, and some new shoes. The Thrift Giant on loop 12 has 8-9pks of Tranquility ATN size medium for 4.99 I think. Wouldn't fit me, but they were there yesterday.

14 hours ago, Megalo said:

I hit up Thrift City in Lewisville and 2 Thrift Giants near loop 12 today. Got 2 union suits, and some new shoes. The Thrift Giant on loop 12 has 8-9pks of Tranquility ATN size medium for 4.99 I think. Wouldn't fit me, but they were there yesterday.

I might have to look them up. Wonder what time they close?  I work in Irving and get off between 6-7 pm.

19 hours ago, Megalo said:

Thanks for the tip.  Since MEDIUM is on the low end of my size, I bought *ONE* package of the Tranquility ATNs for $4.99 (12 count).  There are seven more bags available.  They fit but barely.  Usable capacity of the medium ATN is 815ml.

I also purchased the only bag of Large Medline ExtendedWear briefs for $6.99 (15 count).  Usable capacity  of the large Medline ExtendedWear briefs is 1000ml.

They still don't hold a candle to the Abena Abri Form Premium L4 or XL4 diapers at 4000ml capacity, although I pay $69.99 for a case of 48 which works out to 17.50 per 12 ct bag or $1.46 each.  Even by the case, they're 3.5 times the price of the ATNs at Thrift Giant on Northwest Hwy and Web Chapel Rd.

I think I finally found out what the mystery diapers are that I bought at Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago.

Medline Protection Plus Briefs XL (MTB30600Z) 20 count bag.  Yellow/beige color, no standing leg guards (only the outer gathers), four "velcro-style" tabs with no special printing on the tab.  Two faint yellow stripes, apparently wetness indicators.  The 20 count XL package even comes in a CLEAR bag like the ones I bought.  Medline and several vendors all list these as "Level 7 - HEAVY absorbency"

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/protection-plus-contoured-adult-briefs.html

• Medline Protection Plus XL - Absorbency Level 7 (Heavy) - purchased Salvation Army 10/4/19 for 8.99 (20 count)
  • Medline Extended Wear L - Absorbency Level 10 (Overnight/Max) - purchased Thrift Giant 10/12/19 for $6.99 (15 count)